Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort

210 Naama Bay South Sinai, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good

Great room & location shame about the service

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We have stayed in Naama Bay 6 times but have never stayed at a Hilton. Our immediate impressions were great, lovely room, lovely ambience, clean and tidy with beautiful pools. However, after a few days the cracks started to appear, not with design and decor but with the service. I know there is a language barrier (and that they speak far better English than my Egyptian) but the only word I can think of is ignorant. Whether in the Caribi bar (which I waited 10 min for a Gin and tonic because the guy was trying to multi task, badly..... in the end I gave up), the reception, room service or by the pool the service was slow and basically grumpy. Added to this everywhere we went people were trying to sell us things, massages, 6 times, (they wake you up if you are on your sun lounger to sell you the service), Hilton Points card (phoned our room 4 times and cornered us 3 times) and various functions in the bar. To be honest the only great service we had was the man who cleaned the room. On the Wed we decided to have a nice Italian meal at the Ritz Carlton (the restaurants are a bit limited in Dreams, nice but limited). We called the concierge to book a table but he refused offering us the number to call ourselves, again another little annoyance which adds up over the week (by the way the Ritz was lovely, great service, smiles and no pushiness --- and it was not that expensive). My lasting memory of the hotel would be a guy called Sherif who worked behind the reception. When we checked out I did not receive a smile a 'how was your stay' or any slight recognition, instead I was just ordered to provide my pin and credit card. Then Sherif proceeded to answer the phone and serve someone else (again trying to multi task but failing) after a couple of minutes I said is the transaction complete, his words were 'finished' nothing else just finished. To be honest I think that sums up my relationship with the Hilton Dreams finished. I would recommend The Ritz in Sharm (if you want the best) or Marriott/Novotel in Naama if you want a nice enviroment and good service and a great location."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of April 2006

Great location

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"I am a single traveller and was pleased that I chose this hotel when there is little information about sharm el sheik on the internet. I had a quiet room and enjoyed eating in the naama bay restaurants about 15 min walk away."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of March 2006

Fantastic Hotel Choice

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I just got back from a very relaxing week at the Hilton Sharm Dreams and had a great time. The hotel was a great choice, you never quite know what to expect when booking it as part of a package but it exceeded my expectations. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa in a section of the hotel that has been recently built which was fantastic as it had it's own 2 pools for that area and was lovely and quiet. The breakfast buffet was good with a selection of pastries, cereals, fruit and an egg and waffle section. There are a few restaurants to eat at the hotel, the best was the Tex Mex which had a selection of mexican dishes but also some amazing seafood so that is a good choice. The Hilton Sharm Dreams hotel is across a busy road from the Hilton Fayrouz resort which has the recreation centre, tennis courts, beach that you can use. Although, when using the facilities and restaurants at Fayrouz you cannot charge it to your Sharm Dreams hotel room, you will need to pay cash which caught us out!

When you reach the beach there is a path that heads into town, which is literally a 5 minute walk so the location is great. There are some nice restaurants along the beach front that are pretty reasonable and you will get dinner for around £20-£30 depending on whether you get drinks, starters etc. The wine in Egypt isn't that good and they only seem to sell 3 types of local wine, unless you want to pay huge prices for imported wine. Maybe stick to beer and cocktails!

I would definately recommend this hotel as it is well maintained, has a great location and the staff are super friendly."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of March 2006

Loved the room and the way they decorated the bed

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"We Stayed at Hilton Sharm Dream week commencing 25 February. We found it ideally situation for Namma Bay and crossing the road wasn't too terrible. It was great not to have to pack beach towels and we used the Hilton Fayrouz beach across the road every day and always found a couple of loungers. We also took advantage of the wonderful massages at the Hilton Fayrouz. My husband had a Hilton Honours Card and therefore we got upgraded to a suite which was close to the main pool and it was wonderful. Two bathrooms, lounge, two t.vs sun loungers and table and chairs. They decorated the bed on arrival like a birthday cake as it was my birthday and it was wonderful. Always found something to eat at breakfast and used to take a couple of danish pastries out with us so we never wanted anything else during the day. Found the hotel bar really boring. Ate On the Deck at the Lido Hotel at the end of the Bay, floating restuarant really lovely with lion fish floating on the lit waters, also took cab short ride to the Hyatt Regency for a Thia Meal and this was wonderful. For those of you who like nice dry white wine I done my homework and can recommend Sharadaze it is really nice, dont even bother with the other egyptian wines it costs about £12 english pounds in the restaurants that do sell it. £4.20 in the shop just along the road from the duty free. Therefore I took my own wine to the Bedoin party night (Thursday) and also to the Sini Star in old sharm.

Really had a great holiday and the snorkelling it just absolutely unbelievable. We will definitely be going back, but may look at the Novotel (lots of entertainment) on the beach or the Movenpick."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of March 2006

I want to go back

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"What a hotel! Apologies for the late review but I have only just discovered TripAdvisor.

After arriving at Sharm airport we took the coach to the hotel. While the coach dropped of other people my fiancée and I were wondering what our hotel would be like as all the hotels were really nice. Then they said it "Hotel Sharm Dreams" we got ourselves ready for what we were going to see...WOW! is the 1 word I would use to sum up the look of the hotel. It was amazing. We got off the coach and a little van came along and took our bags and loaded them up. We then checked in and a little minibus took us up to the room (yes a minibus! the hotel complex is massive!) The little van followed us with our bags.
Our room was huge with a clever arrangement of the towels (I wont say what it was...you will have to wait and see).

The hotel is amazing the food was great and had a great variety (can recommend the Tex Mex restaurant). The staff were friendly and very helpful. There is even a little shopping arcade in the hotel. Sharm is really nice and although we went in January the temperature got up to late 20's and on a couple of days 31. The beach was lovely and had a very nice promenade. Sharm at night is excellent. All the shops and bars etc are all lit up and the Hard Rock Cafe is great. It did take us a while to get used to the "haggling" as shop owners will walk out to you in the street to ask you to come into their shop. Although in brochures it says this hotel next to a dual carriageway its not very busy. At night however watch out as 1 think I only saw 1 car with its light on. Also try to avoid the taxis. I had to hold the door closed as the catch had broken on the car. The excursions offered are great. I can thoroughly recommend the Beduin camp trip as its great fun. For those of you who want to go on the Mount Sanai (Moses Mountain) trip, its definitely a great excursion, however make sure you take good shoes, coats, hats, scarf’s as the top is extremely cold. We also went to Cairo for the day which was excellent. The tour guide was a good laugh and very informative. The pyramids were excellent and we got to go inside one of them. This was a holiday I will always remember and would make an excellent holiday and honeymoon destination."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of March 2006

Excellent Hotel Good Location

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"The hotel was excellent. We stayed bed and breakfast and there was always a good choice from cold to hot food. We ate at the hotel on the BBQ night and also in the TexMek. We enjoyed all the meals. The only down side was the price of the wine. The Egyptian white wine was very poor, the red was o.k. but expensive.

We ate at the Pomado reasurant 3 times in the week this was excellent with a good atmosphere would definelty recommend. Also the drinks at the Camel bar were reasonable. We would definelty go back and stay at the Hotel. It is ideally located in the centre of Namma Bay just across a busy main road to the beach and bars. Would not like to stay too far out of the centre as the taxis are mad. We only took one taxi to Old Sharm and that was enough. Not worth the effort. The only other down side was the shopping, you do get pestered to buy and this is off putting, so I didn't buy a thing, there loss.
But all in all a great week and the weather was nice and warm although cold at night."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of March 2006

Excellent Resort Hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"A lovely resort hotel in excellent clean and well maintained grounds. The staff were very friendly and helpfull (except the supermarket which was a 'franchise'). Buffet restaurant was good for breakfast but we felt it only 'average for evening meals. Both the Italian and the Mexican restaurants were good with slightly friendlier service in the Italian.
The sister hotel on the beach front provided sun beds and mattresses and in early February there was plenty of room.
We enjoyed our week"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of February 2006

A tired hotel with enthusiastic staff

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Hilton Dreams is not a European standard 5 star hotel and is looking a little tired and in need of some refurbishment. For example, furniture in the lounge and dining room needs replacing, varnish on doors is wearing off and everywhere looks a little dated. There is a general impression that a once great place to stay is now just OK. On the plus side the staff are numerous and cannot do enough for you. Everywhere is kept very clean - though the dining tables at breakfast could have received a little more attention between guests.

The breakfast buffet was adequate and catered for all tastes. We ate good meals in the hotel's Italian and Tex Mex restaurants though there are plenty of other options a short walk away.

The Hotel is within easy reach of the airport and 5 mins walking distance from the centre of Naama Bay which is the commercial heart of Sharm. A great location when compared to many others we saw.

The hotel is across a busy dual carriageway from the Hilton Fayrouz whose beach is used by residents from both. Crossing the road should be undertaken with caution particularly at night when the locals don't believe in using their lights. You will also be harrassed by taxi drivers waiting at the gates and cruising past tooting their horns. That just prepares you for the persistent newspaper vendors in the day, restauranteurs in the evening and shopkeepers all day long who will badger, cajole and harass you to do business with them.

Don't miss the chance of seeing Cairo and the Pyramids, a long but fascinating day trip. Also worthwhile (especially if you don't snorkel) was the hour long trip on the glass bottom boat from the hotel beach. The beach was great, with plenty of loungers, good waiter service and towels provided.

Entertainment in the hotel was poor and repetitive but we didn't go to Sharm to sit in the hotel all night.

Despite some of the apparently critical comments above we enjoyed our stay and would consider a return but will also look at other options including the Movenpick Jolie Ville and Novotel which like Hilton Dreams were well located."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of February 2006

very good hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"stayed at hilton sharm dreams in jan 2006 very good clean hotel rooms of a very good standard but rate it at 4 stars rather than 5 staff very friendly breakfast good especially omelletes cooked fresh with choice of fillings hotel very clean gardens ammaculate. tamms restaurant namma bay good value for money as well as hard rock cafe which is family friendly and highly recommended weather good two cloudy days but hot, take jumper for night time as temperature drops but all in all enjoyed holiday must say it was a lot quieter than last year which suited us as last year we got hassled more to go into restaurants etc."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of February 2006

Best hotel in Namma Bay

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I stopped at the Hilton Sharm Dreams week 21st January and had a fantastic time. The hotel is wonderful, pools are the best i've seen and the hotel was spotless. The rooms are of a high standard and spacious. Breakfast was buffet and nice, although it could have done with a bit more variety for the hot section, but if you like pastries you will not be disappinted! The staff are very friendly and helpful. As a 23yr old my friend and I were worried about being harrassed by the locals, but we had no problems, just smile and say no thank you and they'll leave you alone. Food in Namma Bay is really cheap (about £5 for a main) but the alcohol is pricey (about 3.50 for a vodka and coke).Try the Camel roof top bar, promenados and idian, and steak and seafood restaurant. The entry visa is not compulsory, but if you wish to go snorkling in Ras Mohammad or trip to Cairo then you need it. Otherwise if you are staying in resort save yourself £15 buy not getting it. In january found the weather pleasant and warm but cold of a night so take jeans and a jumper!Guests at Hilton Sharm dreams get use of the private beach at Hilton across the road, which is the best in Namma Bay. Didn't see one seller on the beach which was a nice suprise. Oh the road inbetween is very busy and the taxis are in a league of their own, no lights, bald tyres!! But you are only a short pleasant (well lit at night) walk by the beach to centre of Namma bay so you don't need them! Overall I felt safe in Sharm after the previous bombings. There are security everywhere and metal detectors into the hotels. I found currency to have a better exchange rate in Egypt than in UK. Everywhere uses Egyptian pound, dollar or UK pound.
That's about it, have a great holiday!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of February 2006

Dinner at the Al Fresco restraurant

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"Service was diabolical, especially when a piece of PLASTIC was found in my salad. no appology was given, the food was served cold.
For a well known Hotel name this is completely unacceptable.
On speaking to others 'holiday people' they too have had bad experience also in the Al Fresco.
JFA & MT Marlow Bucks "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of February 2013

Dirty hotel, miserable staff!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Placed in a room in the back of beyond and had to transport our own cases to block 7! Eating at the main restaurant is like being in a cattle feeding station. It is dark and overcrowded. You can't see what you are eating. Getting a drink was a feat in itself! Food selection was ill thought out and I ended up with campylobacter! The rooms look fine on first glance. Old sanitary fittings, poor shower pressure. The floors in the main bedroom are filthy and hadn't been mopped in ages. Put slippers on after your shower as your feet end up dirtier than before your shower! Luxury toiletries do not make up for this! The snacks in the mini-bar are out of date! Varnishing of tiled areas at night meant you couldn't have a leisurely stroll around the grounds, the smell was noxious and gave me a headache. Will I be returning? I think not!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2012

Hotels near Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort

Stayed at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort

• mellie by mellie

"book a different hotel "

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort is also called