Jaz Mirabel Beach

Nabq Bay, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Lovely Place Food not Child or Baby Friendly

Reviewed Wed 19th of May 2010

"We went to the Jaz on the 4 th of May for 10 days my 2 sons their wives and little boy 3 and baby 4 months my husband was in a wheelchair .
The place is beautiful everything you could want from a hotel, Rooms spacious and clean . Gardens and hotel well maintained BUT the food leaves very much to be desired Not Engish friendly Menus mostly Egyptian Food.absolutely no Menu for 3 year olds and No facilities for Bottle making or heating bottled baby food.Thank goodness I took the faithful old Travel kettle to make up the bottles evrything in the shops is dreadfully expensive £5 for a packet of Orio Biscuits £3 a can of pepsi so beware .Dreadful Beggars at the airports drive you mad if you dont tip they dont help end of story .
Pretty much the same in the hotels the more you tip the more they do .
We enjoyed the place for the pools and beach But wouldnt return to this hotel Tea making facilities would be a bonus in the rooms .To top it all I went down with stomach bug so did my son his wife and the 3 year old . medication very expensive so take plenty of Imodium and if you have a baby Plenty of Baby Milk a small tin cost £26 at the Phrmacy in the hotel complex.Newspapers £4 each 20p sun in UK Be warned about the currency converstion and check it .Dont use Credit cards in shops !!!!!.
Will not be visiting Egypt again .The Thomson Reps were fantastic at organising my husbands transport and transferes as were the air Crew Very Highly recommended I will travel with Thomson again "

• Travel date: Wed 19th of May 2010

Just got back.

Good
Reviewed Mon 12th of April 2010

"Overall very good experience in Egypt however, food repetitive and theme nights were all Egyptian food with other titles! It was a little bit of a school dinner hall with a lot of salads and plates being dropped. As with all Egyptian hotels not really a five star.

Not a good place for kids some H&S issues like tea and coffee and boiling hot water table next to kids eating area which is an accident waiting to happen. Staff were a bit overpowering to get tips and the humour was at times misplaced.

Thompson rep was excellent (Karena).

On the sea front with lovely a walk for 4 or 5 miles next to the beach. Watch out for mini quad bikes though as driven by young kids and very dangerous.

Superb that you keep all inclusive facility until you leave the hotel on day of departure."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of April 2010

Do not hesitate to book here!

Reviewed Tue 6th of April 2010

"My boyfriend and I decided to try an all inclusive holiday but could only get 2 weeks off in February together so looked for somewhere with guarenteed sunshine with no hassle.
We had the best two weeks staying at the Jaz Mirabel Beach!
The food was lovely, there was something different every night and you can never get bored! The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. Unfortunatley you get a few holiday makers who think they have the right to be disrespectful to the staff which is upsetting as they work so hard and for such long hours.
We had a brilliant housekeeper who made us a different towel sculpture everyday which we found highly entertaining.
There is a lovely shopping arcade within the hotel so you never have to leave to buy essentials like sun lotion or even if you want a midnight snack of crisps!!!
My boyfriend and I went on the quad bike excursion. This was absolutely brilliant. I had never riden a quad or motorbike before and so I was initially quite nervous. The guide was brilliant and lets you go at your own pace. As I can be a bit of a wimp I stayed at the front and kept in line with the guide. In the meantime my crazy boyfriend was trying going up and down all the sand dunes thinking that he was some kind of dirt biking wizard! For those of you who would prefer to be a passenger you can get a two person quad or a dune buggy.
Some general advice:
You will need to buy some reef shoes as the sea bed is just coral and you will cut open your feet. You can buy reef shoes at the shopping arcade within the hotel. We managed to haggle with the shopkeeper and bought a pair of ONeills for around £10, he originally asked for nearly £30!!!
A packet of cigarettes is around £1.50 so it is cheaper to buy them from the shopping arcade rather than on the aeroplane.
I would not recommend booking through one of the big tour operaters. We found this holiday on the teletext website and paid almost half the price one company were charging! Our tour operator was low cost holidays and they were fabulous.

I would definately recommend going to Egypt in February as the temperatures were between 28-32 degrees which was lovely! Especially as the week before we left the temperature at home was -8 degrees!

I would not hestiate to go to this hotel again and we are already looking to book here next year-or even this year if we can! You will have a lovely time at Jaz Mirabel."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of April 2010

Excellent

Reviewed Wed 10th of November 2010

"Have just spent week here from 22-3-10
Lovely hotel staff very friendly always ready to help food excellent, very clean,nothink is to much trouble.
Excellent gardens nd swiming pools this is the best hotel to stay in.
Well done to the Mirabel Beach"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of March 2010

Not the best

Good
Reviewed Wed 10th of November 2010

"Just returned from Jaz Mirabel Beach hotel,weather in sharm was fantastic,the people are very nice and welcoming,the food was just ok not brilliant and the buffet resturaunt (only this type included in all inclusive)was hectic at times with a variation of food types so everyone was sure of getting food to suit them. But one expects more from a supposedly top notch hotel!the Al a carte restuaurants were not really very good either and they would not have featured very well when compared to chinese,itealian back home.All inclusive did not include mini bar in the room!so what is all inclusive? all inclusive did not include decent spirits, wine and beer! Yet if you go to Mexico all inclusive in the RUI hotels means what it says regarding food and drink(take note Egypt). The rooms in this hotel were quite basic. The hotel has beautiful marbled reception and bars but once away from the communal areas it's not so great, the beach is poor the sand is more akin to grit and the hotel is simply too big,it's a route march to get from A to B. We shall not return to Jaz Mirabel. Thomson as always could not be faulted with their arrangements or their reps on site."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of March 2010

Absolutely excellent

Reviewed Tue 2nd of March 2010

"We stayed at the Jaz Mirabel between 18th feb to the 24th feb. We have children but decided to have a relaxing break and relaxing it was. We travelled with thomsons and apart from the small seats for the length of time of flight the staff were very jovial and friendly, the transfers to and from the hotel was very easy indeed. The hotel in itself from the first second blew our socks off. From the grand hotel entrance and lobby to the overall view from the balcony. We were allocated a suite with double bed, tv and excellent bathroom and a balcony which led straight onto the gardens. The room itself was very clean and the beds very comfortable. Some hotels leave you wishing you were in your own bed but this did feel like our own. The staff cleaned each day and left fantastic towel sculptures which I found a very nice touch. the time and effort taken and the politeness of the maids was very comforting. We travelled with another couple who felt the their room was also fantastic. Our room was a stone throw from the pools and main restaurants and the beach was less than 100m. Throughout some of these reviews I have taken note of those who did not enjoy the food howvever I disagree. Those who fancy chips, steak and HP sauce or a fried english every morning then yes this is not your cup of tea but for those of us who dont mind a bit of cultural change of food it was fantastic. A wide choice of food from rice, fish, salad, pasta, chicken and much more. Yhe choice of food made me want to try everything. The breakfast I enjoyed mostly but the lunch and dinner servings were fine. If you have kids there is such a wide choice for the kids to eat. We also tried the snack bars and a la carte italian restaurant and this also was fantastic. There is a stigma about the egyptian men which before we went I was very aware that this was a problem but to be honest they were all very polite. The odd occasion was a little uncomfortable but my advise would be to "keep walking"!They soon ignore you and move on!!

Being there for 1 week we were all wanting a decent tan and that is what we got. The weather was between 30 to 33 deg each day. A little breezy somedays but cooling. The pools are all very clean and the staff look after the cleanliness daily. The all inclusive option really came in to itself by just being able to pop to the bar and request any drink at any time of day and walk off without paying. Pretty strange for us Brits but trust me we got used to it!! The local beer Sakara was very tasty and the coctail Shaker was very refreshing also. As for facilities there this is not a sight seeing place but the beach snorkelling etc would keep anyone entertained. We actually did one of the excursions which was the quad expierience to the bedowin tent which was £50 per person but well worth it. From 1.30pm we were taken to the quad centre were we rode out into the middle of the desert to be met by camels. We had a short camel ride which was hilarious and from there got back on quads and rode further into the desert were we had bedowin feast,belly dancing, african dancing etc. From there we rode back in the dark. the expierence was good fun and for those who like the thought of ripping around in the sand on a qaud this is for you. I am a woman and i thought it was fantastic. My husband and his friend enjoyed evern more!!! overall well worth the money.

So overall the resort and hotel i believe was excellent. So excellent that we are to return with our children in December. Trust me I would not take my two young children somewhere i didnt think was worth it. Only one thing however its full of russians!!!!Ha! "

• Travel date: Mon 1st of March 2010

Fantastic. Best holiday ever

Reviewed Tue 16th of February 2010

"What can i say other than WOW. The hotel is very clean and the pool areas are well laid out. I've read some bad reviews about the food and would like to say that it aint england. Your not going to get pie and chips and to be honest when i go on holiday, I dont want pie and chips. There is a varied selection of food which i found to be very tasty and trust me, i'm a fussy eater. The menu does change each day and the evening menu tends to be themed i.e. asian, italian so on. I've also read some bad reviews about needing to tip, all i'm going to say is, again it aint England. Tipping is part of the egyptian culture. If you you dont want to tip then go to blackpool. The hotel complex is split into 3 hotels and your all inclusive doesnt allow the use of the bars or restaurant in the other hotels but the food and drinks served are the same anyway so your not missing out. I would recommend a trip into narma bay at least one evening. The hotel do provide a shuttle bus and this comes to around £3.80 GBP each and takes about half an hour to get there. You can book excursions through the hotel, we did quad biking in the desert, sinia by star light and the red sea cruise. I would strongly recomend the first 2 (fantastic) the red sea cruise is great but its time dependant so can feel a little rushed when snorkling. These all cost around 40 GBP each per person. The reefs just of the beach are excellent and you can swim them in your own time. The rooms are well laid out and the beds very comfatable. Tip the cleaner. Tip the towel man. Its worth it. All in all i was pleasantly surprised by all aspects of this holiday and am already looking to go back in the summer. I guess it all depends on what you want from a holiday. For me it was somewhere i could go to relax, get good weather and have the odd adventure. Tick all the boxes. LOVED IT."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of February 2010

well worth the extra

Reviewed Thu 29th of April 2010

"We stayed here in January when they had a bad storm, the last night of our holiday, and they coped fantastic with the floods and no electricity. we were taken to our rooms by buggy and everyone was looked after.
The hotel is fantastic, spotless, and the food is delish, something for every palet. The staff are as always very helpful and polite (shame can't be said about the russian's.)The entertainment staff were great as well, and put on some good shows, worth a look and laugh. The reps do a fine job and i was pleased that they did'nt pressure you into trips.

Would go back tomorrow, loved our stay."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of February 2010

1st Class

Reviewed Mon 11th of January 2010

"This was my first all inclusive and it far supassed my expectations. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. There was always somewhere to sit and enjoy the sun and the waiters were always seconds behind making sure we had a great holiday. My wife had her birthday when we were there and the staff upon seeing the cards made her a cake and sent a card to her. The food was plentifull and varied and the service excellent. Plenty to eat and drink without a care in the world.
Just waiting to book up again for this year."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of January 2010

Great holiday

Reviewed Tue 12th of January 2010

"Stayed here for 10 days in mid November 2009. Had a great time, all in all good hotel, no complaints, food good, wholesome and plentiful. Staff were very good and friendly. Will go back again, can't understand anyone who moans. Must give a big thank you to Mohammed EL-ZINY who works in the Oriental Flair Bar, he is a great credit to the hotel with his good humour and commitment to good service with nothing being too much trouble for him. Looking forward to next visit."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of December 2009

Take a Packed Lunch You Might Need it !!

Reviewed Mon 26th of October 2009

"Just returned from the Jaz Mirabel Beach complex in the early hours of this morning and thank God we are home. Its all superficial is all i can say, it looks superb and it is very clean and tidy but OMG the food is nothing short of appalling. We booked through Portland Direct and paid in excess of £1500 for the two of us for one week All Inclusive. This was a big mistake we should have booked to return to the Maldives where we had been in March of this year. Now that is exclusivity and nearly the same price.
Prior to leaving a work colleague had visited this hotel two weeks before we were due to go, his reports weren't filling me with confidence before we left. Apart from the coach driver at the airport virtually demanding a tip before putting the cases into the mini bus this was probably the only time we got hassled for tipping. Saying that, i didn't feel safe & secure enough to leave the hotel grounds for the week of our stay. Reports from other hotel guests weren't helping either as we were told of bags and wallets etc going missing on trips into the local areas.

The holiday was supposed to be All Inclusive, this is not the case. There are 5 rest two of them are included in your package. The other three are Italian, Asian & Lebanese themed. I never used any of these as we were getting mixed reviews from other guests and due to the fact that the cost was £60 per couple per night for a 3 course meal to use them. This isn't what I class as all inclusive. So we stuck to the canteens (that’s all they were) that were included. One of which wouldn’t allow men in with shorts on, although the women walked around with very little on indeed, double standards? The choice of food was atrocious, we were advised not to eat anything that wasn’t fully cooked (why would there be anything?) so i kept away from the salads for obvious reasons. The bread was very stale and dry and no-one seemed to use the cloth to hold the bread to cut it. I stayed away from the soup as we were warned to avoid any water that wasn’t bottled and couldn’t guarantee where this had come from. So this left the hot food selection. Each and every night of our stay consisted of the following Claggy white rice in a warming tray, 1 beef dish (one night it was in a creamy white leak sauce that looked disgusting), sautéed vegetables, 1 chicken dish (this had melted cheese on one occasion), mashed potato that you could have drunk through a straw, and 1 fish dish. There were two Chefs!? cooking food along the rear wall of the restaurant (sorry, Canteen!) and this sometimes consisted of deep fried small fish bites in batter or the vegetarian option of pasta with a bland tomato sauce.

The breakfast was about the only edible meal we could eat, the usual array of cereals was on offer but the integrity of the milk was just too much of a put off. So my Wife had toast and juice while i had two freshly cooked eggs with beans and some small sausages. The eggs were superb and the guy that cooked them was the nicest genuine person I spoke to all week, thanks. The pastries that were available were just recycled from the night before although the croissants from time to time were edible. The coffee/tea situation was nothing more than comical. The waiters are constantly walking around wanting to top up your cup at every possible moment. The only problem being there isn’t enough cups to go around, this is at a time when the canteen was only a quarter full. On more than one occasion I visited the coffee/tea station to find no cups, no sugar or no spoons. I was stirring my coffee with the handle of a desert spoon most of the holiday.

The lunchtime menu was just as inviting to the point where we stopped going and started using the poolside snack bars, if it weren't for the margherita pizza's on offer i'm sure my Wife would have starved.

I know i'm painting a desperately disappointing picture here but this is the worse parts of our holiday, the hotel infrastructure and cleanliness is superb but this lets itself down far too easily. I believe there are three things that need to be right to have a fantastic time and they are good hotel room etc, good weather & good food and we missed out on one of those three.

Some people will be reading this thinking "What a Victor Meldrew" etc but in a previous life i spent 5 days a week driving a car transporter around England, Scotland & Wales eating in some of the best & the worse cafes this country has to offer and i can honestly say that if this were a cafe I would never call again.

To top off the final day of our week we elected to pay to keep the room longer until our coach arrived for the transfer back to the airport, we enquired at reception as to how much this would be and was told £71 for the 6 hours we needed it, we reluctantly paid this so as we had a toilet and showers available when we needed them. Believe me after eating here all week you won’t want to be too far from the toilets. The hotel decided to turn off our room cards after we should have originally booked out so I walked the distance back to the reception to get them turned on again. This took some explaining as my receipt for the room was in the safe in the room I couldn’t get into! Cards now reactivated I walked the long distance back to the room only to find that they didn’t work, so back again i went. Cards reactivated AGAIN I went back to find the cleaner in out room cleaning it out ready for the next guests, I tried my best to explain that we had paid to keep the room until 6pm but this wasn’t working. So for the next 15 minutes we shared our room with the cleaner.

We definitely aren't snobs and normally go with the flow of what life throws at us but this is no 5 star hotel, we stayed in the Maldives at Hudhuranfushi which is only supposed to be 3 star, i think, and it blew the socks off this place.

So all i can say is from my experience do yourself a favour and book somewhere else, and if it were me that wouldn't be Egypt.

• Travel date: Sat 24th of October 2009

Jaz Mirabel Club and resort simply an awesome place to stay!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of August 2009

"Jaz Mirabel club resort attached to the Jaz Park hotel and Jaz Beach hotel on one giant resort centre is simply 100% 1st class. 4* but with the essence of a much higher class than it is rated in our opinion.
Minor issue with room when first arrived and was asked to stay in another hotel over night but the Jaz staff picked us up and our lugage via golf cart and sorted everything out the very next morning. High class of service and staff remember exactly who you are and what you first names are. Upgraded room too which was so clean and an excellent size and quality with balcony and pool views. Cleaning team perfect and even made sculptures from the towels and sheets in our room to entertain us daily!
Resort incredibly large but well staffed and very clean. Towel service provided both in your room and at the poolside. Pools guarded by lifeguards etc we thought was great.
Range of bars and snack bars to use across all 3 hotels, bank on site-HSBC, shops and restaurants all on site very good although watch your currency exchange in some of the shops as some shop keepers will try to catch you out! Beach right off your doorstep with friendly staff at beach bars and a watersports centre too. Nothing gets paid for until you leave the hotel so it is easy to rack up a bill you didn't expect so be carefull.
Security personnel present in many locations but they blend in and are friendly and chatty with you. All hotel frontages are gated and manned by police for safety.
If you are going for snorkeling, this place is the best spot, with a sunken cargo liner right off the beach and a peir to walk out to the coral reef with easy access to the water you will spend half your day every day out there! Every possible fish imaginable there including some big stuff! We swam with a turtle that passed through, dolphins reasonbly close by, sting rays and other great marine life. Take care of the lion fish as they appear friendly and interested in humans! These are the most poisonouse fish on the planet! Spikes protrude from their bodies so you know what to look out for! Sting rays, yellow with blue dots are equally as dangerous but they usually keep a reasonable distance. One tip, take water/coral shoes as you will cut your feet in the sea if not. Buy them before you go too as we had to pay nearly £30 for 1 pair, this was the only time we got ripped off as they should have been £5.00.
Private yacht trip is a must, just £50 each person per day and out on the boat for around 9 hours but you go to the marine national park of Ras Mohammed. 2 snorkleing trips and a trip to Tiran island simply awesome. Boat only holds 23 people too so is spacious.
Stargazer night in the desert with the Bedwin people is a must. We saw our solar system incredibly clear. Also saw juptier and saturn through their telescope and met and ate with the Bedwin people. Security quite heavy to protect you but don't let this put you off going. Views amazing.
Food was pretty good to us, reasonably varied and much non egyptian food so not to upset you too much. Be prepared for stomach trouble though. Most brits seemed to experience at least 1 day of bad stomach cramps and at least two thirds of a week diarreah but it doesn't really affect your holiday too much.
All in all we would happily, and intend to stay with the Jaz resort again as this all inclusive holiday was the best trip and stay anywhere we have been. Some people say the egyptians are rude and aloof, we simply don't see it, they were very friendly, hospitable and very attenetive to your needs. We would suggest you take english pound coins or American dollars to tip as they are paid very low wages but they work hard to be tipped and this is how staff know they are doing a good job for you. Tip more during your first few days, especially in the bar and you will never have to que for your drinks and often will be served before the ques (Much to the annoyance of some others that seemed to complain about everything!!) all in all, don't hesitate to go to Sharm or to this hotel group. 100% perfect."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of August 2009

Hotels near Jaz Mirabel Beach

Stayed at Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your insight.