Dreams Beach Resort

Um El Sid Cliff, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good
( 1941 reviews)

Dreams Beach Resort

Reviewed Mon 12th of January 2015

"We have just returned from this resort so here is my feedback. This Hotel is NOT a 5* resort by any stretch of the imagination. The rooms are tired, the food choice was the same all week, we had to book for the Asia restaurant which was at best described as average. Our All Inclusive deal turned out not to be, had to pay for water in the room, in fact could not even get a Cappuccino even though we were prepared to pay for it,(even though it was more expensive than London, in fact prices generally are very high) Tea was basic choice, black or green, no Egyptian on offer. You should also note that the resort is primarily a Russian Resort putting us in the minority for all activities in terms of language. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable so a big plus factor to what we felt was a very average resort, we will not be returning. As a footnote, this was my 3rd visit to Sharma and 5th to Egypt having been to Hurgada and Cairo and this was by far the most disappointing trip. And please beware of the tour rep, he made promises to us that he did not keep"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of January 2015

Dreams Beach comes up trumps again

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2014

"Our 8th visit to Dreams Beach did not disappoint. The Asia and Mexican were closed while we were there but enjoyed several beautiful meals at the Pergola - top class service and food as usual.New Dive Crew - Coral Dive Club are fantastic. Made lots of new friends and they were enthusiastic/ knowledgeable / professional - need I say more. Go and see them - and at least go snorkeling - out of this world - even saw a turtle whilst snorkeling off the beach !!!Casper in the Papyrus shop - always a pleasure to see you xx. Adel and team at the beach bar are always good for a laugh and look after everyone.Room clean and spacious.Cleaner good as usual!Animation team are much improved - say hello to Beccie and Claire who always went out of their way to make you feel special.Too many others to mention.Also try the beauty parlor - I was made to feel very special by the lovely lady who owns it.Go to the Bedouin Tent after dinner to unwind and have a drink and say hello to our friend Medhat whom we have known for 8 yrs.Yes there are lots of Russians there but just remain friendly and polite and the Egyptians will treat you like royalty .You have to go !!"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2014

Dreams beach ups their game again

Reviewed Wed 21st of May 2014

"Visiting the the Dreams Beach for the sixteenth time. Every time one of the aspects of the service and entertainment improves. This time the animation team have impressed me and my wife the most. Have never seen such performances this team have put together, exciting and exhilarating jumps to mind shared by most of the guests. You will be standing on the perimeter as all seats are taken one hour before the show starts, some the acts compare to a west end show. Have already booked for November but still enjoying the whole experience in May. Many thanks to all the staff for all your efforts and making people feel special.

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2014

wish i had stayed at work

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"Thomas cook sell you this lovely idea of a nice 5 star hotel, you get a nice glossy brochure with pretty pictures and you cant wait to go on your hols :), then you get of the plane, :( it all goes wrong from that moment on, you get hassled for money when loading bags onto the coach, the hotel is way beyond a lick of paint, toilet filthy, shower leaks, beds have hair in them dirt on the floor, furniture broken, mirror cleaned with sand paper, beach 1 giant ash tray, no entertainment, kids in night club ? the list goes on.
Please, Please dont waste your money, i am in the process of suing Thomas Cook, they have my complaint along with the evidence, they have miss described this absolute joke for a 5 star holiday. "

• Travel date: Sat 29th of December 2012

First and last

Reviewed Mon 9th of July 2012

"Don't waste your money, the resort is way past it's use by date and was clearly once an 18-30 resort and still is. No good for families only couples young couples who's idea of a good place is somewhere with loud music and free booze. If you are someone with children or a couple wanting relaxation, nice food and drinks that come in a glass rather than a child's plastic beaker, then this ain't the place for you. The food was limited to basically Russian tastes and didn't expand on much else and the beer or wine must be home brewed. The main pool is just chock block with Russians getting drunk being loud and generally being ars#h*#^s. The so called Animation Team, who were meant to interact with guests and especially kids were seen to spend their time chatting up any Russian pool jocks. When it came to them and kids it was just a joke with some of them deliberately ignoring any youngsters. The play centre and outdoor play area was in a disgusting state and the few play rides were unsafe. There were two smaller pools down near the beach that were quieter and kept our three kids happy until two Russians kids decided to break the small water slide before buggering off without any care in the world. If you don't mind the walk you are best to get over to the Dream Vacation resort and use its much better pools and facilities which you can use. I tried a couple of beach activities which are promoted by various rep lads, the trip out to the nearby NATO occupied island was ok but you only get 20 minutes to snorkel and the rest of the time is spent Dolphin watching which thanks to us getting a spot on guide was really good. As for my paragliding experience it went like this - rep tells me you get 10 minutes up in the air and it will be done from the resort - 6 bods on board - some going up as pairs - out for about an hour - cool I thought that wil do me. Get to the beach hand over £30 Sterling, wait and wait, eventually led to small Rib and told as I am getting onboard that all rides from the beach area full (by the way it's not actually a beach just rock with access to the sea via jetties) then informed that I will have to go to Narma Bay for my paragliding. So off I go - get dropped off and clearly no bugger knew why I was there - then after some considerable time told to get on a transfer boat - off again another Rib and an exchange of gullible tourist was made between two moving boats in a manoeuvre that you would usually only see on some action movie involving US Navy Seals or the SBS, how no one ended up falling in between the two moving vessels and eaten by the propellers was a miracle. Then it was a case of waiting for your turn and as I waited it became clear that the 10 minute ride was only going to be 3!!. Another high risk moving exchange - back to the bay - more confusion amongst the reps and another long wait for my return ride back to the resort. In all it was £30 for 3 minutes and a staggering THREE HOURS!!!!!!! - I was well ticked off by the time I got back and was ready to do some Egytian jail time if I saw the little git that got me signed up for the experience. TWO weeks we spent at Dream Beach and although the staff were very friendly and generally helpful it is not somewhere I would recommend to anyone. I have travelled and lived in various parts of the world and met people from several nations but until this trip I have never met a nationality as rude, ignorant and greedy as the Russians and believe it or not the kids were as bad as their parents! I could go on and on about the trip but I would say if you have read this far you have got the gist of my review. "

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2012

Dreams beach resort

Reviewed Mon 30th of January 2012

"Dreams beach we thought the room was nice and clean good English movie channel which was much appreciated as it was chilly and boring after about three o'clock . The weather was better then expected hot most mornings cold at night.food was ok don't know what the fuss is about Asia house we thought it overpriced and average .coffee all over the resort was variable toostron or weak or cold.an incident occurred which affected our money and I must admit this was handled superbly by management ..do not like all men cleaners go into the ladies male cleaners there.all the bar staff where excellent and friendly .alcohol was not the best wine was most pleasant husband could not drink the gin . Cliffs and sea was beautiful overall reasonable for the price three star resortU"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of January 2012

Lovely Hotel for families and couples

Reviewed Wed 27th of July 2011

"Me and my fiance came to his hotel and had a fantastic time. The main pool had the swim up bar (which we enjoyed) and entertainment. There was also a quiter pool for those who preferred. The food was lovely although we was a bit annoyed Thomas Cook did no tell us that some of the resturants charged. Our hotel room was modern and the cleaner came everday. The entertainment was not brillant but we still had fun. People do come up to you trying to get you book up a spa treatment or resturant etc but once you say no they do leave you alone. If you are going anyway in Egypt prepare to haggle! The moment we stepped of the plane people were offering to take our bags at a cost to getting in a cab, to buying sweets in a shop. Overall we did not have any compliants and would recommend this hotel to anyone. "

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2011

brillant

Reviewed Wed 22nd of June 2011

"Have just arrived back from dream beach. The weather was beautiful. Six in are party including two children they loved every minute of the holiday. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. We enjoyed lunch at the pool bar burgers pizza meat balls chicken and chips.The main restraunt was closed at lunch time as they were getting work done. The meals at night were nice and you always found something to eat. Lovely cakes and jellies and ice cream. The beach was brill all the fish swam around your feet. Coral was beautiful. The shops at dream beach were more expensive than Vaction especially caspers. Have already booked for october we are looking forward to it and we dont think we would go back to spain. "

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2011

5th visit - definitely returning next year

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

"When first you arrive, the guy asking for £1 per case is not the bus driver - but I agree the driver does nothing to stop him - it is a bit of a worry but just throw up your hands and say "no change sorry" and your cases will still go on the coach.
The hotel is quiet at present but it is getting busier each week - but at least plenty of sunbeds.Spa guy Abou will get them a bad name as I agree he would ask my name and offer treatments at least 4 times a day just say a firm NO as soon as he starts talking and he will go away.
Staff brilliant - we DO tip the staff , not much but they do not expect it as their right.food good, snorkeling fantastic, Pharoh Divers - brilliant.We saw Moray Eels, octopus, tuna, napoleon, nudibranch,nemo,White tip reef shark (don't panic), manta, trumpet fish, sargeant major fish, angel fish, lion fish, crocodile fish,barracuda, eagle ray - shall I go on???????
Asia house and Mexican and my place all extra to pay but drinks still AI and can thoroughly recommend all of them.Do go down to the Bedouin Tent in the evening fo a drink, Egyptian music playing - no singer!!!(they have gala eveings there 2 times a week but otherwise it is really peaceful)the staff will be pleased to serve you as not many people go down there - try the hubba bubba pies too if you wish !!will continue this review another time.xx"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

fab

Reviewed Wed 13th of April 2011

"fantastic hotel, food was fantastic,drinks fantastic, service also fantastic,great disco which falls under all inclusive,highly recommend.

• Travel date: Sat 9th of April 2011

A great place to holiday

Reviewed Tue 6th of April 2010

"A first time visit to Egypt with my family and it was a great success. The hotel was spotless with staff constantly on hand to greet and help. Rooms are spacious and having a party of 5, had 2 interlocking rooms which was brilliant. The main resturant had a good choice of food with several other resturants on site to choose from (Asian, Mexican, Chinese, etc) either included in our all inclusive board or for a reasonable charge. Their is a great choice of pools or the beach which is layered into the cliffs. If you want to access the water you have to do it via the jetty because of the coral, but you need to get up early to get a sun bed. Activities going on throughout the day and evening entertainment. Only left the resort once to visit Nahma Bay, (prepare to to be hassled) and was surprised at the size of the place with favorite english take out joints and plenty of souvenier shops to test out your haggling skills. All in all, a great place to stay and would love to return."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of April 2010

watch the safe

Reviewed Mon 15th of March 2010

"having just returned from dreams beach we feel we must warn other guests to be aware of how much money they have in the safe we had £60 taken from ours without any sign of entry it seems someone uses a master key and just removes a little,management didn't believe it i think they all work together we informed the police again they were very intimidating ,we got nowhere we felt like criminals, it seems to be all about tips tips tips, to cap it all when we arrived back home our holdall type bag had the lock broken off and a camera memory stick taken,not very good memories of egypt.rep did her best to help but got nowhere."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of March 2010

Hotels near Dreams Beach Resort

Stayed at Dreams Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Dreams Beach Resort

• robert G by robert G

"dident see city because the resort was so nice! "

• kellie1 by kellie1

"Excellent snorkelling "

• juicy101747 by juicy101747

"really goodd...good shopping friendly people and plenty of taxis "

• xdianex by xdianex

"loved quad biking in the dessert "

• Stephie Baby by Stephie Baby

"Go there and have the best experience! "

• Wayne by Wayne

"If you are going anyway in Egypt prepare to haggle! "

• Kaneuk70 by Kaneuk70

"Fast forward to your last day and never look back. "

• Penone by Penone

"Relax and enjoy the experience the dreams delivers "

• Georgina A by Georgina A

"Say please and thankyou and chat to the staff. "

• Trevor S by Trevor S

"stay in the rooms near the spa at the bottom end of the resort "

Dreams Beach Resort is also called