Halomy Hotel

Halomy Street Naama Bay Overlooking Nama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

A Great View.....

"Visited The HALOMY 15th-22nd April 2007....
What a great view.... Thats one of the great things about the hotel,
The rooms are basic.... but kept very clean, great towel art.
Food was what you would expect from a 3* hotel.... I didn't have a problem... Girlfriend would would differ... but the food at the pool bar was GREAT.... 12" pizza 35le (£3.40) hot, fresh and very tastie, I Had the Chicken Grill.... Loads of Chicken cooked on a roasting,sizzling hot-plate...Mmmm can still taste it Ha Ha.....

All in all we had a great time.... On a cliff top over looking Naama Bay down 113 steps and your there.... all the bars resturants..... No taxi's........ But if you feel them steps are to much the taxi cost about £3.. Nothing really.

A MUST>>>>>>>>>>
The quads into the desert...... tryed it the day before we came home and wished we had gone before as it was wicked.....
Check out the sea-food nights at the hotel aswell, £9 each... but ist worth it for the shrimp and tuna and lobster....theres just to much to chose from.

Make sure you get to the bar before last orders (11.50) as they call it early some times and make you pay.

Have a masarge from Mohamid.... there so relaxing.. he is really goood, had a bad knee for years and 5 mins with him had no bother all the holiday.

Dont listen to all the bad reviews....... this is a great little hotel.......peacefull....Chilled.....Great views...... OHHH... the private beech is one of the best place's to snorkle.....Check it out...... you wont be dissapointed....
Mark n Jacqui

• Travel date: Wed 9th of May 2007

great view.

"we had two weeks here and that was enough. i have to say that the views we had were stunning but that is the only good thing about this hotel. we were lucky enough to get the rooms with views. visit there web site [---] and get there phone number and ask for a sea view!. the staff cant do enough for you and are very friendly. we gave our faves a tip at the end as it helps there £30 a month wages go a bit further (you never hear them moan about the 12/14 hour day 7 days a week they work)
say hi to mamood and hatem from mr john. the entertainment is rubbish and so is the food. it is reapted on a daily basis and the shows are not much better. we all had a bad tummy when we was there and so did many others,but a visit to the chemist will fix that. i would not leave anything of value around the pool as we a had a mp3 stolen but then later returned?????.you must try scuba or snorkelling when you are there it is fantastic. a few words of warning though,if you have young girls keep there shoulders and chest covered as they will get alot of attention from the locals. dont get a blue and white taxi if you value your life
they are mad. if you go to namma bay be prepaired to get hasseld. if you want to buy somthing never pay the first asking price go at half and meet in the middle this goes for everything.
the hotel itself is just ok but not a 3star as the rooms are a bit grubby. if you are thinking of going here dont bother but if you are take plenty of money to eat out cos of the food and drink. we were all inc and got what we paid for (not much) would rather of paid more to go elswhere. have a massage from mohammed its great. take plenty of strong sun cream its very expencive and limited there. it was in the 90s in march/april.good luck MR JOHN."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2007

loved it once again

"This is me and my partners second stay at the halomy, loved it once again, even though my flight in was delayed by four hours and when I did arrive (1:30am local) dehydrated and tired there was no water in my fridge in my room and when I reported it to reception it was like trying to comunicate with manuell from faulty towers.
The first couple of days of staying there were a bit so so, ie loud repetetive pool music , this was due to there being a cover general manager on, when Mr Hafiz (the regular general manager) turned up the hotel changed over night, if you do have a problem while staying ie with staff or any other problem Mr Hafiz is your man his english is very good and he is a pleasant mild mannered guy and best of all he gets things done.
Once again I have to give Mohamed massage a mention, if you do stay here and you have the pleasure of meeting him tell him that the boss is looking for him and if you are a catherine tate his responce will have you in stitches.
All in all the stay was great and really enjoyed the holiday and look forward to returning again in october hopefuly with our friends we made there during our first stay at halomy."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of April 2007

the best view of the whole bay

"Me and my boyfriend got back from Halomy on 26.04.07 and had the best time, the view is second to none. Wish we were still there. You couldnt fault the service of the staff very friendly. Say hi to mohamed shisha and massage. The rooms are good but basic. Easy access to the beach and town. We are returning next year!!"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of April 2007

Perfect Holiday, Can't wait to go back!

"I was absolutely delighted with my stay at the Halomy Hotel. I was there with my two teenage sons all inclusive for 7 nights 16th April 2007 to 23rd Aprill 2007.

The Location-
It is in THE perfect location for a holiday in Sharm.
A stroll past the pool down one set of steps to quiet private beach, where you can step easily into the crystal clear warm waters of the Red Sea and you will see as much life here as any other dive site in the area. We took a boat trip out to Tiran Island to do some snorkling, which was great fun but, it is much more relaxed and we saw far more fish and life at the hotels own private reef.

A stroll past the pool down the other steps takes you down into Naama Bay itself, a very easy pleasent walk to all the shops, restaurants and night life.
At the bottom of the steps you'll meet 'Jimmy' he is an exceptionally pleasent charater who can arrange your boat trips, Quad bikes or anything else you want. We paid jimmy £13 each for our day trip to Tiran island which included unlimited soft drinks and lunch. we talked to others from other big hotels who were paying £30 each for the same trip.

Because the hotel is on a hill, the views are outstanding in all directions.

The Food-
No complaints at all about any of the food. It was always presented well. A really good variety every day and it all tasted excellent. My teenage son is a fussy eater at home, but he ate loads more on holiday than usual (says a lot for my cooking!). Honestly the food is great. We were all inclusive and really enjoyed every meal. They do put out a lot of the same type of food i.e. fish, beef, chicken, rice, potato, pasta, salad, loads of cakes fresh fruit. If you pile everything on your plate every meal, then yes you'll get fed up of the same stuff. Take your time, have a good look round and decide yourself what type meal you would like. It is up to you to mix and match to get whatever variety you want. The quality of the food is fantastc and they are very proud chefs eager for you to try their work.

The Room-
The room was fairly basic, but, very comfortable with all the usual stuff like balcony, TV, air con etc. We had three single beds in our room which was great (me and my two teenage sons). The room was cleaned and tidied every day. It was always a thrill to return to the room to see what masterpeice the staff had made out of the fresh towels, we had flowers, love hearts, swans. I know it's daft but it was good fun.
Our Air con stopped working one night when we got in at 1am, I mentioned it to reception and an engineer was there to fix it in less than 2 mins, which did, quickly and quietly.

The Staff-
All the staff were exceptional. They are a proud people. They are all happy and proud of the jobs that they do and want you to enjoy your holiday. Each and every one will go way out of their way to make you happy. Always with a smile and a joke.

The whole holiday was fantastic, I can't wait to go back. There is a large building getting built next door, which is all part of the Halomy. I just hope when it is finished that the prices don't go up too much. I spoke to people who'd been at the Halomy twice or three times before. It seems once you go there you'll definately want to go back."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of April 2007

Will definitely return!

"I stayed at Halomy last month (got back March 19th CRY CRY) and loved it. The view is second to none; the snorkelling FANTASTIC. The rooms on the other hand...basic, but clean. I changed rooms mid-stay (one with a view of the bay became available). The bathroom in the first room, however, was bigger. In the second, it was so small I had to step outside to change my mind! That being said, try your damnedest to get a room in the 100 or 200 block as they face the bay. If you don't, you'll be stuck staring at the wall of the room next to you, or some random passageway. I guess there are 'garden views' too, but trust me, the 100 block! Even if it means greasing some palms. :)

All Inclusive:
I definitely wouldn't do this unless I got a really good bargain. Breakfast was superb, but dinner was not my cup of tea the two nights I did the buffet. I am not a picky eater, but I found myself more looking forward to the dessert selection than anything else. Go bed and breakfast, and eat in town.

Staff, including the front desk, are friendly though they never did manage to get a copy of my passport the whole time I was there (4 days). The machine was broken or something. After day 2, I just retrieved my passport, told them I'd make a copy in town and bring it to them. I never quite got around to it.

From what I was quoted by a few drivers and hotel staff, a taxi from the hotel to the airport SHOULD cost 40-50LE, however if you book it through Halomy's reception desk upon departure, the taxi will run you approx. 100LE. My suggestion if you're not burdened with luggage would be to just walk down the stairs and hail a taxi. This can be done at any hour. Another alternative would be to take the cell phone number of one or two taxi drivers that you've taken in your first few days there, and found to be reliable and honest. That way, an affordable ride is just a call away and you can make all arrangements yourself. As an aside, taxis FROM the airport usually cost more (in most cases LOTS more) because they have a captive audience. Try to pre-arrange this with the hotel or ...someone. Taxi drivers at the airport would rather see you walk (tons of luggage and/or kids in tow) than bargain. They know you're eager to start your holiday, and that the airport is the last place you want to be.

The only show I saw was the Pharaonic(??) show (every Thursday I think), which was just ok in my opinion. The dancers ranged from uninspired to taking themselves entirely too seriously. Only about 1/2 of the people were left at the end of it. Food, once again, was 'ok'. The best part of the show was the audience participation. People really got involved and had fun so if you've got nothing else planned and you're up for some laughs, then this is definitely the ticket.

The Steps:
If you're even reasonably fit, the steps into town aren't anywhere near as bad as some people make them out to be. The ones down to the water are longer and even they aren't horrible if you take your time. There are benches along the way, though I never actually saw anyone use them. Be careful though; the steps aren't evenly paved. The pathways between the rooms can also be better lit at night. You definitely don't want to go drink-crazy in town and have to navigate the paths around the perimeter-rooms after dark.

May annoy:
The internet cafe wasn't open ONCE in the 4 days I was there. No one seemed to care though. Everyone was too busy in the water.

Last Tip:
There is a mini mart on the hotel grounds. If you're a beer drinker, get your beer here. They cost 8LE. The hotel charges 15-20LE for a can of Stella. The guy in there said no one ever thinks to go there to get beer. Heck, I didn't until the second to last day!

I definitely plan to go back next year. I like Halomy's coziness and did I mention the view?! There's a massive hotel going up next door which I was told will also be Halomy's. The views from some of those rooms will be unbelievable. I can't wait. I expect they'll cost much more than the old wing but they'll be worth it.

I've attached a few photos - none of the rooms, sorry.

Travel well,

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

best holiday ever

"the 1st time we went 2 egypt, wont be our last, especially at the halomy hotel. we couldnt pick a single fault with anything especially
the waiters n bar staff, as 1 of the bar staff was called michael, we
thought he was fantastic,n helped us in any way he could..the hotel has fantastic views, also a small private beach, were we went snorkelling n the fish are unbelievable. the are a few steps down into nama bay ( 113 in all)..shops and markets are great, just got to
learn to say NO...dont fall for there tricks about buisness cards and
signing guest books, we found the best time to shop was late dinner or tea time as u dont get pestered as much. all in all the holiday was fantastic and we will go again...if u do go to the halmony hotel and see michael say hello to him from us ( craig n lisa) and make sure he stll wearing his watch we gave him haha...."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

Great Place!

"We visited this hotel in February for 2 weeks and after reading mixed reviews went there not expecting much. First impressions were not fantastic especially after driving past some other amazing looking hotels, but after just a few days we realised what a great hotel it really was. The location is 10 out of 10, it is situated at the end of the bay on a cliff top which gives brilliant views over Naama Bay. It has its own private beach with fantastic snorkelling in a small reef and has the bonus of being a small hotel with only 70 rooms and we quickly got to know all the staff who had some great advice and helped us out alot.

Despite being at the end of the bay it is at the right end which means a 5 minute walk down the steps and into town and you are in the middle of all the entertainment which was a big plus for us as we were only b&b (all inclusive not recommended!) and ended up going out for lunch and dinner everyday, the steps are not as big a deal as some people make out (im a smoker and i coped fine) plus they have benches on the way up to rest on and enjoy the views.

It really is a good hotel with very friendly staff and ideal for those travelling on a budget, as long as you remember it is a 3 star you wont be dissapointed!

btw.. for those getting a taxi from the airport it is pronounced haloumi - like the cheese (we caused a lot of confusion not knowing this!)"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of March 2007

2nd stay and will return

"Stayed at the Halomy for the second time with the same friends and we all would go back again. Yes the place needs a face lift but you would pay a fortune for that view if the hotel was in the South of France.

The staff were great, it was my 50th birthday whilst we were there and they made me the biggest sweetest cake you could wish for.

The night of my birthday there was a show in the hotel and they made a real fuss of me, even the belly dancer danced for me, my husbands eye nearly fell out of his head - it was a really good night.

I will go back and hope that it hasn't changed too much."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of March 2007

Good Hotel

"My boyfriend and I stayed here in June 06 for 10 nights half board and it was ideal. As its on the hillside there are steep steps down into Naama Bay town but this was fine for us - maybe not the best for those not too good on their feet....or if your shoe breaks and you have to tackle them twice!! Hotel faciltlies were fine, reception were helpful....even when I lost the key. Lovely pool and nice little private 'beach' with some fantastic snorkelling. You have a nice view over Naama Bay which seems to never sleep whilst being far enough away to not be disturbed by it. Food was also good. Would go back."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of February 2007

not a good hotel

"Just came back home after spending 10 nights at this hotel and all I can say is do not go and stay at this hotel its that bad the rooms are dirty the towels are like floor cloths the food is the same every day the pool has tiles missing and a few people had cut feet the air com in the rooms keeps you a wake its like sleeping on a building yard so loud its not a 3 star its a no star the drinks are warm and local cheap spirit the manager was not helpful the staff was all very nice and worked so hard. "

• Travel date: Fri 11th of October 2013

Not as advertised. Disgusting!

"Completely mislead by the photos on the internet. This hotel is filthy, the room we stayed in had a broken mixer tap, the sink leaked, bed was nailed together, unit was falling off the wall, the water was brown, bedding not changed in 2 weeks, no cleaning done at all! Had to tip just to get clean towels and a loo roll!!
Food shocking- reheated constantly throughout the day then served up the day after as well! Cockroaches in dining room, leftover food put with 'fresh'. Both my husband and I ended up ill for 4 days. Pool dirty, rubbish all over, mice and cats everywhere!
Would not ever go back if I were paid to. AVOID!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of September 2012

Hotels near Halomy Hotel

Stayed at Halomy Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Halomy Hotel

• lawzie by lawzie

"our favourite bar was Cafe Zero they were all great. always dancing and the Camel bar for football!! "

• colin52 by colin52

"Tandoori at the Camel dive bar ( next to Pommadoro ) "

• Sunlover01 by Sunlover01

"Great place to go, great weather guaranteed! "

• annal1sa by annal1sa

"no other experience will match it "

• annal1sa by annal1sa

"Water sports was great (snorkling), all food was good "

• S Mulholland by S Mulholland

"We took the fll day luxary yacht tour for snorkelling and it was fantastic. "

• kinnear by kinnear

"scuba diving. the hard rock cafe. The tavern bar was lovely. "

• Himu by Himu

"Sharm El Sheikh is amazing "

• Jill S by Jill S

"just do not go to this hotel "

Halomy Hotel is also called