The Hauza Beach Resort

• telephone
  • pets allowed
  • italian amenities
  • russian amenities
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • table tennis
  • tv channel one russia
  • diving
  • interconnected rooms available

Good

This Hotel needs a Govenment health warning .

Reviewed 15th October 2014

"We have never in our 40 years of marriage ,been to a hotel complex with so many faults so filthy with so many health issues and been so badly treated as Hauza . I have not been able to start back to work due to a viral infection because of this .This Viral infection has been with me since 20th September and I am still suffering 2 weeks later . On booking in we found that our family members who should have been there 2 hours before us through a different tour operator “Sun International” had been taken out of the reception and moved to a different resort. The reason being Sun International have had too many complaints about Hauza Beach Resort and apparently lost a star rating 5 to 4 ,so they pulled all there clients out of Hauza and moved them to Amwaj Hotel 1.5 miles away. Considering we all supposed to be together this ruined our holiday the moment we arrived . We were taken to a room No 1009 . On entering this room, There was a disgusting overpowering smell of stale cigarettes . The room was filthy , one of the beds were about 2” higher at the feet end than the head end ,sheets were torn ,Curtains were hanging off ,The bath was disgusting, the bed was wet , and stain on the chair looked like human excrement. I rejected this room immediately and was moved to room 1501. This was better but nothing to shout about. We proceeded to go for a late night snack at the pool bar where there was 3 bain maries in the open air with food in but no warm water underneath to keep it warm . One of them had cold rice in .We felt this was a health risk so we went without food since lunch some 12 hours earlier . Not good for my wife’s Diabetes. We returned to the room to find no drinking water . Several times there was no running water in the room but one time the whole complex’s water was off . No one could use the room, Restaurant , bars or any of the toilets . Very much a problem when you both have the runs. It did make me wonder why breakfast was served in the restaurant when no one “Staff or clients” could wash their hands dishes or food . Then booking out of the hotel became the biggest farce of all . I booked and paid for 15 nights at this hotel instead of 14 because our return flight was 10:15pm. So we could keep the room for as long as we wanted on Thursday , and the room was booked until Friday 26th. In the afternoon we decided to have a short sleep because we would lose a night’s sleep being a 5 hour flight . This was not to be , The cleaner came knocking about 4:30pm to tell us we have to vacate the room by 6:00pm because someone was due to move in . On this point I argued about it but he was adamant and said he would take it up with his supervisor . On account of this we got ready and vacated the room. At the reception they were confused by their paperwork and told me I had to stay until Friday. It then took me ¾ of an hour to explain why I booked the room for an extra day although we were leaving the hotel by about 7:30pm but asking why the cleaner got us to leave earlier than we wanted to .At this moment the (We don’t understand English) card came out by the reception staff . What a farce . I have paid for an extra day for nothing and it was the finishing touches to the worst holiday we have ever had. SUMMERY . This Hotel has major Issues . The room Brochure tells us there is An Indian restaurant “AL Jazeerah” this was shut down. The main water feature running down about 2/3 of the complex that goes under bridges feeds the flamingo pool then goes on to feed the Bar / Restaurant moat was not working and dried up the flamingos were standing in shallow polluted water the Moat was almost emptied, polluted , smelt like a sewer . Every day the grounds grass was watered with water that smelt like raw sewage and had people heaving when passing . The pool bar;- the kitchen was used as a smoking shelter by the staff and one even drank coke out of a bottle that was being served to the public . The cold cabinet with self service cakes by the pool bar was not plugged in and in the open air with lumps of glass broken on the doors . See photo . The pizzeria had pizzas but not burgers, Spaghetti , Hot dogs, chicken wings, calamari, fish fingers and Tagin as advertised in the brochure. The air con and electric fly killers were not working in the main Restaurant and reception except when the owner was eating in there. So flies and insects were abundant around the food . The temperature was around 38c so you don’t need much imagination to see what health risk that was to the food with chicken, fish and yogurt food products in there . Dishes were chipped and shortage of cutlery was also a problem . One of the bottles of drinking water from the hotel when opened smelt awful although it was sealed. Wi Fi was a joke they wanted £40 if we had it for 2 weeks for what you could only use in the Reception aria and was so slow it was going on time out when I tried to get my bank info Wi Fi was free in the English bar but you had to buy the drinks there but that didn’t work on the second week . The lower staff Cleaners , Servers and bar staff etc had not been paid for 2 months but dare not leave else they would not be paid at all . So moral was really low with them on saying that they were great with us because I tipped regularly . Lighting on steps had loads of the bulbs not working and not a hand rail on any of the steps of the walkways. Past This is our 5th visit to Egypt but this hotel has put us off for good. It took us 5 days for them to get the room safe working then we had to move room the safe in there you could pick it up and walk away with it . This hotel complex has the basis to be really nice with some unique features but all this was ruined by letting it go to the dogs . "

• Travel date: 4th October 2014

Hauza Hell

Reviewed 14th April 2014

"I have just returned from Hauza Beach Resort on 7/4/14 after a two week stay. I will NEVER return there again. I love Egypt and have visited there over 20 times,this has to be one of, if not the worst hotel available. A word to the wise, if you are thinking of booking the Hauza....DON'T. The drinks truly are appalling they are surly 'manufactured' rather than distilled. Take your full drink allowance with you if you insist on staying there (you will thank me). Buy your cokes etc. at the supermarkets and eat out, again you will thank me. The rooms are more than tired, the baths are stained with patchy paint peeling off. Shower curtains are cream at the top getting a darker shade of sludge as they go down. Water comes out of the tap brown but does clear as you run it. T.V. reception is very poor, fridges in rooms are old and rusty and worse than anything is stained mattresses with no mattress protectors. Additional sheets were provided ...eventually but we were back to one sheet on the mattress most days. By the second week house keeping got the message an we regularly had additional sheets thereafter. If you have thoughts of ringing home to let folks know you are OK, forget it. Despite having a phone in your room no international connection is available until tomorrow!!!. £2.30 per minute is charged when and if it is available. However... as you go out of the hotel and turn right , the 1st supermarket you come to had a lovely member of staff who allowed me to use his mobile at 70p per minute and was delighted with the £1 I paid him. WiFi connection is available but only in reception...sometimes. Your WiFi connection is 2hrs for the duration of your stay, NOT each, per ROOM. On another note, staff try to be helpful but work within the restraints of poor management. I have not laboured on the matter of food and drink as others have already done this but take my word on this, it is BAD. Party cups half filled, ice available sometimes and no lemon/lime slices. A member of staff did fetch some from the kitchen on his break.???!!! for my soda water (the only drink I had or would recommend). Oh and the water park opened the day before we left. Check this out if you still think it's just a few folk that are never satisfied having a moan. I would not risk a child of mine using this as it appears from just looking at it, as opposed to using it, that Health and Safety have been heavily involved in the planning and development of this 'attraction'. If you or anyone traveling with you is not sound of foot, the resort is not without severe challenges. Ramp access has been 'added' but leaves a lot to be desired and in some cases is downright dangerous. A lot of the pedestrian areas are very uneven and crumbling and tricky for even the more sure footed and sober amongst us. my last words are GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. "

• Travel date: 14th April 2014

hauza beach resort sharemel sheikh,not 5 star and not 5 star price

Good
Reviewed 4th January 2013

"The location is excellent, pools are good, staff are all very helpful and friendly. we have been before in 2009 si it was not an altogether unknown. Sadly standards have slipped, its got very dirty in the corners so to speak.hand santatising gel was always empty in the restaurant, and believe me some travellers pretend not to know how to stand in line for their turn,they handle the food with their fingers. I was surprised to see very drunk individuals in the lounge bar with clearly too much alcohol in their system already, and with no lounge bar dress code this didnt help matters. The staffare regularly told off by the dept managers in front of guests, but worse still was the the daily abuse of staff from large numbers of the guests. Aparently the staff must take this abuse. If you could see the uniforms of the back room staff cleaners you would be shocked, filthy filthy filthy uniforms with stripes like concentration camp inmates. Despite all this the hotel has potential, its just needs respectful management, standards and clear policy on what the guests can expect and a standard or behaviour from the guests. We willgo back again,but I'm afraid if there is much more mistreatment of the staff by management or guests, that will be the last time we visit Hauza. Last comment, dear managers please invest in some steam cleaners, and value your workers. "

• Travel date: 2nd January 2013

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"This place is no mre than a two star, it has good pools, slides and beach, thats it the rest is dirty no filthy. Drinks are awful food is NOT i repeat NOT to be eaten unless you really want to be ill, my diabetic daughter lived off bread and butter for 6 days after becoming ill on second day i was ill from 3rd day, no diet drinks. My ADVISE go elsewhere even another country, unless you like to be constantly harrassed and ripped off."

• Travel date: 16th October 2012

Great holiday

Reviewed 10th July 2012

" Lovely hotel and brilliant staff.Stayed here July 2011, and we are going back in August. The hotel may not be quite 5* but was always clean and the staff were amazing - so helpful and friendly. The plastic cups for drinks were very small, but if you took your own large glass up for a drink the staff would fill this up for you instead no problem.The staff would even refill your water bottles for you. The swimming pools and beach were beautiful,clean and the water nice and warm. As for the food there was always plenty of everything, with lots of different pasta, vegetables and rice dishes, my youngest is the fussiest eater I know and he went up for seconds every meal. If you want british food stay in britain instead of going abroad and moaning all the time. If I had any complaints at all it would be having to listen to the rudeness and moaning of the other british guests - I wouldn't speak to my dog the way some of those people talked to the staff of the hotel. All in all this was a lovely holiday and both myself and my sons are really looking forward to going back in Aug."

• Travel date: 10th July 2012

a wasted holiday in this hotel

Reviewed 1st July 2012

"the hotel itsself is nice but thats were it all stops . If ever a hotel should be prosecuted under the trade discriptions act then hauza should stand trial . this hotel is not 5 star or even 4 star more like one star .the juice in this hotel is not fresh its diluted cordyal with diffirent taste every day . plastic cups why on earth does this hotel only offer small size??????. wanted to watch England match in this all inculsive hotel , one bar showing game guess what? we had to pay for drinks to watch it lol at least the glasses came out lol . Food was ok for a one star hotel , never got any tummy bugs but to be fair to the hotel i think its all sun related illnesses due desert climate. staff were ok but this hotel needs good strong management in place ,we stayed in holiday village few years ago and it was fantastic so go there not this badly run joke . I wont mention the power cuts either lol or dirty pool does this hotel ever get inspected? only there for one week and we could not get home quick enough . Ive stayed in many hotels over the years and ive never been so discusted as this break in hauza . even the fridge was not stocked daily i could just go on . IF basic standards dont mean much to you as it clearly does not to management then you will love it here . Egypt great place to visit people are nice with many good hotels so dont make my mistake and come here ."

• Travel date: 30th June 2012

True genuine review

Reviewed 29th March 2012

"We have just returned from a week away at Hauza Beach Resort, Nabqa Bay, Sharm. Overall the holiday was good, although not great. When we booked via Icelolly Holidays, the hotel came up as a five star and I must say they sold the holiday well. The photos looked fantastic and the fact that it was such a reasonable price made us want to book. We checked out the reviews on here first as we always do, and there were mixed reviews, but we thought fair enough, there are always people wanting to moan about something so we tried to just look at the positives. Our room was OK. It was definitely not a 5* room, we'd say it was about a 3*. The food was poor and lacked variety on the buffet. The chef cooked a speciality dish outside the restaurant each night which was nice and tasty but the queues were long and sometimes you were waiting for up to fifteen minutes. (Russians always seemed to get served first so bear this in mind - maybe they tipped more). We'd say the food was a 2-3*. The pools and the grounds of the hotel were beautiful - 5*. There are many lagoon style pools and three slides at the bottom end of the resort and the pool at the main hotel part was a decent size. However the water was FREEZING! The temp got to around 34 degrees on a couple of days but this did not heat up the pool. The sea was warmer. The entertainment was good and they were nice people. Bar staff always happy to help and reception staff kind and friendly and welcoming. We did not book transfers. If you are planning on just getting a taxi, please do not let them rip you off. We worked it out at roughly 100 egyptian pounds was £10 of our money. We got charged 250 egyptian pounds to take us to our hotel, and on the return a local taxi only charged us 17 egptian! remember to barter down. Naama Bay was probably a better resort to stay in as there was more to do and it was a busier place to be, Nabqa Bay is quieter. Insect repellant is a must, I got eaten alive! Weather was good, but quite cool on a night and that was mid March so make sure you take a light jacket or jumper for on a night. Overall the holiday was good but we wouldn't return. "

• Travel date: 29th March 2012

Reviewed 5th March 2012

"I was dreading this holiday after reading the reviews and I was very pleasantly surprised. Food what are you moaning about? There was a good choice at all times. Hot food was hot. The chiefs are cooking all the time and only ever make enough for a few people so the food is fresh and HOT. I see the point of English people when they say about choice but this hotel, as many others, are dealing with a lot of other international guests. Hotel is a little bit tired but they are doing it up and bedrooms are very big and spacious with a fridge. The whole place is kept very very clean. Staff are amazing. Entertainment team are very good at getting people to mix and speak to everyone young and old. I met several other people that had been there before and I will be joining them because I will be booking again for next year. Also I was there for 9 nights and I never met anyone that had an upset tuumy from the food and that says a lot for the hotel."

• Travel date: 2nd March 2012

Don`t eat or drink there, and make sure you go with casts iron medical insurance

Reviewed 5th December 2011

"We came home today,after 7days (4 days confined to the bedroom with severe food poisoning)I consider myself to be a tough old boy, with the constitution of an ox. Prior to retirement,I was in worldwide export,often living in the most primitive places on earth.Until now, over a 40 year period, only once did I end up food poisoning.For me the issue is simple,It is very bad hygiene,for example the rats that I saw running in and out of the kitchen.On my last day I met a wedding party,6 off whom had also suffered the same fate.It is just down to luck, but the odds are against you!! Apart from the above, its a 2 star hotel and you generally get what you paid for. "

• Travel date: 2nd December 2011

dont waste your money

Reviewed 18th May 2012

"This hotel could be a five star (as stated) if, the rooms were clean and not needing serious redecorating and repair work. The baths were filthy, i'd of felt cleaner washing in a sewer. The food - awful. The 'all inclusive' does not cater for the english whatsoever. For the majority of my stay i had to eat plain boiled pasta for both lunch and dinner, however had to queue for over half an hour just for that!! Their four other dishes that you could choose from was unedible, i wouldnt force my dogs to eat it! If you are vegaterian then this is the hotel for you. On another note, the drinks were horrid, orange juice - watered down beyond belief! The 'wide variety of drinks, all of these being coke beer or vodka were all served in plastic party cups everywhere in the hotel, you'd be lucky to have it half filled! Finally, you have to checdk out before 12midday, little to your knowledge, after doing this, you are no longer allowed to be served alcohol and cannot eat at the hotel. After 30 minutes of arguing with them, and explaining that we'd payed up until midnight that night - we were finally able eat and have a drink (all within the space of 15 minutes before our coach was due). After having to warf our food down, we rushed back to reception and arrived at 1:17, only to watch our approx 1:15 coach driving away without us. We were then told that we have to book a cab and pay for it! We will never stay here again, this is the worst hotel in Egypt, we are regulares to this country and speaking from experience. You are also never left alone to relax, as someone comes up to you every 5 minutes begging for you to buy their ***! For example; excursions, hair braiding, tattooing, eyebrow threading, photos, massages, and the list goes on! Even when we was in the pool they still bother you!! Do yourselfs a massive favour and DON'T waste your time and money. Our holiday was let down and ruined by this!"

• Travel date: 27th October 2011

Great holiday

Reviewed 19th October 2011

"Just back from staying at this hotel, staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean and sheets changed every day, the pools and beach were lovely as were the grounds, plenty of space to move your sunbeds around and no fighting to get one. I'm a fussy eater but certainly didn't starve, they are catering for other nationalities other than British. I did find the people trying to sell manicures, massages annoying, maybe they could issue a flag to put on on your sunbed to indicate your not interested. Trips booked through MTS were reasonable, the glass bottom boat was great, quad biking fantastic, helmets provided but take a scarf for the dust, SOHO Square is well worth a visit and all fixed prices, but the city tour was a let down spending 2 hours of the trip picking up from various hotels. Have been back 4 days and I'm planning to go back in Feb to this hotel. You get what you pay for, if you want the Ritz, book the Ritz. If you want a great holiday at a great price you can't go wrong here."

• Travel date: 18th October 2011

Where is the 5 star?

Reviewed 15th September 2011

"We were greeted by an irate woman telling us to get back on the transfer coach as quickly as possible. Looking round reception and the smiling faces of staff made you think she was just looking for trouble but get to your room and you see instantly why she was making these statements. Our room was smelly, dirty and all the furniture was needing repair. We had had a flight delay and time was getting on so we decided to try the restaurant before it closed. What a shock to find that dishes are not replensihed when they run out and not a lot left to eat at 9 o'clock. the restaurant being open to till 10pm was not doing well. Giving up on the food idea we turned our attention to the bar but another disappointment greeted us here as there are no cocktails at this hotel and we found only watered down wine or soft drinks or some disgusting tasting alcohol. In the 7 days of our stay we only had 4 decent meals and would only give a rating of 2 star (at a push) The beach is lovely and the pool looks good but as nowhere is cleaned we only trusted the beach to swim in the sea. What happened to any housekeeping art, as we had seen on reviews, we don't know. We were lucky if we got the beds made. Beware also because at about 6pm every evening they come round with a mosquito spray machine that smells like sitting in a pool of diesel and leaves you unable to breath for nearly an hour. If we go back to Sharm we would never use this hotel again. We are going to try Hergarda in January so are keeping fingers crossed for a better deal then."

• Travel date: 13th September 2011
  • ...

Hotels near Hauza Beach Resort

Top traveller tips for Hauza Beach Resort

• by Hannah1234

"Para Gliding and Snorkeling!"

• by Phil D

"Go to another resort ."

• by conniefridge

"be respectful of the staff, they so look after you if you treat them this way, join in the actvities"

• by cariwest

"Take your own glass for your drinks"

• by amyp86

"tip waiters are meal times and they will ensure you always have a drink and are waited upon. Insect repellant too"

• by nik382

"Take a beer mug with you"

• by richard

"be prepared to eat out a lot"

• by Anne

"Buy aqua shoes, the sand's gritty"

• by playsky

"Go out every day or to the beach"

• by Cat C

"Buy alcohol from duty free in the airport!"

• by ssreview

"make you own evening entertainment"

• by Banny

"Take bigger glasses or beakers"

• by beckyb888

"go on some of the excursions because its worth the money. we went on the boat trips and the quad biking"

• by YamYam85

"Try and take your own squash, as only fizzy drinks, alcohol and juice served."

• by michelle

"You are on holiday so chill out - it's eygpt so things are not the same as in the UK"

• by hauzatime

"Amazing !! Best Crepe and waffles ever haha"

• by Ashley

"Do not go- you will be disappointed!!!"

• by robjtate

"go somewhere else !!!"

• by Georgia

"Pay that little bit extra for a better hotel!"

• by bessy

"try Sharm, but NOT this hotel"

Hauza Beach Resort is also called