Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort

210 Naama Bay South Sinai, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Dinner at the Al Fresco restraurant

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"Service was diabolical, especially when a piece of PLASTIC was found in my salad. no appology was given, the food was served cold.
For a well known Hotel name this is completely unacceptable.
On speaking to others 'holiday people' they too have had bad experience also in the Al Fresco.
JFA & MT Marlow Bucks "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of February 2013

Dirty hotel, miserable staff!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Placed in a room in the back of beyond and had to transport our own cases to block 7! Eating at the main restaurant is like being in a cattle feeding station. It is dark and overcrowded. You can't see what you are eating. Getting a drink was a feat in itself! Food selection was ill thought out and I ended up with campylobacter! The rooms look fine on first glance. Old sanitary fittings, poor shower pressure. The floors in the main bedroom are filthy and hadn't been mopped in ages. Put slippers on after your shower as your feet end up dirtier than before your shower! Luxury toiletries do not make up for this! The snacks in the mini-bar are out of date! Varnishing of tiled areas at night meant you couldn't have a leisurely stroll around the grounds, the smell was noxious and gave me a headache. Will I be returning? I think not!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2012

hotel from hell

Reviewed Mon 10th of October 2011

"This was our third visit to this hotel(will be our last).The hotel really has gone downhill,i would be pushed to give it a three star rating.Starting with the nightmare at breakfast,you would be lucky to find a table which was clean,then you had to look for cutlery and cups and finding a member of staff to fill your coffee cup was a joke(NOT),nowhere near enough staff to cope..The pool areas need refurbishing,some are quite dangerous.On a couple of occasions we had cause to complain(never complained before)the management were more than useless,in fact being british we felt like second class citizens compared to the treatment the russians received,nothing was too much trouble for them.
Some of the staff were excellent,especially SAID the waterfall pool guy and TAMMAR the laguna pool bar guy,they were brill..You have been warned BEWARE.We will return to sharm in the future,not to the sharm dreams."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of October 2011

not safe for children

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2011

"i would advise anyone not to book this hotel,this is the worst hotelin sharm dont be fooled by the name hilton because it is no way like any hilton hotel in the world, it is no way five star ,more like 3 if that.the food is apalling the service is terrible, they just ignore u, they put extra things on ur room bill,my prada sunglasses went missin frommy room! and my child was sent to the docter on her own which was accross a main busy road! and when i complained they gave me a bill of £5o! which they harrassed me to pay before i was leaving or else i wud hav missed my flight! beware of staff such as ema, hany ,diara and mohammed at the conceirge they are extremely dangerous and will do anything for ur money. if you do decide to travel to sharm then i would advise hotels such as the marriot and jolie ville which are more safe and high standards and good staff..really shocked!"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of July 2011

Beware

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2011

"I was absolutely appalled by the attitude of staff at this hotel. I have travelled all over the world and have stayed at many hotels ranging from 5star to 2stars and never have i experienced anything like this before. My family and i stayed at the Dream sharms hotel in Naama bay for 7 nights. During our stay there my daughter who is 14 had an eye infection so i told her to ask the reception if there is a chemist where she could purchase some eye drops. When my daughter returned to me with a bill of £100 i was totally shocked and asked her what it was for. She replied the the reception had told her that she must visit the doctor immediately and drew out a map for her as the doctor was based of site across the road from the hotel. I was extremely concerned that my daughter was given this advise and had left the hotel premises without my knowledge. She naively did as she was told. As she is under age i was extremely concerned for her safety anything could have happened to her and on top of that i was left with a hefty bill! I complained to the reception, i was met with a rude and abrupt could not care less attitude from the staff and hotel manager who insisted that i must pay the bill.I tried to explain that she was only a child and should not have been given such advise without an adult present.They refused to understand and kept insisting that she was an adult and is responsible She was manipulated and taken advantage of and there fore i refused to pay the bill. On the day of our departure our transfer arrived and was taken straight in to the managers office. The hotel had locked the gates and refused to let us leave the hotel and catch our flight home without paying the bill. I was extremely angry and picked up my suit case and made a run for it on foot i was chased by six men and was told that the police were on their way. I very quickly realised that these people were capable of almost anything and i was not prepared to take any further risks so i settled the bill and quickly made my way to the airport. Throughout our stay there the staff continually ignored any requests and the food standard were very poor they even pretend not to understand you or make very little effort to accommodate. The hotel has expanded beyond their capacity and can not handle the demands. New villas have been built a 15min walk away from reception which is impossible to walk in the extreme heat. Buggy's are offered but Rarely turn up and breakfast, dinner and lunch are all held at the reception. Also If you still decide you would like to stay at this hotel please be very careful and vigilant of your belongings as few items of ours went missing from our hotel rooms. Also bare in mind that complaining will get you no where here as they just could not care less and will give you even more attitude. Please do not be fooled like i was by the Hilton name this hotel is nothing near Hilton standards! BOOK THIS HOTEL WITH CAUTION ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN

• Travel date: Thu 21st of July 2011

Will return

Reviewed Tue 1st of February 2011

"The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms and grounds are very clean and well maintained. Overall,a very enjoyable holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of January 2011

Hilton Dreams @ Sharm El Shiekh....not at all, a nightmare

Reviewed Wed 29th of September 2010

"July 2010. Surprised. no recent updates on this woeful complex. Suggest, interested parties look at Tripadviser for an up to date account. So many members all saying the same thing plus serious gastric upsets resulting from the hotel. We were ill within 24hrs of arrival, having not eaten elsewhere. Were ill on a daily basis. So many people with the same statements cannot be a coincidence. So far our tour operator has dismissed us? Would be very keen to hear about travellers who became ill at this accomodation."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of September 2010

this hotel was wonderfull food was great...

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2008

"this hotel was wonderfull food was great and lots of things to do not alot of entertainement staff are very good and helpful this hotel is awsum but i dont sugest going with young kids as theirs nothing to do not alot of english people around papers are 35 egyptian pounds i really sugest this hotel its right next to the town and you always get hassled or called by a taxi they are mad drivers i defonetly reccomened this hotel 10/10"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

Wonderful hotel and grounds, set in a pr...

Reviewed Fri 20th of June 2008

"Wonderful hotel and grounds, set in a prime location. Only a five minute walk to the hustle and bustle of naama bay and a 1 minute walk to the idyllic beach at the hilton opposite. Also it was only a 10 min taxi ride from the airport but be careful not to get ripped off like we did!! we paid 30pounds for the 10 min taxi ride!! as it was our first time and we didnt know how far the hotel was going to be!! dont pay more than 10pound! (100 egyptian pound)
Our room was beautiful, and the bathroom was very clean and shiny, we really felt like we were living in luxury! the shower wasnt a power shower or anything but it did the job!!
The surrounding gardens are well maintained as well as the pools. there are 7 to chose from! we swapped everyday from the quiet one near our room and the main one with the bar in the pool which is lively with music playing.
I would definately reccomend this hotel to anyone who is having trouble chosing which one to stay in! The staff are very helpful and the restaurants on the hotel site were very lovely, although the breakfast wasnt amazing there was plenty on offer and a nice croissant and orange juice did me and my boyfriend fine! Recommend doing the quadbiking, we didnt do it ourselves but we met some ladies who did and they said it was really good fun and you see the sunset aswell as get food. "

• Travel date: Fri 20th of June 2008

ALL INCLUSIVE! what a joke this has to b...

Reviewed Fri 25th of April 2008

"ALL INCLUSIVE! what a joke this has to be the worst all inclusive hotel we have been too!
you could only eat in the one resturant le jardin! out of the four resturants they had, otherwise you would need to pay to eat in the others!
The food was ok but you couldn t even have a snack at the pool bar , you had to eat at the specific times in the jardin!
As regards to the drinks you could only have GIN, VODKA , RUM AND WHISKEY, no lagers, no cocktails . Also the room mini bar which included water and soft drinks you also had to pay for!
The gym the hotel says you can use in the twin hilton hotel accross the road you have to pay £7 a day to use.
Also not to mention you are directly underneath the flight path! so if you are in to plane spotting this is the hotel for you!
On a postive note, the hotel is very clean, the staff are really friendly and helpful, the pools are also never to busy and its easy to get a lounger.
But would definitely not recommend this hotel for all inclusive

• Travel date: Fri 25th of April 2008

this hotel is great the staff are very f...

Reviewed Mon 31st of March 2008

"this hotel is great the staff are very friendly and helpfull the rooms are lovely the whole resort is all great actually. exept for the breakfast otherwise the food was nice. :)
and all the staff and everyone are especially chatty to us because we look egyptian lol

Naama Bay is great for having fun the best restaurants are TGI's, hard rock cafe and the itallian restaurants are not bad either.

i liked the boat tours i got to see the reefs, fishes ect....... (im not sure if fishes is a word but oh well) ;). quad biking was good, tiran island was beautiful and the bedouin dinner thing was great aswell.

me and my family liked it soo much that were going back this year to the same resort aswell. :) yaay

dont go to cairo by coach its sooo crap last time they put us on a coach with russians all of the peaple were russian. when we went to sharm in 2007 we went by plane sooo much better than the coach and all the peeps were english lol.

otherwise the hotel and sharm el sheik is great ENJOY :)"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of March 2008

My partner and I decided on this hotel f...

Reviewed Thu 27th of March 2008

"My partner and I decided on this hotel for it's pools and for the restaurants. Having arrived at the hotel - which was immaculately clean and tidy and the staff friendly and always willing to help, we were driven to our room - which was a 2 bed not a double room. We asked for a transfer to which they said they would look into but no matter how many times we asked it wasn't going to happen.

the next day trying to get food was a nightmare, as we thought ALL INCLUSIVE meant ALL INCLUSIVE - how wrong we were!!! We had to eat in the Le Jardin restaurant or pay for any other meals. Lager/Beer wasn't included in the ALL INCLUSIVE either!! We could only drink Gin, Rum or Vodka free and if you had it with juice you had to pay extra for this too!!!

What a swizz the ALL INCLUSIVE was. We seemed to have spent twice as much on food and beer and that's why we went ALL INCLUSIVE to start with. Even the rep said it was confusing - but he didn't do anything about it!!

Saying that, the pools were cleaned every night, were spotless, pool staff were very helpful - putting up umbrellas, moving loungers for you. All the staff were friendly - not over friendly. Rooms were ok. But i wouldn't put this hotel at a 5 *. Good but not that good!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of March 2008

Hotels near Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort

Stayed at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort

• mellie by mellie

"book a different hotel "

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort is also called