Iberotel Palace

Maya Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

paradise on earth!

"My partner and I stayed at the Iberotel Palace for 2 weeks and we loved every second of it. The staff are so fantastic and friendly we really felt like we were leaving our friends when the time came to leave. the rooms are perfect and clean the food is varied and delicious. When you leave the hotel the front faces old Sharm market, the shopkeepers will try to get you to visit their shop but are not offended if you politely refuse. The high-light of our trip was when we took the free hotel boat, driven by Aziz across the bay to the reef. Words can not explain the variety and closeness you get to the amazing fish of the red sea. We are already booking up for next year We can't wait!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!

Good

"It was my first time in Egypt and I went with an open mind to all the horror stories I'd heard but when we landed in Sharm at 6.30pm in 100 degrees got a bit worried. However this holiday turned out to be one of the best. The Iberotel is exceptionally clean, the food is good and the staff are fantastic with kids. It's in a great location across the road from sharm old town and 10 mins in a taxi from Naama bay. The beach is beautiful and uncrowded with fish of all colours. A must is the Ras Mohammad National Park for snorkelling.

would definately recommend!"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of August 2007

Beautiful hotel.

"We had a really excellent two weeks at the Iberotel Palace. The rooms were clean and there was plenty to do. The entertainment was brilliant something going on every evening and things during the day too. The food was good and varied. Me and my husband suffered a couple of days of upset tummys, not sure what this is down to as all three of our children were fine. We went to the 'Stars and Dinner ' excursion which was fantastic, although i felt it was overpriced. Nearly £150 for three children and two adults plus tips for the rep and coach driver! Overall a fantasic hotel in a good location right opposite Old Sharm. With a good combination of being on the beach and pools.Would definately stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

Sharms a charm - what a lovely place to stay.

Good

"We stayed at Iberotel Palace for 1 week and were thoroughly impressed. Yes, some of the hotel staff don't always fully understand your English and will frequently respond with "Thank you please" or "You're welcome" to any question you ask, which can be quite entertaining. Yes, there are occassional grubby/broken parts, like our fridge was a little dirty on the inside and there was a tiny leak underneath the (well used) toilet. However, none of these problems even slightly dinted our enjoyment of the location and atmosphere at the Palace. The private beach apart from being gorgrous also had a Beach Bar (for the family) or Terrazzina bar (an Ibiza style beach bar serving food and drink, with good tunes and dancing/lazing on the floating jetty for the young or young at heart). We spent most of our afternoons eating at the Terrazzina which was cheap, friendly and quick. I recommend the stuffed pigeon with a local Stella beer! The 2nd private beach (yes, 2nd beach!) was just as amasing but for different reasons. Here you will find the most amasing coral reefs I have ever seen, which is brilliant for snorkeling amongst the lovely brightly coloured fishes and other sea creatures - I even say a reef shark one day! There is a free boat (guided by Mohamed - a real nice guy) that takes you over to the 2nd beach and runs every 30 minutes except between 12noon and 2pm when it is too hot to do anything constructive - you should be eating and keeping cool anwyay! As for the resort there is plenty to do ranging from water parks to quad biking during the day or night, or just eating out / being entertained in Na'ama Bay (the lively area of Sharm). Personally I found Na'ama Bay to be too crowded and smelly, and issued more "La Shokran's" per metre here than anywhere else (it means "No Thanks" in Arabic). BE PREPARED TO BE APPROACHED EVERYWHERE. If you don't mind chatting with the locals then fine, I did sometimes, but I often found this lead onto other things, including being invited for all kinds of 'Egyptian Hospitality' which usually leads onto the hard sell. If you're not interested simply say a firm but friendly "La Shokran" and most people will appreciate the effort and leave you alone. I would certainly go back, but only for the beach, the weather and the snorkeling / diving. If you go there please respect the coral reefs and wildlife - they are a natural treasure!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

My best friend, THE LOO!!!

"When we travel we always go 5 star and have visited some excellent hotels, the food here certainly was not that!! Food was very repetitive with rice and vegetables being a favourite. The hotel was full of foreign people with very little British for the first part of our week. On the second day I was very ill with stomach cramps and ended up in bed, the following day my boyfriend was the same. Lets just say we were fighting over the toilet!!!! Seemingly a lot of people experienced this same, probably something to do with the fact it was nearly 50 degrees at times. However overall this really spoilt our stay, although lucky really we were unable to eat the food on offer due to it coming straight out the other end. Rooms were fine as were staff, although it was obvious they favoured those who tipped them regularly. The weighing scales in the bathroom were good to see we had both lost approx 8lb each!!! Not bad when you go on hol to over indulge. I would not return to this hotel.

People who have visited previously may disagree however seemingly those who had returned had said it had gone down hill!!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

Iberotel Palace - fantastic! Definately recommended

"We have just returned from a week at the Iberotel Palace, Sharm El Sheik. Fabulous hotel! We stayed all inclusive in a standard room, however still has a sea view from the balcony out across the bay.
The hotel itself is great - it's not too big that you feel lost in it, small enough for the hotel staff to recognise you and know your name yet enough people to talk too. The staff are really friendly and will do anything for you if you ask. The bar staff in the Borsalino pub are great - one tip we received beforehand is to tip them a couple of quid and sure enough, your drinks keep on coming even wihen the bar is really busy.
Hotel has 2 beaches - one main one and the smaller one reached by boat, that runs every 20 mins except 12.30 to 2.30. We didn't go to this second beach but apparently it's great for snokelling.
All inclusive definately worth it for us - food was varied and really tasty. And even if we went to the restaurant 15 mins before closing there was always plenty of choice and it was freshly made. It hadn't been sat there all night - the chefs regularly changed it. Definately better than some all inclusives we've stayed at before. Only grip would be the limited choice of menu at the beach bar - only 4 choices per day as we couldn't choose from the a la carte menu. Did mean we went up to the main restaurant a couple of times, but you do need to dress slightly for this. In that no swimwear, but shorts, vests and flip-flops are ok so it wasn't too bad.
Choice of drinks - beer, wine, cocktails - was great and as amde locally included on the all inclusive. Water and soft drinks always available and ice cream! We never had a drink we paid for during the entire week.
Location of hotel is excellent - old town right across the road with shops, bars and restarants and Naama Bay is 10 mins away by taxi (which cost £3.00 each way, although agree price before you get in!)
Naama Bay is touristy - KFC, MacDonalds, Hard Rock Cafe, nothing of Egypt - but a decent night out with bars and restaurants. We didn't go during the day as there isn't supposed to be a lot to do but after 6 it was great.
All in all a great hotel. Would definately recommend to others whatever you want to do - chill by the beach for a week or go out on trips. One of the best we've stayed in whether on all inclusive or not."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Staff were great! Rooms were excellent! Food was excellent, loads of choice, and loads of show cooking. Al a Carte was great, enjoyed it twice, both times for free, we were AI. My only gripe about the food was beach bar/restuarant, food was excellent, but AI guests could only choose from a limited menu & at set times, you were expected to use the main restuarant, that was fine if you wanted to get changed out of swimming gear and into acceptable clothing to eat in the restuarant. So as we prefered to stay at the beach all day, hubby usually found a snack to suit, I'm fussy so most lunches for me were fresh fruit! Swimming pool were lovely, often warm, as was the sea, 26 degree's, if you want to a cooling dip try the indoor swimming pool, in a word FREEZING, but a treat all the same. If you go AI you get a 30 minute massage included, pay for another 30 minutes £13, and you get a full body massage, found this amazing!!!!!!! Loved getting fresh beach towel everyday, and there were more than enough beds to accomodate everyone at the hotels private beach and the pools. The short trip on the hotels boat over to the coral reef was a great way to end the day, snorkelling their was great, but you had to watch out for the submarine!!!!! Enjoyed the pub bar in the evenings, bar staff were excellent, and so nice. Entertainment was varied, suiting most tastes.
Did a few trips Red Sea cruise & snorkelling, enjoyed the cruise but found snorkelling a bit rough, we saw more fish & got closer to them at the coral reef back at the hotel. Stars and Dinner, enjoyed this, never seen as many stars, and using the telescopes was amazing. Best trip was the Quads, going into the desert as the sun was going down, great, spooky returning to base in the dark, hundreds of quad head lights and lots of dust, very enjoyable. Guides are great on all the trips.
This was our first time to Egypt, a little apprehensive about going, but so glad we did, have to say its the best holiday we've had. We'll be back!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of April 2007

A safe bet with good accomodation and surroundings..

"We returned from a week at the Palace on the 5th April 2007. The hotel was excellent, we chose bed and breakfast rather than all inclusive. We do not regret this as there are ample good quality restaurants nearby in Old Sharm. The beach is as good as you can get in the area, the extra is the access to Coral Beach by foot or by the use of the boat with Mr Aziz. The reef here is excellent and this became a daily ritual, especially at high tide. We went on a trip to Ras Mohammed to snorkel but found the local reef better and more interesting. The prices for beer were about £2.50 a bottle but they could be bought in the town for as little as 60 pence. All rooms had a fridge so we kept it well stocked locally and spent our later part of the evening on the balcony enjoying the location. The breakfasts were very good and we were told by others on all inclusive that the food in the evening restaurants was impressive. The rooms are large and spacious, Our daughter aged 12 years seemed to very much enjoy the pools, the sea, the snorkelling and everything connected to the hotel and area. Sun beds on the beach had to be reserved bright and early or you had no chance. This was not a major irritant as it was quiet.
The staff were pleasant, informed and helpful. The hotel had constant police and hotel security at the entrance but this was not oppressive and we found everyone to be friendly when spoken to. As it has only 200 + rooms it is not so big that you get lost in the place. There was plenty to do within the hotel and so very convenient to the town itself. We had a very enjoyable week at the Iberostar Palace and would have no hesitation in staying again. The atmosphere at this end of Sharm was far more relaxed than the Namma Bay area and the people there were not on your back at all times when you were doing some light browsing in the shops."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

A Fabulous Hotel

"Just returned from a week at this hotel and it was a really relaxing experience. We stayed AI and the food was first class, something for everyone. The rooms are spacious and cleaned to within an inch of their lives.

The staff at this hotel deserve a special mention, everyone is so friendly, even the gardeners!

The only down side I would say was the entertainment, I know it was the week before Easter but it was quiet and we were a bit at a loose end in the evenings.

All in all a fabulous hotel with fabulous staff."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of March 2007

Muscalis review

"Well were do i start this is are second time in this hotel first in summer then again for xmas & new year which was fantastic, and going again in 2 weeks time, would not stay any where else in eygpt.

The hotel is 5 star from start to finish, As soon as you walk through the hotel door your holiday starts everything is done for you we were all inclucive which includes 30 min massage also your laundry it was collected on a morning at brought back in the evening. we were so chilled out it took us 3 days before we went out the hotel door.

The staff & management were just fantastic you arrive as a guest and leave as a friend & were made so welcome when we went back again.

Can not wait to get back again.

Marion & Tony From uk (living in Germany)"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of March 2007

Very Disappointed

"I arrived at your hotel yesterday 08//11//6 and I'm staying 6 nights. I was on my way to dinner last night when a certain young lady at the door of the diner told me that I was not allowed in shorts. I had shorts that were as long enough to get to the top of my knee. I went back to my room to change into long pants and when I came back I saw women on the inside of the diner in denim cut off shorts which were so short you could see their butt. When I approached the lady at the door and asked her why I had to change, but it was ok for the ladies to walk around in short shorts, she laughed at me and said that you can't tell a woman what to do. I was utterly disgusted by this kinda behavior and I left the restaurant immediately without having dinner. Needless to say, I went to bed hungry. I am so Disappointed  in my first-night stay and would definitely NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone if that's the way I'm going to be treated. I will No longer be eating there. I'd rather pay for my meals.

If it were not for my wife and friend who is also staying here, I would have left and stayed at another hotel.
No dive center. No coral reef like other hotels to snorkel. Bathroom - not up to standard, definitely Not Palace quality... and I am stuck here for 6 nights.

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2016

Awesome holiday

"We went here from 5 days last summer and the rest was amazing: great room, good food and pretty cute maid ;).
I'd like to come back as soon as possible because they were very kindly and available for EVERY type of request ;)"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2014

Hotels near Iberotel Palace

Stayed at Iberotel Palace? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Iberotel Palace

• VanPacker by VanPacker

"Snorkeling in Sharm el Maya Bay is a wonderful experience "

• Elaine D by Elaine D

"pay a bit extra for a superior room with partial sea view "

• rob C by rob C

"Stay away from the Iberotel location "

• Buktard by Buktard

"Fantasia and the Old Market "

• Heather Davies by Heather Davies

"Ros Mohammed National Park and The Sinai Desert at night "

• Wendy by Wendy

"Best hotel I have ever experienced. "

• Steve H by Steve H

"No need to go outside the hotel, they cater for all your needs. "

• daja by daja

"FRIENDLY ,CLEAN, SAFE, "

Iberotel Palace is also called