About Ghazala Beach Hotel

• indoor pool
  • babysitting
  • tv channel one russia

Good

Worst Hotel Ever, Do Not Go Here!!!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of August 2015

"We had booked our first all inclusive holiday together through Ice Lolly via Red Sea Holidays, we arrived at 9.30pm to a 36 degrees heat blast which was a sign of things to come (weather fantastic by the way). After having our bags taken by Stinky Pete (Bellboy) to our room via the smelly corridor, he look disgusted at my £3 tip for the brief amount of work involved.
We asked if the restaurant was still open, no but we will organize for some food to be brought to our room, food arrived which was totally inedible, so we decided to venture out to Pizza Hut which was really nice apart the very flirty waiter who asked my girlfriend 'did she fancy a bit of Egyptian for a change'.
Our room was close enough to the main road so we could hear the very busy traffic noise, so didn't have a great sleep after a tiring day of travel. After little sleep we awoke to very hot sunny day and went for breakfast, food was in general ok but not 4 star quality and not much difference from day to day.
We enjoyed the beach and pool very much, the green AstroTurf which was around the pool was very patchy and in need of immediate repair as it had holes in and was an accident waiting to happen.

I have listed lots of other issues as I think I might take up too much room.

a. Staff rude & ignorant
b. 4 Rooms of Noisy British holidaymakers who thought it was good to shout down the corridor at 3, 4 & 5 in the morning
c. Lobby Bar had no Vodka & Diet Coke for 2 consecutive nights, 3rd night came and he only brought 1 bottle of each
d. Ice Cream 3-5pm everyday, all inclusive guests only get a choice of 4 flavors (1 flavor was a combination of the other 3 flavors)
e. No music at any of the bars (pool, beach or bier wagon) to create a bit of atmosphere as we had no entertainment apart from a belly dancer in the canteen for 20minutes for 1 night
f. All inclusive which did not include the A la Cart restaurants available as this was charged extra
g. Panes of glass were being replaced as diners ate in the main canteen during the day
h. Saw a member of staff drink straight from a carton of Apple Juice, then serve 2 guests using the same carton
I. Star rating in the hotel was hidden under a picture, which stated 3 stars. When we questioned a member of staff they said a star had fallen off!!!!!! Also the next day the star rating had suddenly disappeared completely.
j. Water leaking down the wall above the toilet and then the toilet would not flush
k. Bier Wagon cocktails were awful, no taste of alcohol or anything really.
l. The snack bar at the Bier Wagon was 5 plates of leftovers from the canteen, wrapped in cling film
m. We moved rooms due to the noise & smelly corridor into the new block which was significantly better looking room apart the snag list that was needed to fully complete the room to its full potential of 4 stars. We signed a transfer form to say we had changed rooms free of charge, what we didn't know that the new room was with other rooms under construction further down the corridor, after my girlfriend took a video/pictures of the other rooms a member of staff tried to force us to sign a waiver to say we were aware of the additional work which we refused.
n. The batteries for the safe needed replacing, waited for someone to turn up after numerous promises this failed, after asking again they told us they tried to ring us which was not possible as the telephone was not connected. We then went to sunbathe and have a walk around gift shopping in Naama Bay, upon our return our hotel door was open so as you can imagine we thought we had been robbed. All furniture had been moved in different directions, cases moved. My girlfriend rushed to the reception and got a member of staff to come immediately, a couple of minutes later another man appeared saying he was fitting the phone in our room but had left the door open to go and get something else, by this point my girlfriend was very upset and was told to be quiet by the reception man, we told them to both get out of the room as they we're no longer welcome.
o. Preference given to other European guests that were only b&b, as they were charged for drinks/food so the workers would get a tip, they didn't seem to realize All Inclusive had already paid
p. We queried with the Red Sea Holidays rep, how long was this a 4 star all inclusive hotel, a long time was the reply, how long? 1 to 2 months was the reply back.
q. One morning at breakfast we were asked if we would like Mango to drink we both said yes and found a table, after our enjoyable meal we walked back to our room, we were shouted back by the same waiter that asked us for Mango and was informed that this was additional, we told him that we were all inclusive this did not matter, so we went to reception where this was resolved by Jane (a helpful Red Sea Rep).

Apologies for going on so long but as you can imagine for my first holiday with my gf and my first all inclusive ever this was a major disappointment.

Major pluses for this holiday were the beach, the pool apart from the green Astro Turfissue, new friends made Simon, Tracy & Aldo from Hull and also Kelsey & Snow White from Widnes/Warrington.

This holiday would not put me off from visiting Sharm el Sheikh again, but this hotel needs a severe kick up the arse to make it to a 4 star rating.

I hope this helps others

Peace out!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of August 2015

Ghazala beach oct 2012

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"i stay at ghazala beach 1 week on 25oct 2012 to 31oct had a fantastic time friendly helpful staf -2 Wonderful location-3room was very clean i really engoyed the brakfast & dinner i have a fantastic holiday i will go back to ghazala beach hotel Thanks for all workers in ghazala"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of November 2012

Ghazala Beach Jan 2011

Reviewed Tue 1st of February 2011

"Just returned from Ghazala Beach Hotel January 2011.. absolutely fantastic cant fault it.Good choice of Breakfast,spotless pool and sunbeds mattresses with towels...Gorgeous weather high 28 degress.Friendly helpful staff.Location spot on all in a short distance whatever you need,beach, bars and entertainment the likes.Quite expensive for drinks but Definately will be returning next January.... well worth a visit!!"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of January 2011

Such a great holiday!

Reviewed Fri 19th of June 2009

"Me and my boyfriend went to the Ghazala Beach for our first holiday together, at the start of June. We arrived to have our bags taken to our room by the bellman and a lovely fruit basket to welcome us to the hotel.

The hotel is in a stunning location, we stayed in one of the bungalows in the grounds which were full of beautiful trees and flowers, with staff out doing the gardens every day. The provided beach towels means you don't need to take your own which was good, the pool and beach are both really clean and lovely spots to sunbathe. We went in early June and the hotel was fairly quiet, so we never had a problem getting any sunbeds but I'm not sure if it would be harder when the hotel is busier.

We were half board and the breakfast was served from 6:3--10:30, with dinner from 18:30 - 22:30, and even though the service time was so long at 4 hours, the food was constantly being replenished so they never ran out. The food is quite geared towards the high number of German guests they have, but the buffet dinner is themed with a different theme each night (e.g. moroccan, mediterranean, seafood, etc) and there are also chefs that make pancakes and omelettes to order in a morning, and fresh pasta with a custom made sauce in an evening. There's a great choice at all mealtimes, so there's bound to be something you'll like.

The staff are friendly and can't do enough for you. Our air-conditioning unit started to leak one night, so we rang reception, at 10:30pm, and within 10 minutes an engineer was at the room to fix it. The cleaning staff are excellent, he spent a good half hour on the bungalow every day and pulled out all the bed to mop the floor under it, cleaned the mirrors and windows, did an excellent job in the bathroom, the place always smelt lovely and clean after he'd been.

The weather was stunning, in the 40s every day we were there and we never saw a cloud. Thankfully, being so close to the beach, there was a wind from the sea which was a lifesaver! The nights are still in the high 20s. Therefore the A/C unit was a total must for a good night's sleep.

Na'ama Bay is nice although most of the shops are tacky souvenir places. There are some nice bars etc, we can recommend the Camel Bar (it also has a high population of English people there and shows English sport on the TVs, not that we went there for that!) If you're not keen on trying foreign food, there are familiar places to go such as KFC, McDonalds, Starbucks, TGI Fridays, Hard Rock Cafe. We didn't intend on trying them, but when we got stomach bugs (see below), we found we trusted "known" places more, and in fact KFC in Na'ama is the best I've ever had! What a saddo!

If you get the chance to go scuba diving, do it - Sinai Divers, attached to the hotel, are well-priced and there is an instructor for every 2 people, so you feel totally safe. I had never been diving before so we did the Introduction to Diving, which was about £30, and we spent a good hour under the water after our safety talk, and saw some amazing sea life. There are 3 reefs just off the beach at Ghazala and we saw them all.

If you have children, there is a waterpark called CleoPark nearby, about 10 minutes walk away. It was fairly dear at 200 Pounds for adults and 150 for children (about £25/£20), though it was a fun morning out for us.

Unfortunately we got stomach bugs, don't think it was from the hotel, but there is a pharmacy on site with very skilled and helpful pharmacists, they had us sorted out in no time.

Just one thing to watch - we took things from the minibar, and you have to fill out a sheet daily saying what you've taken so they can replenish it. The staff for a couple of days didn't bring back the same as we'd taken - for example, we took 2 Pepsi's, and they brought back a Pepsi and a 7-Up. I took a chocolate bar, they brought back a bag of crisps. Then when we checked out, they "suggested" (aka accused) us of having taken things without paying for them, as there was a chocolate bar missing as far as they were concerned (which I had in fact already paid for). Once we explained, they were happy that we hadn't taken them without paying, but I wasn't keen on being accused!

However, on the whole, I would whole-heartedly recommend the Ghazala Beach. I just wish we'd been able to afford to spend two weeks there!"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of June 2009

We stayed at the Ghazala Beach for 2 wee...

Reviewed Tue 3rd of June 2008

"We stayed at the Ghazala Beach for 2 weeks, had a fantastic time. We went with our daughter, son in law and our 2year old grandson. Excellent choice at breakfast. We chose this hotel for its location which was spot on. On the down side, we thought the childrens paddling pool was a bit deep for our grandson, and not much else for young children. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the hotel was very clean and comfortable. We are hoping to go back at the end of this year."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of June 2008

What a setup

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We arrived just shortly after Happysixtytwo on 9th Dec.

Found exactly the same problems where we had been moved into the Beach after booking the Gardens for £1550.00

Birds actually eating from the slops put out each days, cracked and raised tiles on the pathways, a death road to cross each day to get over to Ghazala Gardens, a 5ft bar in the lobby was the only eveing place to drink if you stayed in, an oversized tent to eat from each day, difficult to get a drink without a glaring look, a cracked and dirty pool, smelly room, rusty mirrors, thread bare carpets and the list just goes on and on.

I can only descibe it being like a Rubik’s Cube: Something old from the 80’s, overused, square and had all the horrendous colours to match.

Whats more annoying is that the same thing happened to my parents back in June this year who also got moved into the Beech.

Its being used as an overflow hotel which is so wrong. It should not take 6 months to resolve an issue like this and certainly from a company as reputable as Thomas Cook."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of December 2007

I feel cheated

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We arrived at a chaotic airport on 6th December after an enjoyable flight. We were told, as were the other 16 couples on our flight, that they had overbook Ghazala Gardens Hotel and we were being transfered to the Ghazala Beach Hotel. We were told we could use the AI facilities of both hotels. I explained to the rep. that my husband is disabled and cannot walk from the one, across a busy road, to the other. We were promissed a courtesy bus which it is a good job we never waited for as it still has not turned up. We did manage on our last night to go to the Gardens Hotel fro dinner. We saw the light then and realised all we had been missing. A pleasant and clean dining room, more places to eat, an extensive selection of dishes, entertainment, a BAR, and far more courtious staff. I think we had a very bad deal and felt we had been down grade because by no streatch of the imagination could you call Ghazala Beach a 4/5 star hotel which we booked being Ghazala Gardens. Then a further party of 20 couples on Sunday were told exactly the same story. Is it just me or does anyone else view this with suspicion? On reading a few reviews I realise this is not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd instance of "overbooking" come on travel agents and Ghazala Hotels dont do this to anyone else we work hard and save hard for our holiday in the sun!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of December 2007

slum

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"absolutely disgusting booking was made for ghazala gardens paid 1400 pounds but on landing was told hotel over booked. we were put in ghazala beach hotel in a bungalow, dining room birds flying all over food which was not covered.also loads of flies and bird droppings everywhere. 2 days we ate there food and got runs and sickness for rest of holiday darent eat in there any more. chefs pickinhg utensils up off floor and putting back into food woudnt put a dog in there mind u we didnt see any think they eat em. pool was filthy lad was cleaning it was washing edge of pool with cloth and rinsing it back in pool. we told him not to do this but he ignored us and walked away. never go back to egypt next time go to benidorm ha ha."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of November 2007

My husband and I went to Sharm 2nd Oct 2...

Reviewed Sun 6th of May 2007

"My husband and I went to Sharm 2nd Oct 2005.

We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The rooms were a little basic but didn't spend a lot of time in there, that’s not what you go on holiday for.

The resort was very clean and tidy, we really enjoyed the breakfast and evening meals but found the lunchtime venues limited.

We both enjoyed a very relaxing massage in the evening outside under the stars, and took the one day trip via plane to visit the pyramid,s which was breath taking. Cairo itself was an eye opener we also went on a sunset cruise.

Both pools were very clean and relaxing not much of a beach goer, but the beach was very pleasant.

We found most people outside the resort to be friendly but sometimes over powering when trying to shop.

Overall a fantastic holiday, would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Sharm and would love to go back sometime."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2007

Basic but great value for money

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"When you read all the reviews on here its easy to just get more confused about your hotel so I will try to be as honest as possible.I've just come back from 2 weeks at the Ghazala beach and loved every minute of it. I agree that this is not a 4 star,more a 3 star hotel but it satisfied my requirements. All I want from my hotel room is that it is clean, and I can sleep,shower and hang my clothes up. I am not interested in the grouting or colour scheme.My room was spotlessly clean,spacious and comfortable,although a little dated. The hotel in general is very clean and in a great location on the beach front close to Naam centre. There are staff constantly cleaning and tidying both inside and out and I was certainly not embarrassed to say where I was staying. Personally I think it is a waste of time going all inclusive to Sharm as it is so cheap to eat and drink out,but each to his own. Many of the reviewers on this site who had bad stomachs seem to have gone the AI route (not just at this hotel)I certainly had no stomach problems,and found the breakfasts worth getting up for. I ate most evenings at the Kanabesh Beach restaurant (turn right out of the hotel along the promenade and its on the beach about 200 metres along). The manager Wageh Nassem and his staff are so friendly and the food is either steak or seafood. I promised him I would recommend it on the net so tell him when you go! if you fancy scuba try Dive Africa at Sharm holiday Hotel. The main advantage for us Brits is that they deal in US dollars (great with the exchange rate!) and the instructors are brilliant fun as well as very professional.
The main problem with the hotel and Sharm in general is that it is overrun with Russian holidaymakers. This does work to our advantage however because when you smile and politely say hello to waiters,hotel staff,(or "no thankyou") to shopkeepers who are hassling you they smile back and do appreciate good manners - it makes a nice change from the grunts they get from certain other nations! I hope this is useful and have a great holiday. If you are expecting London type 4 star you will be disappointed,spend more money and go elsewhere. If you want a clean basic friendly hotel in a great location Ghazala Beach is great value."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of January 2007

don't go there stay at the Hilton next door

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"poor hotel, food was ok, be sure to take lots of medication for your stomach, eating out at one of the resturants along the beach is advisable as they are cheap and the food is much better. we had an AI package but didn't recieve any of the things that where offered to us when booking
the staff though are polite, and vey friendly to the ladies (this is quite amusing to watch)
the location is good but when surroundied by hotels of clearly a higher standard you feel embarassed to say where you are staying.
hotel not a 4* in my opion compared to other hotels i have stayed in, this clealy has been the worst
if i had known the real standard of this hotel before travelling i would have looked elswhere.
if you are soon to travel here please do not be too put off. some tips are to make sure you ask for one of the newer rooms, we did not find this out until our last evening. eat out as much as possible and spend your days either at the pool at the front of the hotel or on the beach. breakfast is not worth getting up for."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of December 2006

Just got back from 2 weeks at this hotel...

Reviewed Wed 27th of September 2006

"Just got back from 2 weeks at this hotel and can't wait to go back. I think the family who stayed there in October must either be mistaken with the name of the hotel or else are so fussy that even 5* plus resorts would fail to satisfy them. I've stayed in hotels with more frills and fancies, but rarely have I received better service.

I agree that the food in the hotel wasn't very exciting, Egypt isn't renowned for its cuisine, but the selection at breakfast was more than adequate and always plentiful. As we had deliberately booked B&B we ate out every night at different restaurants in the centre of the resort with dinner for 2, drinks and a tip costing between £6.00 and £25.00 depending on whether you had a quick bite to eat at KFC of a silver service seafood/steak meal at La Favourite (above McDonalds and not to be missed).

We chose the hotel for it's location as our main reason for going to Sharm was to snorkel. We couldn't have chosen a better spot. Just off the private beach about 20m out from shore is a large rock marked off by buoys and rope. Because of the protection that this offers the rock is colonised by corals, anemones, clams and a multitude of different fish species ........I positively identified over 30 species in an area of less than 18m square. It is forbidden to stand on the corals or feed the fish for reasons of their protection, but if you take hold of the rope and lower it into the water the fish will come and eat the algae from the rope between your hands!

If you book the snorkelling trip from the beach stand on the left as you face the water ask for Imam. He was our guide around the coral gardens off shore and took great care to ensure our safety and enjoyment. As neither of us are strong swimmers he literally towed us around the reef, making sure that he got us as close as possible to the corals without risk of injury or damage to marine life.

If you want to be pampered ladies book yourselves a Cleopatra massage at the spa....2 hours of pure indulgence for just over £30.00............ Spa reps are wandering around the pool and beach everyday so you don't even have to leave your sunbed to book it.

We found the best place to change US$ cheques was in the little bank on site as they charge next to nothing in commission and their rates are only just below the rates in town.......you will need a photocopy of your passport that reception will be happy to provide free of charge.

Only complaint of the whole trip was the service we got from the tour operator and airline. Will never use Airtours or Excel Airways again for too many reasons to bore you with here.

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

Hotels near Ghazala Beach Hotel

Stayed at Ghazala Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Ghazala Beach Hotel

• vicisthebest123 by vicisthebest123

"Book 2 weeks - one won't be enough! "

• vicisthebest123 by vicisthebest123

"Camel Bar, Ghazala Beach Bar, Sinai Divers, CleoPark, Old Market "

• TeenaVee by TeenaVee

"Give it a visit,planning to return! "

• Brockers by Brockers

"Die First before you go to this Hell Hole!!!!!!!! "

Ghazala Beach Hotel is also called