Falcon Hills Hotel

Um El Sid, Sharm El Sheikh BP 310 Egypt

Good
( 1989 reviews)

Great Holiday

Reviewed Mon 2nd of December 2013

"Excellent place to stay, you will be well looked after. I am going back for the second time at Christmas

This is a good place for family's or couples there's loads to do and they provide a bus service to most places

• Travel date: Thu 28th of November 2013

Falcon hell

Reviewed Tue 15th of January 2013

"Possibly the worst holiday I've ever had! Like most people we researched our holiday to within an inch of its life and were so excited when we came across falcon hills as the reviews were brilliant. We arrived on 27/12 excited for our new year getaway but were quickly deflated once we began checking in. We were aware this was a Muslim country and therefore as a gay couple we would have to be very discreet and respectful, but what we did not expect was for our room to be taken away from us because it had a double bed, when we gently explained why we had picked and paid extra for a double room, not twin, the staff were rude and unhelpful! They refused to change our room and we spent the night in separate beds, when we eventually got a double bed it was by no means in a double room but instead at the back of the hotel in a tiny room with one small window which over looked a fly tipping site!

We found the staff rude and unhelpful and they rarely looked at your face when speaking to you, when they did make conversation it was to get you to buy things, tell you that they watch you in your bikini or hassle you into writing a good review when you get home. I would like to say this was not all staff and there was one guy in particular who looked after the pool area, he was brilliant!

Finally the food was awful. We paid to go all inclusive as we thought it would be easier and hoped it would be a little luxury, this was not the case! We ate out nearly every night as the food was tasteless, repetitive and often had flies all over it!
I'm shocked at the amount of positive reviews this hotel has received and question if I was in the right hotel! I've slept in dirty hostels, ate from night markets and been hassled in some of the poorest countries in the world, yet nothing compared to that of Sharm. I'm sorry to say that I would never return to Egypt and I was happy to be home. "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2013

Falcon Hills - A great hotel

Reviewed Mon 5th of March 2012

"We have just returned from a wonderful week at the Falcon Hills Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh, the staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for us, the food was beautiful with lots of choice, the entertainment team great fun and the towel creations left in our room just brilliant.

We travelled with our two boys aged 4 and 5, and there wasn't any other children there for them to play with but Dodi the entertainter was great and even did mini disco with just him and my son!

The staff were really friendly and made us feel completely welcome.

We really have no complaints or even small whinges about Falcon Hills at all.

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of March 2012

Never Again!

Reviewed Mon 23rd of May 2011

"I have just returned from a weeks holiday at Falcon Hills hotel and what a miserable week it was! I totally agree with a previous reviewers comment that the hotel appears oppresive and enclosed, I felt like I was going stir crazy when in the complex. The staff were a mixed bunch, some friendly, others totally surly and unhelpful.
I am a single woman and was holidaying solo and once this was picked up on I didn't have a minutes peace from some members of staff and nearby shop keepers constantly bombarding me with invitations to allow them to escort me to see all the sights of Sharm of El Sheik, even phoning me when I was in my hotel room pestering me and refusing to take no for an answer, at first I was polite when decling these offers but in the end I just gave up explaining that I wasn't interested and began to ignore them whenever they approached me, this didn't go down well as I imagine they veiwed me as some sort of a 'Cash Cow' who they were not going to be able to milk.
The food at Falcon Hills was pretty dire, same menu on offer day in day out. On the plus side I did manage to lose 51b because I hardly ate.
Entertainment was awful, dreadful sound system and music playing Soooo loudly until around 11.30am which was a nightmare as my hotel room was very close to the source of the noise pollution so no escape for me.
I will be going back to Sharm next year, I love Egypt and most of the people are great I will be booking in at a 5 star hotel next time, I guess you get what you pay for but I wouldn't stay at Falcon Hills again even if they paid me. Just awful! "

• Travel date: Sat 21st of May 2011

Reviewed Fri 15th of October 2010

"We stayed at this hotel from 7/10/10 - 14/10/10 and it was just awful.
The food was a disgrace and you could not get food outside of eating times which was not good as we were ALL INCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!
There was no entertainment of an evening apart from a TV screen showing you the red sea and fish and for 2nights you had folk dancing and that was your lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody we spoke to was ill with the food and had to stay in bed for 2 days including my partner and myself.!!!!!!!!
Rumour had it that the food was recycled especially the rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The beach was no where near us and the closest one was a pebble beach and was free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you wanted to go to a sandy beach you had to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Travel date: Fri 15th of October 2010

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Reviewed Tue 10th of August 2010

"Four of us have just returned from Falcon Hills this month and I can honestly say that I cannot fault the place, Staff where constantly cleaning, food was good although drinks where a little on the small side, we basically got what we paid for, and a little bit more.

I would return again but maybe a cooler month as it was far too hot in July and we where too scared to venture far from water so spent much of our stay at the hotel all exclusive.

As for the country you could not meet more lovely people and we felt safe at all times."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of July 2010

great Winter Holiday

Reviewed Mon 12th of July 2010

"My Wife myself and another couple decided on a winter break at short notice and we chose the Falcon Hills Hotel we had a great time the hotel was very clean with friendly staff the food was good with late night burger and chips if wanted the spirit was free flowing with no limitations until 11pm after which you had to pay for it but we just stock piled drinks at five to and that lasted till midnight the entertainment was none existant but a taxi into Narma Bay was cheap, we were told before we went that it would be cool at that time of year, it wasn't the sun fried my wife's i-pod the daytime temp was an average 35-40 and 25 at night, "

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2010

was ok

Reviewed Tue 30th of March 2010

"clean welcoming food was ok but was almost the same everyday and night music big big let down as was the eveings staff all good tryed it once wont be going back"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of March 2010

The truth. falcon hills

Reviewed Wed 27th of January 2010

"Loved Egypt as a place. The beaches were not all so gud the sea was dirty but we found a lovely beach Reef beach just down from falcon hills,no sand but very colourful, beautiful fish. Me n my partner did alot of snorkelling. When we arrived all the staff were very helpful n welcoming.The rooms were clean n tidy.Unfortunately for us on our forth night of stayin in falcon hills,we arrived back late,sat wearin hardly any clothing as it was so hot we'd been chattin for over an hour. We'd not realised we'd left the curtain very slightly open.(We were on the ground floor). My partner then spotted a man in a navy blue top n trousers ( a uniform we noticed as security, the man who was supposed to be circling round the hotel grounds n pool area,to check everything was safe n ok) But He found time to stand nose to glass watching us,god knows how long he was watching us for. I didnt no what to do n i freaked out,my partner quickly got dressed n ran after the man,who knew the hotel very well and was able to get away by jumpin over the wall that was around the hotel. We went straight to reception where we were only able to speak to a member of the reception staff n not a manager until the next day,i mentioned ringing the police but was talked out of it by staff. They said they knew who he was and they would take care of it and get back to us. We waited 3 days,nothing, so i went to a manager of whom i asked to talk privately after explaining everything he looked shocked,i asked if he knew anything and i was told he knew nothing and that he hadnt even been informed of the incident and again to leave it to him and he will sort it. I waited a full day nothing so i decided to go back to the same manager every 2 days for information until i received the answer,we no who he is hes been suspended n half his pay deducted,then i found out the day before we were due to fly home from a bar tender that he was away on holiday. I was Very upset, frustrated and disappointed with the lack of help we received. NO one cared they just wanted us rid of before we told any other holiday makers. It ruined our holiday as it happened so early on,i would never go back to stay at falcon hills even if it were free!
The food was very basic it seemed virtually the same everyday,the only time there were a change was when new holiday makers arrived a couple of times a week,then there was something nicer to eat. The meat was always full of fatty hard bits. We made the mistake of almost tippin every night,strongly advice you dont tip until the end of ur hol. We learn't that lesson to late n didnt get the full service of waiters n bar tenders because as soon as we tipped them they went to another table and didnt serve us for the rest of the night,which was disapponting but Not every member of the bar and diner staff were the same some were very friendly especially our friend david the bar waiter.
Same with the cleaner,we were tippin every other time he came and on the day we didnt we were short of a bath n hand towel. Not trying to put you off egypt its a beautiful place, we just had a bad experience in a bad hotel :(

Lisa from Nottingham"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of January 2010

disgraceful

Reviewed Tue 26th of January 2010

"In the first 20 hours after arrival we demanded to change the room the room there put us in at first was dirty rubish alover the floor bed not made. First impressions were that this hotel is awful, and so it proved to be! Blankets were full of stains, room was dusty, and the cleaner never bothered to wash the bath or the toilet. No chemicals were used when he did the cleaning, so after more than one week of staying the toilet really stank, not to mention the drains frim the sink or the bath tub.
Staff were miserable. They were just too many of them, most being clumsy and really annoying. They came about 5 times during our meals to ask what room were we staying in. They would immediatly check against their systems - they were afraind we would eat too much!! Not that their food was nice... Breakfast was repetitive. So... for 10 whole days all we had fosr breakfast was hard boiled eggs, some saussages and slate bread! There wasn't too much to choose from. Dinner was limited to only 3 or 4 courses. And they were always the same: some kind of fish (undistinguishable), mash potatoes, miniature chicken drums and bread. Lots of bread. Stale!
Oh... did I mention fruits. No, I didn't because there was no fruit on the buffet. A big note advised you that if you wanted any you have to pay for it so I guess they were carefully hidden from people staying at Falcon Hills.
So we did some food shopping at the shops in town. well... every attempt to leave the hotel was a real adventure. Shopkeepers would be arressing and very rude.
It was the worst holiday ever! All our friends who visited Egypt before were thrilled about their holiday and quite shocked to learn about our experience.

this is the worst holiday ever and would never go back very rude and unplesent to me and my boyfriend throughout always asking for toilet rolls everyday complained to the management there just looked at us though we were stupid, we paid alot of money for this holiday and would not recomend it to anyone"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of January 2010

horrile

Reviewed Wed 13th of January 2010

"In the first 20 hours after arrival we demanded to change the room 3 times. First impressions were that this hotel is awful, and so it proved to be! Blankets were full of stains, room was dusty, the shower cap fell in my head and the cleaner never bothered to wash the bath or the toilet. No chemicals were used when he did the cleaning, so after more than one week of staying the toilet really stank, not to mention the drains frim the sink or the bath tub.

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of January 2010

just brilliant

Reviewed Wed 9th of September 2009

"Well after reading all the bad reports about this hotel we thought what have we done but we couldnt have been more wrong what a very enjoyable fortnight we had dont listen to any reports about horrible food or clenliness there was at least 4 differant choices every mealtime the pools were cleaned every night the staff was out of this world very freindly couldnt do enough for you all in all 100% enjoyable holiday if there was one thing they could improve then it would be the entertainment at night apart from that roll on next year cant wait to get back there."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of September 2009

Hotels near Falcon Hills Hotel

Stayed at Falcon Hills Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Falcon Hills Hotel

• nicola01 by nicola01

"do not go to this hotel very disapointed "

• klagden by klagden

"Snorkelling at the Ras Mohammed National Park was ace!! Not to be missed! "

• "I wish we stayed in the centre of sharm.Loved the nights out in the centre of sharm buzzin.Next time "

• mimisor by mimisor

"find something nicer! This is not a place to go if you are lookinf for relaxation. "

• dicko1 by dicko1

"GO OUT AND ENJOY A FREINDLY AREA "

• Louisa M by Louisa M

"The trip where you do Quad Bike riding and Camel ride and a BBQ a very excellent day "

• SallyG by SallyG

"Take the free trip to Soho Square, the fountains are great "

• emma.ellam by emma.ellam

"Snorkelling at Wind Beach in Naama Bay "

• Karen Churchill by Karen Churchill

"Snorkelling is out of this world "

• Blinding by Blinding

"Lovely country and lovely people "

Falcon Hills Hotel is also called