Ghazala Gardens Hotel

El Salam Street Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

What a fantastic pool

Good

"We have just returned from a two week stay at Ghazala Gardens.This has got to be the best pool I have ever seen anywhere. It meanders around the complex and is absolutely brilliant. Never deeper than 1.6 Mtrs, you're never out of your depth but it's always deep enough to swim. There are always staff cleaning something somewhere. Our room was spotless. Extremely disappointed with the All Inclusive food. Poor quality food prepared and presented in similar fashion. "Show Cooking" was cooking on hotplates or keeping food warm behind a counter, and then tossing it into a stoneware dish to go cold. Do not take cold food out of one of these dishes. Insist on having it direct from the hotplate and you'll get it. Lunch at the Island Bar and salad at the Italian were excellent but repetative. Air Con only worked for three days out of fourteen and then only managed to get room temp down to 26 Deg, this was after being repaired. With the exception of some of the restaurant serving staff I foung everyone else very friendly and helpful, whether they were up for a tip or not. Having read reviews complaining about small glasses for drinks I personally thought they were okay. Drinks on the beach at Ghazala Beach Hotel were however in very small plastic cups. Food is not provided on a reciprocal basis at the Ghazala Beach so don't bother checking where to get it. If you don't want to wait for the Operators Transport, a taxi is only 40 LE (£4) from the airport but negotiate it before you get in. Overall I thought this was an extremely attractive and clean hotel that was sadly let down but the abysmal quality of the food."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

Good Holiday- Shame about the Food.

Good

"We have just returned after seven days at the Ghazala Gardens. The hotel is very impressive and the gardens and pool area outstanding. Staff were all very friendly and helpful with or with out tipping. Our room was very impressive. We were given a 'suite' which contained a kingsize bed , two singles and a sofa-bed (even though there was only three of us). The room was nearly twice the size of a normal room and had a double balcony. Entertainment was ok, but we tended to go out into Naama Bay in the evenings (which was just across the road). Allinclusive drinks were ok and you had a good choice, but were served in numerous different shaped glasses (tumblers, wine glasses, brandy glasses, mugs ) regardless of what was in them.The only gripe we had about this hotel was the food (breakfast and evening meal). The food was very repetetive and the variety poor. We had previously stayed at the Tropicana Garden Palms and found the food there 100% better. It was a real shame that the food let the hotel down as otherwise we would have given it 5/5."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007

Lovely Hotel - Great Location !

Good

"We stayed at the Ghazala Gardens for 1 week from 20th May and the weather was fFANTASTIC,not a clound in the sky and very,very hot,in the 40's.It didn't cool down much at night either !.Rooms are cleaned daily and a decent size,the bathroom could do with a refurb,but it was clean.The room had a double bed,tv,safe and most important air conditioning!.It also had mosquitos,no matter what we did,the pests kept coming,so be sure to take a mozzy plug and repelant !.The pool area was great,with the pool flowing through the well kept grounds,but be sure to rise early for a sunbed !.The private beach at the Ghazala Beach hotel,directly across the road was great too,a nice beach area and the sea was lovely and warm with fantastic snorkelling.The food was ok,as with all All Inclusives,it did get repetative and the choice wasn't great,but we always found something to eat.There's an abundance of bars/restaurants and shops approx 2 min walk away,but be prepared to be hassled by the locals,a polite "no thanks" often works !!. All in all,we had a nice relaxing holiday at the Ghazala and would go back for it's location. Enjoy !!"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Be Warned!

"We have just returned from this hotel and will start by saying that it is a lovely, clean, well kept hotel.
However, if you are going all inclusive - Be Warned - The brochures say 'unlimited supplies' but this hotel rations everything including the water.
Everything from water, to soft drinks to beer, is served in plastic mixer size glasses and even then, they are only half full.
We were given 1 bottle of water every two days for brushing our teeth. they do sell bottles of water for 12 egyptian pounds, the same bottles can be brought across the road in the small supermarket for 2 ep's.
They have chefs lovingly carving the meat at mealtimes but they dish it up in 50p size pieces. and if like me you are vegetarian. the pizzas and chips served through the day are great.
Also funnily enough, the credit card machine was never working. Everybody on the plane coming home was covered in mozzie bites and had pharoahs revenge. Take something stronger than dio calm because it doesnt touch it!!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of June 2007

Cant wait to go back!

"After reading quite a few good reviews of this hotel we were really looking forward to going to Egypt and we werent dissapointed. When we arrived we were told to leave our luggage outside while we went to check in, we were seen to really quickly even though there were a lot of people arriving. After we got our room numbers we went to get something to eat as they had laid a buffet on for the new arrivals, we were told that our luggage would be brought to the rooms by the hotel staff.
The rooms are very clean and a fair size, we were in 1120 which was in the corner of the first building, the great thing about it was that it never got much sun so the room was always cool no matter what time of day. Bathroom was nice and actually had a shower that worked like a power shower! TV in the room with a few english channels which was good to stick on while you were getting ready to go out. We were given a free bottle of mineral water every other day and you coudl get glasses of bottled water from the bars. The cleaner came in every day and left the room spotless. You also get free beach towels to use for the duration of your stay.
The food at the Ghazala Gardens was lovely, I have never seen a salad bar so big and there was always plenty of choice, even for a fussy eater like me. The omlettes in the morning are delicious and get cooked to order right in front of you. The croissants and pastries that are available are brilliant and there are loads of deserts at tea time. I have been trying to make my own version of Potato Tagin which we had in Egypt a few times - lovely! There are 2 buffet bars for breakfast, lunch and tea and then from 12 - 5pm you can get food from the pizzeria and a grill bar which also has pastries in. You can get free ice cream from about 12 - 5 too which is lovely.
The hotel is just around the corner from Naama Bay which is where most of the nightlife is. Beware visiting there in the day as its far easier to get dragged into shops then, go at night time when there are more people about. Some of the shop keepers can be very forceful and you do have to be very firm when you say no. Others are very friendly and we felt fine about going into the shop without being pressured to buy something.
One thing I didnt like about Egypt was the tipping. I know this is a way of life over there and before we went we were assured that tipping 1 or 2 egyptian pounds was enough but its not! We asked where to find a phone and a security guard told us to follow this guy, we practically ran after him he was going so fast, when we got to the phone my boyfriend went to give him a few egyptian pounds and he demanded 10 from us! The phone was down a little back street off the main street so we didnt really feel comfortable saying no. This was really the only bad experience we had apart from getting trapped in a perfume shop for 45 minutes of the day of our welcome meeting! Dont get me wrong no one is aggressive, its just after being told certain things we were worried we would appear as ignorant tourists and didnt want to be rude, I think some of the people there will take full advantage of this so you do have to be firm.
There is plenty to do in Sharm El Sheikh, we did the camel ride, bedouin dinner and star gazing trip on one day, and also did a boat trip and went quad biking through the desert. The guides on the trrps are all really friendly and very helpful. We also had a spa treatment at the Ghazala Beach hotel which was nice, this was about £68 for 2 of us to have a jacuzzi, facial, massage, body wrap and turkish bath, very relaxing.
The pool at the hotel is great and is surrounded by plenty of sun loungers, some in the water, some double bed sized ones and some normal single ones. The artificial beach gets reallly hot though so take flip flops to the pool with you. If you are more of a beach person then there is the private beach which is on the other side of the road behind Ghazala Beach hotel, the beach is clean, the water is clear and you can always get a sun lounger.
The weather was around 37 - 40 degrees all week and this was the first holiday that I had to wear factor 30 suncream at times!
We will definitely be going back to the Ghazala Gardens next year, we felt like we didnt see enough of Egypt when we were there so we will probably go for 2 weeks and try and get to the pyramids this time. We did see a few of the other hotels when we were picking people up for the excursions and they were nowhere near as nice as the Ghazala Gardens."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2007

Good holiday

Good

"I booked the Ghazala Gardens based on most of the reviews on this website as so many people said it was a holiday of a life time. I wouldn't say that exactly but it was a relaxing break in georgeous weather.

I was a bit nervous about going to sharm as I have been told by many people how bad the men are with blonde women and they were very right. As soon as I got into sharm airport I was chatted up and we did not go out of the hotel too much as every time we went out the men kept coming up to us saying "lucky man" to my boyfriend and i've never been stared at so much!

When we did go out we bought many bargins and you must remember to haggle as otherwise you will pay way too much! We were saying half of whatever their first price was and got some very good deals.

The hotel itself looks lovely and is very impressive. I don't think you could wish for anything else with the reception and grounds. The only thing I would say is that the luxury does not extend to the bedrooms, which I felt were very basic and the bathroom was dated looking.

The drink was quite good for an all inclusive basis but we did not like the food. Lunch was definately the best meal as there was freshly made pizzas and pasta dishes everyday. We did not bother with breakfast most days but the only good thing about it was the eggs, and dinner was passable but nothing fantastic.

The weather the whole time we was there was unbeatable and we would return for that alone. We did not see one cloud the whole week and I would say at was well over 40 degrees everyday. It was 38 in the evening so definately no jumpers needed!!!

Staff are all excellent and very very friendly, we tipped everyone who served us and when we got to the hotel we gave our cleaner a £10 note in our money which he was amazed with and we were given a big bottle of water free everyday! We also found out they earn about £30 a month for doing 12 hour shifts, which is awful for how hard they work.

All in all a good holiday and we would return, only problem is we aren't liking being back in the horrible weather and busy jobs."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

best hotel weve ever stayed in!!

"stayed in ghazala gardens for 2 weeks in the middle of may and could not fault it 1 bit, probably one of the nicest hotels iv ever stayed in. amazin location rite across the road from naama bay the centre for the night life, restaraunts, clubs etc. all hotel staff are very friendly. alot of people have said to tip throughout the holiday but we never until the end and that never affected the way we were treated within the hotel. all staff are constantly cleaning/workin most work 11/12 hour days.

Do NOT be put off about the bombings, it is the safest place iv ever bn police guards everywhere - if i let it put me off i would of missed out on a holiday of a lifetime.

wee tip - book trips in town not in hotel it costs twice as much through them. people moan about gettin upset stomachs in egypt - obviously ur goin 2...ur changing your diet to there food, we eat food filled with additives theres is fresh!! dont let that put u off goin 2 an amazin country, cant say 1 bad work about my holiday!"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Great location - Great Trip

Good

"I had heard many excellent things about this hotel and I was not disappointed.
First of all the weather in Sharm is fantastic with no clouds in sight, very warmin the evening too.

The hotel itself is quite impressive with an amazing pool area and plenty of amenities. Our room was nice enough but was made better by our friendly cleaner who took real pride in his work. All staff were friendly and it is nice to tip little and often to ensure you get that extra special attention you want on holiday.

The food is decent, I have had better All Inclusive meals before but it is perfectly adequate and all tastes are catered for. However my party and I ate out most nights as the hustle and bustle of the resort centre is literally across the road.

Do be careful crossing this road, there seemed to be little logic applied when designing the roads (no crossings) so you have to literally run for it occasionally.

The resort centre itself is great and really gets going around 10pm. Plenty of shops/bars/restaurants and a few clubs. Some well known names are already there; Hard Rock, TGI Fridays, good old KFC and Pacha nightclub. All within a 2 - 10 min walk from the hotels main entrance.

The sister hotel across the road is convenient. Has a huge amount of sunloungers directly on the beach and a pool area so you have the best of both worlds.

There are plenty of trips on offer but a really good value one is a day's boat trip to Tiran Island (approx £28 for full day incl hire of snorkel equipment). The rep will give you more choices but that one was fantastic. The entertainment in the hotel was not the greatest but I personally dont understand why anyone would stay in their hotel every evening without sampling the local activities.

A 10 min taxi to Old Sharm will cost about 40EGP (£4) maximum and here you can practice your bartering skills at a decent sized market. They sell the same as the resort centre but at a much more reasonable price.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is in a great location, the accomodation and surroundings are superb and the food and drink is decent. The only bad thing about the trip is the amount of attention females get from the local men.....even when looking our absolute worst!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of May 2007

friendly, clean and welcoming.

Good

"My husband and I went to Ghazala Gardens in January,it was our first time in Egypt. On arrival at hotel we were pleasantly surprised by the palatious surroundings of the reception. It was the quickest and most organised check in we had ever had. After giving your room number to the staff, the porters then take your luggage to your room, be a good idea to have small change to tip.The same goes for waiters, for a small tip you will be taken care of throughout your stay.All the staff are very friendly and obliging, can't do enough for you, nothing too much trouble. The whole complex is spotless, staff don't seem to stop cleaning. We were very impressed by their diligence. Pool area is a dream with plenty of loungers, more than enough for eveyone. Only one thing, must mention the glasses for drinks, be prepared to receive your beer in whiskey glasses, they don't seem to know about pint glasses!!! we even had our beer in wine glasses, just adopt a good sense of humour. We also found the food to be repetious, but well cooked,it is however up to you to vary it each day. This is possible if you have your wits about you. The hotel itself couldn't be better placed for the main part of Namma Bay, a mere couple of minutes walk to the lights and night life. Be prepared for hassle from the local lads, who try hard to get you to go into their shops, again adopt your sense of humour and a firm no will usually surffice. They don't mean any harm, they are just trying to earn a living. All in all a fabulous holiday and will be going back sometime in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007

Totally Fantastic

"We have just come back from this hotel and would definately recomend it.Its spotlessly clean and the gardens/pool are breathtaking. Its ideal for couples who want a really relaxing holiday. The rooms are nice and the cleaners work hard. All the staff couldn't do enough for us and were always pleasant. We did tip the staff but not until the end of our holiday so felt that the service had been sincere and genuine. The food choice was a bit limited but was good quality but the range of drinks could've been better. Overall the whole atmosphere of the hotel made you feel you were in another world. We didn't want to come home. You do get pestered by locals wanting you in their shops but if your out for a stroll then walk down the left hand side of the road, its not as bad."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of May 2007

AMAZING

"Hello my name is Ikram! I went to Sharm El Sheikh for the first time but my mother had gone there all the time! it was so amazing staff and the service was very brilliant! I want to go there again:("

• Travel date: Wed 6th of January 2016

Excellent holiday

"Was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews on travel adviser. The hotel was right in the center of everything, the pool area was the best we have ever seen , very pretty and spotless .Jane our Rep was excellent, as were the others we met, couldn't do enough for you..We stayed in roon1139, the view from the balcony was pleasant, and quite.It was our Golden wedding anniversary when we were there, and Jane and the staff made it very special, with a lovely cake a gift from the Hotel. The staff in the bars and restaurants were very friendly, and the cleaners were excellent.The young lad that cleaned our room did an excellent job, clean towels beach towels and bedding every day. The rooms need a bit of paint here and there, but the staff make up for this, and we would recommend a holiday in this Hotel any time . Ann Gardner"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of April 2015

Hotels near Ghazala Gardens Hotel

Stayed at Ghazala Gardens Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Ghazala Gardens Hotel

• owzat12 by owzat12

"Everyone will try to sell you something, be polite, but firm and walk on if you're not interested. "

• owzat12 by owzat12

"Ras Mohammed National Park "

• shellybeanj by shellybeanj

"fabulous hotel,entertainment rubbish "

• Pauld7 by Pauld7

"Don't go there are loads of better ones. "

• Anngardner by Anngardner

"Just enjoy the friendliness of the staff,and the beautifull pool area, "

Ghazala Gardens Hotel is also called