Jaz Mirabel Club

Mirabel Complex, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good

Poor Quality of accomodation and evening restuarant

Reviewed Thu 30th of October 2014

"How disappointed we were to find that of the three hotels we were in the least updated with a theme of "them and us regime" as with other collated hotels we could not use the other bars or restaurants unless we paid. For our evening meal we were allocated one restaurant which had seen much better days, needing an update of major proportions. Our hotel although clean enough was not a 5 or 4 Star and should not be advertised as such. Having experienced other hotels in the resort we didn't have value for money. Staff were not very informative as to what you could do as moved about a lot and were probably as confused as the rest of us Beware when booking this hotel complex as it is not clear what you will get or be able to use. Jane "

• Travel date: Thu 30th of October 2014

Most friendly and helpfulstaff ever!

Reviewed Thu 21st of May 2009

"Having returned from a fantastic 9 day stay at the Jaz Mirabel Club which is also joined onto the Mirabel Park and Mirabel Beach complex. Just had to write a review as we booked this holiday for it's value for money and were absolutely terrified as to what we would find.
We needn't have worried at all. We booked through the internet so were wary anyway as we only paid £1000 for 2 adults, 1 child and an infant for all inc at the 5 star complex whereby we had been quoted £2500 from high street bookers.
Walking into reception we knew we were onto a winner. Greeted with a cocktail and the luggage taken away from you. In your room in minutes and shown to a room which was larger than the downstairs of our house comprising of wardrobe area and bathroom with walk in wet area, small twin sleeping area, and them master sleeping area with tv, seating area and leading onto terrace facing the pool. (All rooms face the pool and are only 2 stories high so you are pretty much allocated a sunbed directly outside your room which is fantastic.
Fridge in the room, handy for milk etc for the kids, tv with fairly decent channels, safe which is tamper proof.
The cleaning staff were brilliant and always made swans and elephants out of the towels. If you require anything at all you get it in minutes; they even let us use our room when we should have checked out (without the manager knowing!)
Pool staff could not have done anything more for you, and not in a smarmy way either. Everyone seemed really genuine and made a big fuss of the kids (8 month old and my son had his 3rd birthday there.)Everyone around the pool sang happy birthday to my son. The pool bar staff always made sure the kids were drinking enough and kept their hats on and it was reassuring to know there was a lifeguard there.
If you are nice enough to the staff they will bring your drinks over to your sunbeds without even ordering them(ladies; expect soft drinks!) and lay your towels out every morning. Towels are provided for you.
My husband became very friendly with Mohammed Mamoud the barman, and Mustafa the pool man, and they really made our holiday. (They work at the pool directly outside the Club reception).
The complex had a spa which we didn't use due to two maniac kids, and had some water slides. There were loads of kids play areas dotted around the site and an unobtusive mini disco everynight for them before the main entertainment (which to be fair was a little dire but it's nice to just sit and chill with a few cocktails and a little easy listening by that time of the evening).
The walk to the beach and the mini bazaar can seem a little daunting if you have mobility problems, but by the 2nd day you discover short cuts which don't involve steps!
On the beach there are a variety of activities like kite surfing, pedalos etc and camel rides and electric quad biking which was fun!
Also loads of day trips like quad biking in the desert, visiting bedouin tents, snorkelling at the coral reef, submarine expeditions, visiting the pyraminds; all kinds!

We were expecting a long boring week and were very much mistaken! Also on site there is archery, tennis courts, football pitches, kids clubs and various activities organised by the German animation team (my only grumble!), but it is all done in a completely unannoying way so you can either join in or just read a book.

The only slightly negative thing I have to say about the complex is that it can be quite confusing to differentiate between the Club, Park and Beach areas and which bit does what and where you are allowed to eat etc. Basically you can venture anywhere on these sites but can only eat for free at your pool snack bar, designated restaurant or at one area of the beach. Expect to pay everywhere else like in the a la carte restaurants etc.

However we didn't have any grumbles with the food and service provided at the buffet restaurant. You are shown where everything is on your first visit, and where to get your alcohol most importantly! I think the trick is with buffet food so as not to get sick of it is to actually make up real meals on your plate instead of trying everything which is what I usually do when I go all inclusive! None of us had dicky stomachs with the exception of one day where I think we had one too many fruit cocktails! If my 8 month old can stomach the food, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it!

Be careful buying cigarettes as you may be given Chinese fakes; go to the supermarket just down the road instead where the are only 75 Egyptian pounds (around £10) for 200. While you're there you can also visit some shops and eateries like Starbucks and Kentucky for a change!!! and shop at Diesel and Adidas.

I would also highly reccomend going at this time of year as the weather was perfect.
One last tip - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE AIRPORT! They wanted £28 for 3 packets of crisps, 3 drinks and 2 packets of sweets, so remember to go to the supermarket first.

• Travel date: Tue 19th of May 2009

Have returned from this hotel, two weeks...

Reviewed Tue 27th of May 2008

"Have returned from this hotel, two weeks ago and am still feeling the after effects! I am going to the doctors this week to check that I havent got anything serious.
Me and my boyfriend were ill from the second day that we got to this hotel, with severe diarrhoea, everyone else at the hotel was ill (some people were also being sick)! We got tablets from the pharmacy that cost £15 each. This did help but when the tablets ran out, which is when we were home, it came back!!
The hotel is lovely but the beach is like gravel! Not my ideal holiday, have been put off eqypt for a long time! We were glad that we were only there for a week."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of May 2008

We arrived back from Egypt on Thursday e...

Reviewed Sat 10th of May 2008

"We arrived back from Egypt on Thursday evening today is Saturday after a week at the Jaz Al Mirabel in Sharm El Shiek. My 2 year old has been suffering from the runs for the last 4 days and on return my husband has yet to get out of bed, apart from the regular mad dash he has to make to the toilet! We are waiting the results from the doctors to advise as to the diagnosis. We are gutted, as up to the point of return we were not doing too badly. The hotel is huge although the facilities are very good we were never quite sure what was happening, where or when as far as entertainment. The spa was sooooo expensive for treatments (£60.00 for a masage)that we did not bother, and the food became very mundane.....my little boy lived on pasta and chips with bread for the entire week...All inclusive is a great idea when you have kids but I am not sure that you get the quality.... Another gripe we had was that the mini bar was offered for a charge along with the A La Carte restaurants. A bottle of decent wine cost £50.00 which was crazy and as the local booze was to say the least bearly drinkable we had a very dry week.
The more I write the more dissappointed I am..... the after effects of the trip have probably put me off egypt for good...."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of May 2008

This Hotel is excellent. I never really...

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2007

"This Hotel is excellent. I never really wanted to go to Egypt but I went for my husband as he has always wanted to go there, and it really is a brilliant place. We had our two children aged 3 and 7 and they so enjoyed themselves.

The food is fantastic they don’t come much fussier than my two kids and they ate everything, there is lots of choice and there wasn’t a single evening we were disappointed.

We went to the a la carte Chinese one night which you get a set menu for free one per week and we added lots of different food to it and paid a bit extra it was so worth it, and its probably the best Chinese I have ever had.

In the daytime we mainly ate at the pool bar in the park resort as that’s where we were mostly with the kids and the food there was excellent, the kids loved the cheese and tomato pizzas and they did beautiful burgers tuna sandwiches e.t.c .

The staff was very helpful especially the bar tenders who would insist on carrying our food back to our table and playing with the kids.

I would advise that you tip in your first day or two and then you will find they run around after you they like English money so we was just giving them a pound coin or two now and then.

The water slides are superb me my husband and the kids did not get off of them we had great fun.

Evening entertainment is very low key but we met another family so was having a drink and a laugh with them also we went into naama bay a couple of evenings but we didn’t stay too long as its very hard to keep your eye on the kids as its busy and its so so hot there.

Our rooms are nicest we have ever had with a beautiful bathroom and big walk in shower a separate bit for the kids and then our room with door leading out as we had ground floor, which is a lot better with small children.

We will defiantly be going back to this resort and we would stay at the same hotel.

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

Hot

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We have recently returned from a fortnight at Mirabel Park, we were part of a party of 4 adults and 3 children under 11, the facilities for the children are really good, 5 slides, 3 pools and plenty of shops at the hotel mall to purchase inflatables for the pools. The family rooms are clean, spacious and modern with a separate bedroom for the kids, not that our child slept in there!! The food was really good, catered for the kids really well but we were careful not to eat the food which was washed in the local water. We stocked up on the free bottle water for the evenings and for brushing our teeth, some of us were ill, not sure if it was the food or the heat (stock up on Imodium) the weather was fantastic which was in the 40s no need for warmer clothes for the evenings, their just as hot!!!!! The sea is beautiful and crystal clear, great for snorkelling; the local currency used is Egyptian pound. Overall a great holiday but watch the time of year you travel out, the staff said the best time to visit is from November to April as the weather is cooler, in the 30s but if you’re a sun worshipper your be ok anytime of the year and lastly, don’t forget the mosquito spray, I forgot one night and was bitten 30 times! more fool me. …….!!! Enjoy.............."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

After booking this holiday for me and my...

Reviewed Wed 6th of June 2007

"After booking this holiday for me and my family - including a 2 and a 4 year old - I was a bit worried when I read the reviews and considered changing it. I am so glad I didn't as we had a wonderful time!

The hotel was gorgeous; the staff was very friendly and falling over themselves to help.

The rooms were spacious and well furnished and the pools were plentiful and clean.

Everything was very child/buggy suitable. There were 2 children’s pools but also a graduated pool so the kids could come a go quite easily while we looked on.

The Thomson day trips were great and not expensive and Sharm itself was great. We will definitely be going back!"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of June 2007

* Fantastic!! * !! 5* No Doubt about it!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"First time in Egypt!!
Me and my boyfriend have just returned from Mirabel Resort..We stayed with the 'Club' Hotel..and i can not say a bad word about this hotel!! Ther are 3 hotels within Mirabel Resort...'Mirabel Beach'...'Mirabel Park'..and 'Mirabel Club'...you can use all the facilities in the daytime - but only eat and drink at your own hotel.

We were both over the moon when we arrived at Mirabel Resort..our cases were taken from us as soon as we hit the outside..whilst we checked in...then they were put on the back of a golf buggy (along with us) and were taken to the bottom of the stairs that lead us to our room..our cases were taken to our room..and there we were left to enjoy!!

The room was fantastic..very spacious..along with an excellent bathroom...the shower impressed me alone just by the size of it!! We left a small tip in the room each day and the maid returned his thanks with a decoration of towels on our bed..which i looked forward to seeing each day!!

The Restaurant was also Fab!!! The Staff could not do enough for us!! To be honest..it was the staff that made our holiday so easy to relax..the best hospitality i have EVER received!!
There was plenty of choice at each meal time.. there was at least 4 meat choices at dinner.. Neither of us suffered with a stomach complaint..which was of course a bonus!!

There is also a snack bar between 12pm - 5pm where you can enjoy burgers, chips etc if you fancy a change from the buffet.

There are water slides next door at 'Mirabel Park' which joins onto 'Mirabel Club'.
There is also a Disco underneath Mirabel Beach..which is quite cheesy but funny!!

Not much in the way of entertainment..so dont expect much..there was a Guitarist every other evening..a belly dancer once a week..and some other light entertainment..they take place in the Lobby Bar.. but is also a Theatre where by the Hotel Reps were performing acts each night..but didnt go to be honest...we were happy just chilling out with other English couples in the bar!!

The staff changed quite a bit within our 2 week stay..but this is because the staff tend to work 35 days straight..and then get 7-10 days off to go back to Cairo to visit their families!! They work very long shifts and are always smiling!!

Make sure you take PLENTY of insect repellant with you...and put it on every single day!!

When it came to our last day :o( our cases were left in the room...they were collected be the staff and taken to a room at the back of reception!!

All in all..we had the best holiday EVER!! The first time we had gone All Inclusive..and we would not doubt doing it again thanks to this hotel and Staff...Perfect relaxation holiday!! Justs take a look at the photo's!!!

Louise...Birmingham"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Great Hotel But

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"Just had 2 great weeks at the JAZZ. (The front part 5 star).
If you want a quiet, laid back place this was it.
If you want plenty of night life, it was pointless staying at this hotel.

We had a great time slightly spoiled by Faro's revenge.
My wife, daughter, son-in-law and myself (I never get stomach problems) all had the dreaded stomach bug for about 3 to 4 days.
The Hotel was spotlessly clean, in all ares, including the kitchens so we can only surmise it was staff hygiene ( I saw a couple of staff not use soap whilst washing their hands in the toilets, and a barman using his fingers to put slices of lemon in the drinks.

Good points..Hotel, very clean, well set out with plenty of space.
Bedrooms very good, large and quite. Best Air con system ever, with blackout curtains that allowed you to sleep in, no problem.
Pools great, beach great, sea great (but you had a long way to wade out to swim).
Staff...Excelent and as friendly as I have ever known.
Restaurants and pool bars, good, food very good, hot and plenty of choice. Drinks, not bad for an AI with local drinks included.

Bad points..As said stomach problems, with many guests ill, but to be fair we met guests from other hotels with similar.

No fresh fruit juices included. Due to few guests (time of year) one of the 2 main restaurants was closed (they said for refurbishment although we did not see any) for efficiency. This caused the no children restaurant to have to accommodate children.
In the bars unless you sat near the bar, service was a bit slow.

So all in all a good place to stay at the price. BUT not a five star more a 4 rating.

Must add...No policing of the corral reefs which are crumbling badly. When they go so will many tourists."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

I have just returned from a fantastic we...

Reviewed Fri 18th of May 2007

"I have just returned from a fantastic week in Sharm, staying in the Sol Y Mar Mirabel Beach Resort.

The resort itself is gorgeous, with three hotels in the complex - the Park, Beach and Club (we stayed in the Park). Each hotel has a few pools, a bar, a buffet restaurant and pool bar. Also on site, is a shopping centre with 24 hour supermarket as well as gift, snorkelling gear, perfume etc shops and three a la carte restaurants.

You can only use the all inclusive restaurant/bar facilities in the hotel you stay in. The beach and private jetty is a short walk through the Beach complex and I would advise anyone to invest in snorkelling gear in order to appreciate the amazing marine life there.

The buffet food in the all-inclusive restaurants is lovely, and also varied (in the week we were there they had a Chinese and a Mexican themed menu).

You can only eat free once at the a la carte restaurants, and this was reflected in the fact that those eateries were often very quiet, with people obviously opting to stay at the buffet.

I would really recommend spending the little extra and eating sometimes in the a la carte places. Particularly the traditional Egyptian one was amazing (there is also a Chinese and Italian). I had calamari and it was the best I have ever tasted, as well as the humus and lamb kofte that my partner had - to die for!

The staff at the Mirabel are fantastic. So friendly and helpful and willing to do anything to make your holiday the best it can be.

Also check out the spa, where you can use the Jacuzzi and sauna facilities for free, and pay extra for massage/facial etc treatments. True relaxation, which is what this resort is all about! If you are after a busy, raving holiday then this is not the place for you.

Head in to Naama Bay if you want bars and night clubs - Mirabel offer a shuttle service.

We did two excursions through Thomson.
The first was a Red Sea Cruise which was amazing, fantastic snorkelling opportunities, good food on board and a friendly, helpful guide that we came to expect during the whole holiday. Very good value for money (£30 for the whole day) and just a lovely, chilled day.

The 2nd trip was Cairo by Air (£170). If you do this trip, BE PREPARED, as it is a VERY long day. I would recommend anyone to spend the extra £35 and get a VIP upgrade. We got picked up at 4.45am (aaahhh! Non- VIP pick up time is 4.15am!) And didn't get back to the hotel until about 9pm and you are walking pretty much all day and it is HOT HOT HOT in Cairo! VIP service gave us private transfer to the airport , and we were chauffeured around Cairo in an air conditioned Mercedes with our personal guide. V posh!

The experience in Cairo is incredible with visits to the Pyramids and Sphinx, Cairo museum and Mosque, Papyrus shop and bazaar, finishing off the day at about 5pm to get a 7pm flight back to Sharm. Exhausting but totally worth it. I needed a stiff drink after the 50min flight in small 50 seater plane, as I’m not a good flyer at the best of times and this is no Boeing 747!

BE WARNED, if you go on a Tuesday, there is chance that you will go do a pickup in Luxor and then on to Cairo, so that’s an extra hour in the air there and back and I would say would add a good couple of hours on travel both ways, what with waiting around and everything.

All in all, this was such a great, chilled holiday. This is my first experience of both 5* accommodation and all inclusive, so maybe the bad reviews came from people who are used to so much more from these places.

For me and my partner, though, it was just perfect and we were at times overwhelmed by the great facilities and service offered by the Mirabel. This excursion, to book the Thursday trip if poss, in order to avoid this extra hassle."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of May 2007

"Amazing Hotel"

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I cannot see how there is a bad review about this Hotel! Me and a girly friend went away in March this year for a week and stayed in the Club! The staff were extremly friendly and helpful, the food was great with different choice every night (to avoid the stomach bugs just stay away from the salads, we both did and were fine), the cleaners were great. A little tip, give the cleaners a small tip on the first day then they will look after your room for the rest of your stay!!

The rooms are amazing, they say they sleep 2 but there are 4 beds, the shower can fit about 6 people in!! The balcony has a table and chairs, lots of storage space, engluish channels, a fridge, comfy beds, aircon.

You can use all of the hotels but you have to eat and drink from the place you stay! The pools were great, the water slides were fantastic even for two 23 year olds!

The entertainment in the evening is not on of the strong points but its worth going for a laugh - must see "the blue show" yep its a show all about the colour blue - terrible but funny to watch!

The beach was nice and they have entertainment in the day which is good if your in to your sports! Narma bay is a taxi ride away just tell them how much you want to pay or they will con you!!

Over all the best hotel I have stayed in - ignore the bad reviews, people are just finding things to moan about!!

x"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

Don't believe the bad reviews!

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a fantastic week in Sharm, staying in the Soly Y Mar Mirabel Beach Resort. Having booked some months ago, I was pretty worried about what to expect, as there have been more than a few bad reviews of the hotel posted on this site. However, I have to say that any problems experienced by travellers during the first few months of the resort being opened, are now no longer apparent!
The resot itself is gorgeous, with three hotels in the complex - the Park, Beach and Club (we stayed in the Park). Each hotel has a few pools, a bar, a buffet restaurant and pool bar. Also on site, is a shopping centre with 24 hour supermarket as well as gift, snorkelling gear, perfume etc shops and three a la carte restuarants.
The buffet food in the all-inclusive restaurants is lovely, and also varied (in the week we were there they had a chinese and a mexican themed menu). You can only eat free once at the a la carte restaurants, and this was reflected in the fact that those eatieries were often very quiet, with people obviously opting to stay at the buffet. I would really reccomend spending the little extra and eating sometimes in the a la carte places. Particulary the traditional Egyption one was amazing (there is also a Chinese and Italian). I had calamari and it was the best I have ever tasted, as well as the humous and lamb kofte that my partner had - to die for!
Also check out the spa, where you can use the jacuzzi and sauna facilities for free, and pay extra for massage/facial etc treatments. True relaxation, which is what this resort is all about! If you are after a busy, raving holiday then this is not the place for you. The nightlife in the resort itself is pretty quiet, with only small (fairly poor!) entertainment/cabaret crew, but they amused us none the less! Head in to Naama Bay if you want bars and night clubs - Mirbabel offer a shuttle service.
We did two excersions through Thomson.
The first was a Red Sea Cruise which was amazing, fantastic snorkelling opportunities, good food on board and a friendly, helpful guide, that we came to expect during the whole holiday. Very good value for money (£30 for the whole day) and just a lovely, chilled day.
The 2nd trip was Cairo By Air (£170). If you do this trip, BE PREPARED, as it is a VERY long day. I would reccommend anyone to spend the extra £35 and get a VIP upgrade. We got picked up at 4.45am (aaahhh! Non- VIP pick up time is 4.15am!) and didn't get back to the hotel until about 9pm and you are walking pretty much all day and it is HOT HOT HOT in Cairo! VIP service gave us private transfer to the airport , and we were chauffered around Cairo in an air conditioned Mercedes with our personal guide. V posh! The experience in Cairo is incredible with visits to the Pyramids and Sphinx, Cairo museum and Mosque, Paparus shop and bazar, finishing off the day at about 5pm to get a 7pm flight back to Sharm. Exhausting but totally worth it. I needed a stiff drink after the 50min flight in small 50 seater plane, as Im not a good flyer at the best of times and this is no Boeing 747! BE WARNED, if you go on a Tuesday, there is chance that you will go do a pick up in Luxor and then on to Cairo, so thats an extar hour in the air there and back and I would say would add a good couple of hours on travel both ways, what with waiting around and everything. We went on a Tuesday but were lucky as we went straight to Cairo. I would suggest anyone doing this excursion, to book the Thursday trip if poss, in order to avoid this extra hassle.
All in all, this was such a great, chilled holiday. This is my first experience of both 5* accomodation and all inclusive, so maybe the bad reviews came from people who are used to so much more from these places. For me and my partner, though, it was just perfect and we were at times overwhelmed by the great facilities and service offered by the Mirabel."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

Hotels near Jaz Mirabel Club

Stayed at Jaz Mirabel Club? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Jaz Mirabel Club

• Collette Lowry by Collette Lowry

"Absolutely loved it especially my two boys "

• Collette Lowry by Collette Lowry

"Desert activities as you wouldn "

• Jane H by Jane H

"To be able to visit all venues and be able to join in "

Jaz Mirabel Club is also called