Cyrene Sharm Resort

El Montazah Area, Sharm El Sheikh 00206 Egypt

Place to relax

Reviewed Wed 9th of June 2010

"Just spent a enjoyable week at the Hotel Sol Sharm, its not a huge place but this we liked as there wasn't to much walking involved, plus you got to see the same faces most days.
Rooms are very nice and a good size, always very clean.
Wasn't to sure about the food the first day but once i tried it ..even though i wasn't always sure what i was eating i found it all very testy, not always very hot but there is a microwave you can use.
Nice wine in the restaurant but its a great shame you can not have this in the bars (its not included in the all inclusive package, I felt i missed out as i only drink wine.
Beach is only a short walk away, which has a beach bar and toilets.
Pool and area around the pool is lovely and always kept clean.
Nice friendly staff had a good laugh with a few especially the hotel photographer.
Never left the hotel as we have been on the trips before and this holiday was just for relaxing.
Weather was lovely....very hot!
Have already booked to return for christmas, fingers crossed that wine will then be available then."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of June 2010

outstanding

Reviewed Thu 3rd of June 2010

"Myself and my partner went to sol sharm this may and had a great holiday, good staff, good food and clean and comfortable rooms.Whist here i celebrated my birthday and the hotel staff went out of there way to make it special, grat holiday hope to go back next may, Aileen & Bill Derbyshire"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of May 2010

A pleasant surprise! Friendly and comfortable hotel for young families.

Reviewed Thu 20th of May 2010

"Good value hotel with friendly staff who cope well with several languages and all inclusive concept is great when visiting with a young family. I'll start with the only down side, in that the food isn't the best but there is plenty of variety on offer. Stay more than 10 days and it might get a bit monotonous, but there are other places to eat at a charge.

We visited with a 3-year old who enjoyed the entertainment team and spent most of the time in the kids pool or at the beach. Both pools are fine for kids, and childrens play area is available.

Hotel runs shuttle service into Naama Bay and Old Sharm at a small charge which worked well, so we were able to do a bit of shopping - the haggling is good fun when you get into it! Hotel is close to airport too, transfer takes about 15mins.

Beach is 200m away and easy walk away, and shuttle bus also runs every 5 minutes. Beach has an all-inclusive bar for drinks. There is a little supermarket there for any essentials. The hotel also has a small shopping arcade which we ended up buying several gifts and swimming bits from.

There is an entertainment show from 9-10pm for kids, 10-11pm for all and then a disco about 25m away from the stage area, but we couldn't hear any of the disco from our room, meaning the little one got to sleep fine.

A good mix of age groups with families, couples and older visitors. Mainly Russian and English visitors when we travelled, and all were friendly enough!

• Travel date: Wed 19th of May 2010

Loved every minute

Reviewed Thu 4th of November 2010

"My sister (age 45) and I (age 41) went to the Sol Sharm Hotel for a weeks holiday in October 09 and I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The weather was beautiful and it's the first time in my life I got a tan!The staff were lovely and the food was delicious. My sister is a fussy eater and even she was happy with it, ignore the reveiws that say the food is rubbish it simply is'nt true, if you can't find anything good to eat at this hotel there will be no pleasing you. There was always a free sunbed by the pool to sunbath no matter what time of day you decided to top up your tan. The room was nice and cleaned every day including fresh towels. There is a free bus to the beach but its a very short walk down a hill so we always walked because no sooner did you get on the bus it was time to get off. Don't go to the old town during the day, the shop keepers really harras you to buy something from them and it gets on your nerves because you can't look at things properly, so go at night when theres a lot more people for them to bug, our rep should have told us this when we asked her how to get there but she didn't! so we learnt the hard way. We didn't use the hotel taxi we got one that was passing the front of our hotel (yes we made sure he was a real taxi driver they have certain coloured vehicles) he was the nicest taxi driver ever and didn't rip us off, they wait for you to do your shopping however long you are and take you back to your hotel, how cool is that. The entertainment at night started at 10pm until 11pm that was good, and the little night club was open until 1am but if you didn't go to it, it wasn't loud enough to keep you awake and you didn't see or hear people staggering out of it.
Loved it that much I've booked again to go with my friend in May 2010 can't wait."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of April 2010

An absolute amazing holiday !!

Reviewed Tue 29th of September 2009

"Me and my partner have just returned from 10 nights in the Sol Sharm.
There is not a bad word to say about it!
From the minute we checked into the hotel we felt welcomed and was not once treated without respect.
All of the staff were extremly friendly and couldnt do enough for you.
The food was great, a different variety every day!
You have everything you need in the hotel and i can find no faults!
The thing i enjoyed most was the entertainment! I have never seen anything like it!!
A boat trip and diving is a must do when your there as you will be amazed! The water is crystel clear and what you see under the water just tops off a great holiday!
Overall it was a great holiday and i would definiatly go back!

• Travel date: Mon 28th of September 2009

brilliant

Reviewed Mon 28th of September 2009

"when the wife and i read the reviews she was a little bit apprehensive and wanted to change hotels but once we got there we were glad we went to it.the only problem we had with the hotel was the room we was allocated had a very bad smell.went and complained and got another one no problem.i would recommend this hotel to anyone. the food varied and plentyful every night.the waiters was great. nothing was a problem for them we got our special little one (A.MOATEY) lovely man..when we walked into the restaurant at lunch and dinner our table was there wine. water. bread buns.all ready for us always a big smile perfect.hassam and hussein the cleaners came in every day cleaned the room clean white sheets every day nice lads always had a chat. salek the entertainer very talented at everything he did and the rest of his team they would put michael jackson to shame.every one in the hotel are brilliant we would go back there again anytime on departure we was late being picked up for the airport when we got in building we found the staff rather rude and abrupt the only bad thing about a realy great 2weeks.THANKS EGYPT XX i forgot to mention the pool staff. great lads all of the people there had a sense of humuor as well."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of September 2009

It depends what you want!

Reviewed Fri 15th of May 2009

"Have just returned from a week all inclusive at the Sol Sharm. All in all, acceptable. A few bad points which I will leave till the end.

Hotel is isolated from the more lively spots, so if you just want a restful holiday and prepared to use the shuttlebus to Old Sharm etc. It will be ok. It no go somewhere else.

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The food is a little repetative, but not bland. The restaurant manager was a very obliging person, all too happy to make your stay good. There always seemed sufficient choice, supplemented on occasion by BBQ meat by swimming pool. Rooms are very clean and well serviced. Great swimming pool with poolside bar. There appeared plenty of freesun beds, towels and mattresses.

Downside is all inclusive ends at 11pm. This is too early as entertainment finishes at aroung 10.45-50 making it a mad rush to bars. The refusal to serve more drinks without a glass, caused a few raised voices. Whilst wine is served at midday and evening meal, it is not part of the all inclusive and this I feel is an abuse and the worst point in issue.
I am ware that whilst I was there, a considerable number of residents travelling with Thomas Cook, aksed to be moved due to these later features.

Some people may not like the frequent requests from, diving, massage and paper sellers for use of their services. A polite no caused no problems.

Be prepared when visiting local towns that there will be constant harrassment from all vendors to get you into their premises, including bars. Their approach will be either a direct offer to enter or some subterfuge such as, will you sign our book inside, or what is your name, let me take you inside and write it down for you. Again a polite no, is usually accepted, but the next door shop will then try the same methods of contact. By the end I was saying no thanks in my sleep. However it did not spoil my holiday and they can take a joke."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of May 2009

My partner and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Sat 27th of September 2008

"My partner and I have just returned from a weeks all inclusive stay and it was fantastic! Our room was cleaned everyday with clean towels made into swans, love hearts etc on the bed. All the staff were pleasant and friendly and we never had to wait long to be served at the bar. It was my partners 30th birthday while we were there and the waiters all sang happy birthday to him in Arabic and presented him with a beautiful cake which was a nice touch.

The only reason I have not given a full 10/10 is because of the food. It was very nice but I did find myself eating the same thing all week (omelet, pasta, chicken and rice) but the puddings were lovely if you have a sweat tooth.

We went to the beach once but it was a bit dirty so we stayed by the pool which was nice and clean and very refreshing. The entertainment team organises events in the daytime (aqua aerobics, belly dancing etc) if you are interested and the evening entertainment was really good, you can tell they put a lot of effort into it.

We both found Naama Bay a bit overwhelming but it is worth the trip, just be polite and say no thank you, the only thing was we said it so much that we went back to the hotel without any souvenirs!

I would recommend the Arabian Nights excursion, where you get to visit a Bedouin camp in the middle of the desert and be entertained by belly dancers and a Whirling Dervish. Food and drinks are all included and the price was reasonable.
For people on a budget who still want to visit Cairo I would recommend going by bus ($100). It is a long journey (approx. 7 hours there and back) but well worth it when you see the pyramids and the Sphinx up-close. We also had a boat trip down the Nile and a trip to the Egyptian Museum. Our tour guide was very helpful and made the journey more bearable by explaining some of the Egyptian history along the way. Take plenty of water and wet wipes to freshen up.

All in all we had a lovely relaxing holiday and we would definitely go back!

• Travel date: Sat 27th of September 2008

I really can't understand these dodgy re...

Reviewed Tue 1st of July 2008

"I really can't understand these dodgy reviews!!! Yes the hotel has a few faults but I have returned for the 3rd time and once again had a fantastic time!!

The food was good - you can always find something to eat whether it be freshly made pasta, salad, soup, hot meals - yes it was a bit repetitive but for the money you pay it is excellent value! We got friendly with the restaurant Manager, Emad and asked if we could have burgers for lunch - went in at lunchtime and burgers were on the menu - we suggested club sandwiches went in for dinner and there was a Club Sandwich station - they were lovely - so if they are still being served that is down to us lot! One night we even had a special meal made for us. If you speak nicely to the staff they are more than happy to prepare you something if there is nothing you like - we met a couple who had egg & chips made for them one evening. If you seriously can't find something to eat then you must be a very fussy eater!!!

The entertainments team are brilliant - all the shows are held at the Amphitheatre and the guys put in loads of effort and the shows on the whole are very entertaining. Watch the glass & fire eating it will have you cringing in your seat!

Entertainment during the day isn't too bad - there is stretching at 10.30 am, Water Gym at 11.30 am on the beach and by the pool (Bob's class is definately the best at the beach) but Bakar and Salah do an excellent job to! There isn't much going on in the afternoon by the pool but at least you are left to chill out - although they could do with some music playing.

The bar staff are all really nice and if you make the effort to have a chat with them and a bit of a laugh they are more than willing to join in to name but a few Nagi the bar manager is lovely, Shabnam Ramadam, Abdul, Mamood (pool bar) are really good fun and this was without them even hinting about tipping or expecting tips!

The rooms are nice but we did comment to the Management that some of them, in particular the bathroom could do with a bit of a face lift but on the whole they were all kept really clean.

We suggested a couple of things to the Management and everyone of them was acted on and improvements made.

Overall you cannot beat this hotel for value! Yes it is in the middle of nowhere but the hotel does put on a shuttle bus (small charge) to Naama Bay but we used the taxi in reception who were more than helpful. At first they gave us a stupid price for a return taxi to Naama Bay - but negotiate we got if for between £10 & £14 return trip and you can either arrange a time for pick up or text them when you are ready to be collected. To us this is a lot safer than getting the blue & whites where sometimes you fear for your life!!

We spoke to some people about their visit to Naama Bay and some said that they didn't like it as you are hassled - yes you are but if you just say a polite no thank you and walk on they just leave you alone!

If you would like any more information or my views please feel free to contact me."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

Lovely looking hotel looked freshly pain...

Reviewed Mon 16th of June 2008

"Lovely looking hotel looked freshly painted. However the food was very boring, glad we only stayed for a week, bored after 3 days, the food was same every day. The food was suppose to be themed, but clearly the chef had no idea about food, same food slightly season differently, never been inclusive before, was not what we expected. Ice cream was only seen once. Limited choice of drinks and very small glass, two mouthfuls and it was gone, all drinks came in same small glass. We brought bottle coke to drink in room after bar was closed, god it was expensive at £4. The staff where friendly and willing to helpful, although they where always hinting for a tip. Certainly not suitable for pushchairs, we where fed up of carry pushchair up and down, so many stairs, and only slope they had was to the shuttle bus to beach was dangerously steep I nearly fell. The hotel was middle of nowhere, so felt trapped at the resort you could not leave without the bus or a taxi. They did run a shuttle bus to naama bay was very cheap.

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

This is the worst hotel ever and it abso...

Reviewed Mon 14th of April 2008

"This is the worst hotel ever and it absolutely does not warrant a 4 star rating.

When we were shown to our room at this hotel we were horrified. We are a family of 4 (2 young children) and there were only 3 beds in the small room. The room was dirty, tired and scruffy and too small for 4 people. The room was on the ground floor right next to the nightly "entertainment" and the noise was terrible. We immediately asked for a "better" room. We were moved to a slightly larger room away from the noise but it was still very disappointing.

As we had arrived at night we were yet to sample what we would see by daylight. We took our 2 children to the childrens pool only to witness open manholes with a sign "danger deep hole" (lovely) around the pool area (there were actually several of these around the grounds). The toilet facilities by the pool were absolutely filthy.

The food was terrible, bearly edible. This hotel calls itself all inclusive but it isnt. There are certain bars where you have to pay for drinks when the all inclusives are no longer open. Bar service is terrible.

We only spent 2 of our 14 nights at this hotel because we asked for either a flight home or to be reallocated to a proper 4 star hotel.

The rep was very helpful and understood our plight and the same day of complaining we were moved 80 miles away to a lovely hotel which actually warranted its 4 star rating (what an absolute difference). There was obviously a cost involved to ourselves but it was worth it, but this is the last thing you want to have to do when most families can only afford one holiday a year.

A warning - this hotel is nothing but a cattle market. It is run down, dated and is in need of a serious face lift. Do not go!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

Ok for a week cheap stay. Not to the 4*...

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2008

"Ok for a week cheap stay. Not to the 4* standard of the Hilton in Luxor but made do. Beds stiff, rooms tired looking. Staff in the restaurants and cleaners helpful apart from front desk who insisted on taking our pens away from us and replacing them with Sol Sharm ones which did not write, the cheek. They could not be bothered to check our flights or transfers as they boast they will do free of charge in the hotel brochure.

Music at pool was good as my MP3 player had broke, music at the beach very repetitive after a few days and food, it felt more like groundhog day staying here, good job we organised excursions on every other day or I would have gone crazy. I did not appreciate the Aida Bar turning into an Italian nightclub and played music till 2.30 am with an Italian DJ shouting and jeering people on which I later found people were quewing up to complain about, it felt like the holiday had a permenant soundtrack.

I can add to the other comments on this site about the Russians who have now put me off visiting Russia ever. They were rude even to each other, pushed and shoved, had complete disregard for the rules on diving with coral and we came across several walking on top of the mounds, which you can be prosecuated for. I found the coral here disapointing compared to Hughada, here it was almost completley dead and had been scrificed to ignorant tourists. Next time i will request either all english or english/italian catered hotel. My partner and I were fed up by the end of the holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of February 2008

Hotels near Cyrene Sharm Resort

Stayed at Cyrene Sharm Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Cyrene Sharm Resort

• Richard Scott by Richard Scott

"I enjoyed my time there but I wanted a quite holiday anyway. If you want lively pick your hotel acco "

• stevie19 by stevie19

"Stay at the Sol Sharm - You wont regret it :) "

• stevie19 by stevie19

"Restaurants and scuba diving "

• faygum by faygum

"Very relaxing place and the weather is hot and sunny but comfortable. "

• DKNY by DKNY

"Great weather, beaches, sealife and a bit of shopping. Something for everyone! "

• glenvile by glenvile