Delta Sharm Resort

Um El seed Cliff Crossing Main Rd & Tower Rd Hay El Nour, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good

quality resort to chill out

"Having stayed in the resort at Easter, we came home, worked all day and then went on line to book again for May. So good was our experience of not only the resort, but also the welcome and helpful nature of Karen and Colin. The rooms are all superb (we've been in most of them by now to have a look round): clean, well equipped and with air conditioning. We booked via [--] and the contact name is Karen Purvis. She and her husband own or manage a number of wonderful apartments in Delta Sharm. The resort is so perfect with you able to choose between lots of swimming pools: each a little different but all very quiet and relaxing. For the more adventurous, you can take a 10p blue minitaxi to either Naama bay or to the beach in Old Sharm: the fish particularly at the latter are fantastic. The location is ideal and Karen will even pick you up from the airport. We enjoyed our 30th wedding anniversary in delta sharm and have already booked for next year. This is so much better than those big hotels in Naama Bay and the restaurants are so good too.
Please mention Bryan and Kathy to Karen when you book. We can not recommend this resort and appartments any higher. Contact me if you wish any more info.
Bryan Western"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Fabulous!

"Delta Sharm is a gated community in between Naama Bay and the old market on the peace road in Sharm el Sheikh on the red sea coast. It is in Sinai and is surrounded by stunning desert and mountain scenery. The resort itself is all apartments set in stunning immaculately kept garden and has several pools each with their own theme such as fountains, islands, slides, bridges. etc. It is designed and kept in fantastic condition- there are bars, restaurants, shops, laundry, room service, housekeeping and taxis all on site and the guests can use the resorts private beach in Naama Bay. All rooms are decorated well and are clean and comfortable with air conditioning - all have super views. I really cannot fault the place, it is very safe and secure, ambient and relaxing - Go when you can!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

I loved my time in delta sharm

"This was my first time to sharm el sheik and delta sharm was really nice the staff were friendly and would chat with us we even played table tennis with one of the mangers and yes we will be going back there the apartment we had was 2 bed it had every thing you needed has if you go half board you eat at there resterant which gives you a choice of what to eat and if you fancy something to eat between meals you can order room services or go and eat at the restrant for 25 egpytain that to us is only £2.50 you cant get a meal at home for that if u can i liked to no where we went to namma bay at night as its the best time to go and the shops were really good cant wait to go back there next year and i would tell any body who aint tried shisha to try it and it only cost £6 egyptain as well"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Best place for a family holiday.

"Myself my husband and our two year old son recently stayed at the Delta Sharm complex in Sharm El Sheikh and had a fabulous time, a place where you can absolutely garuntee the weather will be perfect every day. The complex consists of various appartments in various sizes and has pools to cater to every age and preference, spottlessly clean and manicured to the point of perfection it's a perfect spot to relax away from the hubub of Naa'ma bay centre and secure enough for the kids to run around and play in safety. Restaurants on site provide good cheap food in a beautiful tropical setting and we have booked again for later in the year. We booked through a very friendly couple who privately let their two bedroomed apartment there relatively cheaply with no extra charge for the school holidays we felt very well taken care of, i would thoroughly reccommend using them.(redseaapartments.co.uk)"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

Loved the landscape only

Good

"I stayed in Delta Sharm for 4 nights, and it was very lovely vacation. The landscape is awesome,lovely and many swimming pools .I took an apartement with one bed room.The room is very basic as well as the food.You will not find that varity in breakfast or dinner but you will survive.You better can take dinner in Nema bay or in old Sharm market. another bad thing is you have to take a bus to its beach at Nema bay "3 minutes ride" but goes there only 2 times a day and you will have to pay 15 L.E /person /day to get into its beach!!
Sharm el Shiekh is very lovely city and can be compared to Amesterdam as a touristic city and I consider it better and much safer."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

You will love this place!

"Just got back from 2 weeks in Egypt- One week at the Delta Sharm. I stayed in a one bedroom villa run by Adrian & Ruth booked off the holiday lettings website. The apartment was great- had everything we needed especially the washing machine which is great when travelling with children. The resort itself was gorgeous-very well maintained. We tried out many of the pools and restaurants. The food is very cheap- pizza for 17 LE, drinks 3 LE etc. My kids loved the monkeys and goats at the zoo and we loved exploring the resort. Internet is very cheap there aswell 3 LE for an hour. It is at an ideal location halfway between Naama bay and Old Sharm. We found Old Sharm to be cheaper than Naama Bay. Don`t bother going into Naama Bay in the morning as most things are closed including restaurants. Taxis were cheap and plentiful-we arranged early morning taxis for trips to airport (50 LE) thru the taxi service at the gate and all were on time. We really enjoyed this resort-and I am sure you will too!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of April 2007

Inshallah

"Just returned from our first and definitely NOT last visit to Sharm.Stayed in an excellent private apartment (2 bedrooms) lovely balcony and some lovely cold beer in the fridge.Delta is a large complex with 6/7 pools though was quiet the whole time we were there as its well spread out and although lots of people stay there the layout lends itself to peace and quiet if you want it,though the main pool is lively with music and pool games if you want them.
All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly even to the extent that 4 of the guys from the Ali Baba pool bar joined My wife Me and my 2 daughters(15/19) for a night out to celebrate my eldest daughters birthday at the Camel Bar(armed with presents for her, and gave us a lift back to Delta refusing all offers of payment,tips etc.Naama Bay very lively and good fun.I know there is loads more for us to see in the area so we will definitely return hopefully towards the end of the year.
Would reccommend the apartment to anyone wanting great value and quality accommodation in a really lovely setting.We booked this through Keith and Catherine who own the apartment who were very helpful indeed with a book of tips and hints provided before we went and a follow up phone call on our return to ask if we had enjoyed it."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of April 2007

Fantastic Deal

"We stayed on the Delta Sharm complex last year and rented an apartment from the Delta Sharm office although the complex was excellent the apartment was basic, and took the edge off our holiday.

Whilst we were there we looked around a privately owned apartment which was really lovely fully furnished extremely well equipped and in excellent condition. The apartment has a lovely aspect overlooking a pool after a night out we sat on the balcony had a drink and listened to the water with virtually no other sound just beautiful.

We got contact details of the owners, on return to the UK we contacted them we were amased at the deal we got they charge the same rent all year around NO INCREASE for school holidays, and with 2 childrens thats a real deal. Keith and Catherine were so helpful, and keep intouch all the way. A few weeks before we travelled we received a booklet of hints and tips about the resort and complex, the children also received a Red Sea hat each and we even received to luggage tags. On our return Keith phoned us to check everything had been ok and to see if we had had a good time.

The english agents in Sharm el Sheikh collected us from the airport on arrival at the apartment we were pleased to find tea coffee milk water bread butter and pop for the kids. It was a wonderful start to the holiday. They organised a couple of excursions for us and all in all could not have been more helpful.

The complex is very big but when you are there is does not seem like that the pools are never crowed, in the morning you can have one to your self. There are nine pools on the complex one of which is heated. No scrum for the sunbeds in the morning whatever time you go the pool you can always get a sunbed. The staff are very friendly and helpful, there are shops bars restaurants supermarkets internet cafes clinic all set in beutifully matured garderns. Night life in Naama Bay has something for every one, excellent food and very cheap we enjoyed the food at the Sea View restaurant on the beach and also the chinese on the top floor of the Shopping Mall with great views over Naama Bay the Indian at the Camal Bar was one of the best we have ever had and cheap!

The beach in Naama Bay was not as good as I had hoped but the fish were out of this world like something you only see on TV. Sharks Bay we really enjoyed alot nicer beach and with great snorkelling.

This was one of the best holidays we have ever had we will be going again. If you would like further info on this apartment or the contact details just email me on [email protected]
Dont leave it til the last minute this is a very popular apartment."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of March 2007

Loved Delta Sharm

"Just returned from Delta Sharm and already planning our next trip. We rented a privately owned apartment which was great. It had two bedrooms and a lovely large sitting room and of course the important balcony for drinking a Sakkara beer. We rented it from an English couple called Karen and Colin and they were wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble. They picked us up from the airport and helped us plan trips and gave us loads of information on where to go, how much to pay for taxis etc. Delta Sharm was a lovely complex with lots of swimming pools and Friends restaurant was great, especially the fresh fruit milkshakes. Try Dannaneers restaurant in Naama Bay, lovely steaks. Also Pomodora was very good as was the Hard Rock Cafe. For great snorkelling go to Sharks Bay public beach, or to make a day of it go to the Novotel hotel for buffet breakfast, about £8.50, kids eat free, then spend the day by the pool or beach, £10.00 for the use of the facilities. The reef at the Novotel is fantastic-saw loads of amazing fish. Just a tip: save up those Tesco vouchers and use them to help pay for your flights from Excel. If you want more information on the apartment we stayed in e-mail me on [email protected]"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of February 2007

Delta Sharm a must...BUT....

"Delta Sharm is an amazing complex. With 9 swimming pools, bars, restaurants, shops, cafes, lovely gardens, helpful friendly staff...well I could go on !

Having been to Sharm many times in hotels, it was decided to try self-catering. Reason? It’s cheap to eat out everywhere and we wanted greater flexibility and what you pay for a hotel, we most certainly saved money over the week.

Delta Sharm is a huge secure complex, away from the main tourist trap and contains hundreds of apartments varying in size. Hundreds of apartments I hear you say..Yes but you would never think it.

We learnt that some are privately owned and some are operated by a company that offer the apartments in UK brochures and you would book them how you would any other holiday accommodation.

These apartments seem to be of a low standard, so when you read other comments about rooms being bad, then that’s them !

Don't be put off, because the privately owned apartments are of a better standard and some are of a first class standard. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, fully furnished apartment for which we could not fault. Unlike some of the other privately owned ones, this particular apartment had been internally modified to provide a superbly laid out floor plan. The kitchen had everything from a cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine, microwave, toaster and even an iron and ironing board. So for next time, we are only taking half our clothes because we can wash them and they dry in about an hour outside on the balcony. Virtually all our clothes were washed before heading home and what a god send that was !

The apartment is owned by an English couple who actually live upstairs..We never heard them and they never heard our screaming kids ! That’s the quality of the building. Karen and Colin were so helpful it was unbelievable. Nothing was ever a problem and Karen was a guru of local information ! They are both dive instructors and they were able to sort out my diving, take be diving and offered me a 1 to 1 personal dive on a boat with the dive company they work for (unlike the others on the boat that dived in a group of about 6)

Karen and Colin can sort out all your trips..Just tell her what you want and it’s sorted. No hard sell, no hassles and you know that it is going to be spot on, logistically. It was really nice knowing I could trust these people in arranging everything and not relying on underpaid, overworked travel reps that have 150 tourists to look after in 5 hotels !

So, delta Sharm is a must and the big BUT....but make sure you choose wisely your accommodation and I can not emphasis enough that this particular apartment is right for you, you will not be disappointed.

Under the rules of trip advisor, I cannot tell you on here how to contact them, but contact me and I will pass you on their contact details.

Please email me [email protected]"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

I don't recommend Delta Sharm

"Well, we got there around 9 am on October 24. I was happy that we can finally rest in our bed after an overnigt bus travel from Cairo. But hell, no. The unit was not ready yet. There were two or three cleaning guys cleaning sloppily the bathroom. They had us wait for I think 20 minutes as they hurriedly clean up the unit.

Finall, we got inside. Oh my god. I never expect such a place so dirty as that. The bathroom that was just clean was still very dirty, not in my standard. The living room couches are dusty and dirty. We had to clean up again. Sad thing is there was no mop, no broom, no cleaning materials, supplies. So we had to run to the store and buy towels. We cleaned the floor that was very dirty, the tables. The bathroom. The kitchen was yucky and the utensils are much more yucky. Everything was yucky. We want to sterilize them but no hot water. We did not use them in the end, so we bought our utensils, instead. No hot shower. No hot water. Then we turned on the Air conditioning, and it was a mess. There is a leak coming off the AC that is making the floor so wet. The bedsheets/linens are so dirty. The cabinets have condoms wrapper. So yucky... At lunch time, we ordered pizza. We thought it would taste good because the pictures say so. But yucky as well. We just wasted our money... I do not recomment Delta Sharm in Short.... do not boo to this resort."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of December 2012

Fab holiday

"I absolutley loved this hotel it was mine and my boyfriends first trip to eygpt and when we first arrived a taxi dropped us in the complete wrong area but all the staff were really helpful and put us on a golf buggy to reception where we then checked and and were transported to our room, the room was gorgeous and very big. The complex is absolutley HUGE so we were quite overwelmed at first as we had no idea where to go and it took us a good 15 min to even find the bar/resturant. (perhaps they could look at showing you around the complex in the gold buggy first!?)but anyway once we had found everything and settled in it was my most perfect holiday yet. Free buses too local areas, private beaches etc. A*"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of July 2012

Hotels near Delta Sharm Resort

Stayed at Delta Sharm Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Delta Sharm Resort

• b cuxton by b cuxton

"Riding a camel in the desert and snorkeling at Naama Bay "

• g&g by g&g

"Day trip to Cairo and quad biking, then snorkelling. "

• Little Welsh Wonder by Little Welsh Wonder

"Loved sharm, fab people , great atmostphere "

• Sharm about the food! by Sharm about the food!

"Be aware the weather is very HOT! "

• callllly by callllly

"deffinately value for money although i would rate food 3star not 4 "

• KArrina by KArrina

"Be carefull what you eat and drink. Go to Carol's cafe and talk to Carol. "

• indian couple by indian couple

"nice and relaxing but would not go again "

• lubo by lubo

"delta sharm aint all its hyped up to be!! "

• highland ninja by highland ninja

"location ok ,shops within and nice italian food "

• woody198 by woody198

"dont go you will come back with a stomach bug "

• flip02 by flip02

"Get the next flight home! "

• Lara P by Lara P

"The best tip I can give you is too , Get to know the staff. You'll love them all and its them that will make your holiday brilliant. "

• sunshinetime by sunshinetime

"Visit the beaches, have a massage, use all the pools. "

• Baesa O by Baesa O

"Find a new manager who could do the job and address all these complaints. "

Delta Sharm Resort is also called