About Jaz Fanara Resort

• convenience store
  • tv other russia
  • adult pool

Good

Disappointed from the first minute check-in reaching with my family

Reviewed Tue 15th of October 2013

"Usually we write our opinion after we leave but loving my country Egypt , and supporting strongly the marvelous so precious nature and weather unique all over the world specially this hotel beach coral etc... I decided to write while I'm with my family having a hope that such desist routs behavior and conduct improve ....putting in mind that I'm coming to Sharm since 1990 with my family twice a year and organizing International Workshops annually since 2005 .We arrived Monday 14 October with my family . Our Room in what called Superior Room was like a hot air oven non functioning AC my daughter room no hot water when asking to have other room saying not available then we discovered availability ...the personnel in the reception has no criteria at all to be front office specially their supervisor .Food is of not that good quality and variety and no innovation. Last night closing AC in reception by midnight asking youth if they want AC to go to their Rooms?!!! In the Main Restaurant Bar Monday afternoon no Ice cubes at all....the beach Bar near the beach is very miserable only normal water not drinkable ....many many other unfortunately very bad quality ... As we don't want to ruin our holidays we agreed to accommodate ourselves enjoying the marvelous weather sea coral fish as much as we can ...I'm still available in the hotel if there is any responsible manager to discuss Dr Mounir Farag mounir.farag @aol.com
Room 4205 hope that we care about Tourism in our country "

• Travel date: Tue 15th of October 2013

Wow!

Reviewed Wed 4th of March 2009

"I was so relaxed after a wonderful stay at this hotel that I have only just now got the umph to write a review.

My husband and I spent two wonderful weeks all inclusive at this hotel at the end of Jan beginning of Feb. We found 99% percent of our experience extremely positive.

Food - this was really really good. The hotel caters for an international crowd and the food was wide and varied as a result. If you like cosmopolitan fayre then you'll love eating here. There are two restaurants where you can have breakfast and dinner and lunch is served down by the pool at the Temple Bar restuarant. Whilst we were there we saw variously sqiud, fish, steak, venison, turkey, chicken, crab etc. . . All the food seemed to be freshly cooked. Snacks in the morning are ice creams and then in the afternoon there are pizzas as well. But fear not! the only chips you'll see are at lunchtime and are only one of a huge variety and number fo hot and cold dishes on display. The local beers, wines and spirits were fair. Hubby described the lager as a "cheeky little number" and drank a lot of it! We both did not heed any advice about what not to eat and neither of us were poorly in the least from hotel food. In fact I cam away 8 pounds heavier as a result of all the delicious dishes. The only problem you'll have is choosing what to have. . .

Rooms - these are clean and serviced regularly. They could maybe do with a lick of paint in some cases but it is only cosmetic. You get what you pay for. We had airconditioning, balcony, tv etc. . . and had no complaints at all. Keep an eye out for the towels sculptures!

Staff - a wonderful bunch. They cannot do enough for you and generally tend to be very well mannered and natured. If you have children prepare for them to be the centre of attention and spoiled. The staff often are working away from their own families for weeks at a time and I guess they are missing them!

Other guests - I won't lie to you. If you can't go on holiday unless you are surrounded by your own then don't come to this hotel. There are few British guests and you will hear Russian, French, Italian and German for most of the time. We found this actually enhanced our holiday as we weren't tuning into the pointless jibbering of Brits abroad and no one was listening to our blithering either. The children were so much better behaved than when we've been on holiday in a British resort!

Grounds and location - the hotel grounds are wonderfully maintained and the gardens and a sight to behold. The smell of blooms in the evening is heavenly. There is a free bus sevice into the old market and into Naama Bay so if you get cabin fever there is an escape route. Plus in the evenings there is a pleasant walk to a market area where you can try to avoid parting with your money with the persistent shop keepers. The hotel is quiet and away from what looked like a busy resort in Naama Bay.

Beach - The hotel, like all in the area, is built on a long strip with the beach at one end. If you are at the far end you may have a walk t get to the beach. But it is a really pleasant walk. The beach has been described as small but looking at the way the hotels are laid out I think it is par for the course. We never struggled to get a sunbed. The snorkelling is out of this world. My husband and I are both divers and we couldn't see the point in paying to dive when you can walk off of the beach and swim out and see the most amazing things. The visibility is about 30 feet at least.

Overall I would so receommend this for good food, peace and quiet and snorkelling.

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of March 2009

THEFTS

Reviewed Tue 21st of October 2008

"Everything was fine. Except THEFTS. Mobile phone was stolen from the room. I was away to Cairo through the night, forgot my phone in the room. Put a sign 'do not disturb' on the door, locked it. When I came back, found the door not locked and no mob phone. So, that means anyone(from catering crew) can go into your room when you'r away, even if the 'do not disturb' sign is hanging. Administration denied theft was done by staff. After two days from neibourhood room chargers disappeared!!!! This is not coincident. I will not go there again, You cannot put all your belongings into seif."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of October 2008

Trying to play spot the cloud in Sharm i...

Reviewed Mon 24th of March 2008

"Trying to play spot the cloud in Sharm is a very boring game, 7 days and nothing but the bluest sunny skys, if you are coming from England prepare to be dazzled. My wife, a self confessed sun lounge lover, was in heaven. Amazingly even the wonderful weather came second to the sea and its coral. To walk on the hotel beach wade into the water and have shoals of brilliantly coloured fish around your legs is a sight to behold. The coral itself around the beach has had a very hard time with being stood on and looks a worn out brown, but by snorkeling a bit further out or using the hotels resident PADI scuba centre you can see both the colourful fish and coral (the dive center can also rent you an underwater camera that will use your own memory sticks).

The hotel, as other reviews state, is clean and the staff are very frendly and helpful, the food is the real let down though. I guess it must be hard for the chefs to produce massive quanties of food and keep it interesting day after day but any pretence that the resterants are any thing other than cafeterias goes after day 2. By day 5 all inclusive does not seem that good deal it did back home. The good thing about this is it forces you to eat out and Sharm & Namma Bay has some wonderfull restaurants and even street side vendors- try it, enjoy it and put your tummy in the hands of the Pharoes!!

Over all then, we will be going back to Sharm but not to the same hotel but that is because of the food and not a reflection on the facilities or staff."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of March 2008

A lovely hotel. Staff very friendly and...

Reviewed Sun 6th of January 2008

"A lovely hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very clean Lovely swimming pool complex plus its own beach with great snorkelling.

Only improvement could be to make snacks available between meals and after dinner at night. If you miss breakfast lunch or dinner, there is no food available.

We missed dinner because of a trip and had to get a taxi to a restaurant.

Reasonable shopping within walking distance -- modern and old. Courtesy transport to old Sharm as well as to more modern centre.

We would certainly choose to stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008

This is the second hotel I have stayed i...

Reviewed Fri 4th of January 2008

"This is the second hotel I have stayed in, in Sharm. We stayed at the Renaissance the year before which was a great hotel, 4/5 star 9 out of 10.

I would say the Iberotel Club Fanara is a good 3 star hotel or 6 out of 10.

We had a family suit which was quite small. 1 bedroom and reception where my daughter slept. There is only 1 chair to sit in if your child has the sofa bed. The hotel itself is pleasant enough with sauna, (massage with fee) gym, tennis courts, archery lessons, table tennis and pool/snooker and small child's play area.

It is well situated for some good snorkelling. The beach although small is good for young children as the sea gently slopes, and is shallow for children to play. It would also be good for their or your first snorkelling experience.

Good points: Clean, well situated for snorkelling and fairly good leisure facilities.

Bad points: Family suites are small, food is poor, although no sickness, all inclusive NOT, if you want certain drinks they are really expensive. A Baileys of the smallest measure was £6. Next to no night time entertainment.

Overall a pleasant enough hotel with just enough to offer, with great snorkelling, just a shame the food is so bad."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of January 2008

We stayed at this resort in November 200...

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2007

"We stayed at this resort in November 2007 for 7 days after having a wonderful 7 days cruise down the Red Sea of which was brill.

The hotel complex was clean and the food was okay. The hotel reception staff where so ignorant.

I think the best thing about this hotel was having its own beach and being able to snorkel safe."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of December 2007

For a change, "all inclusive" meant exac...

Reviewed Tue 31st of July 2007

"For a change, "all inclusive" meant exactly that. To the petty minded and profiteering Spanish and Turkish tour operators out there, read on and weep. You may not see us again.

Air conditioning, a fridge, bottles of water, beach towels, a safe, daily bedding changes, Sakara beer of reasonable quality (keep your 2% Cruzcampo). sufficient sun beds and decent sized pools, a kettle, tea bags and coffee are all there and cost not a penny extra. A free shuttle bus into old Sharm (or onto Naama bay) or a cup of milk to take away to make a drink in your room? No problem.
The only thing we ever paid extra for was freshly squeezed there-and-then orange juice for breakfast at a £1 a glassful.

Food at the hotel is great once you find your way around. Bar and Restaurant Staff are excellent. The hill (we called it Heartbreak Hill) down to the beach would severely inhibit disabled access and we took some old sandals to wear having been warned that the beach is very coarse and gritty.

Take a snorkel and enjoy the reef with respect some 50 metres off the beach. Drinks are served in plastic glasses at the pool restaurant. Do yourself a favour, decline and enjoy a proper glass in the air conditioned bar next to reception.

We took Imodium out there with us as recommended by a fellow reviewer. However, a second bout of upset in our second week required a course of local streptococcus and antiseptic tablets to settle things down. These we got from a local pharmacy for around £15 which is comparable to UK prices.

If you have a massage at the hotel, ensure that the bill is completed and that you sign for what you want. This will avoid a shock at checking out.

Take a trip out on the glass bottom boat in Naama if you want to see some deeper and unspoilt reefs. Take your towel and snorkel along as you may get a chance to swim off the boat. Around town, local market traders zoom in on those with fair skin as its obvious those have only just arrived. Just politely say "low-shock-ran" (no thank you) if you are not interested but you will still get hassled to a degree.

We took the one day trip to Luxor by air. Recommend that you do some light reading up of Egyptian History before you go. The Temples and Tombs were awe inspiring.

Have some small denomination notes with you if you wish to take photos. Temperatures in July were in the mid 40s so we took plenty of water and some good but cool walking shoes.

The Tour included lengthy visits to a papyrus factory and pottery which must have been owned by friends of the Guide and we could have done without. Lunch was a 2 hour affair at a Luxor Iberhotel. Recommend that you take a towel and swimwear along for the pool. We didn't and they wanted to charge us £10 despite being bona fide guests of their sister hotel which we declined on principle.

Not many Brits at the hotel whilst we were there, mainly French (who seemed to prefer the laid back and quieter aspects of the hotel) and the Russians (who seemed to be on a mission to consume all the vodka in Egypt within a week).

All in all, a holiday we would recommend to just about anyone. I'd like to think that we'd go back one day. I just hope they don't start the penny pinching malarkey I mentioned at the beginning.

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

Fantastic place amazing views really ple...

Reviewed Sat 14th of July 2007

"Fantastic place amazing views really pleasant staff that cannot do enough for you.

I would strongly recommend you to go if you want a great relaxing holiday where you can take things easy or get involved in all kinds of activities.

Ideal for that who are finished with partying holidays but still like to have a great time and at the same time is great for all ages as it caters for everyone from a kids club to a small night club and even areas where you can sit quietly and watch the sun go down.

Nice food plenty to choose from although repeated sometimes but then this can be expected when catering for the masses. Sometimes the food wasn’t fresh when I visited late into the dining session but I explained this to the catering staff and they cooked me some more.

3 great restaurants one inside which has fantastic air conditioning and the bars with them made it ideal for wining and dining.

The coral reefs just off from its private beach make it enough for the hotel to win you over and chose it from others.

I have been to Iberostar Club Fanara & Residence for the last 2 years and have recently booked my return for this September.

What more can I say."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2007

I stayed here with 3 girl-friends and we...

Reviewed Wed 7th of March 2007

"I stayed here with 3 girl-friends and we had a brilliant time.

Fantastic rooms opposite the top swimming pool, just a few steps in the morning to the sun beds. The cleanliness in the hotel was second to none.

The food was OK... lots of choice, and different themes in the main restaurant each evening. Staff could not do more to help.

The bar tenders were only too happy to make cocktails or whatever you wanted (and we sampled quite a lot). Reda who works in the bar in the evening was very friendly and always helpful.

If we were still in our rooms when the cleaners came around, they always came back later in the day. Restaurant staff were very pleasant and helpful.

The Disco was a fun way to end the evening - despite the cheesy slow songs for the last half hour.

We snorkelled off the private beach during the day, and Magda from the Diving Centre was lovely, and very encouraging and caring to those who were more nervous of snorkelling.

IF you have never done it before, do the free snorkelling trip in the morning - the coral and fish are amazing!

Went into Naama Bay two evenings - great fun! Drank in the Camel Bar whilst watching the Ireland vs. England match, and then moved on to the Hard Rock Cafe which was a laugh.

On another evening visited 'Old Sharm' markets which was dreadful - just hassled all the way around and in the end you didn't bother to stop or show an interest in anything because of the hassle.

Back to the hotel though...would recommend it without a doubt - will return one day."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of March 2007

Hotel Club Fanara was a lovely clean hot...

Reviewed Thu 15th of February 2007

"Hotel Club Fanara was a lovely clean hotel, beautiful grounds and pleasant rooms friendly staff.

Food - awful. Meal times were like a cattle market - if you went between 7-730. Go after that the food was cold or like slops.

Italian restaurant was just as bad. you book a table for 8.30 you are left in the bar until there is a table ready.

Bar staff come in and out every now and again- then when you go for your food, it's left over’s and the manager is most ignorant - they do not replenish food for the second sittings or late diners.

Reported things to Thomas cook, whether things have changed do not know.

Stayed at Concorde sports in July 06 food superb, staff lovely, nice quiet. Pool area, only downfall cannot go straight into the sea like Fanara.

Stayed at Renaissance Golden view year before, superb B& B but cannot enter sea from shore, only jetty.

Going to Coral Sea resort 15th March will let everyone know what that’s like. Absolutely adore Egypt so will give honest reviews."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of February 2007

Best Holiday Ever

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Arrived at the Fanara Hotel at 10.30 in the evening to welcoming and friendly staff and had this for the duration of our stay. All questions were answered and felt completely relaxed knowing we were going to have a fab time.

We were unsure how it would be as were 2 single females staying in a predominantly family / couple friendly hotel, but instead had first class treatment. Staff were unbelieveably friendly and helpful, always smiling and making conversation.

Highlights ended up being the things that would usually annoy us -Aqua gym was a must, twice a day!! Club dance at midday, can only recommend going to see how much fun it really was. You were never felt pressured in to anything and left to your own devices if didn't want to join in any activities.

Amazing choice of food throughout the day and the Gazelle Italian Restaurant was fantastic too. Food tasted great and had a wide variety. Choice of drinks was also huge and can only say positive things about this Hotel.

Entertainment was brilliant with the 'animation team' doing a first class show on Friday nights. Everybody loved being there and it showed in the standard of hospitality.

A definite 5*'s in terms of accommodation, entertainment, food and holiday. Am booking to go back again this year!!"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of August 2006

Hotels near Jaz Fanara Resort

Top traveller tips for Jaz Fanara Resort

• Mounir F by Mounir F

"Improve Quality of Reception supervised and Staff better management greatly needed "

Jaz Fanara Resort is also called