Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort

Good
Good

Best in sharm

Reviewed Wed 18th of February 2015

"Clean and lovely hotel at the beach , the hotel staff are brilliant , the food is great and have variety , Manar and Victorya are helpful. will come back in august."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of February 2015

Food Poisoning At the Hilton

Reviewed Tue 1st of June 2010

"We stayed here for 2 weeks Sept 11 -25th 2008. We all got sick from eating at the Wadi Resturant Buffet dinner. We found out when we returned home it was E cloi 0157 ! our 2.5 year old son had developed the disease H U S d+ ( Renal Failure )as a result of the food poisoning from the beef mince lasange.
It was the worst time of our lives! Our precious son nearly died and was an inpatient at Evelina's Children's Hospital for a whole month! He needed 2 operations, 3 weeks of Dialysis and one major blood transfusion. Unfortunitly today this has left him needing medication every day for Renal hypertension and protonuria. His kidney function has tested at only 52% and the doctors have told us that as his body grows it will put more strain on his kidneys and he will need a kidney transplant!. We are devistated - this should not happen to anybody- nobody deserves this let alone our now four year old son. He has gone through so much pain including eight related hospital admissions in the first year alone.To top it off the Hilton will not compensate our son at all and in fact this Hotel had no insurance when we stayed there. Its been one big cover up we have been lied to and mislead by very senior Hilton Management. If you wish to learn more about Bodie's terrable ordeal please visit these sites- Hilton with NO Insurance and NO heart! and NO care for its guests!.
Do not stay here!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of May 2010

Excellent holiday

Reviewed Tue 27th of January 2009

"Me and my husband have just returned from Hilton Fayrouz and I am telling you it is a wonderful hotel with fabulous staff which are very helpful nothing is to much for them to do for you. We went half board the breakfast was great and the dinners were gorgeous
particularly the desserts. The beach was to die for we went in january and it was hot enough to sunbath every day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we are definately going back there again"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of January 2009

You can trust this place

Reviewed Fri 16th of January 2009

"This place is absolutely amazing! You have no worries when you go here. Good food, very nice rooms, helpful staff, great beach, and since its in Naama Bay you can walk around all night or eat at other restaurants for a change. I stayed at a terrible hotel in Sharm, that claimed it was 5 stars and charged 5 star prices but was at best 3 stars in reality (the terrible place was called Pyramisa), so I now have a special appreciation for good hotels. Hilton Fayrouz is great! You can trust it!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

Ideal winter sun destination

Reviewed Fri 14th of November 2008

"Not long come back from a weeks holiday at this hotel and we had a lovely week. Been to many places around the world and generally stay in 4/5* hotels and the quality of customer service we received in this hotel was one of the best and given willingly not false like some places.
Hotel safe for 2 single travellers and male staff very respectfull unlike some of the locals. I think it is worth the extra to stay in the Fayrouz as it is so close to the beach rather than being over the road. This hotel is also focused more on adults which was great and not loads of childrens entertainmnet even though it was half term. Too often the pools are over run by children and the entertainment all very low key at this hotel which was exactly what we wanted. Beach is lovely we paid a supplement to have a pool view which would be good if you did have children but we were at the beach everyday.
Hotel food ok but we were just B&B - staff in restaurant were excellent.
You do get hassle in the main area of Naama bay but you just need to be sensible and not start looking if you dont want to buy. You also need to accept as a single female you are going to get hassle but wear a ring and say you are off to meet your husband.

We ate on the roof in the camel bar a few times but pre-book a table the other restaurants owned by the camel bar were also good - one called pomodara i think.
People will tell you to go to a fish restaurant in the old Sharm 'something star' dont it was realy bad and we didn't eat any of it, the same as the Italians next to us.

Lots of Russians who can take over, and Italians who pose but not as overbearing as the Russians who were just rude.

I never normally do excursions and was a bit worried when we booked to go on the boat trip but a great day out only 1500 EGP and a full day and the chance to do some great snorkeling even if the guide was a bit of a purve.

A lovely relaxing week - ideal for adults or families who do not want a traditional 'package children focused' holiday.
If you are looking at hotel try and get one on the same side of the road as the beach bit more expensive but worth it"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of November 2008

Me and my husband stayed here for our ho...

Reviewed Tue 5th of June 2007

"Me and my husband stayed here for our honeymoon and were not disappointed. The rooms were excellent, the staff very friendly and the Breakfast delicious. I would not stay anywhere else if I was to return. The private beach here is excellent and even has security guards!

I suggest B&B as there are plenty of nice places to eat in Naama Bay.

Excellent!

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

My husband and I travelled for the first...

Reviewed Mon 30th of April 2007

"My husband and I travelled for the first time to Sharm for our honeymoon.

We were immediately impressed with the service we received on arriving at the hotel, being offered cold flannels and drinks after a hot and sticky transfer from the airport.

As a couple in our twenties we were looking for a holiday which was relaxing, a bit special (being our honeymoon) and also with things going on.

We certainly found all this in Sharm and at the Fayroux hotel.

The staff were excellent and the breakfast buffet each day had too much to choose from. We ate out most nights as the restaurants in Naama bay tended to be more varied and cheaper.

The fish restaurant however is very good at the hotel.

Our room was very luxurious and we were lucky enough to have an upgrade as honeymoon couples, the staff we very efficient with cleaning, although sometimes wanted to change the towels too often!!

The beach at the Hilton seems to certainly be the biggest and best from what we have seen, although if you want a front row sun bed you need to get there early.

Make sure you take snorkels as the fish are great to swim with.

We will hopefully be visiting again this year, although will not in August as the weather is too hot (38 Celsius plus) on our trip. "

• Travel date: Mon 30th of April 2007

The Hilton Fayrouz is the best hotel in...

Reviewed Fri 19th of January 2007

"The Hilton Fayrouz is the best hotel in Naama Bay. We have stayed there many times and stayed at their sister hotel, Hilton Dreams once.

Staff cannot do enough for you; they are always there to help at all times. Breakfast is very good with a wide variety of food and the meals in Pirates Bar are also very good and excellent value.

The Fish restaurant is excellent. Rooms are very nice and some have small slash pools right outside. Beautiful gardens that are immaculate.

This hotel has the best beach in Naama Bay but can get crowded. I would not say that this hotel is particularly good for children, great! As most hotels do so much for children, they forget that there are adults who want to be child free! - been there had the T shirt and now want some peace on holiday.

People always whinge about the food and tipping when on holiday, there are a host of different restaurants in Sharm which cater for many tastes but if you want egg and chips stay at home! If you really that desperate there is a McDonalds, Pizza Hut and Kentucky fried chicken, UGH!!

As for tipping at the hotel wait until the end of the week, 25 Egyptian pounds is not a lot.

The only negative is that the hotel allows guests to put towels on sun beds on the beach and leave them there for hours, not used! Unfortunately, if you want a sun bed near the sea, at busy times, you do have to get there by 8.30am!

However the beach staff will do their best to find you a spot. There are always beds available at the pools which are very very nice."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of January 2007

wouldent go anywhere else

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"on arrival for the first time in 2004..i new it was a good choice
over the time ive spent here its been faultless .very quiet just what i was looking for..in a hotel..the staff were excllent in looking after you ..no faults in staff..100%
looking forward too my next holiday 2007..
good place for families with kids very safe for them
if i could id give fayrouze 10 star rating"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

I found this website very useful when I...

Reviewed Tue 25th of July 2006

"I found this website very useful when I was looking for hotel information, so thought I'd do my bit upon returning.

The Hilton Fayrouz far exceeded my expectations. We arrived to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, I didn't know what to expect really as we booked a very last minute holiday, booked on the Wednesday, flew on the Sunday. I must say that the airline Monarch weren't up to much outbound or inbound but we couldn't complain too much as it was a super deal! Anyway, straight away it was acknowledged that we were celebrating and we had a room upgrade, one of the front row chalets where you could see the sea through the lush gardens. The best stretch of beach belongs to the Hilton Fayrouz and with the two large pools and two smaller more private pools; you have all the cooling down facilities you need. The room was lovely, air con with control panel, we had it on all the time! Flowers on our bed most days and they sent us a huge chocolate cake with a Happy Anniversary message!
Good breakfast selection in the mornings, available until 11am, very useful if you're a late riser! All the staff were very helpful and courteous.

I would say that the Hilton resort restaurants weren't wonderful compared to the various restaurants in Naama Bay, the hotel is in a central location and only a couple of minutes and you're right where you need to be. Saying that, we didn't experience any noise at night from party goers, it was perfect.

The internet cafe was rubbish though, the speed was at a snails pace and the connection kept crashing, so Hilton should spend some money on upgrading this, I found that the Hilton Dreams Resort over the road had a better connection, there are also plenty of places in the town to get online and it's cheaper there.

Restaurants I would recommend are The Dananeer - steak, seafood etc, Dragonera - Chinese, De Franco - Italian, great pizzas, On The Deck - wonderful romantic location on the sea, food average, Hard Rock Cafe - burgers etc, was good, however, both times I ate there I had an upset tummy afterwards.

Water per large bottle varies price wise, in the hotel it cost 14EGP, right outside hotel it was 20EGP but if you walked into the town is was only 3EGP (we only found this out on our last night unfortunately)!

With Longwood we did a great snorkelling trip to Tiran Island, Star Gazing in the desert with the Bedouins was excellent and lastly; Fantazia - an evening session on a Saturday night with dinner and entertainment, to be honest, avoid this one, it was disappointing.

What else can I say...? Longwood reps in Egypt were lovely and we spent an evening with Joseph socialising, Longwood staff in the UK were not so lovely!
Tipping is the norm, we gave our cleaner 1200EGP for two weeks, about 12GBP. We also took 20USD in one dollar bills for tipping, they take EUR and GBP too but we also had EGP as the exchange rate was favourable.

On the whole I've only heard positive comments on the Hilton Fayrouz, I think the Hilton Dreams Resort had better entertainment for kids etc but I was only interested in the beach location and you can use both hotels anyway.
That's all for now, hope this proves useful, I will definitely be back to this great website again...

• Travel date: Tue 25th of July 2006

Wonderful experience

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"We stayed here at the recommendation of everyone on tripadvisor and were extremely happy with our decision. The staff was the most attentive we have ever expderienced (tipping is huge in Egypt) and the guy that cleaned our room every day did a fantastic job, even picking flowers and laying them in our bed in all sorts of arrangements for us to find each time we came back to the room.

The breakfast buffet was pretty good as are the burgers at the pirate bar, the rest of the time we ate out at restaurants, which were very good as well. The pools were pretty big, though nothing compared the other Hilton across the street, but the pool with the wetbar was pretty impressive and you could even get a massage poolside, though we never did, nor saw anyone else getting one.

All in all, it was a great experience, just about the only thing wrong with this hotel was that it lacked a shuttle to the airport, but it only costs 30-40 egyptian pounds to get there anyway. Great hotel, great staff. Will definitely stay here next time we come to Sharm."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of June 2006

Great time at the Hilton Fayrouz

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Just got back from a great stay at the Fayrouz. Lovely hotel, clean rooms, nice pools and the staff were always friendly and cheerful. Fantastic beach just on your doorstep, with beautiful clear water. The snorkelling is superb just from the beach (there are small reefs within 30 feet from the shore). Good service on the beach with good food.
We went bed and breakfast as the main area of shops and restaurants is only a 2-3 min walk. Loads of selections for food in naama bay. Would recommend KanZaman opposite the Hard Rock Cafe also had a nice meal in the Dananeer(upstairs at opposite end of the main drag in town) also the camel bar has a good atmosphere and the roof area is great for fresh air and views over Sharm.
Used the dive centre in the hotel (Sinai dive club) - would recommend that too. They were attentive provided a good professional service (Used Camel a few years ago and they too were professional but we did feel like just a number there). If you are a diver Ras Mohammed and the Thistlegorm were definite highlights."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

Hotels near Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort

Stayed at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort

• stacierejah by stacierejah

"Sharm El Sheikh is an absolute dream, if you are at the right hotel! "

• stacierejah by stacierejah

"Beaches, Naama Bay, El Mercato Market and St Catherines "

• debgall by debgall

"naama bay can be fun but also can be annoying with the shopkeepers virtualy dragging you in there s "

• slovely841 by slovely841

"shopping area neama bay "

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort is also called