Iberotel Palace

Maya Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Very Disappointed

Reviewed Wed 30th of November 2016

"I arrived at your hotel yesterday 08//11//6 and I'm staying 6 nights. I was on my way to dinner last night when a certain young lady at the door of the diner told me that I was not allowed in shorts. I had shorts that were as long enough to get to the top of my knee. I went back to my room to change into long pants and when I came back I saw women on the inside of the diner in denim cut off shorts which were so short you could see their butt. When I approached the lady at the door and asked her why I had to change, but it was ok for the ladies to walk around in short shorts, she laughed at me and said that you can't tell a woman what to do. I was utterly disgusted by this kinda behavior and I left the restaurant immediately without having dinner. Needless to say, I went to bed hungry. I am so Disappointed  in my first-night stay and would definitely NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone if that's the way I'm going to be treated. I will No longer be eating there. I'd rather pay for my meals.

If it were not for my wife and friend who is also staying here, I would have left and stayed at another hotel.
No dive center. No coral reef like other hotels to snorkel. Bathroom - not up to standard, definitely Not Palace quality... and I am stuck here for 6 nights.

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2016

Awesome holiday

Reviewed Mon 14th of April 2014

"We went here from 5 days last summer and the rest was amazing: great room, good food and pretty cute maid ;).
I'd like to come back as soon as possible because they were very kindly and available for EVERY type of request ;)"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2014

OLD FASHIONED SERVICE

Reviewed Fri 8th of November 2013

"From the time you arrive until the minute you leave the service is first class. Rooms are very clean and well maintained. All the staff are so attentive and nothing is too much trouble for any of them. Good evening entertainment, loved the gala evening. Its true what the manager says, if you want to go anywhere or see anything in the hotel....just ask."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of November 2013

The hotel and staff exceeded my expectations

Reviewed Mon 4th of June 2012

"My partner & I stayed here in June 2012. We had a fabulous holiday - the Iberotel Palace is a beautiful hotel as it is smaller than many of the other hotels & the location is perfect if you want to get a flavour of the real Egypt as you can just walk over the road into the Old Market & the little shopping mall opposite.
The rooms are beatiful & the cleanliness & service faultless. I do not understand some of the reviews saying the rating of 4.5 stars is incorrect, the attention to detail is superb. It is on the best section of beach in the bay & the pool area is very pretty. The lower pool is shallow to cater for children but is also lovely as a dip pool just to cool off or to sit in to read.
The selection of food is extensive - I am a very fussy eater but managed fine (we went for 2 weeks & it just got a bit repetitive in the 2nd week)& the Italian a la carte restaurant in the hotel is lovely.
We went half board which was perfect for us as all inclusive would have been too much as it was so hot (up to 48 degrees) that a full meal at lunchtime would have been impossible to eat.
The beach bar was lovely & often 1 plate of food was enough for 2 to share as chips are served with everything!
The fresh mango juice is absolutely amazing.
I have only given it 8 out of 10 as we have a couple of complaints - there is a Party Beach to the right of the hotel & they played extremely loud music most days which we found very intrusive at times (especially if you like to lie on the beach)So you need your mp3 handy. When they had 'entertainment' in the Arena the music was always far too loud for such a small space.
This hotel will be even better when it is adults only I think, & we would consider going back then.
We went to Naama Bay & did not like it. Very commercial & overly persuasive sales techniques.
If any animal lovers go, there is a pet shop directly opposite the front of the hotel where you can buy biscuits by the kilo to feed the very friendly cats that live in the hotel. The staff didn't mind at all. Thank you!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of June 2012

NOISIEST HOTEL IN SHARM

Reviewed Wed 25th of April 2012

"Arrived at The Iberotel 12th April. First Quality hotel, accommodation, food, service all excellent. But the NOISE, Techno House music, full volume from 20 huge speakers, from noon until 6pm every day from a beach bar opposite. Local hotels taking court action against the perpetrators.
All Thomsons did was apologise and move us to another hotel, ruined our holiday. £2k wasted. Will not be returning. Rob Cardy"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2012

Absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed Mon 6th of December 2010

"Just returned from a thoroughly chilled relaxed week at the Palace. Was booked on B&B basis but upgraded to all inclusive. This can be done on a daily basis rather than committing if preferred (same goes for half board). All inclusive included FREE LAUDRY SERVICE so I got all my laundry (from previous week cruise) washed & ironed then done again so I brought home Clean Clothes! My husband's trousers were dry cleaned! You can use this service as much as you wish to. The beach is private & paradise & the free speedboat shuttle to the coral reef is a fantastic service. The Reception service is unbelievably faultless, no waiting around for service & immediate responses to any requests. The food is top notch & no worries of any tummy problems. Again the waiter service is fantastic & the friendliness of the staff is outstanding. Even the old gardener gives the ladies a small posy of flowers!
My main worry before going out was when & how much to tip, but this was not a problem as you tip at the end of your stay if you volunteer to & it goes to a central pot, but we did leave a separate tip for the room valet who did a wonderful job daily & left us funny towel sculptures!
It is a fairly small hotel & offers nightly entertainment such as a singer & a 'fakir act' & it tends to 'wind down' by 10.30pm so if it's night-life that you want, this is not the hotel for you.

• Travel date: Sat 4th of December 2010

Reviewed Mon 30th of November 2009

"We booked originally b/b but decided to upgrade when we got there .The hotel was really good spotless in all areas the room we had was excellant (did want a pool view )but the charge was E30 per night ,i didn think it was worth it as still had the same sun .Indoor pool ,2outdoor pools which 1 was heated.On arrival we were welcomed from the start with soft drink warm flannel our cases were taken to room ,on seeing the room we were very suprised lovely deco huge king size bed plenty of storage space ,huge bathroom with wet room ,balcony had side sea view were given fresh basket of fruit bottle wine.There were 2 restaurants &also an al/la/carte also ,besides the pool bar /beach bar there were also 4 other bars.The location was excellant right on the beach entertainment was low key but we really wanted a weeks chill in the sun & thats what we got.The staff at the hotel from waiters ,cleaners ,bell boys,barmen ,gardeners the animation team were all polite friendly &helpful that made our stay a very nice one.We have visited sharm twice before but it was the first time at the IBEROTEL PALACE & we will be returning
and also recommend it to anyone.

• Travel date: Sat 28th of November 2009

Read This - Don't Waste Your Money!

Reviewed Wed 15th of July 2009

"We have just returned from Iberotel Palace on 12-7-09. Quite simply this is the best place myself and partner has ever stayed. My partner used to be a Thomson rep, even she remarked to the General Manager (who is around most of the time to ensure you are attended to) at the level of work from all the staff to ensure that your holiday is great.

Tips to help you decide...
Personally we booked A.I - this is the best option, food & drink is varied, good quality & plenty.
You get FREE laundry service, so no need to lug around 23kgs of suitcase! (We actually used the service - no problems)
You get FREE mini bar (non-alcoholic only) each day topped up.
You get a FREE meal in their restaurant called 'La Tosca' which was fab.
You get a FREE 30mins massage in the health club.
You get FREE Tennis (if you can stand the heat!)

Other info...
There is a PADI dive shop in the grounds. Beauty shop in the grounds. Beach Bar. Tennis courts. Table Tennis. Gym. 10mins by taxi to/from Naama Bay.

The reason we have not given them the full 10 points is…

In my opinion I was expecting the beach sand to be less man made than it was, however please don’t be put off by this. Also the Health club staff were a little too persistent in trying to get custom.

Overall – A Fantastic Holiday! BOOK NOW!

• Travel date: Tue 14th of July 2009

Well worth a visit

Reviewed Tue 16th of June 2009

"We arrived at the Iberotel at around 10.30pm and were given a welcome cocktail as we registered ... delighted to find we had been upgraded from an apartment to a suite. From the first minute we set foot in the hotel, the staff were really fantastic and helpful. The complex is right on the beach and there is a good choice of the usual beach actvities.

There are a good selection of bars and restaurants on the complex and we found the food to be varied and of a good standard. I got a bit addicted to the Egyptian spicy beef casserole and paid for my over-indulgence by suffering with an upset stomach for a couple of days. British remedies for this (such as Immodium) are useless and there is a chemist right opposite the hotel (in a modern shopping mall) who is very good at diagnosing and prescribing the correct curative tablets. Quite a few folk we met received Mosquito bites to the lower legs, so a repellent is advised.

Through the other side of the shopping mall is Sharm old town and in all the shops there are no goods carrying price labels ... everything has to be haggled for. Strangely, many of the 'Egyptian' souvenirs are mass produced in Asia so you have to shop around and examine everything to get a genuine article.

The staff in the Poolside Bar are really helpful and entertaining and again, I became addicted to the Iced Coffee recommended by Osama the barman. He has a great sense of humour and greeted us with, "Hello - I am Osama - but not Bin Laden so please don't shoot at me". He has a fantastic memory for names and room numbers and will have your drinks ready as you approach the bar then will chat endlessly about his favourite pastime of fishing in the Nile.

The rooms are spotless and are cleaned thoroughly each day (with a different 'towel sculpture' left on the beds. It's usual to leave the room stewards a daily tip of around 10 Egyptian pounds and they are very happy to get this. The massage parlour (my wife tells me) was brilliant and she felt great for days after a full massage.

A trip in the Glass Bottomed Boat or one of the Submarines is well worth taking as the aquatic life in Maya Bay is varied and plentiful. SCUBA diving and snorkeling is very popular too and the waters of the Red Sea are crystal clear, though I would advise wearing some form of beach shoes as the sand is quite rough and grainy. A free mini-bus runs into nearby Naama Bay regularly and this takes only a few minutes.

The traders and restaurant barkers in Naama can be a bit over-powering but there is certainly no aggression in their sales pitch and some of their remarks are quite hilarious. Be careful if you smoke as many of the brands are 'hookey' imports and you have to haggle for a decent price. Never pay any more than 30 to 40 Egyptian Pounds if you decide to use a taxi to Naama and agree the price with the driver before you get in.

There is also a 1 hour coach trip into the desert most nights where you are shown the night sky through the telescope of an Astronomer. This is followed by an authentic Egyptian meal with the Bedouins and this is well worth the trip. The day trip to see the Pyramids etc is very expensive at £199 per person (to fly to Cairo) and £85 to go via a 6-hour coach journey. Our opinion of how to get the best out of a 2-week holiday to Egypt would be to do the Nile cruise (Luxor, Aswan etc) the first week then spend the second week relaxing in Sharm.

Overall, the Iberotel (and our holiday) was excellent with the only downside being thumping music from an adjcent beach bar that started at around 4pm and went on until after midnight. (Our suite was closest to this bar) We are planning to return to Sharm el Sheikh later this year and would certainly chose this hotel again.

Ron & Elaine Martin

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009

SHAND REVIEW

Reviewed Mon 8th of June 2009

"this hotel is to be highly recommended,we read some reports from previous guests on line before we went, and were a bit unsure whether we had made the right decision.we just returned yesterday 02/06/2009,and feel the need to give some feedback on this hotel.it is spotless,rooms were large and airy,beautiful outlook from balcony on to the arena area.if you are up early enough you will see the lads at work cleaning and sweeping every morning 6am.this is also done during the day. they all work 12hr shifts.everyone of them so pleasant.they work ever so hard (for pathetic wages)to make the place look so good.the food was excellent,there is something for everyone you could never go hungry here.fridge in room stocked on a daily basis with cold drinks.entertainment a bit basic but still worth watching.plenty to do trip wise .we did a diving and snorkling (ALL DAY) about £95 a snorkling one (ALL DAY)£35. CAMELS AND BEDOUIN EVENING £42 .( WAS A BIT DISAPOINTED WITH THIS ONE,)UNDERSTOOD WE WERE GETTING 2HR ON CAMELS, BUT ENDED UP WITH ONLY 40MIN.AND ONCE WE GOT TO THE MEAL SITE WE WAITED WITH NOT MUCH TO DO FOR ABOUT 90MIN, TILL OTHER PEOPLE WHO CAME BY BUSES ARRIVED BEFORE WE GOT OUR MEAL. A MUST IS ONE OF THE GLASS BOTTOM BOATS ,OR A SUBMARINE TO LOOK AT THE UDERWATER SEALIFE .FANTASTIC!!. OR JUST BUY A SNORKLE AND MASK AND OF YOU GO . FANTASTIC CLEAR SEAS. MODERN SHOPING MALL JUST OUTSIDE THIS HOTEL ,AS IS THE OLD MARKET.WHERE YOU CAN BUY CHEAPLY OR JUST SIT IN ONE OF THE CAFES AND WATCH THE LOCALS DO THERE THING .A LOT OF PREVIOUS COMMENTS HAVE BEEN ABOUT HASSEL FROM THE LOCALS I have come to the decision that some people forget that when they travel abroad they are going to different cultures,AND SHOULD EXPECT THIS , AFTER ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE ONLY TRYING TO EARN A LIVING , A POLITE NO THANK YOU IS ALL YOU NEED"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of June 2009

Wonderful

Reviewed Sat 28th of February 2009

"This was our honeymoon destination and it delivered everything we could have wanted. Attentive staff, beautiful surroundings, plentiful choice of venue in which to eat and an idyllic setting. We arrived back in the UK on 23/02/09 and re booked for October 2009 on 24/02/2009 for ourselves and our children !"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of February 2009

beautiful hotel

Reviewed Tue 13th of January 2009

"We were really impressed with this hotel, staff excellent,room spacious and everywhere is really clean. Good location with plenty to do. We was on B&B and felt this was a good option as the Italian restuarant is good value and plenty of places to eat right outside the hotel. Would recommend to all ages."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of January 2009

Hotels near Iberotel Palace

Stayed at Iberotel Palace? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Iberotel Palace

• VanPacker by VanPacker

"Snorkeling in Sharm el Maya Bay is a wonderful experience "

• Elaine D by Elaine D

"pay a bit extra for a superior room with partial sea view "

• rob C by rob C

"Stay away from the Iberotel location "

• Buktard by Buktard

"Fantasia and the Old Market "

• Heather Davies by Heather Davies

"Ros Mohammed National Park and The Sinai Desert at night "

• Wendy by Wendy

"Best hotel I have ever experienced. "

• Steve H by Steve H

"No need to go outside the hotel, they cater for all your needs. "

• daja by daja

"FRIENDLY ,CLEAN, SAFE, "

Iberotel Palace is also called