Good
Good

Great Holiday

Reviewed Mon 20th of April 2015

"We have just returned as a family of five from the Grand Rotana. It was a wonderful stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We were immediately upgraded to a sea view next to the facilities and with access to all the extra restaurants. Two of us experienced diving and they were so helpful - especially to my husband who had an allergic reaction when he dived in Mauritius. They even helped my 9 year old snorkel free of charge -getting in the sea with her. Ahmad reserved us 5 sun beds next to the sea for us and cleaned up my son's foot when he cut it on some corals. He was so helpful. Everything was included in the All Inclusive and my children had endless drinks. A truly, relaxing holiday and I thoroughly recommend The Grand Rotana."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of April 2015

a quiet, clean friendly resort

Reviewed Wed 8th of August 2012

"i have returned from Grand Rotana after spending two weeks with my 15 year old daughter.
On arrival, we were upgraded as they said it was our first visit here....we were given a sea view double room....plenty of room, lovely view and it was cleaned daily with fresh towels and linen.

We were ultra all inclusive (which makes a difference to just inclusive)...there were 4 palces to eat.. a buffet, a pizza/pasta resturant, Silk Road...this serves chinese, indian and thai, and a grill bar which served fresh fish, chicken, lamb etc.Each day we had a different meal, many to order as we are quite fussy!! Every meal was lovely. Drinks all day including bottled water and canned coke and fanta as well as the alcoholic usuals.

Each morning i was by the pool by 7.30 am..noone else came till around 10 am...even throughout the day there was a choice of sun loungers around the pool and by the beach.

Staff are very freindly, no hassle from the excursion staff, knowledgable pharamist, who we saw a few times and treated us immediatly(heat rash and blisters on lips, from the sun!!)...limited entertainment at night....bellydancers, saxophonist and guitarist.

if you like a peaceful break which is not full of people then this is a MUST.

Im hoping to go back at christmas with my husband and both children."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2012

CONTRACTED BACTERIAL DISEASE!! DONT GO!

Reviewed Tue 25th of August 2009

"My husband and I stayed at the Grand Sharm looking for a relaxing cheap get away in the sun (£994 for 2 people with Teletext Holidays).

We are in our mid 20’s, fit and healthy and probably only catch the odd cold once every 3 years!

Unfortunately after 4 days my husband became violently ill and I followed with sickness on the 6th day of our holiday. We suffered from severe stomach cramps, diarrhoea, fever and vomiting.

On return to the UK, our local GP sent stool samples to the lab and discovered we had Shigella (Bacterial disease closing related to E Coli and Salmonella). On return the National Health also wanted to confirm we did not work in the care or catering industry for fear of infecting others, if this was the case we would have been unable to work.

We did not go outside the Grand Sharm Hotel at any point during the duration of our time in Eygpt so we contracted the bacteria through food, hygiene & sanitation at the Grand Sharm. We brushed our teeth with bottled water (as advised by our Rep) and even used bacterial hand gel we had brought with us throughout the day, however we both became very unwell (along with other people staying in the Hotel) due to the food & general hygiene at the Grand Sharm.

Even after a month of returning home we are still not 100%, however have been advised we should expect a full recovery within the next few months.

In regards to the Hotel itself, the food was predominately all Buffet and the A’La Carte restaurants seemed to just serve the buffet food on a plate and call it “al a carte”! The staff (especially cleaners) however were all very friendly and helpful and couldn’t do enough for us.

We did however have problems with the extra services the Hotel provide (ie: Massage) which are at an extra cost. On our first day, we were “sold” massages while we were sunbathing and when we advised we didn’t have any cash on us, we were assured by the “Salesman” we could put the costs to our room and pay with a credit card on check-out. This however was not true and we were advised (after the massages) by Management we had been lied to, to get “the sale” and that they are a seperate company that work onsite at the Hotel so we must pay in cash! As we didnt have any cash on us, we were told we must travel to Sharm El Shake town and go to the Bank!! After a lot of back and forth conversations (also involving our Rep who spoke hardly any English) they finally agreed we could put the money (as originally agreed) on our card as we did not feel comfortable (especially when bed/toilet ridden with sickness) taking a public bus into the town to give them cash . Management/Reception knew this was a scam that was regularly used in the Hotel however seemed to try and distance themselves from the problem!!

UNLESS YOU WANT SHIGELLA (E COLI OR SALMONELLA) OR TO BE HARRASED BY SALES PEOPLE WE WOULD ADVISE NOT GOING TO THIS HOTEL. WE WILL CERTAINLY NOT BE RETURNING TO EYGPT AGAIN!

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of August 2009

this was our 6th visit to sharm but our...

Reviewed Mon 31st of March 2008

"this was our 6th visit to sharm but our first to the grand rotana. we normally stay at the hyatt. on landing we expected a complimentary limo to pick us up as stated on our confirmation. no-one came and it took 5 phone calls to get someone to collect us and then they wanted to charge us 100le. we upgraded to the rotana club as the description sounded similar to what we were used to. how wrong we were.the room was good, servicing the room wasn't . two nights in a row we got back to find no clean towels. we called housekeeping four times and the club reception twice but it was still two hours before we got any and by that time the complimentary drinks and snacks had finished. also asked for ice and never recieved any.also serious lack of space for clothes. one single wardrobe ,no drawers.room wasn't cleaned properly. i'd left some open sugar wrappers on the tea tray, they stayed there for three days. biggest problem is sunbeds. you can't get a decent sun lounger unless you get up at silly o'clock. we got up at 4am at one stage. people were actually having to lay on the grass near the lido as they couldn't get a space round the pool. the pool and jacuzzi were lovely and clean.
went to silk road once. my other half is an award winning chef so we're both particular about our food. it was just okay. the sky lounge was excellent and the belly dancer was lovely(and russian).you can get draught lager here(the coldest beer on the entire resort).
the one person who stood out for me was mohamed at the pool bar. his charm and cheeky smile really lifted our spirits.
i would also like to say check your bill. we were charged room tax of 24% twice this would've added an extra £560.00 onto our holiday. really confusing when changing usd into le but we're glad we checked. they did sort it out eventually.
as far as we are concerned, the view and grounds are lovely but the service standards and food are not. this is not a five ***** hotel its a three and a half at most. we would never go back to this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of March 2008

My wife and I have just returned from ou...

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2007

"My wife and I have just returned from our best holiday yet, we booked through Longwood holidays and have to say our rep Maxine was great. When we arrived our room was not ready and we had to wait quite a while, plus there was a mix up with a meal. When we told our rep the next day, she spoke to the manager and quickly sorted it all out. The result was a room upgrade and a complimentary meal.

From then on everybody was helpful and very friendly. The hotel and complex is fantastic, the food was very good with a selection of restaurants, including Italian and Chinese. We found the hotel to be clean and the staff friendly. The infinity pool is a must for warm water and good views.

If you go into Nama Bay, try asking at reception for their limo service (S class Merc) we paid £5, approx £50 Egyptian.

Two great places to eat out are: The 'Camel hotel' restaurant where you can sit outside by the main street and watch the world go by and a place called 'On the deck' you literally sit on a timber decking which is elevated over the water. The water is lit up at night so you can see hundreds of fish swimming around while you eat. The food and service is great at both places.

I would definitely go back to the Grand Rotana hotel.

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

I went here with my boyfriend for my 21s...

Reviewed Thu 4th of October 2007

"I went here with my boyfriend for my 21st, was my best holiday so far. Hotel was lovely, didn’t shift a finger the all time was there. Staff were friendly, hotel was constantly cleaned. Had a birthday cake in room on arrival.

Massive hotel - hairdressers, shops, 3 floors with different type foods on each floor – Chinese, Indian, Italian, and Egyptian buffet all were nice. Complimentary bus every evening to and from Naama Bay - put name down in hotel.

Only bad experience was had a milkshake at side of pool and gave me a bad stomach for a day.

• Travel date: Thu 4th of October 2007

Wonderful holiday, excellent hotel, faci...

Reviewed Mon 19th of February 2007

"Wonderful holiday, excellent hotel, facilities, rooms, food and staff all 5-star plus.

Would definitely go again, peaceful surroundings and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Avoid using the Bedouin taxis, or agree a price outside the car from Sharks Bay to town should be no more than £5 or 35 Egyptian!

Hard Rock Cafe in Naama is fantastic, great food, floor-show and atmosphere at great prices.

Silk Road and Mezzaluna restaurants in Rotana are top class with tasty food and good discreet service, though the alcohol prices are quite dear.

Excellent experience all round."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of February 2007

This hotel definitely deserved five star...

Reviewed Wed 14th of February 2007

"This hotel definitely deserved five stars. It was beautiful, clean and had the most charming staff throughout.

Our bedroom on the second floor had good views of the pool and sea and was reasonably well managed. We always had replacement towels and sheets but sometimes the smaller replacements like shampoo were overlooked.

The staff overall try so hard to please that it is difficult to remember that they may not necessarily speak as good English as you would think.

The downside for us on this holiday was that there were a lot of steps to get down to the sea and although there is plenty of seating overlooking the sea, it is not easy for the less nimble to swim - you have to walk into the sea on a pontoon to swim but if you do this.

The sea is very clean and there are loads of fish to see if you snorkel. Watch out for El Sayed, he is one of the beach assistants whose job it is to come and clean your sunglasses for free three times a day. Very five stars.

We found the food good though paid pretty much English prices for it however; there is a free shuttle bus from the hotel into Naama Bay (takes about ten minutes) where the food is good and often very inexpensive.

We had problems with the water in our room, it was absolutely scalding but after reporting it to the management, the maintenance men were already sorting it out before we had even returned to our room.

Overall, this was a luxury holiday with excellent weather at a very reasonable price and we would go back."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of February 2007

I have just returned, literally, from th...

Reviewed Fri 15th of December 2006

"I have just returned, literally, from the Grand Rotana and feel completely refreshed and relaxed - what a lovely hotel.

The staff could not have been more courteous and happy to be of service. The views from my immaculate room were absolutely stunning. The swimming pool (although cold) was clean and there was plenty of space to relax and unwind with gentle background music i.e. no clubbing beats blaring out.

The beach was beautiful and again, clean, tidy and plenty of choice of location to settle in for the day. My only complaint with regards to the food would be that the lobster I ordered from the beach bar was not cooked properly however, this was easily rectified with the minimum of fuss.

Having travelled to Sharm alone, I felt completely secure within the hotel and did not feel that I was unnecessarily hassled nor did I feel intimidated by the local men who all seemed to be well mannered and professional - in all areas of the hotel including the bars and the nightclub! "

• Travel date: Fri 15th of December 2006

Me my mum and big sister stayed at this...

Reviewed Mon 19th of June 2006

"Me my mum and big sister stayed at this luxurious hotel at May 26th - June 5th, I can honestly say after lot of places I have been to this is the 2nd best place the 1st best would be Azia Beach Hotel it was just PREFECT! My big bro meet a girl of girls aloud! And he got her mobile number

The Hotel:
When we got there we were upgraded to a sea view front, and had been greeted nicely and got cold flannels and a glass of wine or something.

Then we went in this golf caddy or something to out room and got shown around everywhere.

Good points: Excellent views, nice people, lots of choice of breakfasts, lovely bedrooms nice and big nice bedrooms but didn’t like the bit where you could see into. It was VERY CHEAP!!

Bad points: stones for sand, the pool were freezing and there was suppose to be a steam room a sauna it was either being made or knocked down. And loads of scary people. And load of Muhammad. The worst place was Namma Bay, horrible place where you can’t go 5 steps without being stopped. Had something wrong with food or water gave bad stomachs to me, mum and sister

Very Nice:
The rooms were VERY modern and very nice have took loads and loads of pictures.

Food:
Best thing it was very CHEAP! A massive (Absolutely) plate of chips for 15.00 Egyptian pounds - only £1.50 but took about 20minutes to make! You could order anything there were all types of drinks and food. Nice restraints at buffet different styles of foods every night.

Night Time:

Was very entertaining at 10pm we went to the amphitheatre where they had very funny things on there was more entertainment at the roof bar where there was belly dancing and some smoke things.

I would return to the Grand Rotana anytime when the sauna or steam room would be finished.

We will recommend the Hotel.

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

We were not impressed with this resort....

Reviewed Mon 12th of June 2006

"We were not impressed with this resort.

Good points: Nice views, clean pool area, ok breakfast.

Bad points: Beach is sharp stones. Almost No hot water for bath. Toilets would not flush, Rooms not clean, lots of steps and uphill trekking. Pool was ice cold so only for looks, diving was not prepared for guests.

Resort shuttle bus failed to pick us up at the given time/location, He said he left 10 min early thinking no one was coming? Tried to charge our resort room for items that were not ours! The tackiness of the most staff took away from our enjoyment. The men always have their hand out for tips and once you pay one well you will never be left alone.

We will not recommend the not-so- Grand Rotana.

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

My husband & I stayed at this luxurious...

Reviewed Tue 11th of April 2006

"My husband & I stayed at this luxurious hotel in October 2005, I can honestly say that after 6 trips to Sharm in the past 2 years Rotana Grand is the most impressive hotel.

Leather everything, amazing rooms with excellent views of the pool or the beach.

We stayed before the hotel was officially opened i.e. had their grand opening in Nov 05 so the resort was quiet and at times we were on our own at the pool and for breakfast..

So little atmosphere, however I did say I would love to return when they are fully open and I am in May 2006. I am excited to see everything finished and open and really look forward to my 7th stay in Sharm. This is the only hotel I have returned to more than once...as I like to try different ones, have tried:

The Savoy, The Hyatt, The Domina, Hitlon Waterfalls, Grand Rotana & Pyramids, but Grand Rotana is by far the most impressive resort."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of April 2006

Hotels near Grand Rotana Resort & Spa

Top traveller tips for Grand Rotana Resort & Spa

• lhynes by lhynes

"change your money ther, much better rate "

Grand Rotana Resort & Spa is also called