Ghazala Gardens Hotel

El Salam Street Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good
( 1946 reviews)

AMAZING

Reviewed Thu 7th of January 2016

"Hello my name is Ikram! I went to Sharm El Sheikh for the first time but my mother had gone there all the time! it was so amazing staff and the service was very brilliant! I want to go there again:("

• Travel date: Wed 6th of January 2016

Excellent holiday

Reviewed Tue 28th of April 2015

"Was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews on travel adviser. The hotel was right in the center of everything, the pool area was the best we have ever seen , very pretty and spotless .Jane our Rep was excellent, as were the others we met, couldn't do enough for you..We stayed in roon1139, the view from the balcony was pleasant, and quite.It was our Golden wedding anniversary when we were there, and Jane and the staff made it very special, with a lovely cake a gift from the Hotel. The staff in the bars and restaurants were very friendly, and the cleaners were excellent.The young lad that cleaned our room did an excellent job, clean towels beach towels and bedding every day. The rooms need a bit of paint here and there, but the staff make up for this, and we would recommend a holiday in this Hotel any time . Ann Gardner"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of April 2015

Don't go.

Reviewed Mon 3rd of March 2014

"Just returned from Ghazala Gardens.Third time in Sharm sadly this time was poor.They made it as difficult as possible to get a drink and frequently ran out.The air con is noisy and ineffective and the WiFi does not work.The setting and location is great and the pools are good but unless you want a running battle go elsewhere. Most of the guests were German and the food was heavily German based.Complaining was pointless.I was offered a free bottle of wine... pointless when you are going all inclusive. Eventually met the food and drink manager but only on the day we left, he offered a very special farewell gift to compensate us this turned out to be a packet of biscuits. "

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2014

fab hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of January 2011

"We styed here over Xmasand enjoyed the All Inclusive facilities.The rooms were cleand and the beds and the duvets the comfiest I had ever experienced. The food wasnot that great,but the snack bars were excellent. There is a Portugese restaurant on site,the food is awful.There is a sister hotel called the Broncemar Beach and you have to cross abusy road to get to it.This where you can use the private beach,The location of the Gardens is slap bang on the entrance to Naama Bay where everything is geared to the tourist.You get constant hassle which is wearing after a while.You have to haggle and haggle some more.here arenot many restaurants but loasd of shisha bars and loads of English outlets.authentic it is not. Take a cab to Old Sharm even less authentic.The weather was fab and the hotel immaculate,the staff friendly.Even pool towels provided. To see Santa arrive on a camel in the blazing sun was worth the look on the kids faces. You will also hear the call to prayer. It gets dark suddenly and a tad chilly,but not to worry you are in the desert."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of January 2011

Excellent Ghazala Gardens

Reviewed Thu 6th of August 2009

"Just returned from a two week all inclusive holiday at the excellent Ghazala Gardens Hotel. This was our first trip to the Sinai, booked only 5 weeks before.
We were warned about possible delays on arrival, and it proved to be the case. Arriving at Sharm el Sheikh airport at midnight we were herded into an arrivals hall to be directed to a queue for a visa, then redirected to the doctor's queue with a health questionnaire to complete. It was rather disorganised and a few Brits got a bit grumpy. However, although slightly chaotic, the queues were no worse than when arriving in the USA. Many of the airport workers were wearing masks, due to 80 cases of swine flu in Egypt. Once through customs we were met by our Red Sea rep' who took us by coach to our hotel. We finally arrived, exausted at 1.45am. and a meal was delivered to the room with bottled water and fruit juice.
The hotel staff were welcoming and anxious to please. Our stay at the Ghazala Gardens was comfortable and relaxing, the hotel never seemed to be crowded although it was fully booked, there were plenty of sun beds round the extensive pool areas, (my personal favourite were the four poster canopied variety). Inevitably, towels mysteriously appeared on the sunbeds early morning, despite signs asking for beds not to be 'booked' in this way.
The gardens around the pool areas were well-kept and the pools were cleaned every night.
The outdoor poolside restuarants served freshly prepared and cooked food. The indoor restuarants delivered good quality breakfasts/lunches/dinners with enough variety to suit most palates. I was treated on my last day to a tour of one of the kitchens and found it clean and well organised. The catering staff wear gloves for food prep and serving. Waiters are attentive but not intrusive.
The large air conditioned reception area has plenty of sofas/chairs/tables, our teenage son enjoyed the disco with other German/Lebanese/Brit kids, and used the pool table (£3 for 30mins)although the surface needed new baize.
Across the busy main road (with the help of Egyptian Crossing patrolmen) you can walk through the reception and grounds of the Ghazala Beach hotel to access the promenade (which is lively at night)and private beach with plenty of sunbeds/umbrellas and use of an all-inclusive beach bar and nearby toilets.
The Red Sea is amazingly warm and, if you like snorkelling you are in for a treat. Even just paddling, you can see an array of colourful fish along the shoreline.
Red Sea Holidays offer organised trips and we did the City Tour (not recommended) and two snorkelling trips to Tiran Island and Ras Mohammed National Park, either of which will give you a great day out, with a decent hot meal at lunchtime. The guides are excellent and even if you are wimpy like me and insist on wearing a life jacket, that's ok. However for the second trip to Ras Mohammed I didn't bother and felt totally comfortable and safe. The coral and fish are incredibly beautiful and the guide points out and identifies fish as the group swims along.
We took a couple of taxi (blue & white)rides to the old town and back - 15LE, which was slightly alarming at times with the first driver. You can politely ask them to go slower if you feel uncomfortable.
The flight back to uk wasn't until 1am, but we had full use of all hotel facilities until the evening. More queueing at the airport, (make sure you fill in another visa card before going through passport control - we were not given one and were barked at!) HOT TIP: Have warm clothes for the departure lounge and plane. It was freezing!

• Travel date: Wed 5th of August 2009

Brilliant Hotel

Reviewed Sun 1st of February 2009

"We booked this hotel direct with Red Sea Hotels, which was a bit awkward really. The manager told us that Red Sea were setting up in the UK this year which will make things much easier. Anyway enough moaning...............

This hotel is absolutely brilliant. Its location is just about perfect for Naama Bay's bars and restaurants. You can use the sister hotel across the road which has a nice beach and there's even an all inclusive bar there for Ghazala Gardens guest only.

The hotel itself is extremely well built. The pool is massive and it has a beach area at the poolside which was great. There are several bars and places to eat in the hotel and for a change the drinks seemed to actually have some alcohol in them.

The rooms are very modern and clean. If any hotel deserves 10/10 it's this one.

• Travel date: Sun 1st of February 2009

This hotel is beautiful and in a prime l...

Reviewed Fri 1st of August 2008

"This hotel is beautiful and in a prime location. We were about the only English that we knew of during our stay. There's no evening entertainment to speak of, but if your after a chilled out hol then it's perfect. The food is plentiful with variety. We had to ask to be moved to another room (room great) but there was no view. Reception did not argue, I think the block 3 or 4 starting numbers are the furthest away, so don't be afraid to ask. The second room was fab overlooking the pool surrounded by flowering foliage. Aircon great, free safe, fresh towels and room cleaned every day. TIPPING - we gave the porter 5 pound coins to which he was grateful but asked if he could swap it for 50 EP at end of week. I understand the point cause their difficult for them to cash seemingly. Mohammed the head barman is great, polite and so helpful. In all we gave him 50 EP on three occasions totalling £15 in all, he see's you okay with the drinks then....:-) Leaving the hotel about 20ft outside is the duel carriageway from hell! Every other car has no lights on and the speed limit is out the window. You do get across but be careful if you have little ones/prams. NOW into Naam Bay - there's plenty shops, we wanted to check out as many as poss to compare quality and price. The main bug bare, was to be frank, the locals forever pestering you to come to their shop. They walk up to you and follow alongside - La Shok-ran 'no thankyou' should work but good luck - it's a shame really cause personally if they weren't so much in your face I would have hung around shopping till I dropped, but when I did need to go buying it was like take a deep breath - in and back - literally! Don't fall for being asked to come and write some good luck token for them, it's a ploy. Try and remember that their currency is 10x£1 - I was stung buying a stone ashtray and cat I paid £30 or 300 EP I wasn't thinking cause I wanted the stuff. EXCURSIONS - we arranged to meet the Rep to book a trip by air to Cairo to see the Pyramids/Sphinx. The price was £162 each. We decided to sleep on it cause he wouldn't budge with the price. Next day we were approached by an employee of the hotel if we were interested in the same excursion and that he could get it cheaper. He explained that there is 20+ company's all offering the exact same trip but all different prices. His price was £115 each, we gave our room number and names. The folloiwng day he came back with a receipt and were told to be in the reception for 4.30am! Hard going, however bang on time a suit clad tall handsome fella came and asked us our names, checking us on his list. Very polite and professional. We were taken to the airport to catch the 6am flight to Cairo. One hour later a bunch of us were met by a guy holding up a board with 'Sharm Voyages'. He divided us into two groups for an English speaking guide. What an experience from the get go - Cairo is mental. Three lanes of traffic holding six across at a time, road rage out the window! Peep peep language, but it works. Our driver/guide were great to which we gave them 50 EP each at end of the day. We also visited the Papyrus factory. Quite good really, interesting but probably over priced. I learned so much on the way to the Pyramids, approaching them and WOW jaw dropping - don't go all the way to Egypt and not go to see them as it's a once in a lifetime experience. The largest bricks are about the size of a Landrover! Approaching the Sphinx, again the sweaty hairs on the back of your neck try to stand up. I could go on but please see for yourself...I took germ gel which I used all the time, I still ended up with a jelly belly on the second last day. The chemist have these tablets, yellow in colour for a couple of quid. Sorted within a day. I would go back to this hotel, probably in the Winter time. "

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

Hotel was gorgeous! Never seen anythin l...

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2008

"Hotel was gorgeous! Never seen anythin like it in my life! Great location!
The sunbeds at this hotel were amazin :) They were like double beds with drapes!
Feburary was also a great time to go! not to hot but i came home with a great tan!

I am an 18 year old, was 17 at the time and went with just my mum as dad couldn't get time off work. I felt very intimidated about the way it was very male dominated. there were no women workers at all. My mum and i got a bit of hastle when we went out which kind of ruined my holiday because we never went out as much, but this was my first ever holiday without my dad being there so i wouldn't of felt as safe anyway. Would definatly go back now i'm a bit older and would feel more comfortable.

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2008

hotel was stunning and staff where brill...

Reviewed Thu 1st of May 2008

"hotel was stunning and staff where brilliant. i was worried about how clean it was all going to be but it was spot less, all of the pools where cleaned more than once a day and so where our rooms. couldn't of asked for better location either your right on top of everthing we all loved it! i got ill when i was over there and was in bed for three days but the staff where brilliant and directed my boyfriend to the pharamcy (30 secs away)and was able to get me tablets that had me better in an hour! dont know what they where though! would love to go again everything was perfect! great for kids and adults."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of May 2008

Just came back from the Ghazala Gardens...

Reviewed Wed 12th of March 2008

"Just came back from the Ghazala Gardens John & Margaret 56&55 Wales Rooms not that big but realy clean our room was right beside the man made beach they have there but if you wanted a bed in the front row you had to get up early the hotel is clean the restaurants are clean but I did read before we went that the light in them was dark and that is true but the food was ok not great but enough choice for everyone we were all inclusive so all the drinks were free as well again the shorts were ok but not the best beer was cold and drinkable The boys behind the Bars are great give them a £1 now and then and the drinks come as fast as you want them the Ghazala Gardens is done out well with the pool winding its way through the Gardens but the water was freezing cross the road (it is a busy road) and the sister Hotel the Ghazala Beach is there you walk through the Hotel and grounds to the private Beach where there are beds and an all inclusive bar the Weather was beautiful and getting hotter by the day The Airport in Sharm is busy dont know how to say it with people all in One cue never mind where you are flying to oh on the way in to Sharm if you dont intend to leave the sinai tell them and you dont have to pay for a Visa the plus side to the Ghazala Gardens is you only have to cross the road and you are in the Heart of Naama bay with all the shops and bars,restaurants and if you want football go to the Tavern Bar shows all the Games plus Rugby when we were there all in all a great holiday "

• Travel date: Wed 12th of March 2008

I wrote a review for this place earlier...

Reviewed Tue 11th of March 2008

"I wrote a review for this place earlier last year. I just want to make a little addition regarding the confusion over Ghazala Gardens Hotel and the Ghazala Beach Hotel. Currently, the photo that is in place for these reviews is actually the ghazala beach and not the ghazala gardens. "

• Travel date: Tue 11th of March 2008

Ghazazla Gardens was totally amazing, wh...

Reviewed Fri 4th of January 2008

"Ghazazla Gardens was totally amazing, when we pulled up outside my boyfriend thought wow!!!

The grounds were just out of this world and our room was faultless, would have loved to have been in the ones where you stepped right into the pool!

All staff were very helpful, fatti' the pool guy was a brilliant guy, we talked to him everyday, you do have to tip but it is worth it.

The only things we could fault it for was the food, we were both ill for 2days but went to the chemist and got some tablets and we were fine again. The road outside is a nightmare, you just have to go and hope they stop.

We would def go back to this hotel but would just be wary of what we were eating."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of January 2008

Hotels near Ghazala Gardens Hotel

Stayed at Ghazala Gardens Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Ghazala Gardens Hotel

• owzat12 by owzat12

"Everyone will try to sell you something, be polite, but firm and walk on if you're not interested. "

• owzat12 by owzat12

"Ras Mohammed National Park "

• shellybeanj by shellybeanj

"fabulous hotel,entertainment rubbish "

• Pauld7 by Pauld7

"Don't go there are loads of better ones. "

• Anngardner by Anngardner

"Just enjoy the friendliness of the staff,and the beautifull pool area, "

Ghazala Gardens Hotel is also called