Domina Coral Bay Oasis

Marsa El Dekhela PO Box 74, Sharm El Sheikh 46619 Egypt

DISGUSTING STAFF AND MANAGEMENT

Reviewed Mon 6th of July 2015

"After the shootings in Tunisa this hotel up till yesterday, a staff member dressed in a TUX with a fake hand gun, going up to tourist and spiting at their heads???
SICK AWFUL PEOPLE. "

• Travel date: Sat 4th of July 2015

Don't listen to anyone else

Reviewed Thu 1st of September 2011

"Most of the story's here are written because they have experienced bad holidays but infact not many people come back from a holiday when it's good saying "I'm going to write a review now" so I would keep this in mind when traveling here.

I traveled her a few weeks ago and everything was really nice. On Tuesday's they have Egyptian night in the coral restaurant which was really nice as the had Egyptian food and egyption music. In the entrance there was a bit where you could take a picture with a spinx.

On one night there it was my sisters birthday and they had a birthday cake ordered in and the sung and clapped it was really special.

They have a spa there that was really worth visiting as it is 20€ a day but worth it as you feel more relaxed with lots of different pools. I had a massage and it was heavenly but my mum said that it was nicer on the beach.

The only problem for me was some of the Russians as I am English I found they pushed in and felt like they were above evryone else. This is my only grumble.

There was even a bar in the pool which we all thought was really cool.

I had an enjoyable time and hope everyone else does. I would say take lots of suncream and there wasn't many english though if you are many staff will want to talk to you which is nice because as they say"they like the English" enjoy your holiday and experience it for yourself"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of August 2011

Don't stay at this hotel.....ever!

Reviewed Wed 13th of April 2011

"Three of us stayed at this hotel in February this year and the only thing going for it is the weather! We were only able to use one of the resturants advertised, where the food was really disgusting. Even though we were all inclusive. The spar was shut and so was all the other resturants and pools in the resort apart from one. The taf tafs around the resort were hard to come by. Sometimes we had to wait up to an hour for one. The rooms were very grubby. The patio doors were broken. We weren't picked up from the airport when we had booked a transfer so had to get a taxi. We tried daily to get hold of our rep but he wouldn't answer the phone. We couldn't go in the sea because of the sharks.(weren't allowed) The hotel had just laid off 800 staff because they were so quiet. We were 3 of 80 guests staying in a resort with thousands of guests. I have never written a review before.........just felt I needed to this time so people don't make the same mistake as us. Please don't go!"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of April 2011

Definately not for the English

Reviewed Wed 20th of October 2010

"I booked this supposed 5 Star Holiday as a break after losing my husband sudenly in a motorcycle accident, I travelled from 30/09/2010 - 11/10/2010. I wish I had never gone!!! My daughter, fiancee and 2 young children stayed for 1 week during my 11 night stay. We were all glad that we were put in the same block but that was the only plus point. On waking up on the first morning I found a dead ant next to my pillow, then more on the floor. On the last few days we had ants near the bathroom sink also. The fridge in our room bearly chilled anything you put in it.
There was not much entertainment especially for my 4 year old grand-daughter and 17 month old grandson. When we did ask about the childrens club we were told it was at 9pm near the pool. We got ready and went near the pool but couldnt see many children, we waited for 25 - 30 mins then the animation team came around the pool with various
nationalities in beach clothes who after a few minutes gesturing to each other across the pool, one man pulled a 'moony' and gave hand signals to the opposing group.I dont mind good fun but I would hardly call this childrens entertainment.
Asd for the food I was so glad I was only Bed and Breakfast, but even so 7 out of 8 of us came home with food poisoning, as other English have said, the hotel seems to cater only for Russian, Italian etc.
My daughter had lost or had her money stolen whilst in Naama Bay and 24 hours before checkout explained to the reception that she was in touch with family back home in England about getting hold of some funds as she had acquired a room bill, upon explaining this to the Reception she was told to 'sell her phone' if she had to, obviously she was very upset. But the next day she was followed everywhere she went by the Hotel Security (even following her when she was taking her 4 year old daughter to the toilets by the pool, in my opinion she was treated like a criminal. The Hotel itself upon arrival looks like a 5 star but the further you go you realise it is far from 5 star.
Generally the rooms were cleaned daily and the concierge staff were very good, and the taf taf drivers but on the whole I would definately not go there again and would advise anyone else to leave well alone."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of October 2010

Spare Yourself...Find Someplace Else!

Reviewed Tue 17th of February 2009

"Whether you're single or have a family, I CANNOT recommend staying at Domina Sharm El Sheikh. My reasons are:
1) It has NO transportation provided to get to downtown (Private taxis are $6 each way);
2) We found a maggot in our room service sandwich-YUCK;
3) A minimum of $30 per person is charged for every mediocre meal eaten on the compound (though breakfast is complimentary);
4) The resort has an "organic" farm; however, I didn't see that any of the vegetables were being used in the restaurants;
5) The resort goes on "Domina Time," which is a ridiculous one hour past the real time in Sharm. Perhaps they are trying to match their assinine slogan of "We're making Domina better than Dubai"?;
6) The domina resort is an over-developed maze of indishdinguishable buildings built on acres and acres of land; waiting for the open-air bus (Taf Taf 2) and getting to one's destination on the resort takes anywhere from 12-20 minutes. That's 20 minutes you can't afford to lose if you're trying to get to the free breakfast buffet before it closes at 9:30am (10:30am "Domina Time"). Walking to get around the resort means many hills, stairs, and requires a VERY good sense of direction.

One the bright side, Domina is right on the ocean and does have a coral reef on its property (just beware of jellyfish that the staff swear are harmless but do sting quite badly). The rooms were very clean, though the mattresses weren't exactly the most comfortable. The staff, if they're not ignoring you, can also be quite nice and helpful.

Overall, I recommend staying someplace else that's all-inclusive, and has better transportation. I had to walk my bags from the reception all the way to the front gates of the resort because no Taf Taf happened to be driving around at that time. The perfect conclusion to a VERY frustrating vacation!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of February 2009

all inc but not as we know it

Reviewed Thu 12th of February 2009

"This is not an all inc. resort. All food outside the all inc. restaurant is charged. The only 'snacks' available were dried pastries and cake.
It's huge..we got lost 4 times when we first arrived going from our room to the restaurant and back again.
We tried to get a drink in the evening as part of the all inc. package but we couldn't find the bar. We then bought two gin and orange and two vodka and tonics and were charged £40!!!!
The beach is lovely as is the pool. Staff are friendly and the resort was very clean. There is extensive building work being undertaken at the moment but it didn't effect time by the pool.
Take care if you're females travelling on your own..
We were the only english there, mostly from Russia, Italy and Saudi.
Food is ok. Not 5* standard and the queues to get into the restaurant were sometimes 20/30 guests long.
The animation staff were very good but they're turbo charged to get you to attend evening entertainment as all drinks are charged."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of February 2009

I stayed at the Oasis resort. It was am...

Reviewed Thu 26th of June 2008

"I stayed at the Oasis resort.

It was amazing, my girlfriend and i had the best holiday ever!

we arrived at around 1900 and was shown to our room with a sea view, the man who showed us to our room demanded a tip so i gave him £20 and from then on he treated me like a king but that was all he got from me.

That night i went to the casino ate and drank there, played roullete and won around £1800 18000e£ so that was a good start to the holiday.

The food was good and staff were very friendly.

The next morning i upgraded from my hotel to the Prestige which was fit for a king, WOW!
We got a private shofer from the hotel into Naama bay, what can i say everything there was to my liking and came back with so much stuff.

Throughout the holiday i couldnt fault a thing except the tourists in hotel they were very rude and i got in a few arguments.

• Travel date: Thu 26th of June 2008

having been to this hotel twice now,i un...

Reviewed Thu 29th of May 2008

"having been to this hotel twice now,i understand about the food comments however we enjoyed the food and the service was excellent,great value for money and actually im english my wife is russian and yes the russians are ignorant at times but the girls very pretty!
I found the staff very helpful and they remembered us from before so we seemed to get alot of attention from them!
All inclusive is great if you like to drink lots of soft drinks,juices and ice during the day and evening,these people work so hard and i can only thank them for making our holiday so good and relaxing.
We actually were booked into coral hills resort and left there after 1 night ,if you want to be disappointed go there and you will realise how good Dominian Coral Bay is
Thankyou for all the staff and see you next year
Chris,Nadaya,Alex"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of May 2008

What can I say about the hotel, it was a...

Reviewed Fri 2nd of May 2008

"What can I say about the hotel, it was absolutely fantastic, excellent value for money.
The resort is six hotels in the one resort and although you cannot use all the facilities in the resort, you don't need to as there is plenty in your surrounding area.
We stayed at the Sultan part of the complex and when we arrived quite late at night we were met at the main entrance and transported along with our luggage down to our particular reception. The check in process took about 10 minutes but they ran through everything that we needed to know and provided us with a map to find our way around the resort. Once we had checked in our luggage was loaded on to a taftaf which is the form of transportation around the resort and we were taken to our room which had a fabulous view over the pool and the bay.
The room itself was quite spacious and very clean and the cleaner came every day and replaced the towels and the linen. We had air conditioning which was a lifesaver as the temperature was around 120 degrees every day.
The pool area was great and had its own pool bar which provided snacks at dinner time of hotdogs, burgers and chicken burgers and there was no need to take any towels as you were given towel cards which you exchanged round the pool or at the beach for your towel.
The food was brilliant and the range was huge. The only thing I would say is that when you are having breakfast don't leave your food unattended as the birds tend to come and help themselves but you can help yourself to boiled eggs, waffles with chocolate sauce and a chef stands and cooks eggs just how you like them so it could be fried, scrambled or as an omlette.
The hotel takes up the whole of the coral bay and there are only certain places where you can walk into the water. Most of the time you have to go out on the floatation platform but the marine life is amazing.
A taxi from the airport is about 10GBP and it is advisable to agree the price before you get in the taxi otherwise it can be a bit tricky to haggle afterwards.
A must excursion is to the pyramids at Cairo. I would say it is better to fly up as the coach journey can take 6 hours whereas the flight is only 30-45mins. it is an early start (around 4.30am) and you arrive back in resort at about 9pm but it is amazing. You go to the Egyptian museum, Papyrus Institute and then the pyramids and the sphinx. Lunch is provided so you only need money if you want to buy anything.
Snorkelling is a must to see the marine life and you can hire masks and flippers from the diving centre for about £4.50GBP for the day. You can go on a boat trip which can be either a half or full day and snorkelling equipment and drinks are included in the price which was around £20GBP per person but is worth it. Take plenty of suncream if you on the boat as the wind blows and you don't realise how hot it is so you can easily burn.
Naama bay is busy and is only about ten minutes down the road, a taxi will be about 4-5GBP but again you need to haggle with the driver to get the best price.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks and would advise going all inclusive otherwise it can get a bit expensive for food and drink with half a lager costing £3.80GBP and a pizza £6.10GBP.
Ignore the bad reviews on this hotel and see for yourself, I was a bit wary from what I had read but I had nothing to worry about. There are a lot of italian and russian guests who can be a bit rude but that is down to the cultures and not the individuals but the staff are really friendly and go out of their way to help."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of May 2008

After being in Cairo for couple of days,...

Reviewed Sun 13th of January 2008

"After being in Cairo for couple of days, stepping into Sharm El Sheikh truly surprised me. It's very different too busy Cairo or Luxor.

This resort is absolutely amazing. It's just next to the Hilton and Sheraton Hotels. I think it's 4 star hotel, where we paid £50 for a double room. I think April was not the hottest season. The hotel feels as a resort, or a small village on the beach.

Rooms are basically small, white houses with beautiful views. No need to go outside resort as it also has a small town centre with about 20 shops, 4/5 different restaurants, 2 pools, disco bar, travel agency, bike hiring facilities and the list is endless.

There are ranges of activities next to the pool area and lots of real entertainment. My husband was selected for to be Mr Universe, but had to compete against 10 different men. Activities include exercise classes or activities for children. People can also meet travel agents in the resort that can organise trips to Mount Sinai or surrounding areas.

Red sea is famous by its beauty and so is the beach. Houses/rooms are surrounded by beautiful gardens with flowers. The sight of the resort made me calm. Rooms were spacious and clean. However there was no room service for food.

Restaurants offer great range of food. Some even have live entertainment and are very welcoming.

The resort has 2 negatives. First of all the cleaners that always begged for money. Sometimes they made us feel awkward. Also, nothing against Russian people but I didn't like the behaviour of some Russian tourists. Especially young girls, which were in the resort actively looking for foreigners. Eastern European by origin myself, I was often greeted in Russian language and sleazy smiles from men. When I was changing £20 in the bank, the banker asked who gave me that money.... I didn't appreciate those reactions, as I'm a decent and a successful girl that simply came there to relax with my husband.

Apart from that, I fully recommend this resort. I will be returning there in the future. Especially if I have children. "

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

The Domina Coral Bay resort includes 6 "...

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2007

"The Domina Coral Bay resort includes 6 "5 stars" hotels sharing an area of 1 million square meters.

The "Oasis" hotel is the cheapest one. I got a room in the block #34. My room was ok even if it could be a little bit cleaner.

The view from its balcony, over the sea and over the salt lake was absolutely wonderful. I strongly believe that the Domina Coral Bay resort boasts a (perfect) location and a range of facilities like no other resorts in the whole Sharm el Sheikh area.

A large sandy beach, a nice (and protected) house reef, a big floating solarium with n.2 floating swimming pools, access to the sea via pontoon or "direct" (in a dedicated section), nice communal areas, a supermarket, a pharmacy, a diving centre. More than a "resort" it looks like a real village...

"Oasis" guests can access the coral restaurant that certainly can be improved! I am on a diet and I perfectly survived, but the coral restaurant can be improved!

The resorts caters mostly Russians guests. Maybe this is the reason why I did not appreciate too much the Coral restaurant (I am Italian).

I would recommend this resort because of its location and its range of facilities, but in my view the oasis hotel cannot be considered a real "5 stars.” Anyway, I certainly got what I paid for."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of November 2007

This was our first time to Egypt and I c...

Reviewed Sun 29th of April 2007

"This was our first time to Egypt and I can honestly say that Domina Coral Bay was an excellent hotel. It was just like paradise.

The resort itself was like a small town and everything was spaced out so that it wasn't overcrowded. There was Taftafs which ran regularly around the resort and took you to the main reception and the 60-something souks that were in the resort.

We had an unspoilt sea view from our balcony and the rooms were spotlessly clean. The cleaners would give us fresh towels, dressing gowns and bedding everyday and we had a complementary mini bar on arrival.

We were spoilt for choice with beaches and swimming pools and there was a large number of clean, excellent restaurants, ranging from Moroccan to Italian. We sampled many of the A.I restaurants and the food was superb!

I'd highly recommend this resort for anyone; in particular those people whom love sea life as the coral reef is spectacular.

The staff were all very friendly and there was no language barrier as all the staff we me seemed good at speaking English, Italian and Russian.

The only slight problem we had was our luggage was lost at Domina Coral Bay on our day of departure; although they were very helpful in helping us find it!

Overall, we could not fault Domina Coral Bay resort and Casino and I would recommend this hotel fully to everyone."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of April 2007

Hotels near Domina Coral Bay Oasis

Stayed at Domina Coral Bay Oasis? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Domina Coral Bay Oasis

• ann&abbie by ann&abbie

"hotel based, very clean, not for single females "

• IndigoQ by IndigoQ

"It's like Cancun--man-made for enjoyment of the beach. "

• IndigoQ by IndigoQ

"The Buddha Bar, the open-air shisha dens downtown & Snorkeling "

• Relaxed holiday maker by Relaxed holiday maker

"Try all the new things available "

Domina Coral Bay Oasis is also called