Jaz Mirabel Beach

Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good
Good

Don't waste your hard earnt money !!! Be warned !!

Reviewed Thu 10th of July 2014

"Every aspect of this hotel behind the beautiful foyer is a complete scam !!
Food...,. Disgusting, wouldn't dish it up to my dog !
Rooms.. Tired dirty and full of Mosquito
Beach... You can't swim, you can't go on the jetty, it's never been finished in yrs.. Your harassed by Bedouin people,
The camel men and worst of all the constant daily harassment by the spa staff who don't understand the
Meaning of NO !! Or they've been told by management to never give up..
Dining.. You'll be lucky if you find clean cutlery, crockery or a real glass and don't expect a table to be laid of even asked if you would like water.
Drinks... Very poor quality, not real juice, a concentrated watered down warm drink., alcohol poor every drink tastes the same and that's even warm
Management.. Mr Ibrahim Halil.. Rude, ignorant, arrogant and has no customer relations skills and ought to be sacked !!
How this hotel has got a 5* platinum rating is beyond me... Bognor Regis Butlins is better and that's saying something..
Disgraceful !! Thomson ought to be ashamed to be a part of this miserable deceptive hotel.. Not value for money.. They want more and more off you every single day, constant tipping for nothing.. Deplorable !!"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of July 2014

Fabulous

Reviewed Wed 1st of May 2013

"Just got home and I feel I should write about this hotel, what a wonderful time myself and my partner had, clean, friendly, gorgeous food, excellent service, never once pestered to tip I even witnessed a member if staff refusing a tip saying no problem happy to help. Room was beautiful ,food an service was great.had a fear of Delhi belly an was told to steer clear of ice in drinks and salad,well I just couldn't resist, and I never had a moment of stomach ache all holiday. However I wasn't told of Mosquitos be sure to take plenty of repellent!,,, everything was wonderful and I am in the process of booking for September :) "

• Travel date: Tue 30th of April 2013

FANTASTIC HOLIDAY - HOPE TO RETURN

Reviewed Tue 5th of March 2013

"We have just returned from a 10 day holiday at the Jaz Mirabel Beach, but we think we must have stayed at a different hotel from that described by a previous contributor, or there has been a miraculous turnaround in a short space of time at the hotel. Two items on his long list we can confirm and these are the request for tips for loading luggage on coach and a small area at the end of the beach tapped off. Apart from those, we can only say that the food was of an excellent standard throughout with a varied menu considering there were 3 meals provided each day. We used the adult only restaurant and on a few occasions the pool bars, so can’t comment on the children’s restaurant.

All members of staff that we came into contact with from the top down to the gardeners and maintenance staff were always very polite and helpful. There are a few that served us on regular basis who are worthy of a special mention:
Our room attendant ‘Reda’ who looked after our room did an excellent job and his towel art was always a lovely surprise to see each morning after our return from breakfast. 3 items that required attention during our stay were fixed within the hour, namely, a curtain that came unhooked when we opened them, a light bulb that blew in the bathroom and the fridge that was not getting cold.
Our waiter ‘Saad’, who served us for the majority of our meals whom we would have a great banter with, and also ‘Waeal’ who served us on occasions. On the evening we used the Oriental Flair room and the waiters ‘Mohammed Alex’ and ‘Muktar’ really made the evenings a great success with their constant running and sliding tricks whilst carrying trays full with drinks etc. they never tired and joined in with the dancing at every opportunity. Along with the singers they really made it enjoyable evenings.

During our stay we were never expected to tip any member of staff at the hotel not even the Bell Boy and were always treated as though we were their friends. Of course at the end of our holiday we rewarded the deserving.

People reading reviews must take the majority view because there are some people that look for faults and will never be satisfied or others that just seem to attract problems. We are sure that the majority of guests using this hotel will have a superb holiday just as we have and rest assured if we visit Nabq again we will look to rebook this hotel. Room 2233 18-28 Feb 2013.

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of March 2013

A letter to Thomson........... Be WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 9th of January 2013

"I am writing to convey my utter disappointment/disgust in the so called 5T/Platinum property we were sold as a getaway in order to celebrate my wife’s 60th birthday.
From the outset it began to fail miserably, in that having landed in Egypt, my first contact with a Thomson rep, was one outside the terminal building, and muttered your buses are over there, pointing to coaches parked some 300 meters away in the relative dark. Here we were harassed in an aggressive manor for money in reference to our luggage being stowed on the coach.
Arriving now at the Jaz Mirabel Beach, we were eventually shown to our room (2285), upon entry, I was disgusted to find a roof light hanging by its wires from the ceiling, the ceiling itself very badly stained from what could be either nicotine or mould, an extractor vent taped for security, also marble worktops clearly stained, which I removed easily with a damp finger, the bathroom and shower facilities were equally dirty.
I attempted to report the safety issue surround the room light to reception, who clearly were not interested and whose attitude bordered on rudeness as well as ignorance, a manor we experienced throughout our stay, it eventually was fixed some 2 hours later.
Throughout our 10 nights at the Jaz Mirabel Beach, our concerns were raised with the numerous problems we faced in the dining area and generally throughout the resort in relation to glassware, being served wine from clearly damaged glasses, both lip of the glasses as well as the stems, add to that the glassware at times was filthy, my wife being served wine in a glass which was disgusting to say the least of which we have photographic evidence. Dinner plates not cleaned correctly, on occasion 3 attempts from a pile to find a relatively clean one, we NEVER witnessed tables being cleaned after guests had finished and reoccupied, the dining area staff, keener on exchanging coinage currency for paper and being badgered during meals to exchange. All refreshments were infact pre-poured and never chilled,

The toilet facilities at the beach bar were to be avoided at all cost, overflowing bowls, blocked urinals and all this in close proximity to the bar itself.

The pool area sunbeds were financially controlled by the “Towel” operators, these guys encouraged guest to “Tip” in order to secure premium sunbed locations for the duration, and I witnessed one family being asked to move from their beds, in order for the towel operator to secure those for a “prepaying” guest.

The suggestion of “night life” for your information ends at 2300 if not sooner, depending on how many people are willing to sit through another evening of the same people singing the same songs.
Throughout our stay at the ALL inclusive resort, one was encouraged to Tip regularly to ensure a better quality service, and those who did were clearly treated far better than others. Our own room attendant, a male, was rewarded with 100 Egyptian pound on the 2nd day after leaving a decorative towel display on the bed, clearly he expected this every time for on the second occasion he made his displeasure quite clear in his attitude overall when he was not “rewarded”, we returned to our room after breakfast and was told to “Go away” as he was about to start cleaning, I asked him, who clearly understood the English language that could he give us a few minutes to pack a few items and leave for the day, his attitude was very negative throughout and I was close to reporting this to management, needless to say our plan to “reward” when we left never came to fruition. Coffee facilities in the room was non-existent, twice I requested coffee/creamer from reception which never materialised and I gave up the cause, on one occasion being told to take a milk in a jug from the dining area to our room!
Eventually I managed to gain a meeting after numerous cancellations throughout our stay with the hotel manager Mr Ezz, both my wife and I spent time raising our issues and those noted by other guests on their behalf who had departed for the UK, from whom by now you would have had some pretty negative feedback from.
He clearly noted certain issues we raised with him, and was deeply concerned at others and did admit that he was aware and trying to resolve certain issues of note, the attitude of reception staff being reported by many others apparently and was most gracious in the fact we had taken time out of our “holiday” to meet with him and discuss, even went onto to invite us back for another visit at a far reduced cost for the problems we experienced, which was never reported directly to himself. Sadly I will not undertake that offer for we have more places to visit. I explained that I do not raise these issues to seek reward from him or the hotel, but that he has a fine product on “paper” but sadly the “team” below him have certainly let him down in what goes on either unreported or unseen. That was clearly evident the following day after our meeting, for in the dining area, when Mr Ezz and senior management, walked in for possibly an inspection and in response to our observations, the atmosphere was electric and staff clearly adopted a different attitude, on a positive note the Chef’s produced and displayed wonderful meals and were on hand to interact with customers, their attitude for me was the highlight of the entire stay here at the Jaz Mirabel beach.

I would also like to bring to your attention the disgusting behaviour we faced both inbound and outbound at Sharm El Sheikh airport, quite realise that this is possibly out of your control, but to be called a “Mother ………..” for merely asking a question in relation to exiting the airport by so called Police, not to mention sheer theft by security staff of peoples cash and valuables, which nearly led to a near riot in the departure area, which was later resolved by senior officials and thankfully goods returned and person/persons apparently arrested.

So now I turn to you, Thomson the company who sold me a 10 day holiday “Platinum 5T” at a cost of £1600, which I now sincerely regret purchasing and fell far short of what’s advertised in your brochure, almost difficult to believe that what we experienced as others did also, that this was the same hotel/holiday.

These are the main issues we experienced and certainly do NOT warrant a Platinum status.

• Attitude of Rep at Airport and lack of control
• Attitude of reception staff (Hotel management acknowledge)
• Condition of room (Hotel management acknowledge)
• Cleanliness of room (Hotel management acknowledge)
• Room beverages never replaced (despite numerous requests)
• Incurring charge for coffee in reception
• Attitude of domestic staff (Hotel management acknowledge)
• Broken and damaged glassware being served to customers.
• Filthy glassware on numerous occasions
• Filthy crockery at meal times on occasions
• Financial reward equalled better service/seating in restaurant
• Harassed during meal times by staff for currency exchange
• Pre-poured drinks, nothing was every chilled
• Having to clearly pay extra for prime sunbed locations
• Beach Bar toilets blocked and overflowing (Hotel management acknowledge)
• Sections of beach taped off and looking more like a building site
• Overall attitude by everyone it seems to constantly be pressured into financial incentive to reward prior to any service throughout.
• No rep on outbound journey and left to our own devices at airport entrance with little or no information.

I welcome the opportunity for you to investigate this matter, am sure the issues I have raised will coincide and be verified with many other complaints you will receive.

In your description………Top Properties - Platinum hotels have a tour operator rating of either 4 or 5, and have to score ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ with 90% or more of customers, we and many others clearly are in the 10% bracket.

I have always placed a Thomson holiday high on its reputation to provide a quality product, and equally recognise you cannot please everyone all the time, but surely if your company advertises a product you would at least expect some resemblance to its description, sadly on this occasion you have fallen well below the mark and happily taken financial reward for it and totally ruined a special occasion.

• Travel date: Wed 9th of January 2013

We will be back!

Reviewed Sat 12th of May 2012

"In August 2011, Me, my wife and my 13 year old daughter visited Egypt for the very first time, for a week. We booked Jaz mirabel beach hotel because it standed out on the website, but when we actually arrived there, we were amazed - the website doesn't do it justice.
When we got off our coach outside the hotel, immediatley the staff greeted us with a buggy which took us and our luggage directly to our room, we were very impressed!
Our room was lovely,but was very hot so i went down to reseption and requested them to turn the aircon up, and they did straight away.
There were a 2 main resturants with a good variety of food, which changes each night with a theme, for example Mexican, and in the breakfast is also good with a huge varitety.
Then there are 3 a la carte resturants that you have to pay extra for, but it's worth paying for. We found the lebanese resturant delightful!
During the day, we spent our day by sunbathing around the 5 pools, the pool staff look after you and if you tip them they reserve your sunbeds for you everyday without forgeting. We found the day very relaxing.
The beach is just through the bushes by the pool, and it is amazing! Never busy, the sea is warm and so is the sand. We also found the snorkling outstanding. It was an experiance that i will never forget! The Spa was also excellent, with an inclusive Sauna, Steam room and not forgetting the huge Jacuzzi, plus you can get treatments such as massages if you pay extra!
There are so many people at Jaz Mirabel Beach hotel, but it never seems over crowded, it's so spacious.
The only down side to the hotel is the lack of entertainment at night.
But as we loved it so much, we booked it again for May 2012! Can't wait to go back, see you in 12 days.

• Travel date: Sat 12th of May 2012

holiday from hell

Reviewed Tue 11th of October 2011

"Do not go to this hotel; ill put it blunt:
1. Poo in the pool everyday
2. Food old and mouldy
3. Everybody on the resort had a stomach bug (from the food)
4.adult arabs pooing in the shower by the pool
5. No entertainment in the evening & you fight over chairs with the arabs

this is far from a 4/5* hotel. Dont waste ur money!!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of September 2011

Wonderfull landscape but nothing more

Reviewed Fri 27th of May 2011

"Here is my opinion.

i m belgian and i went in couple to mirabel beach with Jetair company.
It was a discovery point in the folder.
we discovered nothing more than an other hotel in Egypt... The program of week was very poor and not include
It's different of Xperience concept Egypt of Neckermann (really better)!

No animation Jaz or Jetair.
Very relaxing week, too much.....
Nobody ask us to do sport, games, activities.... but the staff outside (diving, boat...) are always in the hotel to ask to pay excursions 4-5x/day, it's nearly harassment because they doesn't understant the word "NO".
it's not a problem for us that we are sleeping...

The food was medium... and very clean, (a positive point).
the cocktails were mediums too.. Very cheap juices colored with sugar added. just 1 once/week we have right to have really professionnals cocktails...
--> undustrial hotel who wait the cargo of his livestock...

About the beach, .... horrible...
Be sure that it's not possible to swim inside... have good shoes if you want to go.
It s just a landscape with few fish, dead corals, jellyfish.. pontoon is under construction, i don't know if it will be possible to use it in the future want the sea seems dangerous on the horizon.

About the staff... they are waiting for backshish... for each finger raised.

they are very hypocritical...
I LOVE YOUR COUNTRY..I MISS YOU.... I TELL SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOU... I M WAITING FOR BACK SHISH.. (suggest imply)
It's always the same speech. And i don't explain the behaviour of sellers in shops of mirabel.
10 shouting to us in the same time to buy.
I can't support this....

For a good duty, it's good to reward...
If you don't give money, the waiters forget your order.. or it takes more time, sometimes, they forget our smiles. It's an all inclusive hotel and i m not agree to pay more to have drink... we paid enough expensive for this.
then, they are really nonchalent for the moment, sometimes, exeption to the rule.
Wonderfull images of Mirabel in folder but there, the atmosphere is very cold...

in oriental café, Music live at night is great with a lipton the (no tipical tea)

Mirabel park; uninhabited...

The good point: THE JACUZZI... waw

Perhaps, More music next to the swimmingpool should give more animation and good mood.

i don't advice this hotel for single's travellers or hyperactifs. Right for seniors or family with wild-child for relaxing holiday.

• Travel date: Thu 26th of May 2011

7 nights in Mirabel Beach - April 2011

Reviewed Wed 27th of April 2011

"This was the second week for my family of 4 (Kids 12 & 15) as part of Cruise and stay package. I have written a seperate review for red sea magic cruise for those interested.

Summary of Jaz Mirabel stay - after exhausting 7 night cruise, we were all looking forward to week relaxing not doing much at all. pleasantly surprised on arrival by decor and quality of reception and welcome meeting. Bell boy took luggage instantly, given cocktails and taken to lunch. returned to reception for thomson brief and to recieve room keys etc. Room was huge, sumptious bed, massive shower and decent terrace (ground floor room). Food generally very nice but a little repetetive. AI package good, drinks from 0900 - midnight including many branded cocktails / kids cocktails. Hotel layout superb. only 25% full so no queues for food / bars or trouble getting sunbeds. Beach empty. Waiters and Barmen all polite and efficient.

Good points - Hotel complex is massive, well laid out and themed, buildings well styled, rooms good, Gym / Jacuzzi / sauna & steam all top class. good Water park for kids open 4 hrs a day. A la carte restuarants very good - we got 2 complimentary vouchers from Thomson welcome meeting and used the Zen Chinese and the Italian restuarant, Zen being slightly better in our view. Nice parade of shops in complex with gifts, clothes, hairdressers and supermarkets available and no real hassle from traders.

Bad points - Do not venture outside as local traders are extremely aggesive and will pressurise and chase you if you do not respond or go into their shops. As most sell identical tacky rubbish, it put us off going out on foot completely and decided to remain within the complex apart from excursions. The Hotel animation team are pretty disorganised with published events not happening at stated times or at all in some cases. Evening entertainment very traditional and low key.

Probably the best hotel complex I have ever stayed for comfort / facilities and pure class but let down by its remote location (30 mins taxi to centre) and aggresive local traders which restrict your movements considerable."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of April 2011

Definitely go back!

Reviewed Fri 16th of March 2012

"I have just got back from a week’s stay at the Jaz Mirabel Beach hotel in Sharm, a present for my partners 21st birthday.

A few bad reviews had me concerned about the quality of the food; We are both far from fussy eaters and love all inclusive hotels, even though they do tend to be the same types of foods, I always go all inclusive. I understand everyone has different expectations but I always go with an open mind with all inclusive and always find them to be well worth the money; regardless if it is pasta, chips salads etc every night.

This was definitely by far one of the best I have stayed in. A good variety of food something for everyone and for those fussy eaters a pasta station where the chef cooks up a pasta dish in front of you with your choice of sauces. A lovely variety of salads and veg every night, different joints of carved meats, rice, potatoes the list goes on- I cannot see why anyone would say the food was appalling! If you are that fussy go self-catering!

There are two main all in-restaurants 1 with children allowed and one without, great idea! Also an oriental, Italian, Asian and Lebanese restaurant onsite. We tried the Lebanese which was nice but definitely preferred the buffet in the main restaurant.
Hotel is lovely- huge! With its own private beach, gym, sauna, steam room and whirlpool. Very clean staff very helpful and friendly.
Cairo by air, pyramids (hassling was quiet overwhelming outside one of the pyramids) BUT great day museum was amazing- made the holiday!

Bearing in mind that we stayed at this hotel in march-not in high season, we did have the resort basically to ourselves which was amazing , I dont know if the quality of the food decreases in the summer as there would be a much higher demand and i would accept it gets very busy. But I cannot fault this hotel at all, best time of year to go perfect weather and staff go out of their way to bring you drinks on the sea front!

Maybe my standards are not as high as others but anyone who rates this hotel 1/10 should just give up finding a hotel to meet their standards. 10/10 in my eyes did not get ill once used anti bacterial gel every now and again and both completely fine the whole week!
Maybe luck was on my side but I would go back to this hotel and I recommend it to anyone!

• Travel date: Tue 5th of April 2011

Awful food

Reviewed Tue 30th of November 2010

"We have just come back from a week stay in Mirabel Beach and I have to say the food is pretty appauling. The same thing day in day out, of poor quality and not much flavour. The service is pretty rubbish too, you are hasseled for tips constantly and no staff is helpful.
I would not return or advise this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of November 2010

Boring and Pafos place to be...

Reviewed Fri 1st of October 2010

"Very Pafos,but totally Boring place to be.No Atmosphere.... Too big. Good arcitecture.But nothing to do.Beach is not specially good. Far Away from the Nama Bay.

• Travel date: Tue 21st of September 2010

WOW!!! What a fabulous hotel

Reviewed Wed 16th of June 2010

"I've been to Sharm three times and this was the fourth with friends and with my husband. I always stayed at 5 star hotels. I also stayed in hotels in Cairo, Hurghada, Luxour, Alexanderia (of course this is not counting USA and Europe). I am very fussy, even if I am staying at the hotel for 1 night, if it is not top, it spoils my holiday. That's why for this Jaz Mirable Hotel I say WOW, WOW, WOW.

So impressive, as soon as you enter the hotel there is a nice comfortable feeling that hits you and it makes you feel so cheerful. The simple clean style, the easy access to all hotel areas, the front desk and the staff. The staff at reception in Jaz Mirable Beach are so professional, friendly, helpful, and no matter how tired you are you cannot help smiling when you're met with their smiles and welcome. You feel that they have been waiting for your arrival. Nothing is too much trouble for them, you just ask the question and they will be more than happy to help with pleasure, almost as if they are there just for your comfort and pleasure. I know that this is how it should be in all hotels but this hotel has well exceeded the best expectations.

The walk to the room was so pleasant with gorgeous surroundings, it was so easy to find the room and when we walked in, we just knew that we should have booked for longer time. It was absolutely wonderful and cosy and clean clean clean with the biggest shower ever. The telephone directory is easy to use and when you call the person answering always will greet you with your surname.

The food in an all inclusive is gorgeous, tasty, varied. The staff are simply wonderful, professional, helpful, and just perfect in everyway. They will also go out of their way to help you with your queries even if it has nothing to do with the restaurant. Unlike in all other hotels in Egypt you do not feel that you have to tip and no one expects or accepts tip (I've had enough experience in this area in other hotels).

Even when we had a complaint about the worst snorkelling experience ever with the diving centre (Diving for fun!) which had nothing to do with the hotel as we booked it privately, still the hotel staff were more than happy to assist us with logging the complaints and pointing us on the right direction and giving us advice. Even the manager came to meet with us personally to advise us. It was so fabulous to see that everyone was there to make your stay the best.

The hotel beach is the best in Sharm for sure, it's gorgeous in everyway.

I am definitely going there again this year and every year from now on.

Thank you to all of you at Jaz Mirable Beach for making this the best experience I cannot say enough I could go on forever about this hotel"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of June 2010

Hotels near Jaz Mirabel Beach

Stayed at Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Jaz Mirabel Beach

• Henderson by Henderson

"Excellent holiday but it is in Egypt so dont expect English Manners from everyone. "

• holiday218 by holiday218

"Was really nice would return again to the same hotel "

• "I enjoyed the Italian restaurant . also the boat trip and quadbike trip into desert "

• ssclcamp by ssclcamp

"Grow a thick skin when it comes to the shopkeepers and pervy waiters!! but you "

• ssclcamp by ssclcamp

"Quadbiking in the desert and Na "

• neave by neave

"couldnt ask fior better "

• neave by neave

"the pyramids and sphinx "

• GBSportsCoaches by GBSportsCoaches

"Private Yacht trip snorkelling and Bedwin stargazer night. Truely awesome trips and a must! "

• fullyalarmed by fullyalarmed

"Rough & Unfriendly place to go "

• ponymoore by ponymoore

"Nice for a relaxed sunshine break "

• maddog2955 by maddog2955

"You never have to leave the complex "

• bren. by bren.

"just go and enjoy it, fantastic. "

• Marblejinxter by Marblejinxter

"Book it, you will love it "

• Mike Lincolnshire by Mike Lincolnshire

"Loved Sharm,weather great but this hotel not the best. "

• Jaffa by Jaffa

"Not child friendly The food leaves much to be desired "

• Finn by Finn

"DONT GO HERE WITH CHILDREN OR IF YOU ENJOY FOOD "

• Jenny by Jenny

"Beware of the food!!!! "

• hananturland by hananturland

"If you want the perfect hotel for the perfect holiday, choose Jaz Mirable Beach "

• becca by becca

"not suitable for people with walking difficulties "

• bad.hound by bad.hound

"Perfect if you want to stay in resort and enjoy weather / food / sea / drinks etc. Recommend the 8 hr Snorkeling / Skuba boat trip booked at beach - excellent value and day out. "

Jaz Mirabel Beach is also called