El Hayat Sharm Resort

13 B Peace Road Center of Nabq Bay, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

very relaxing holiday with all you need

"My husband and i stayed here for a week and when we arrived we where well impressed the staff are very helpful and the place is built to look like an old egyptian temple "some people commented to say it was all cracked" well it is meant to look that way ... the rooms where lovely real clean and lot's of space the bed are too comfy because you don't want to get out of them he he .. the food was wonderfull people on here saying it is bad ..then they don't know what good food is !! you hade a choice of everything and salads where to die for such a great selection and as for the deserts i would only look or i would of went home over weight . for the price we would recommend this to anyone .."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of March 2009

Chilling holiday

"Just got back from El Hayat and had a fab holiday. The staff cannot do more for you and are very friendly. The rooms were as good as the pictures in the brochures, spacious and lots of storage. Beds are also very comfortable n had clean sheets every day. Staff are very efficent, we called them as our safe wasnt working and they came up straight away. The food did get repetitive, but what was there was very fresh and a variety e.g. beef, chicken, pasta, bread, fish, grill. Although there wasn't much to do in the evening so I would reccomend going to Naama Bay which is 20 minute taxi drive away- or the hotel offer free shuttle bus. Staff enjoy the customers to chat to them, they know so many languages and are very knowledable. Gardens are beautiful and there is plenty of sun loungers however they do get full up quickly! Only one heated pool but why would you need heated pools in the Summers, reaching 45degrees?!?!. Don't let the below reviews put you off!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of March 2009

Out of this world i miss the hotel already would definetly go back!!!

"When i first got to the hotel i thought i looked amazing very egyption style the greeting i got when i got there was lovely we got a drink then a very kind gentlemen carried our luggage up to our room and explained eveything to us. All the staff are very well english spoken. I personally loved the animation team they were brill always working very hard to make the guests happy and i can say they made me happy. The food wasn't great but you cant always choose what you like to eat i was still happy to eat the food and it still filled my tummy :-) . Overall i really like this hotel and would recommend this hotel to any friends and family i would definetly go back to this hotel. Tish from england"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of March 2009

The food was pigswill

"Just returned from spending 14 days in sharm el sheikh, 5 days of which was spent in this hotel. When we arrived we thought 'wow', it looked magnificent on the outside, like a hollywood film set, but this thought didn't last long as we entered into the hotel's reception area. It was very grey and minimilistic. We had requested a ground floor rooom which was tiny and considering the hotel was only built in July 2008 it was in bad way. The furniture was old and battered and stained although the rooms were cleaned daily nothing looked clean. The pool area was very small (I wouldn't like to come here when the hotel is fool. There was a nice seating area around one of the pools though.
We thought it might get better but it didn't. The food can only be described as pigswill with very little choice. We only ate one meal as the rest was ineatable( a good way to lose weight). It was full of Russians, I have nothing against them,but all they did was get drunk and fight. The hotel is not suitable for the disabled as there are a lot of steps, and its not a place for children as there is nothing for them to do.
Luckily we were moved to a much better hotel where we really enjoyed the rest of her holiday.
Good Luck if you're booked to go to this hotel!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of March 2009

El Hayat Sham

"Hi all well just wanted to add a quick review for this hotel. i stayed with my sister, her fiance and two kids ages 1 and 2 (i did have my own room tho phew!! lol)..... see ipswichtown1983 for main review my sister made.

Hotel looks amazing but is very poorly built it seems.. loose wires, rusty fittings already and i got the shock of my life when the light fitting fell off the ceiling in bathroom as i brushed my teeth. House keeping staff are fab and very friendly,,, be amazed by the towel sculptures... leave extra towels on the bed for extra special scuptures ;-) one day we left the beach towels on the bed and came back to the most amazing crocodile. Bar staff also fab and especially good with the kids, pools once again lovely ortho out of the 3 only 1 is heated so this one gets crowded. plenty of loungers around the pools. Front of house staff/reception staff seem to not be too interested unless you are russian. Evening entertainment is very poor of a nite unless u are russian (are you sensing a theme yet). daytime entertainment around the pool is also aimed at the russian crowd. saying this i guess the hotel isnt aimed at the english. out of everyone only bumped into 7 or 8 other english people during our stay. i was lucky enough to have access to the hotel over the road "holiday village red sea" - this hotel is much more family friendly and much more aimed at the english market. if you have a choice and especially if u have young kids id recomend that hotel above el hayat.

finally the locals i spoke to call this hotel "EL HAYAT SHAM" - I think this is an apt discription.....lol"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of February 2009

A totally charming and unique hotel

"I also could not beleive the negative reviews I read about this hotel . It is a fabulous,friendly,relaxing,intimate and totally charming haven in the sun.

My friend and I have just returned from a week at the El Hayat and there was something for everybody to do and eat!! If however you like to live on a diet of burger and chips and pizza and do not appreciate healthy food and lots of variety this may not be for you.

It is clean ,well run and incredibly friendly and welcoming ,small and intimate enough to to socialise with other holiday makers . A short walk to the beach.There are three pools and individuals can sit around a peaceful or a more lively area. The rooms are lovely and the beds are so comfortable I wanted to take one home.

In terms of the candid photos from previous reviewers they must of gone out of their way to find any possible negative aspect .This is a new hotel which is bound to grow in popularity and continue to attract the more discerning traveller."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of February 2009

Not For Families With Young Children

"Im writing on here to tell you how disapointed i was

with my holiday.I stayed for 13 days at

the El Hayat Sharm resort in Egypt and it was 13 days

of hell.
When we arrived we thought 'WOW we have fallen on

our feet here' The feeling didnt last too long!

We were promply given our keys to our appartments

and given a welcome drink which was lovely,

unfortunatly the moment we walked in to the room we

were hit by the fumes of paint. upon expection we

found out the bathroom doom still had wet paint!! we

had 2 small children in the room to but they didnt

move us.

my 2 year old daughter learnt how to open the patio

doors which had no way of locking them on the inside,

you basically pull up the handle and they open. My

daughter got out of the one afternoon through these

inadequately secured doors, this was very

worrying as we were very close to one of the main

pools and a pond is aprox 3 meters from the door,

when we told reception of this problem, their solution

was to tell a 2 year old not to do it again! I told them

this was not good enough as next time the result could

be fatal!! after about half an hour of staring at the

patio door they put a piece of wood down so neither of

the patio doors could be opened. After this i was

wishing i was back home!! you are meant to relax on

holiday but i just kept waking up at night worrying she

might get out again

Other problems immedialy found with one of the

rooms was that we had 4 beds instead of 3 beds and 1

cot, bearing in mind we got to the hotel at 7pm it took

another 3 hours to finally get the bed changed to a cot

Considering this hotel only opened in july 2008 it is in

really bad condition and falling apart already

- restaurant on 1st floor and no lift so have to carry

push chair up 30 steps
- ONE highchair in the whole of the hotel. some days

had to wait 30 mins to get the highchair!!
- The food was lovely but became very repetive after a

few days as it was the same over and over again on a

positive note the food was always hot and the staff

were fantastic and even providing a birthday came for

my daughters birthday!
- Air con was very noisy in the room, instead of fixing

it they just turned it off!!
- The light fitting in the bathroom fell from the celling
-The safe's in both rooms were not permantly fixed to

anything so could just be picked up and walked out

-we were with out hot water for 2 days.
- At the front of both appartments had missing bulbs

and exposed wires at a level easly accesable to the

- The hotel is listed as having a squash court and

internet which won my sister over when booking the

holiday, only to be dissapointed once again as the

squash court was only half built and there was no

internet facilites!!
- A very poor snack bar, if you missed your meal and

thought i will get something from the snack bar all you

got was maderia cake or a stale biscuit EVERY DAY!!
- The front of hotel staff were not very welcoming at

all, to be honest we all felt very unwelcome at this

hotel i would defently not recommend this hotel to

anyone ... maybe its because i had small children?
-Entertainment is non existent
- water from shower took 20 mins to drain away!!

The best part of my hoilday was the housekeeping and

the friendly bar staff!

im sure there was more problems if i think of any i will

write them.

if you have young children needing a pushchair or fussy with food i wouldnt even bother with this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of February 2009

What are they complaining about?

"I'm here in Sharm at the moment, staying in the El Hayat Sharm Hotel.
I was shocked to read the reviews, I just don't understand what people want!!
I've never written a review before, but felt compelled to do so on this occassion.
The Hotel is beautiful, I couldn't believe it when the coach pulled up outside, it is like stepping back in time to Ancient Egypt.

The staff are great, freindly and helpful.

The food is fine, to be honest I'm very pleased to get away from the KFC and Burger King diet that is so popular now in England. When there is meat, fish, chicken, vegetables, salads and lots of lovely breads, fresh local fruits and desserts, what more do you need??

Could I suggest that the people who love England so much that they compare everywhere they go to it, stay there and enjoy a cold and windy holiday in Bournmouthe and leave us to ejoy new and enjoyable experiences in these beautiful countries!!!!!

Well done to the Staff and Management of El Hayat for giving me and my family a very enjoyable time here, I will be sad to leave on Sunday and will definately be coming back next year."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of January 2009

holiday from hell

"my husband an i have just returned after staying here for two weeks,and it was the worst two weeks of my life, from the outside of the hotel it looks lovely and at night it looks great but when you look closer the buildings have cracks the windows ar'nt fitted right, the food was trerrible and reptitive the spar well yes there is one but nothing worked and to use the sister hotel facilities you have to pay and to go to the beach you have to collet tokens from reception for which you can the get 1 water 1beer 1 cocktail and 1cola for all day at the beach and you can only sit on the orange sun loungers i would not recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to have a great holiday"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of January 2009

What a place!

"Just got back yesterday after 2 weeks in the sun. The Hotel itself looks very nice from the outside and also if you don't inspect too much on the interior. Basically, there are 3 swimming pools and one pool for kids which is 60cm deep. Of the 3 main pools only one is heated, meaning everyone sits around this one. This heated pool is also the smallest of the 3. There is a pool bar serving alcoholic and soft drinks along with Tea and coffee. The staff who serve and clean are all excellent. As an "all-inclusive" hotel, breakfast is served from 7am - 10am, and only food and drink can be eaten in the restaurant, so no cup of tea by the pool before 10am! All inclusive, well from 10am to 11pm drinks on offer. There is a "late breakfast" between 11am and 12 noon by the pool which everyday is turkey ham or very strong cheese cobs with cucumber and tomato. lunch is at 1pm - 3pm, which most days is soup, rice, beef stew with vegetables, fish and chicken, with potatoes. Dinner at 7pm till 10pm is exactly the same and also a barbeque outside the restaurant. Food is the same day in day out day in day out. cakes and biscuits are served by the pool at 5pm, same stuff everyday. luckily over the road is churchills, who do a mean english breakfaast, burgers etc. Kfc, mcdonalds and burger king meant i didn't starve for 2 weeks.
Entertainment is non existent apart from aerobics am by the pool and volleyball of an afternoon. After the pool closes at sunset, there is nothing more to do apart from take a shower and have a nap. There is a bar in the lobby which also doubles as the reception area, there is no evening entertainment apart from a little background music. There is an underground club which opens from 10pm but all inclusive guests still have to pay for drinks whatever time they get there!
whilst we were there the hoteliers had to change locks on all the apartments as each key was a skeleton key and could open any door! balcony doors do not lock on double doors, windows were held in place with masking tape and had holes where you could put your finger through. There wasn't any kids club at all, supposed to have a sauna, jacuzzi and lots of other stuff which is all non existant. At last orders on all inclusive, only one drink per person could be ordered and you couldn't even buy any drinks after 11pm. Also there were no clocks to be seen and time was judged by the bar mans mobile phone!
Overall, a very poor hotel not suitable for any age groups, we met lots of people there and no one had a good word to say, from the over 60's, honeymooners, couples, singles and us with an 11 year old child. If you are going here try the sister hotel laguna vista which we heard good reports about.
The best part of the holiday was the housekeeping which was always tremendously done, with little towel sculptures and the bar staff who always did there best with all of the customers.
Overall 2/10"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of January 2009

Hotels near El Hayat Sharm Resort

Stayed at El Hayat Sharm Resort? Share your insight.

El Hayat Sharm Resort is also called