Pyramisa Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh

After reading a lot of negative comments...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"After reading a lot of negative comments on this hotel but not feeling daunted until I had tried myself, I am most happy to say that the hotel was a real pleasure to stay in with service being second to none.

Being only 10 mins from Sharm airport it was a great choice for us and we were greatly surprised when we arrived at a very impressive hotel forecourt. The lobby and reception area is lush with palm trees and waterfalls and we were shown by a cheery porter to our room on the first floor of the main building. It was very light airy and above all, clean. Although I agree the hotel should not be classed as Five Star it is indeed five star plus with service and cleanliness, I think it could maybe just do with a facelift in the rooms perhaps decor and furniture upgrade.. Our room was cleaned every morning with fresh towels and bedding and wonderful sculptured swans and flowers adorned our beds each day, made from our towels.

We chose to eat at Bora Bora each day mainly because it is non-smoking and so friendly. I will never forget our waiters, Mohammed, Tarek, Amr, Hazam to name but a few, who gave us excellent service with a smile every day. Nothing was a trouble to them. They also gave me an unforgettable birthday celebration, with singing, dancing, drums beating and carrying an enormous birthday cake right round the restaurant. A truly wonderful crew of chefs and waiters, who were so polite and a pleasure to chat to.

Every day my husband and I chose to use the small pool near to beach 3, and although we had to climb many stairs back up to our room, we preferred that from sitting round the overcrowded large pool that was full of ignorant Russians. Beside this pool was a wonderful little bar with the best barman Hosam in Egypt, a true gentleman. We have probably had the best holiday in years at the Pyramisa, where we have met many great friend both English and Egyptian and cannot wait until next year to return. We now will relish our happy memories that we have of our first stay in Sharm el Sheik and the biggest and friendliest hotel, the Pyramisa, which could not be faulted for service and cleanliness.

A small note regarding the food, there was 7 restaurants and also many chefs cooking food on demand that if you could not find something to your taste you must be either very very fussy or just plain boring. Yes my husband did experience one day with the runs!! but after a couple of English tablets he was sorted out in just 4 hours, after all you can go to any European country and still get "Spanish tummy" or the "Greek trots"!!

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

We booked our holiday a week before we w...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"We booked our holiday a week before we went and after reading the reviews I was a little daunted. Our room was clean, we had a great view, the weather was amazing, the beach and snorkelling was fantastic and the small pool by beach 3 was our favourite place as it was right near our room.

We were careful - avoided ice in drinks, salad, rice etc. We booked a trip to Cairo with our rep - for 4 days after we arrived, thinking that if we were going to be ill we would be fine by then. We got ill the night before our trip and were so ill we couldn’t go therefore losing £270. Imodium didn’t do a thing - we had horrific stomach cramps and dodgy stomachs. I couldn’t tell you what caused it - no one seems to know but nearly everyone gets it. Be prepared!!

The food was ok - the restaurants pretty much serve the same stuff, rice, chicken and the same fish cunningly disguised in a different coating - we were so bored by the end of the first week we went into Naama bay a lot in the 2nd week- hard rock, camel bar both great food, huge meals and cheap-(never got ill that week either).

All in all the hotel was fine but I am not convinced by the all inclusive aspect - unless you don’t mind eating the same kind of thing everyday. Also all of the spirits taste exactly the same - not good - and avoid the wine unless you like to drink chlorine.

The staff were friendly and worked hard - we had a lovely birthday celebration too! The hotel is really in need of an update - the foyer looks like the town of Bedrock. I would definitely go back to Sharm but I would stay somewhere else.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

Hotel noisy catered for children no adul...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"Hotel noisy catered for children no adult entertainment, no sun bed at pool unless you got there at 0600hrs. Food often cold caters for Russian and Asian Arabs no English food no fruit .

Hot plates for your salad & sweet. Lot of people ill including wife & myself tables not cleared during meals .swimming pool very dirtiest 3 days dark green. Bbq in dark could not see choice of eatable food. Poor bar facilities dirty brown water in bathroom cockroaches ( killed 12) in bathroom no bath towels to about 1730hrs very long climb from room to main complex 130 steps temp of 42c beach area very poor small crowded inlet to sea . Red sea fantastic. Loud music in pool area unable to rest read books ."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

An anti-climax and disappointment. Ha...

Reviewed Sat 30th of April 2005

"An anti-climax and disappointment.

Having toured the sites of Egypt (they were fantastic) my wife and I looked forward to six days of relaxation at this hotel before heading home. What we discovered was a cleverly designed hotel with respect to the accommodation, but its size and range of clients meant that it was a mixture of Butlins and 18-30 type holiday.

The accommodation, however, had its drawbacks. When first shown the room it had the stench of a sewerage farm - it did eventually go away, but the yellow water didn’t. Such irritations were hardly counterbalanced by an amazing view from our balcony

Their basic restaurants provided reasonably fare, though with little variety - usually beef with a different type of sauce. We did enjoy a "Chinese" one evening. Could do better."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2005