Jaz Mirabel Club

Mirabel Complex, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Hot

"We have recently returned from a fortnight at Mirabel Park, we were part of a party of 4 adults and 3 children under 11, the facilities for the children are really good, 5 slides, 3 pools and plenty of shops at the hotel mall to purchase inflatables for the pools. The family rooms are clean, spacious and modern with a separate bedroom for the kids, not that our child slept in there!! The food was really good, catered for the kids really well but we were careful not to eat the food which was washed in the local water. We stocked up on the free bottle water for the evenings and for brushing our teeth, some of us were ill, not sure if it was the food or the heat (stock up on Imodium) the weather was fantastic which was in the 40s no need for warmer clothes for the evenings, their just as hot!!!!! The sea is beautiful and crystal clear, great for snorkelling; the local currency used is Egyptian pound. Overall a great holiday but watch the time of year you travel out, the staff said the best time to visit is from November to April as the weather is cooler, in the 30s but if you’re a sun worshipper your be ok anytime of the year and lastly, don’t forget the mosquito spray, I forgot one night and was bitten 30 times! more fool me. …….!!! Enjoy.............."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

* Fantastic!! * !! 5* No Doubt about it!!

"First time in Egypt!!
Me and my boyfriend have just returned from Mirabel Resort..We stayed with the 'Club' Hotel..and i can not say a bad word about this hotel!! Ther are 3 hotels within Mirabel Resort...'Mirabel Beach'...'Mirabel Park'..and 'Mirabel Club'...you can use all the facilities in the daytime - but only eat and drink at your own hotel.

We were both over the moon when we arrived at Mirabel Resort..our cases were taken from us as soon as we hit the outside..whilst we checked in...then they were put on the back of a golf buggy (along with us) and were taken to the bottom of the stairs that lead us to our room..our cases were taken to our room..and there we were left to enjoy!!

The room was fantastic..very spacious..along with an excellent bathroom...the shower impressed me alone just by the size of it!! We left a small tip in the room each day and the maid returned his thanks with a decoration of towels on our bed..which i looked forward to seeing each day!!

The Restaurant was also Fab!!! The Staff could not do enough for us!! To be honest..it was the staff that made our holiday so easy to relax..the best hospitality i have EVER received!!
There was plenty of choice at each meal time.. there was at least 4 meat choices at dinner.. Neither of us suffered with a stomach complaint..which was of course a bonus!!

There is also a snack bar between 12pm - 5pm where you can enjoy burgers, chips etc if you fancy a change from the buffet.

There are water slides next door at 'Mirabel Park' which joins onto 'Mirabel Club'.
There is also a Disco underneath Mirabel Beach..which is quite cheesy but funny!!

Not much in the way of entertainment..so dont expect much..there was a Guitarist every other evening..a belly dancer once a week..and some other light entertainment..they take place in the Lobby Bar.. but is also a Theatre where by the Hotel Reps were performing acts each night..but didnt go to be honest...we were happy just chilling out with other English couples in the bar!!

The staff changed quite a bit within our 2 week stay..but this is because the staff tend to work 35 days straight..and then get 7-10 days off to go back to Cairo to visit their families!! They work very long shifts and are always smiling!!

Make sure you take PLENTY of insect repellant with you...and put it on every single day!!

When it came to our last day :o( our cases were left in the room...they were collected be the staff and taken to a room at the back of reception!!

All in all..we had the best holiday EVER!! The first time we had gone All Inclusive..and we would not doubt doing it again thanks to this hotel and Staff...Perfect relaxation holiday!! Justs take a look at the photo's!!!

Louise...Birmingham"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Great Hotel But

Good

"Just had 2 great weeks at the JAZZ. (The front part 5 star).
If you want a quiet, laid back place this was it.
If you want plenty of night life, it was pointless staying at this hotel.

We had a great time slightly spoiled by Faro's revenge.
My wife, daughter, son-in-law and myself (I never get stomach problems) all had the dreaded stomach bug for about 3 to 4 days.
The Hotel was spotlessly clean, in all ares, including the kitchens so we can only surmise it was staff hygiene ( I saw a couple of staff not use soap whilst washing their hands in the toilets, and a barman using his fingers to put slices of lemon in the drinks.

Good points..Hotel, very clean, well set out with plenty of space.
Bedrooms very good, large and quite. Best Air con system ever, with blackout curtains that allowed you to sleep in, no problem.
Pools great, beach great, sea great (but you had a long way to wade out to swim).
Staff...Excelent and as friendly as I have ever known.
Restaurants and pool bars, good, food very good, hot and plenty of choice. Drinks, not bad for an AI with local drinks included.

Bad points..As said stomach problems, with many guests ill, but to be fair we met guests from other hotels with similar.

No fresh fruit juices included. Due to few guests (time of year) one of the 2 main restaurants was closed (they said for refurbishment although we did not see any) for efficiency. This caused the no children restaurant to have to accommodate children.
In the bars unless you sat near the bar, service was a bit slow.

So all in all a good place to stay at the price. BUT not a five star more a 4 rating.

Must add...No policing of the corral reefs which are crumbling badly. When they go so will many tourists."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

Don't believe the bad reviews!

"I have just returned from a fantastic week in Sharm, staying in the Soly Y Mar Mirabel Beach Resort. Having booked some months ago, I was pretty worried about what to expect, as there have been more than a few bad reviews of the hotel posted on this site. However, I have to say that any problems experienced by travellers during the first few months of the resort being opened, are now no longer apparent!
The resot itself is gorgeous, with three hotels in the complex - the Park, Beach and Club (we stayed in the Park). Each hotel has a few pools, a bar, a buffet restaurant and pool bar. Also on site, is a shopping centre with 24 hour supermarket as well as gift, snorkelling gear, perfume etc shops and three a la carte restuarants.
You can only use the all inclusive restaurant/bar facilities in the hotel you stay in. The beach and private jetty is a short walk through the Beach complex and I would advise anyone to invest in snorkelling gear in order to appreciate the amazing marine life there.
The buffet food in the all-inclusive restaurants is lovely, and also varied (in the week we were there they had a chinese and a mexican themed menu). You can only eat free once at the a la carte restaurants, and this was reflected in the fact that those eatieries were often very quiet, with people obviously opting to stay at the buffet. I would really reccomend spending the little extra and eating sometimes in the a la carte places. Particulary the traditional Egyption one was amazing (there is also a Chinese and Italian). I had calamari and it was the best I have ever tasted, as well as the humous and lamb kofte that my partner had - to die for!
The staff at the Mirabel are fantastic. So friendly and helpful and willing to do anything to make your holiday the best it can be.
Also check out the spa, where you can use the jacuzzi and sauna facilities for free, and pay extra for massage/facial etc treatments. True relaxation, which is what this resort is all about! If you are after a busy, raving holiday then this is not the place for you. The nightlife in the resort itself is pretty quiet, with only small (fairly poor!) entertainment/cabaret crew, but they amused us none the less! Head in to Naama Bay if you want bars and night clubs - Mirbabel offer a shuttle service.
We did two excersions through Thomson.
The first was a Red Sea Cruise which was amazing, fantastic snorkelling opportunities, good food on board and a friendly, helpful guide, that we came to expect during the whole holiday. Very good value for money (£30 for the whole day) and just a lovely, chilled day.
The 2nd trip was Cairo By Air (£170). If you do this trip, BE PREPARED, as it is a VERY long day. I would reccommend anyone to spend the extra £35 and get a VIP upgrade. We got picked up at 4.45am (aaahhh! Non- VIP pick up time is 4.15am!) and didn't get back to the hotel until about 9pm and you are walking pretty much all day and it is HOT HOT HOT in Cairo! VIP service gave us private transfer to the airport , and we were chauffered around Cairo in an air conditioned Mercedes with our personal guide. V posh! The experience in Cairo is incredible with visits to the Pyramids and Sphinx, Cairo museum and Mosque, Paparus shop and bazar, finishing off the day at about 5pm to get a 7pm flight back to Sharm. Exhausting but totally worth it. I needed a stiff drink after the 50min flight in small 50 seater plane, as Im not a good flyer at the best of times and this is no Boeing 747! BE WARNED, if you go on a Tuesday, there is chance that you will go do a pick up in Luxor and then on to Cairo, so thats an extar hour in the air there and back and I would say would add a good couple of hours on travel both ways, what with waiting around and everything. We went on a Tuesday but were lucky as we went straight to Cairo. I would suggest anyone doing this excursion, to book the Thursday trip if poss, in order to avoid this extra hassle.
All in all, this was such a great, chilled holiday. This is my first experience of both 5* accomodation and all inclusive, so maybe the bad reviews came from people who are used to so much more from these places. For me and my partner, though, it was just perfect and we were at times overwhelmed by the great facilities and service offered by the Mirabel."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

"Amazing Hotel"

"I cannot see how there is a bad review about this Hotel! Me and a girly friend went away in March this year for a week and stayed in the Club! The staff were extremly friendly and helpful, the food was great with different choice every night (to avoid the stomach bugs just stay away from the salads, we both did and were fine), the cleaners were great. A little tip, give the cleaners a small tip on the first day then they will look after your room for the rest of your stay!!

The rooms are amazing, they say they sleep 2 but there are 4 beds, the shower can fit about 6 people in!! The balcony has a table and chairs, lots of storage space, engluish channels, a fridge, comfy beds, aircon.

You can use all of the hotels but you have to eat and drink from the place you stay! The pools were great, the water slides were fantastic even for two 23 year olds!

The entertainment in the evening is not on of the strong points but its worth going for a laugh - must see "the blue show" yep its a show all about the colour blue - terrible but funny to watch!

The beach was nice and they have entertainment in the day which is good if your in to your sports! Narma bay is a taxi ride away just tell them how much you want to pay or they will con you!!

Over all the best hotel I have stayed in - ignore the bad reviews, people are just finding things to moan about!!

x"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

Stunning Staff

"I spent one week at this hotel with my partner James in May 2007; we are both in our late twenties. This hotel was only completed about nine months before our visit, so had that very new feel still.

Rooms:
Spacious with plenty of storage space
Large balcony
Bathroom with very powerful shower
In-room safe for which there is no charge
Toiletries provided
Lovely towel sculptures each day

Main restaurant Al Flooka:
Variety including omelette/eggs station at breakfast and pasta station at lunch and dinner.
Desserts fantastic!
Extremely helpful waiting staff, especially Mohamed Saeid and Mohamed Hassan

Oasis Snack Bar:
Waiting staff bring drinks to you around the pool
Serves snacks such as pizzas and burgers throughout the day - the Tuna Pizza is good!

Tarbouch Lebanese Restaurant:
The hotel lost a point as although there are three a la carte restaurants on site (at the adjoining Mirabel Beach), being Italian, Asian and Lebanese, only one visit is permitted all inclusive.
However, we were extremely pleased with the all-in meal that we enjoyed, and added a couple of hot appetisers (for £5 GBP). You must try the chicken wings, and the dips.

Mazag Lobby Bar:
Very peaceful, as is the entrance to the hotel, and looks classy. Good service.

Facilities:
Two pools, one heated, and small pool for children. There is also a waterslides area, with five separate slides. For those travelling with children, you will be pleased to know that there are a number of staff on duty here.
Animation Team offer games such as water polo. volleyball and table tennis. Aqua aerobics classes also take place.
There are a large number of shops on site, stocking anything and everything. There is even a hairdressers where James had a very good haircut and cut throat shave.

Spa:
This is between the Mirabel Park and Mirabel Beach hotels. There is a massive jacuzzi, sauna and steam room which form part of the all inclusive package. Many other services are available at a charge. I was pleased with the pedicure (£15 GBP) and the full body egyptian massage (£30 GBP) was excellent.

We travelled with Portland which is part of TUI. The rep, Fady, is an Egyptian and was a great source of knowledge. We only went on one trip. which was the Red Sea Cruise during which there are various snorkelling stops and a good quality buffet lunch. I would recommend this. The only foible regarding the tour operator is the flights - very cramped and uncomfortably hot.

I found that what set this hotel apart was the stunning service of the whole hotel team, and the rep.

Please feel free to e-mail any queries to me"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

Excellent holiday

Good

"Dont expect London or home counties standard of 5 star and you will not be disapointed. This is Egypt and the price for a week is what you would pay in an English 5 star hotel for a night.

Food changed every day although stayed on same theme with a large variety of choice. Cant imagine how many Victors could complain about no choice.

Found the Beach to be all it promised, some who were in the other cheaper sections were perhaps a little envious after choosing the cheaper option though.

Staff could not be more pleasent, plentiful or helpfull.

Thompson rep was very knowledgeable and could not have been more helpfull even when 12 yr old left his phone on a bus, they found it no problem. Great excursions, well organised, especially Cairo which was superb and the Diving with Emperor Divers was a highlight.

Very good holiday and would go back."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of April 2007

Truly fantastic!

"What can I say, this hotel is fabulous!
My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 weeks last October for his 30th birthday and was a truly amazing holiday.
We stayed in the Mirabel beach but there are 3 hotels on the complex, the other 2 were yet to be finished from what I could gather but there was no disruption from building works at all.
Our room was enormous, and the bathroom was to die for, you could've fitted about 8 people in the shower! Everything was kept spotlessly clean, you definitely can't fault the housekeeping staff.
The gardens, beach and pool areas of the hotels are fantastic, plenty of sun loungers which were nicely spaced out. They also spray every evening for bugs which really helped, only 1 mosquito bite during our entire 2 week stay!
During our stay only 2 of the hotels restaurants were open, the all inclusive buffet and the outdoor a la carte but even with only 2 restaurants we were spoilt for choice. The all inclusive buffet was fantastic with an amazing amount of choice and different themes every day...my boyfriend particularly liked the puddings! The oudoor a la carte restaurant is also very good indeed though make sure you book in advance.
There was only one bar open in the evening but it's very spacious with both indoor and outdoor seating and the staff are falling over themselves to help you, most of the time we didn't even need to get up and go to the bar, they bought the drinks out for you...ther perfect way to wind down in the evenings.

During our stay we did several excusions, all booked through our rep. The first was to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings. Though not much to look at when you first get there, basically just a great big alley in the rock, when you get in to the tombs it is utterly amazing, I would certainly recommend this but make sure you take lots of water with you as by 10am the temperatue was already in the 30's. You also get to see 2 of the temples in luxor and the guide is fantastic, very informative.
Our 2nd trip was to Cairo to see the Pyramids...wow! Until you actually stand at the base of one you don't realise how immense they actually are! We did go inside one of the pyramids, though I wouldn't recommend this for anyone suffering from claustrophobia, you have to walk down a tunnel about 3 feet high by 3 feet wide to get inside, it's very cramped and very hot! We also visited the Cairo museum which is worth a look but you don't get much time to look around. The final part of this excusion was a visit to one of the oldest covered markets in Cairo...not for the faint hearted! If you don't like being hassled then I would avoid this at all costs as the locals don't like to take no for an answer, our trip was during ramadan and because the market is next to a mosque and our visit conicided with sunest it was very crowded. The only downside of our trip to Cairo was the airport, whatever you do don't visit the toilets!
During our stay we also swam with dophins which is well worth doing and very reasonably priced, about £60 each compared to over £100 in many Caribbean resorts.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a truly relaxing 5 star holiday, we're hoping to go back again this year."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of April 2007

dont be mislead

"Just to clarify a few things so you are not misled as we were,
We thought we booked the mirabel resort 5 starr luxury foy our pearl anniversary, the mirabel complex consists of 3 hotels,the beach{also known as jazz] the park and the club,
all the photos you are shown are of the beach, so dont be suprised if you end up at the club, you can use facilities which you can at most other hotels ,
As for the club it was clean and friendly, we met some lovely people who made our holiday, my wife suffered the common tummy bug but with her it lasted 8 days, there was a meeting with the management as to why so many people were ill,
He stated it was only the british that were ill, but this affected about 50% of people, so what is wrong who knows,
There was only one bar for evenings, only seated 50 , so get there early, but there again dont bother as the entertainment left alot to be desired, it was in the flight path as most hotels were,
there was a swamp across the road in front of the hotel,wich harboured mosquitoes, not very nice , it smelt aswell,
the snorkeling was good, taxis rip you off, book private cars to go anywhere,cleaner and cheaper.
The hotel food was good, plenty of choice, snack bar ok.
pools ok and clean,
So take care the park and the club are not the beach,
Its alot like buying a new car all the adverts show top of the range but state the basic price, just like the mirabel,
Read the reveiws and make your own choice."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of April 2007

Lovely Resort

"We have just arrived back from a week at this lovely resort. There are three hotels within the resort - Mirabel Club, Mirabel Beach and Mirabel Park. The grounds are well-kept, attractive and spacious. There are a number of swimming pools (one with slides), health spa, theatre, kids club, restaurants (buffet), snack bars and lounge bars. Everywhere looks clean and new.

We stayed at the Mirabel Club which is 4* and our room was very spacious with a large bed and two single beds which were separated by curtains. The bathroom was very nice with large shower area. We also had a nice terrace with comfortable furnishings.

The staff are very smart, polite and helpful - they do not expect tips, but are always very grateful for the odd small reward.

Guests can use facilities of the whole resort but must eat and drink at their allocated hotel. There are plenty of sunbeds which are available all day (no need to reserve) both at the pool areas and the beach.

Entertainment is very low-key, we did not go to the theatre but we usually went to the lobby bar where service was efficient and drinks of good quality.

Breakfast buffet offers good choice of cereals, yoghurts, juices, bread and hot food including freshly made omelletes and pancakes. Lunch is also provided at the buffet restaurant as well as the snack bar which offers a varied menu. Evening buffet was a little repetitive but we always managed to find something to eat.

Taxis are readily available outside the hotel and journeys cost around £5 (can take up to seven people). A taxi from the airport cost us around £12 after some negotiation.

Naama Bay is a purpose-built resort bouncing with restaurants and shops selling the usual tacky gifts. Worth a visit, but nothing special. Old Sharm offers a large market - somewhere to spend an hour or two.

On the whole a very nice relaxing holiday, ideal for a weeks chill-out, but not much to see or do. Well worth the money - fully-inclusive for two persons at less than £800. Would recommend this hotel and would definitely return."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2007

Poor Quality of accomodation and evening restuarant

"How disappointed we were to find that of the three hotels we were in the least updated with a theme of "them and us regime" as with other collated hotels we could not use the other bars or restaurants unless we paid. For our evening meal we were allocated one restaurant which had seen much better days, needing an update of major proportions. Our hotel although clean enough was not a 5 or 4 Star and should not be advertised as such. Having experienced other hotels in the resort we didn't have value for money. Staff were not very informative as to what you could do as moved about a lot and were probably as confused as the rest of us Beware when booking this hotel complex as it is not clear what you will get or be able to use. Jane "

• Travel date: Thu 30th of October 2014

Most friendly and helpfulstaff ever!

"Having returned from a fantastic 9 day stay at the Jaz Mirabel Club which is also joined onto the Mirabel Park and Mirabel Beach complex. Just had to write a review as we booked this holiday for it's value for money and were absolutely terrified as to what we would find.
We needn't have worried at all. We booked through the internet so were wary anyway as we only paid £1000 for 2 adults, 1 child and an infant for all inc at the 5 star complex whereby we had been quoted £2500 from high street bookers.
Walking into reception we knew we were onto a winner. Greeted with a cocktail and the luggage taken away from you. In your room in minutes and shown to a room which was larger than the downstairs of our house comprising of wardrobe area and bathroom with walk in wet area, small twin sleeping area, and them master sleeping area with tv, seating area and leading onto terrace facing the pool. (All rooms face the pool and are only 2 stories high so you are pretty much allocated a sunbed directly outside your room which is fantastic.
Fridge in the room, handy for milk etc for the kids, tv with fairly decent channels, safe which is tamper proof.
The cleaning staff were brilliant and always made swans and elephants out of the towels. If you require anything at all you get it in minutes; they even let us use our room when we should have checked out (without the manager knowing!)
Pool staff could not have done anything more for you, and not in a smarmy way either. Everyone seemed really genuine and made a big fuss of the kids (8 month old and my son had his 3rd birthday there.)Everyone around the pool sang happy birthday to my son. The pool bar staff always made sure the kids were drinking enough and kept their hats on and it was reassuring to know there was a lifeguard there.
If you are nice enough to the staff they will bring your drinks over to your sunbeds without even ordering them(ladies; expect soft drinks!) and lay your towels out every morning. Towels are provided for you.
My husband became very friendly with Mohammed Mamoud the barman, and Mustafa the pool man, and they really made our holiday. (They work at the pool directly outside the Club reception).
The complex had a spa which we didn't use due to two maniac kids, and had some water slides. There were loads of kids play areas dotted around the site and an unobtusive mini disco everynight for them before the main entertainment (which to be fair was a little dire but it's nice to just sit and chill with a few cocktails and a little easy listening by that time of the evening).
The walk to the beach and the mini bazaar can seem a little daunting if you have mobility problems, but by the 2nd day you discover short cuts which don't involve steps!
On the beach there are a variety of activities like kite surfing, pedalos etc and camel rides and electric quad biking which was fun!
Also loads of day trips like quad biking in the desert, visiting bedouin tents, snorkelling at the coral reef, submarine expeditions, visiting the pyraminds; all kinds!

We were expecting a long boring week and were very much mistaken! Also on site there is archery, tennis courts, football pitches, kids clubs and various activities organised by the German animation team (my only grumble!), but it is all done in a completely unannoying way so you can either join in or just read a book.

The only slightly negative thing I have to say about the complex is that it can be quite confusing to differentiate between the Club, Park and Beach areas and which bit does what and where you are allowed to eat etc. Basically you can venture anywhere on these sites but can only eat for free at your pool snack bar, designated restaurant or at one area of the beach. Expect to pay everywhere else like in the a la carte restaurants etc.

However we didn't have any grumbles with the food and service provided at the buffet restaurant. You are shown where everything is on your first visit, and where to get your alcohol most importantly! I think the trick is with buffet food so as not to get sick of it is to actually make up real meals on your plate instead of trying everything which is what I usually do when I go all inclusive! None of us had dicky stomachs with the exception of one day where I think we had one too many fruit cocktails! If my 8 month old can stomach the food, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it!

Be careful buying cigarettes as you may be given Chinese fakes; go to the supermarket just down the road instead where the are only 75 Egyptian pounds (around £10) for 200. While you're there you can also visit some shops and eateries like Starbucks and Kentucky for a change!!! and shop at Diesel and Adidas.

I would also highly reccomend going at this time of year as the weather was perfect.
One last tip - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE AIRPORT! They wanted £28 for 3 packets of crisps, 3 drinks and 2 packets of sweets, so remember to go to the supermarket first.

• Travel date: Tue 19th of May 2009

Hotels near Jaz Mirabel Club

Stayed at Jaz Mirabel Club? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Jaz Mirabel Club

• Collette Lowry by Collette Lowry

"Absolutely loved it especially my two boys "

• Collette Lowry by Collette Lowry

"Desert activities as you wouldn "

• Jane H by Jane H

"To be able to visit all venues and be able to join in "

Jaz Mirabel Club is also called