Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh

• sauna
  • free airport transportation
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • paid internet
  • butler service
  • adult pool

Amazing Hotel

Reviewed Wed 1st of September 2010

"I have just got back from sharm el shike, stayed at the hyatt regancy hotel. To start we got picked up by a private taxi to the hotel.The hotel is stunning, very clean, gardens are beautiful. The hotel is right on the beach and if you get a sea view room, you get the most amzing views of the cristal clear sea! there is a bar on the beach wich has great food all day long. there are 3 main swimming pools, that are so clean and well looked after, around the pool you have pool butlers, and pool men. They will serve you food and drinks all day.
if you tip them every few days only about 20 egyptian pounds, they will be very greatful, as they do work very hard, is such heat!

all of the hotel is airconditioned and there is no additional charge for air con in your rooms, you can leave it on all day and night. hotel rooms are very clean, and cleaners come in every day, and will do a brilliant job. also if you tip them every few days, they will leave extra soaps, water ect for you.

the staff at the hotel, are excellent they will help you with i anything you need at no costs.

i did an excurshion to cairo to see the pyramids of giza. we booked the trip at the hotel with thomas cook, it cost £75 english pounds for , the 7hour coach trip there and back, a visit to the museum, boat ride down the river nile, all included buffet luch all you can eat at the hard rock cafe and a vist to the sphynx. the coach is a fully air conditioned and decent amount of room. when you go to the pyramids be aware that the local people will try and normal manage to sell you things. also the torist police, are ok, but they will try and take a take a picture of you, with your camera, be aware they will ask for money, and its best to either avoid them, or if you do have this situation just give them 20 egyptian pounds and they will be more than happy, as its best not to mess with them. cairo is very busy and hectic, there are people on the streets and live in very poor circumstances, but it is still worth the trip!

if you decide to get a taxi to Na'ama Bay, be very careful, as you may end up the wrong end of it, ask to go to the centre of naama bay. we had a bad experaince where we were lead into a perfume shop, they tried to get us to buy some perfume, and alough we said no many times, they get very insulted and it can be scary, they will be very over friendly, and ask where your from ect,just to try and befriend you. if they do not let you leave, just buy somthing. its very very cheap, it will be less hassel for you.

the hyatt has a free shuttle bus to naama bay, and the centre itself is very good and safe, theres starbucks, pizza hit,mc donalds and more well known places to eat.
if your thinking of goin snorkeling, then you can buy them very cheap and good qaulity. wear water shoes as its all coral.

water is expensive at the hotels, so go to a supermarket and you will find some, again its very very cheap.
I would recommed this holiday to couples, families and keen divers.

over all the hyatt hotel is brilliant and so is Sharm El Sheikh!

10/10

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2010

Fifth time and it's till good

Reviewed Wed 7th of January 2009

"This was our seventh visit to Sharm. When we came some years ago the streets were dust, but now, for better or worse they're paved, and the nightlife in Naama Bay is interesting, there are some very good restaurants, but don't stay in hotels in the town.
The Hyatt is a short taxi ride out of town, built like an ampitheatre overlooking the beach, with a majority of rooms having a sea view.
The restaurants are all good, except the Thai which is a little strange and expensive, however in the Souk there are five mini kitchens all cooking different food to tempt you and there is usually a floor show which is not too overpowering if you don't wish to watch.
The beach restaurant is very pleasant overlooking the sea, and serves dinner also which is very romantic.
There are three waterfall pools and a childrens slide which is supervised, and one of the pools is a quiet pool for adults, however, although we like pools and are good swimmers the beach and the snorkeling is hard to resist. About 20 yards offshore is the 'Middle Garden' reef which runs for miles in either direction, and you can patrol that reef all day long and see something different every time, which is why we have been to the Hyatt five times, and plan another trip in the Spring. If only we could find another jewel like this on the Hurghada coast to tie in with the Nile Cruise. "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of January 2009

The staff cannot do enough for you and w...

Reviewed Thu 14th of August 2008

"The staff cannot do enough for you and were excellent especially the pool boys, if you got up to put a parasol up they rushed over to do it for you and if you needed your sunbed moving slightly they would do that as well. The hotel is very nice but the only downside was that the rooms were a bit tired especially the bathroom and could do with updating. The taxi drivers are an absolute nightmare. The driving is apalling and I don't mind a bit of bartering but you almost have to row with them to take you home. Use the hotel taxis they are more expensive but much less hassle. "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

Just returned from a week long honeymoon...

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2008

"Just returned from a week long honeymoon at the Hyatt Regency in Sharm. Although we had to change rooms twice (we asked for a 'sea view' but it was obscured by trees), we were eventually very happy... mainly because you get driven by some sort of golf cart to your room which is really funky!

Staff are extremely friendly and cannot do enough to help, without pestering you. They are mostly male - men cleaning the rooms, in the restaurants, around the pool - but I never once felt that they were leering or made me uncomfortable.

The main swimming pool was fantastic and even tempted us away from the beach for most of the holiday. Waterfalls, hidden grottos, bridges, slide.... you name it ! Snorkeling in the sea was very good too!

Food was brilliant. There's the main restaurant which is air conditioned, or you can sit under the stars and watch the bellydancing at the Souk. If you're halfboard or fullboard you get special coins that you can use at any of the four kitchens (chinese, pizza, icecream, and much more). You get more coins every day. If you're bed and breakfast you can also get coins but you have to pay when you check out.
Didn't try the Thai cos it's very expensive but heard very good things about it.

There is a free spa... didn't use this but did use the complimentary showers and hairdryer on the last day. We had to book out by midday but flight wasn't until 7, so this meant we could enjoy another day swimming without having to pay to keep our room on for another day just so that we could wash and change.

Went on a trip to the old town and then to see a dolphin show. Excellent value for money. However, the low point of the holiday was Naama Bay. Don't get me wrong - if you like being talked at, pestered, grabbed and forced into shops to buy rubbish for loads of money, then you'll love this place. The best thing to do is just smile and ignore everyone. Don't feel you have to be polite and chat. They seem to take this as evidence that you want to buy something.
The cabs can be scary too. Use the hotel shuttle buses if you can, or agree a price before you get in the cab.

Have a wicked time if you choose this place but watch out for mosquitos!

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

I had never been to Egypt before and rea...

Reviewed Tue 1st of July 2008

"I had never been to Egypt before and really didn't know what to expect! So I was a little apprehensive!

I need not have been this Hotel was out of this world - everything - yes everything was first class. The staff could not do enough for us, fresh towels everyday at the pool and a very charming Pool Butler to attend to your every need!

The hotel facilities, food, pool areas, beach areas, restaurants and bars were just fantastic.

Yes it was very hot! but there was always plenty of shade and of course your beautifully air conditioned bedroom to take refuge in!

The snorkelling was superb - couldn't get enough of it!

I expected this standard of Hotel to be expensive for food and drinks (we were on a Bed & Breakfast basis - you cannot get fully inclusive at the Hyatt) but it was not! Of course you paid a little extra but nothing was unreasonably priced and I always felt that we got good value for money when we ate. The food was first class, plenty of choice, the Souk was an experience and different and the choice at breakfast was unbelievable!!

We did not venture out of the hotel for 7 days - we did not feel the need!

If you are looking for somewhere for a week's complete relaxation with first class service and facilities you could do no better as far as I am concerned!

Needless to say we will be visiting the Hyatt again in the future - hopefully very soon."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

Right ! First time to Sharm , nearly had...

Reviewed Wed 20th of February 2008

"Right ! First time to Sharm , nearly had our bags pinched at the airport by a man who claimed he was taking them to a taxi! Watch out. You dont need a visa if you are staying in Sharm region, if you do decide during your stay that you want to visit Cairo ,your travel rep will get you a visa.Transfer to the hotel by taxi fine its only about 15 minutes to the Hyatt, checked in , rooms are a good size, ors had a king size bed and a single for our daughyer. Bathrooms are modeern with a glass partition for the toilet, a seperate shower room and a bath, all toleteries are provided. The bedroom had astocked mini bar, TV with digital service three telephones and was a comfortable rom.The service in the rooms is excellent they are cleaned to a high standard, each night though there is a knock at the door, its the room cleaner,asking if everything is ok,it took me a t least 3 days to realise what theu really want is a tip! Once I had twigged this I gave him £10 egyptian.
The pool area was excellent the lazy river pool providing enough entertainment for kids of all ages, access down to the beach is via a number of steps or a tunnel, but its not a problem if you are able bodied. There is a pool bar with waiters serving food to your sunbed if required and a beach bardrinks are quite expensive , as in £2.50p for a bottle of sparkling water!
The restaurants are as follows 1 Thai ,1 Steak 1Buffet and the Souk. The souk is a bit of anovelty, on arrival at the reception each evening, you are given a cloth bag with coins in ,you then walk round choosing from various different stands whether to have seafood,or pasta or steaketc,The chef then takes some coins from you and cooks your meal,you then go back and collect it,like I wrote earlier its anovelty but soon you realise that you have come on holiday and I for one didnt want to work as awaiter!The other restaurant is a Buffet . Breakfasts are excellent, again buffet style,but everythingyou would exect is available (except any pork products )
We only left the hotel on two occassions to go into Sharm,its not the most charming of places consisting of various long rows of shops mainly selling Tat!You get mithered by shop holders to come in and look,quite honestly there isnt a lot worth buying,you are expected in the main to barter, I work on the basis of 50% of the stated asking price is a good place to start.Similarly taxi drivers expect you to barter over prices,the taxi drivers are insane,the hotel provides cars which are driven by safer drivers and they will pick you up at the right time.
We hada week at The Hyatt, the weather was superb and the hotel comfortable, the food was ok , we would go back."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of February 2008

The Hyatt Regency is one of the best hot...

Reviewed Thu 31st of January 2008

"The Hyatt Regency is one of the best hotels in Sharm El Sheikh. Service here is hard to be beaten. The hotel is entered via a long driveway from the main street in Sharm about a 15 minute drive from the airport. I arranged the airport transfer by emailing the hotel - they had someone waiting for us in arrivals.

Once at the main gate all vehicles are stopped. Security is very reassuring. Once through the main gate you are met by more security and staff who take your suitcases. After check in you (and your luggage) are taken to your room.

We had a standard sea view room - this doesnt give you a direct sea view (you pay extra for this) but it was a decent enough view nevertheless. Our room had a 6' wide bed and all rooms have fans as well as independent air conditioning.

The site is very large with pools on three levels and no shortage of sunbeds. Pool Butlers are in attendance at each pool. They are very friendly and speak excellent English. They will give you your pool towels and position the sunbed for you. I even saw one pool bulter cleaning guests sunglasses! One of the pools is reserved for adults only.

The grounds are immaculate with bouganvillia, gardenia, oleader. I dont know how they grow in the dry sandy soil but everything is beautiful. The hotel has its own private beach also immaculately clean.

Breakfast is served from 6.30am-10.30am. The outside areas of the restaurant are extremely popular so as busy times you may have to wait if you specifically want an al fresco table. There is plenty of choice, juice, cereal, fresh fruit and the usual continental fare. Additionally there are cooked dishes, scrambled egg, bacon, fried potatoes. A chef prepares fried egg, omelete and pancakes to order. There's an excellent selection of lovely bread and fresh pastries too.

The hotel has its own Thai restaurant - the food here is excellent. My only gripe was that some of the non smoking tables are simply separated from the smoking area by an open ballustade but we were moved without any fuss.

The Souk restaurant is open air and you can make your choices from five different cooking styles including Mexican, Chinese and others. Do try the local wine - I found it perfectly drinkable and far cheaper than any of the imported wines on offer.

We did venture out one day to nearby Naa'ma Bay on the hotel courtesy bus. We found it full of tourist shops and spent very little time here. We travelled with Hayes and Jarvis and didnt see a rep the whole time we were here though he did leave some excursion details and a contact number at reception for us.

All the charges in the hotel are shown in Eyptian Pounds - you can sign everything to your room and pay on departure.

Overall I think the Hyatt Regency desrves its 5* rating - the service provided cannot be faulted.

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2008

Both my fiancee and I have stayed in the...

Reviewed Fri 18th of January 2008

"Both my fiancee and I have stayed in the finest of hotels that include the Ritz Carlton, Miami. The Clarence in Dublin and various London hotels.

We wanted a winter destination but busy work commitments only allowed us to vacate for just a week. Egypt sounded perfect with under a five hour flight.

Myself being particularly piccy, I was pleasantly surprised with everything about the Hyatt. It is very clean, the staff are very professional and the decor and pool settings are wonderful.

There were no bad points except be prepared to wait a while for your food to be made if you choose to dine Al La Carte.

Also, every fixture and fitting in the hotel corridors including all the pictures hanging on the wall were not straight but to be honest that's it.

The Russians, bless them in their 80's clothing and Del Boy jewellery, were not a problem although they were found to be quite loud on the beach.

As the Hyatt is a non-all inclusive hotel, you don't get the 'all you can eat and drink' rich chav types there.

A great winter destination. The new years eve party was excellent.

Don't forget, the buffet menu is not always cheaper. I hope you enjoy your stay should you choose this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of January 2008

I went to Egypt with my partner for 14 d...

Reviewed Tue 15th of January 2008

"I went to Egypt with my partner for 14 days, it was one of the best holidays I’ve ever had.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Club room, the facilities and services offered were the best.

The entertainment and stuff were all exceptional. I did not want to come back. I would recommend this to anyone. I have nothing but good things to say about my holiday.

The hotel room and views were beautiful, the restaurants in the hotel were very delicious, but the services from the stuff members made you feel very welcomed.

I give this holiday a 10/10, more if possible..."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of January 2008

The Hyatt was amazing. We upgraded to an...

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2007

"The Hyatt was amazing. We upgraded to an executive package with half board and it was well worth it, it saved us money.

The only thing was that the hot winds in the evening really stole my appetite. Fab weather average 40 everyday. The staff were lovely and friendly, especially the pool guy. Some other guests in the hotel can be abit stuck up but the majority are fine.

Can anyone tell me what the temp is like in January, I’m going around the 10th. Will I still be able to get a tan and sunbath everyday! The temp varies so much on the websites 12 min and 24 max."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of November 2007

I went to Hyatt Regency in Sharm in Dece...

Reviewed Tue 24th of January 2006

"I went to Hyatt Regency in Sharm in December 2005. The price was quite good but those who are looking for 30 deg+ temperatures, December is not a good month to go. There was, however, enough sun to get a tan and a few hours of the day it would be really hot.

The hotel lived up to its 5-star reputation and was definitely above the other 5-star hotels, except for Four Seasons. The security was good with 2 checkpoints and no taxis were allowed near the hotel.

We were upgraded to a Sea front room, in light of our anniversary celebration and were also surprised by a complimentary cake in our room on the day. The bathroom and room were very good + clean.

The food was somehow not too much to my liking, also bearing in mind the high prices. But the beef burger in room service and cascades was really good and I had it everyday. Salads were a bit of a disappointment and the Sala Thai restaurant was quite expensive as well.

Egyptian beaches need to be improved, speaking generally if you compare them to Maldives and Malaysian beaches. We didn't go too much into the water as it was quite choppy, again the winter aspect. There isn't much to do in Sharm if you are not a diver or strong swimmer. The shopping is limited to Naama Bay and Old market but people can go to Dahab and from what I heard, it's relatively cheap as well.

The spa facilities were quite good, the massages on the expensive side. Gym was also very good. I was, however, thoroughly disappointed with their hair and beauty services. They were very pricey but did not live up to the other high standard Hyatt facilities.

The staff, I found, were excellent and couldn't seem to do enough to please us. They were very professional, clean and hospitable. Overall, I was very satisfied with my holiday and would probably go there again in a few years time."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of January 2006

Great facilities, great grounds.

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"I love this hotel. It is the second time I have stayed there, both times being in the Regency Club. We do scuba diving during the day so don't stay at the hotel or round the pools, but coming back from a day on the boat and diving, it is fantastic to go into the spa and steam room to relax! Good selection of massages on offer as well.

Regency Club is fantastic. I especially like the cocktail hour, where you can have drinks and canapes in the clubhouse. Service is excellent. The views from all the rooms is great and it is lovely to sit on the balcony while the sun sets and watch the resort lights gradually go on, it is really pretty.

The Souk restaurant is great fun. You get a bag of gold coins to pay for your dinner and there is always lots of entertainment - and lots and lots of children trying to climb onto the stage.

There were substantially more Russians there in May than in August last year, tends to be more choc full of Italians in August - they like it CALDO CALDO CALDO!"

• Travel date: Sat 18th of June 2005

Hotels near Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh

Top traveller tips for Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh

• gerryezard by gerryezard

"Dananeer restaurant for a massive fish menu - book. Pomadoro restaurant both in Naama Bay "

• snoopy123 by snoopy123

"enjoy it! its an amazing place "

Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh is also called