Grand Oasis Resort Managed by Look Hotels International

Shark's Bay , About 300 Meters From Soho Square , 226 , Sharm El Sheikh , Egypt , Africa

A Happy Winter Holiday

Good

"All-inclusive holiday for 12days. Hotel staff were all friendly and welcoming throughout the holiday. The Animations team who organised activities around the pool particularly stood out. They had shows every night including fire eaters and audience participation shows. Therewas also a childrens club. Rooms were cleaned every day to a very high standard. It was always interesting to come up from the poolside in the afternoon and see what shape the towels had been made into. Managers took the time to speak to guests around the poolside. The A La Carte restaurants were delicious although only 3 were open due to it being quiet after New Year. The New Years Eve Party was amazing, would recommend anybody to go at this time of year.

The hotel is 5-10 minutes from the airport and right on the seafront. The surrounding Soho area has differen themed nights as well as a variety of bars, shops an outdoor areas only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The nearest town of Nama Bay was also only 15 minutes away by taxi although prepare to be blagged by every single person to buy their items and sit in their bar!

We chose this hotel as it was on a last minute deal and seemed great value for money. I dont think we could have picked a better hote for the price we paid.

There would only be 2 complaints, whilst by the pool people come round from the health centre selling massages but after 5/6 times of saying no they take the hint. The upstairs restaurant layed out a buffett spread every night. The food here was okay but after 12days of the same food every day at breakfast, dinner and tea it became alittle boring."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of January 2011

A Bit Too Russian

"I'm an Aussie living in the UK and visited the AA Grand Oasis over the xmas period. I'm just going to give an honest/experienced review.

a.) It's cheap, so that's great.
b.) Same food everyday, food made me feel sick. All the food we ate was wet Eastern European food. Chicken .. wet. Fish... wet.. I give the food a 1/10.
c.) Be prepared to be harassed by salesman selling massages poolside. They are quite rude and pushy, i'm disgusted that the hotel would allow them to do this.

Wouldn't recommend but not the worst experience of my life."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of January 2011

Wow

"Been there over x´mas and we all had wonderful time.
Hotel staff had catered for everyone, starting from the little ones not leaving out my grandparents.
X´mas lunch was very good, considering number of guests and different nationalities they must cater for.
And the New year´s party was just perfect.
We all had great time, pool was bit chilly................
Would like to thank all the hotel staff for making our holiday soo special."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of January 2011

Food wasn't great, but hotel and staff lovely

Good

"My partner and I were at the AA for christmas and although apprehensive at first with regards to everything we had read on here, i can safely say the hotel was lovely. The staff went out of their way to be helpful.

Food wasn't great but we didn't try any of the a la carte restaurants as we were both ill and didn't feel up to anything.

The only downside to the hotel were some of the rooms were on the pool side and every night there were shows at the pool bar that were quite loud, but I guess when you are on holiday normally you are out with the crowd so if we hadn't been unwell we wouldn't have noticed it."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of January 2011

Nice hotel with friendly staff

"I was worried as the hotel had changed management but you can see that they want the hotel to improve and see changes to help every day. The rooms may be tired and need updating but they are clean and comfortable. The food is what you expect in Egypt but there is enough choice and there is the option of the A La Carte restaurants, the Italian I would highly recommended! It was a shame that we could not go snorkelling in the sea because of the sharks but we understand it was for safety reasons so we made do with the pool. The staff are really friendly and helpful and work hard, they can't do enough for you!! The gardens are beautiful with lots of pretty flowers, the housekeeper for my room left one in my room every day!! We enjoyed our holiday and would definately go back."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of December 2010

Nice place, average food

Good

"I stayed at this hotel for 3 days. It looks very nice inside out, but there are a few things that bugged me:
1. It was directed to Russians, so everything, including the evening programs were in Russian and we did not understand much
2. Having windows to courtyard and pool direction, meant poor sleep quality if you wanted to sleep before 1 AM.
3. The food was really average or even worse, plus when the restaurant gates opened, everyone ran inside acting grabbing food like animals on feeding time.

In general the hotel was nice, just the people and food dissapointed me."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of November 2010

2 star hotel, rude abusive receptionists, bad food

"Just returned from this 2 star hotel at best, no way is it 4 star. cleaning and bar staff are nice but reception staff are awful, not helpful, rude and on last day try to con you for extras by quoting prices in american dollars not egyptian pounds like everything else. If that wasn't enough they use security to intimidate you and then try and make you feel guilty. Absolutely shocking food, I am still ill 3 days after returning home. It is advertised as having 4 restaurants but you have to que every morning to get anything other than the main restaurant. Despite queing nearly every day we only managed to have 2 meals outside the main restaurant. That said the reef snorkling is very good and you are close to the airport. Strongly recommend staying somewhere else unless you want abuse and the runs."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of November 2010

A great holiday

Good

"We really enjoyed our time at the Grand Oasis. The staff, particularly Mohammed in the restaurant, were great. I know others have complained about the hotel recently changing hands, but this is a 365 day operation. When can they do the work required to change the hotel over from a Tropicana to an AA? Needs to be done during the day, so there's a bit of noise. Ok, that's the downside. Food is great, particularly in the Italian restaurant. Pools are excellent, beach area lovely.. Entertainment is fine, not brilliant. Staff are hugely helpful. All of them. We were one of the very few UK families in the hotel. Most of the remainder were Russian. Whilst most were probably lovely, there were certainly a few who were frighteningly rude to the staff. I was appalled by some of the behaviour. I'm sure the hotel will get better and better with the new owners in place. Can't say the same for the guests."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2010

lovely holiday.....hotel on the way up!

"Just checked this sight regarding the AA Grand Oasis, where my husband and I have just returned from after one week of staying there. We did not know it was being taking over on arrival. We arrived on the 6th October after booking the holiday 5 days pior to this. When we arrived it was quiet but soon realised the hotel was different as the name of the hotel was different and the staff seemed pretty stressed out and didn't quite know what was going on. We managed to get checked in and got into our room and within the next 5 minutes our suitcase arrived so we could settle in and get unpacked. We then took a look around then at 7 went for a meal, the restaurant being very busy but this was a nice atmosphere with lots going on, we clearly weren't the only new arrivals. As the days went on you could see the improvements going on around us, with the gardens getting tidied up, food improving on quality and the service was getting much better as the staff had settle in much more, becoming much fiendly and pleasant, We couldn't fault the pool area it was nice and clean, just what you want, rooms may have been dated but cleaned everyday and the room i just really used for night times to sleep in so for their needs they were ideal. Location couldn't have been better just 5 minutes from Soho Square it meant we could just walk there. The only problem was the Russian influence on the hotel obviously to meet the entertainment needs of the high Russian tourists at this hotel, it would have been nicer to have more traditional African themes to the overall hotels entertainment. Some Russian holiday makers didn't have many mannors where they don't que but no other problems apart from that. I would definatelty go back to this up and coming hotel and seeing such a big improvement in the week we were there I can see this hotels prces going up. I think the holiday is only as good as you make it."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of October 2010

Myself and my wife have just stormed home...

"Myself and my wife have just stormed home from this hotel,we were Advised it was 4* at this moment in time I wouldn't give it a 3* rating ,The rooms are cleaned daily but are very tired and in need of decorating and our bathroom sink leaked for our stay even though maintenance had repaired it.

The fitness room sauna and snack bar are not open and the free shuttle bus to naama bay is 10€ per person , the staff are tying there best but the hotel cannot be turned around over night.

The hotel is under new management as of October 1st and I would strongly recommend leaving it for a few months to be renovated,I managed 3 days at the hotel but asked to be moved to another hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of October 2010

Shocking

"Brown water in the bath/shower. Terrible food recycled and reheated swill. I spent one morning working my way through the "cocktails" and was sober after drinking them. How can you have locally produced alcohol in a Muslim country? Complete con. Never seen 5 star. The worst thing was the queue every day for the doctor, mainly consisting of kitchen staff in full uniform. This was our first and last visit to the Russian outpost in the Middle East, Egypt. Avoid avoid avoid."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of March 2015

room very basic but clean

"We stayed in Grand Oasis 14th September/28th 2011 location fine for quiet holiday, staff pleasant and helpful. Room basic but clean, bath had no stopper water brown at times,but no explanation offered.There were more superior rooms, appeared to be allocated to chosen few. Bed linen changed regularly, was however disappointed there was no kettle as advertised.
I became unwell two days into holiday, without going into detail I frequently had to survive on bread and water and was charged for phone calls to pharmacy and Rep! was perfectly well on arrival, after I had eaten a few meals and I was careful it w
as all downhill had to make do with just looking at the food!
The hotel was filled with Russians everywhere and alot of ladies were very scantily dressed.
Would not go back as experience with what happened re eating so early in holiday has put me off big time!!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of September 2011

Hotels near Grand Oasis Resort Managed by Look Hotels International

Stayed at Grand Oasis Resort Managed by Look Hotels International? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Grand Oasis Resort Managed by Look Hotels International

• Maz by Maz

"Good all round holiday "

• crutches by crutches

"do not go under any circumstances "

• hugo by hugo

"tables and chairs area around the pool, nearer toilets by the poolside. "

• Angie babe by Angie babe

"With food being my problem difficult to make suggestion as eating is so important "

Grand Oasis Resort Managed by Look Hotels International is also called