Waw

Good

Holiday ruined by threatening and abusive staff!

Reviewed 18th May 2015

"My sister, her 3 year old daughter and I recently made a trip to Sharm and stayed at the Gardenia Plaza. The hotel is okay for a 4 star (but be mindful that Africa’s 4 star is different from UK 4 star standards), the grounds are well kept; however, the rooms could do with some renovations which are being addressed as my sister and I did notice renovations taking place in parts of the hotel whilst we were there. I have to say that we were lucky enough to get a sneak peak of a couple of the new rooms and an apartment which does look really nice. The food in the hotel was okay but I found a majority of the restaurant staff not that welcoming and would sometimes give the food that I’d ordered to the Russians who came in after me. Mongee, who works in the restaurant, is an exception to the above, as if he was on shift he would always give us a big warm welcome, take our drink orders and make us laugh. Thank you Mongee for making our dining experience much more enjoyable! Loved the Shisha bar, very relaxing, modern with a chic look to the bar and seating area. My niece was in the pool this time round as she loves it, however, we couldn't allow her to stay in it for long, as it's not a heated pool and the cold made her lips turn blue. When we stayed in the summer the pool was fine, as it was hot and the sun kept the water warm but December is much cooler. Unfortunately our experience with the Timeshare rep named Walid Mohamed who works in the Gardenia Plaza went from pleasant to a horrific nightmare. When Walid didn't get his own way he became abusive and threatened my sister and I. It’s bad enough that he used such profanity to recent hotel guest and potential future customers, but to be threatening women is just disgusting and scary to think that the hotel can be associated with and permit this kind of behavior, which I’m sure no tourists such as ourselves, would expect or accept from any hotel - staff or Timeshare rep. Surely this is not the impression the Gardenia Plaza is continually providing to guests. Please note that I have evidence of his abuse and threats and of the fact that we had done nothing to receive this type of disgusting behavior. I have been in contact with the hotel management for assistance, however, to date the hotel have not been that effective in dealing with this individual so it looks as if contacting the authorities is the better approach. "

• Travel date: 18th May 2015

Worst Hotel Ever Stayed At!!!

Reviewed 22nd July 2014

"Went for 2 weeks in March 2014, room was dirty, bedding stained, the whole place below average. The cleaner was a young boy (who looked about 12) I had to show him how to clean shower, make the beds etc. The food was fair, lots of rude Russians, so they do cater for them. Hated the whole of the holiday. We did fly to see the Pyramids which was the highlight of the holiday. Reported it to Thomas Cook who we booked with, they didn't want to know!!! Will never go with them again. "

• Travel date: 20th July 2014

Worst Hotel Ever Stayed At!!!

Reviewed 22nd July 2014

• Travel date: 20th July 2014

dire hotel

Reviewed 31st October 2013

"Do not bother, pool was dirty with lining ripping up and u couldn't see the bottom. Bar was a joke with one poor barman trying his best. drinks served in miniscule plastic cups, wouldn't bother with the restaurant, sorry canteen ! pushed out of the way from Russians and great for a weight loss plan. Rooms filthy, severe drainage issues around complex, receptionist was the rudest man Ive met, i am sure he was the hotel manager but wouldn't admit it, bar inside was a joke and main bar in outside area Shisha Lounge you had to pay, so u had to go inside to get your drink to take outside, total nonsense, English were getting flights home early, a total disaster from start to finish and being a seasoned traveler to Sharm this hotel is the worst experience, wouldn't go back if we were paid too, emailed and complained and no response "

• Travel date: 30th October 2013

£1550 for one day in appauling hotel and an Xmas in tatters ! Shame on Thomas Cook

Reviewed 28th December 2012

"My wife and I arrived in the Gardenia Plaza late on Xmas eve (yes, four days ago) having paid £1550 for a 7 day AI "lounge by the pool" Xmas break. I was alarmed immediately at the chaotic reception area which was packed with souless chain smoking people, none of whom seemed to be enjoying themselves. Our room was simply squalid with a broken rusty fridge adding to the aesthetic. The bathroom was unsanitary and the shower filthy with only cold water running. We braced for the evening meal in the only feeding area (Thomas Cook and the hotel advertise a choice of 4 restaurants)which consisted of a works canteen arrangement where the tables were gruby, no table linen, cutlery or crockery. The food was a menage of chicken and rice which was sadly, luke warm and unappetising. We left. We entered the bar for a drink, I asked for a beer and a glass of wine. The beer was served in a 25ml disposable plastic cup,they would not give us a galss of wine as it was not included in the AI deal. I offered to buy a bottle of wine only to be informed that they did not have any. In order to secure a bottle of beer and a drink for my wife I had to walk the 10 meters to the adjoining bar and pay UK prices for a bottle of Heineken and glass of local spirit with coke. I had been in the hotel for less than an hour, no shower, no meal in a choice of 4 restaurants and forced to pay for drinks on an AI package. On Xmas morning we sat in the indescribable "entertainment" area of the hotel and rang Thomas Cook to insist that we move to a hotel which provided the package we had paid for, the TC staff could not offer any assistance until 27th at the earliest. It was Xmas morning, my wife in tears, I rang back and paid £130 pounds to have our flights tranferred to the earliest return flight which was the next day (Wed). The fod on Xmas Day was provided communally at the pool area, the queue was approx 45 mins in duration only to then try to eat the standard meal whilst keeping the flies at bay. In order to salvage Xmas Day we went into the nearest town for dinner. We returned to the hotel at approx 2330 hrs to witness the Disco which was advertised to finish at 2359 hrs but went on until 0200 hrs, so poor luck for those who had hoped to relax and especially for those numerous people who had young kids. We arose on Boxing day and cheched out of the hotel. The staff were aware that we were leaving after only one day but simply could not care less. It was impossible to determine who was in charge. We arrived home on Wednesday evening £2060 out of pocket (£1550 for AI package, £130 for transfers, £50 Gatwick parking, £50 cattery, £90 holifay insurance, £40 fuel from Hampshire, £150 on Xmas meal and drinks) for a one day round trip to Egypt and sat in a state of shock that we had been blatantly extorted by Thomas Cook in this way. Our Xmas was in tatters. I am a soldier and my wife is a teacher. We have worked assiduously this year and were looking forward to a well earned break. We have been mis-sold a holiday by Thomas Cook who have misrepresented this hotel and it's facilities which simply do not exist. The Thomas Cook response yesterday was apathetic. When I asked to speak to their CEO Harriet Green I was informed that she does not speak to customers.....really, a CEO who denies an audience to her main stakeholders.....I will see you in the small claims court. You have my word. "

• Travel date: 28th December 2012

IN need of a Major referbish 06/10/2011

Reviewed 11th October 2011

"Just returned after two weeks at this hotel Staff very plesent food average if you wanted food not on the menu it was no problem for them to get you something different. The whole hotel is in need of a referbish. Pool never cleaned filters not working. There were a number of issues reported about missing items however there was never any police called to address these claims so I can't comment further on these.If you leave small amounts of egyption money cleaners think you have left this as a tip no english money was ever removed. The Hotel is not a four star I would suggest 2/3 star. All things considered we had a good time but wouln not go back again. Jenny mac"

• Travel date: 7th October 2011

alright:S

Reviewed 25th May 2011

"I went to gardenia plaza with my family last august, was pleasant although food was not up to standards. However pancakes for breakfast were lovely! My sister actually got very dry skin to this day we are still unsure whether that was due to the pool. Average sized rooms, with good a/c! Entertainment every night, good for children as they have a kids club. Aerobics and water sports are carried out during the day by the staff, very warming and lovely.When first arriving do not get put off by some of the residents as the English are not used to it. The Area is pleasant, I found we didn't leave the hotel much except for when going to the beach which you will then take the bus they provide and leaving the area to go into the nearest town which has english bars etc. Overall I enjoyed the experience and would go back!"

• Travel date: 24th May 2011

To Be Avoided

Reviewed 29th November 2010

"Just back from the Gardenia Plaza, first impressions were very good but the reality was dirty smelly rooms, we were moved to a slightly better pool view room after complaining but although sheets and towels were changed every day, the mattresses were badly stained. the shower and tiles around were a disgrace and although some room staff were very nice others were extremely lecherous. On the patio the wicker table appeared to have dried sick on it that had been there forever!!! Supposedly A.I. there was only the main restaurant where you could eat for free and this was filthy, badly overcrowded with people pushing and shoving to get at food which was awful with no indication what it was and just slops. All we started having from the Restaurant was toast and fried eggs or omelette and took rolls and butter to the room for making up sandwiches later and we took a £10 taxi ride to a large supermarket to get food items to help us make do.I also took severe food poisoning after a few days there and had to get the Doctor which cost £650.00 English!! HOTEL FROM HELL IN THE MIDDLE OF NO-WHERE !!!!"

• Travel date: 26th November 2010

Featured on the Secret Tourist!!!

Reviewed 18th November 2010

"My friend and I went to the Gardenia in August and was absolutely appalled by our whole stay!! To name a few issues were - excrement in the pools, cups being taken out of bins and given back to you, inedible food etc etc!!! We have been furiously trying to claim some compensation but havent succeeded as of yet! We went through Bookable Holidays and they are very tight with their customer service and compensation!!! Two weeks after we came back the hotel was featured on the Secret Tourist saying that all the facilities were a disgrace!!! I would never ever recommend this hotel or this holiday company to anyone!!!"

• Travel date: 17th November 2010

Absolutely horrendous!!!!

Reviewed 16th November 2010

"I have just returned from a 2 week holiday to Sharm and was booked into Gardenia Plaza for 2 weeks on AI basis. To say this hotel is horrendous is an understatement!! Flies covered everything, the "restarant" was like a "works canteen" with jostling and rude agressive holidaymakers who were mainly from Russia and other eastern european countries - it is not a reflection on their nationality it was just that those who were agressive happened to be from those countries. Food was literally slop, broken and dirty furniture in room, bathroom horrendously dirty, flies and bugs in the sheets, torn curtains.... Took me and my friend nearly one week and £1000 to move hotel so we could salvage our holiday (We had already paid £1600 for the holiday). Other couples, holidaymakers moved during the week due to the same problems. This hotel claims to be a 4 star - it certainly isn't. I have been to Sharm El Sheikh 4 times previously and have stayed in 3star, 4 star and 5 star and know what to expect at each level. The gardenia plaza certainly is misrepresenting itself. Luckily I took pictures on my phone and digital camera and lodged a complaint with the rep almost immediatley and am now formally raising a complaint here in the UK through the relvant channels and process. I am so angry that we were ripped off!!! If this hotel hasn't featured on one of those secretly filmed "disaster holiday programmes" - it should be! b Appalling is the only polite word I can think of right now to describe the Gardenia! Thank goodness our second hotel restored our faith in Egyptian hospitality."

• Travel date: 15th November 2010

First Holiday with my girlfriend c**p

Reviewed 18th August 2010

"As you can tell by the title my girlfriend and i were realy happy to be going away together, I thought that going to egypt would be better then spain, greece ect. Its not trust me the staff are soooooooooooooo rude and food is c**p. just got back from domincan rep for the same price and that was brilliant!!!! All young couples dont go"

• Travel date: 14th August 2010

Brilliant Holiday

Reviewed 28th May 2010

"My daughter and I have just come back from a weeks holiday at this hotel. We had a brilliant time, rooms were cleaned everyday,beds changed every day, food was great. All the staff could not have been more friendlier, polite and helpful. Mohammed on reception was especially helpful, as well as Elsayed Khalil - restaurant manager. A great holiday had by both of us. Will definately return one day. Sue and Tracy - East Midlands"

• Travel date: 27th May 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Gardenia Plaza Resort

Top traveller tips for Gardenia Plaza Resort

• by Dee S

"Beware of abusive and threatening staff members!"

• by sarah - surrey

"dont bother checking in"

• by Graham R

"Please do not travel to the Gardenia Plaza"

• by weary

"Don't go if you are booking this as a four star Hotel"

• by Stoney01

"Do not go there - there are other 4 stars at similiar price range which are truly 4 star "

• by Queenie

"Go for it! Dont listen to tha bad reviews, give it a try !"

• by English man

"We had a nice relaxing holiday which was good value for money .."

• by GeordieAnnie

"Sunny Sharm with lovely beaches (Mailnly Coral)"

• by louisecooper

"book a hotel in namma bay"

• by pc56

"SHARM EL SHEIKH IS LOVELY. GOOD WEATHER, ONCE WE MOVED RESORTS THE STAFF WERE VERY FRIENDLY"

Gardenia Plaza Resort is also called

• gardenia plaza hotel
  • domina gardenia plaza
  • domina gardenia plaza resort