Pyramisa Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh

My new husband and I have just returned...

Reviewed Wed 20th of August 2008

"My new husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon at this resort, we both have mixed views on the hotel. For 1 it definitely wasn't 5 star as our room was very dated and in need of modernisation.
There was no night time entertainment for adults so everyone was heading back to their rooms after dinner as they didn't know what to do afterwards, you couldn't walk outside of the hotel complex as there was nothing there.
The staff on the other hand where extremely attentive and very friendly especially the beach boys who laid our towels out for us each morning.
The food was very samey especially if you stay for 2 weeks, we splashed out and ate in a chinese restaurant on the complex which proved to be delicious food and reasonably priced.
The supermarket on the complex was ridiculously priced for snacks and drinks ie: pringles £3.50 and chocolate £1.50. The pharmacy is very expensive especially as the majority of guests suffered with upset stomachs, our rep assured us that this problem was going to be rectified so stay tuned!!!
Overall the complex was ok but we wouldn't return hence why we rated it 6/10."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008

My husband, daughter, nephew and myself...

Reviewed Mon 4th of August 2008

"My husband, daughter, nephew and myself have just come back from having 2 terrible weeks, this has been a really bad holiday for us, we are in the process of seeing solicitors, my husband and nephew had really bad food poisioning they were both on drips, what a rip off nearly £400.00 in total.

The man are very sleazy, at the moment i am dealing with the British Embassy, as one the sleazy egypt men tryed to sexual assault my 14 year old daughter, we were offered drugs from one of the staff, you speak to manager and they are a waste of space

If you have young girls /daughter egypt is NOT the place for a holiday for you

You will have to have eyes everywhere, please please please BEWARE."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008

I have just read some of the reviews for...

Reviewed Sat 12th of July 2008

"I have just read some of the reviews for this hote and could not believe what I was seeing. I am a holiday snob and will not book anything less than 5*. The Pyramisa was fabulous, the staff were brilliant our beach boy had our towels laid out for us evry morning. The food overall was plentiful and very good. My husband is an extremely fussy eater and he always found something to his liking. Let's face it this is Egypt after all not Benidorm or the Costa Whatever. If people go to Egypt expecting English food and English pubs then they are either seriously misinformed or have not done enough research before booking their holiday. We have stayed in the Sheraton and the Hilton Sharm el Sheikh and have booked the Pyramisa again for April 2009. We had a superior beach front room and were fortunate to receive an upgrade voucher for a junior suite for our next visit, simply by telling the truth on the holiday review website. My daugher is taking her family and her in-laws in October and if I had thought for one minute the Pyramisa was not suitable for her (she is an ever bigger holiday snob than I am) then I would advised her against going. So those of you out there who are looking for sausages, bacon and eggs for breakfast and fish, chips or burger for tea, pubs and nightclubs then stick to the Costas and leave Egypt to those of us who appreciate it."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

Well i'm a 14 year old girl and i have j...

Reviewed Fri 4th of July 2008

"Well i'm a 14 year old girl and i have just arrived home this morning from a 2 week holiday at this hotel and all i can say is it was amazing the staff are prepared to do anything for you and are so kind and considerate, the food was differant and took some time to get used to but apart from that the hotel is a very respectful and high class place and has a well deserved 5 stars! i think that from my point of view some of the people writing the comments were just looking for problems and somthing to moan about. I couldnt of asked for more and me and my family enjoyed th holiday thoroughly, we met some incredible people who come and stay at the hotel every year becasue they like it so much and this was the case with many poeple.

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2008

been twice booked again for sept 08 had...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"been twice booked again for sept 08 had a ball pool bar staff were great couldnt do enough for you rooms spotless cleaners great staff in general were polite if anyone had a problem it was sorted food ok if you didnt like something there was always something else or have a change and eat out in naama bay your holiday is what you make it we booked our day trips with monte who comes around the pool they were cheap and we had a great time but i have never met anyone as arrogant as russians they dont know how to say please or thankyou i felt sorry for the staff you just ignore them as for rats etc someone is lying never ever seen anything infact very rare seen a mosquito and im going back for third time the beaches were clean and tidy and the pool was warm yes you are near the airport but the planes only come in twice a wk and you hardly hear them infact sometimes when they come of a night if your sitting by pool you can watch them land across desert but as i said you hardly hear them i would recommend the pyramisa to anyone the staff work realy hard and the hotel is spotless we had a lovely relaxing holiday and a real good laugh so thankyou naggi and all pool bar staff for making our nights around the pool bar a good laugh the thing with these reviews is you cant please everyone and if you believed all the reviews you would never go on holiday from a couple of scousers who made friends with people from manchester /humberside /scotland/newcastle/and we all enjoyed it 10/10 oh and the wave machine was on at least 3times a day and the animation team were dead funny and game for a laugh se you all in sept "

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

before me and my party of 6 arrived we s...

Reviewed Fri 13th of June 2008

"before me and my party of 6 arrived we specified to be close and have double beds. four of us were in one villa which had 2 rooms off its main living area and staircase and the other two were situated a good 7 min walk across the park. The staff then turned our SINGLE beds into double ones by turning the mattresses length ways and pushing the beds together, whilst doing this it unveiled the mass off wires hanging out of the wall where the phone line and plug sockets were situated. We were then appaled by the lack off cold air from the air con and had to bear not only around 40 degrees outside (which was great) but a hell lot hotter in the room. The food was appaling(flies, cold, variety, belly shaking) and had to live on mcdonalds pizza hut and a proper english bar in namba bay called the Tavern. We tried the room service one night to see if that was any better which we wished not know as it turned up 1 hour and 50 mins after the time given to us. When it finally arrived it was cold and seemed to be sitting in a pool of water, which they then tried to charge us for so we kindly rejected the food and gave instruction to return it to the kitchen as not acceptable and VERY VERY late. TO BE CONTINUED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of June 2008

excellent hotel one of the best ive stay...

Reviewed Tue 29th of April 2008

"excellent hotel one of the best ive stayed in in sharm, good food and brilliant rooms and views. staff were very helpfull. night time entertainment could be better! my husband went snorckeling an loved it. we have been back to two other hotels in sharm which are rated higher than this one but didnt compare to this one. this hotel is not very well advertised an alot more people should know about it"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of April 2008

Thought we would treat ourselves to a ho...

Reviewed Tue 11th of March 2008

"Thought we would treat ourselves to a holiday for new year, ended up being the worst holiday ever. The Pyramisa is NOT a Five star or even a four for that matter. We have done alot of traveling around India and Asia, this hotel was by far the worst.

Room was very basic, no hairdryer, balcony doors did not lock, no tv reception, the aircon smelt of burning, no tea/coffee, only enough hot water for one shower at a time,cracked tiles in the bathroom, very, very basic.

Food was dreadful, bland, boring, very poor hygiene, all restaurants had the same food on offer so no variation. Both ill and required antibiotics from on site pharmacy at £15 per box.

Entertainment was really bad, a russian singer (each night) in the only indoor bar. Even the new year gala was mainly russian entertainment. Was bored by the second night.

Was told that the hotel has been taken over by Russians and is in the process of being re rated. I gave Hotels4u the benefit of the doubt and wrote to them informing them that this must be the case. But I received a snotty, patronizing letter back informing me that it is still a five star and the people who stayed in the room prior to me did not complain, so it must have been ok!!! The English people we met (not many of them) did manage to change hotels, but our rep was off sick so we were not as lucky. Would not recommend the Pyramisa or Hotels4u. I am taking this further. Dont book!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of March 2008

Having spent the previous 2 years visiti...

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2008

"Having spent the previous 2 years visiting Egypt, we were expecting the usual opulance and quality that we have come to expect from this fantastic holiday destination.
Well..........were we going to be disapointed?
Thie Pyramisa is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Now, just to let you all know, I lived in India for 2 years and also work in West Africa. (Get the idea)?
The fabric of the hotel is shabby and in need of closure, refurb or possably arson attack.
The first "superior" room we had, had broken and sharp floor tiles, the bathroom roof had collapsed, there were various holes in walls, with some lovley big cockroaches living inside and the CAMP BED my 10 year old was given, was mabee used by the Egyptian sincronised trampolene team and the electric cables from a defective wall light were on his pillow and were LIVE.
I contacted reception to explain my concerns and eventually, (2 hours, waiting in my room), the deputy manager arrived and stuffed the wiring back into the hole in the wall and declared it FIXED!!
When they moved us, the following day, the new room was no better and had mud coming from the taps. Now thats well and good if I booked a spa, but I had paid extra for the superior room and was livid by this point.
Finally, we were offered a room that was safer, but would mabee make 2 stars, if you bribed the hotel inspector.
The overall hygine within the hotel and rooms was sub standard and nothing compared to our other hotels we have stayed in in Egypt.
The food. THE FOOD was awfull and I don't think that we met anyone in our 2 weeks who didn't get sick. When I say SICK, I mean poo the bed sick.......(Everyone).
The only people who appeared happy with the food was the man who owned the chemist
attached to the hotel.
He charged £15.00 for a packet of immodium and appeared to have a HUGE supply of the stuff.
I guessed that his brother in law was the chef......
Anyway all. I guess that you all get the picture.
DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL.

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of February 2008

We stayed at this hotel for Christmas an...

Reviewed Sat 12th of January 2008

"We stayed at this hotel for Christmas and New Year 2007. It is rated a luxurious 5* hotel however it is more like a 2 star max. The food was a disgrace with 3 resturants serving the same food for lunch and evening dinner with limited choice available. Be sure to take your immodium (instant) as you will need them! Breakfast however not too bad, just have to queue.

The rooms are very dated, and do not rely on the tea/coffee facilities as they do not exist. They are very basic and not at all luxurious or 5 star. The staff however are all friendly and helpful and do their best with what they have. For a small tip you will be looked after and you will not have to leave your seats for drinks. This hotel is an international hotel which mainly caters for the Russians and therefore British company and entertainment are few and far between.

My suggestion if you are thinking of staying at this hotel, look elsewhere as we will next time we visit Egypt. "

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

I have read with astonishment some of th...

Reviewed Thu 10th of January 2008

"I have read with astonishment some of the reviews of this hotel, how anyone can say that it's a good hotel, well, where have spent their previous holidays.

This was the absolute worst place I have ever stayed, and I holiday all over the world, third world countries included. There is very little that one can say that is upbeat, the food was awful and cold, thick with flies, the drinks were warm, beer, white wine, spirits, and you were lucky if any bar had ice.

Most of the British guests had upset stomachs to some degree, some very serious. I spent three days in my room as I had to be near a toilet at a moments notice. I paid for two types of medication which helped but within days started again. In the end my wife and I moved to another hotel at our own expense, as complaining was ignored.

Yes the staff are mostly friendly, the ones who expect tips.

The gala dinners were a shambles with queues for everything, which the Russians ignore anyway. There was no entertainment except a belly dancer and a Russian show on the two gala nights. We like many others spent a small fortune eating out, the staff even had Macdonald's delivered.

If you only take one piece of advice in your life do not go here, and if by bad luck that you have, do your utmost to get it changed. A guaranteed cure for constipation and weight loss."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

This was Holiday from Hell. Wanted home...

Reviewed Sun 6th of January 2008

"This was Holiday from Hell. Wanted home after day 1.

Anyone who says this is a 5 star hotel, needs their head examined because this was no better than a one star. We were fully aware that it would be a 5 star hotel by Egyptian standards, but we expected it to be at least a 3 star hotel by British standards.

All the food was always stone cold and inedible. There were no plates, cups, glasses in the restaurant, so you spent twenty minutes queuing just to get these items. No seats in the bar, unable to take food or drinks back to your room without a charge.

My husband was ill in bed and I wanted to take some toast back to him but was refused by staff. They have a member of staff stood on the restaurant door, requesting payment. The bar constantly ran out of drinks, even simple ones like lager and tonic water.

Rooms were very basic for a 5 star hotel, no tea of coffee facilities and beds were incredibly uncomfortable. There were flies absolutely everywhere. Be warned, apparently in the summer they re a hundred times worse than in December.

We went into Naama Bay at night, as we were so starving, and the food was just as disgusting as in the hotel. A round of 4 drinks came to £23.00. Spent two weeks living off Pringles.

Staff were only happy to help you if you gave them a tip. We wanted to make the best of our holiday but on reflection we should have demanded to be moved on the first day.

I would not wish this holiday on my worst enemy because it was an absolute nightmare. If you are booked at this hotel I urge you to change it. It may have been a good hotel once, but it has rapidly declined and it is probably the worst hotel in the whole of Egypt."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008