We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Cyrene Sharm Resort

El Montazah Area, Sharm El Sheikh 00206 Egypt

Pay a little extra

"We stayed at Sol Sharm in December 06 looking for relaxing winter sun and it certainly DID NOT deliver. We were lucky and got a room by the small pirates pool and therefore spent most of our time there, this managed to keep us away from a bunch of 40 something ladies on the lash. The evening entertainment was poor and lacked any imagination and the selection of all inclusive food and drink was a joke. We have just returned from a 5* ultra all inclusive in Dom Rep and the extra pennies spent certainly count.
I would like to go back to Egypt as the country has a lot to offer but staying a lot closer to one of the market towns would be a must instead of being captive in a generally poor resort"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of March 2007

beware of staff at sol sharm

"stayed at this hotel 3 times in past few months.

very clean hotel, cant fault the cleaners of rooms they are excellent.

mustafa on reception also cant do enough for you, very nice man, if you have problem he will do his best to help you.

restaurants are rubbish, food is disgusting, and like other reviews have said, unless the staff in the restaurants fancy there chances with you the service you get will be non existent.

i have first hand experience of the restaurant manager ahmed, dont fall for his charms, he has many women every week as do most of the staff at this hotel. If they can fleece you they will and most here do to subsidise there low wages. Most of the staff are married with wives elsewhere in egypt but that doesnt stop them chasing the guests . you have been warned.

would not stay at this hotel again as most english guests are second class citizens. They prefer russians. !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of March 2007

Relaxing break

Good

"We have just returned from a weeks stay at Sol Sharm.
We had read some reviews before we left and were wary of the many negative comments.
We found the hotel to be very clean, friendly and efficient. The food was very adequate for a buffet service with some varieties every day along side the staple dishes.
The bars were adequate. The staff in the restaurants, bars and housekeeping were friendly and helpful at all times.
The pool was cold but was warming up by the end of our stay. The sea was close by and the bus service fast and regular.
We would recommend a weeks break at this complex."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of February 2007

Good holiday ...shame about the icecream!

"We returned from holiday at Sol Sharm yesterday and I find these reviews really helpful when I am booking a holiday so I wanted to write down our experience while it is fresh in my mind!

As others have mentioned the hotel itself was very nice and quite clean (the bathroom was a little worn). Staff were very friendly when we arrived and made us feel welcome. This was the first time I have been to Egypt and I had travelled alone with my son so this made me fell comfortable.

We ate in the main restaurant for all of our 3 meals a day because the All Inclusive options were confusing and served all over the place (which we never really got to grips with!). The food was really nice although the choices were very similar at each meal which would become repetitive if you were there for 2 weeks. I have been AI before and there has always been access to icecream or ice lollies for children throughout the day. This was not the case and it was a special event when icecream was served one night in the restaurant!! I believe if AI is offered then you pay for this prior to your visit and should not be treated differently because you decide to pay up front. The majority of people are reasonable and do not over indulge.

The pool was absolutely freezing for the duration of our holiday but was a welcome relief at times from the glorious weather we had.
The biggest complaint I have is that there was absolutely no entertainment for children. The Animation team were very happy to entertain the young girls around the pool but did not provide anything for the children. The Solmelia website states ""Extensive daytime entertainment programme, including nautical club, aerobics, archery, etc. Childrens club" etc etc which is obviously not true.
I found some staff were exceptionally friendly and good at their job....in particular Ahmed who served in the Sinai Bar, which was just as well because some of the restaurant staff were not! They appeared surly and only interested in the people who were not All Inclusive. I get the impression that if we had tipped everyone all of the time we would have been treated differently. This might be worth your while if you want good service all round!

As an AI guest I definitely felt like a second rate citizen at this hotel. I would not go back for this reason, although I would definitely go back to Egypt!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of February 2007

Fab winter sun

Good

"Recently returned from a week long holiday at Sol Sharm with my sister in law. It was my first visit to Egypt. I was aprehensive about the holiday..... being that it was my first time out of Europe. I had a really good time. The people in Egypt were lovely and very friendly... always willing to help where ever they could. I would definitely go back to Sharm El Sheik and Sol Sharm. It was fab for a week long winter break in the sun.

The hotel was very clean.... the hotel staff were very friendly. We stayed All Inclusive... which was my first time on AI. (although my sister in law has been AI lots of times). Being my first time, i didnt really know what to expect... and only had the reviews i had read to go by. I didnt have a problem with any of the AI set up at the Sol Sharm. The AI bar is at a bar at the top of some steps and the bar itself is a bit bleak... but its ok.... They could do with making it a bit brighter and adding some suitable seating / tables. We didnt spend an awful lot of time in the bar...... (after having too much to drink one night .....lol). The barman, Ishmail, was very friendly... and chatty.

The restaurant was clean and there was always plenty of food.. help yourself. The food does get a bit repetitive after a while.... but it was still very good. Always a chicken, beef, fish, veg, rice and fresh pasta dishes....,. lots of desserts to chose from. Help yourself to AI drinks. The waiters are all very friendly and chatty. The chefs are also very nice.

The pool was (as stated in other reviews)... REALLY cold.... but im putting that down to it being February. It was too cold to go swimming in.... although some were brave enough to take the plunge. The adults pool is at one side of the hotel.. the childrens pool at the other side. We used to sunbathe around the childrens pool.... which had a large ship next to it.. so it was sheltered around this pool with few sun beds.. so was quite secluded too. We used to tip Rabir the pool attendant.. and he would put our cushions out every morning and save out beds for us.... which was really nice of him.

The team from the Health club... one of them called Alex, would come around and tempt you into booking massages... they were really good and reasonably priced.

The Animation team (entertainment)..... were again, very friendly.... They used to put on a show each night.... which was ok. We certainly didnt witness any hanky panky with any guests. (as stated in review below).

Namaa Bay was an experience. We didnt visit there long... but it was good to go and see the shops etc. We booked a taxi from the hotel... and it was fine... a safe car and a nice driver. the price was £5 each way. We arranged to be picked up at a certain time.. and he was there on the dot. Very reliable.

We went to the beach just once.. but it was really good. we went snorkelling off of the pier... the reef and fish was amazing... i loved it. The sea water was alot warmer than the pool and well worth giving it a go.

The chaps working in the hotel shops were great. We met Peepo (probably not spelt right). He was lovely., and we shared some Egyptian tea with him... and then he got us seats and showed us the BONGS... which we shared with him. He dressed us in the traditional Egyptian clothes....We sat in his shop for a couple of hours, where he talked about egyptian stories and customs etc. We didnt feel under any pressure from him to buy anything.... he was just friendly and enjoyed talking about his country and items in his shop (unlike one of the reviews below).

The room boy ..... Ahmed... was a quiet lad, but always very polite. We promised him a tip at the end of the holiday and he looked after us.... and made us decorations with our towels most days.... from a swan, mummy and a crocodile.

In summary,.... the hotel was lovely, the sea was lovely, the people were great. If you want a relaxing holiday.. quiet... just some winter sun... and get a good deal on your holiday price... its a lovely place to go.

If you would like any further info, or photos.. please dont hesitate to contact me at : [email protected]"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of February 2007

Chillout paradise

Good

"i have been going to the sol sharm for the past 3 years, where we meet up with a couple from our first visit,we found it to be an eye opener at the airport as it was our first time to egypt, when we got to our hotel the staff were very helpful when they bring your bags to your room, i cannot fault any of the lads around the pools including the lads down on the beach they cannot do enough for you, all for the sake of a pound tip now and again, the food was'nt up to much the first year we went but it is getting better as they are now catering for the English more as you have a lot of Italians and Russian.
We found the hotel spotlessley clean espcially the resturaunt where the staff are excellent helpful and friendly to which we still email and text one of the lads Mohsen which the wife took a shinning to. we found loads to do if we wanted Cairo snorkelling scuba diving valley of the kings are few to mention so when people say there is nothing to do in sharm they must live a very busy life, we are going to goa for our holiday this year but we are also going to return to sol sharm in June to see some old friends"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of January 2007

OK, just ****

"Have just returned from a week at this hotel, in Sharks Bay. It is 20 km outside Sharm. The building was great, well looked after, although there are a number of steps, so not suitable for those with mobility difficulties, and although there were some slopes, there were no handrails.

This hotel is built in the shape of a letter 'E' facing the sea. In each garden there is a pool a shallow one for the children and a deeper one for adults. Most of the rooms face the pools and look out to sea.

The food was OK, with plents of choice, four star but only just. The chefs were very talented, but after a week of full-board, it was a little 'all the same'. I recomend that you choose your meals with care so you do not run out of options at the end. There was always a choice of soup, at least one fish, and a vegatarian option. There was often a carvery and pasta cooked to order. It was hot and you could help yourself to as much as you wanted.

There was little in the way of entertainment, both during the day and at night. The evenings therefore draged on. But at the same time it was quiet at night. There are a number of very small children at this hotel.

My main disapointment is that there was a lack of 'service' at this hotel. Many are on an 'All Inclusive' board, which is fine if you want to help yourself to 'free' drinks all day. However there was no service around the pool or in any of the bars, you had to go and 'get it' yourself, and the drinks were in very small glasses. In my opinion this spoilt the holiday. Those of us who were on AI were treated as second class guests, probebly because the waiters were unlikly to get a tip, (my assumption). However this also meant other guests also lacked the service you would expect from a four star hotel.

I would recomend it, with the above warning. It is great for a week in the sun in the winter, especially if you get a good price. If you want great food, good service, and be spoilt for a week, you may want to look elsewhere.

I would not go back to this hotel, it is a long way out from Sharm or any shops etc. I would go back to Sharm. Maybe a better hotel on the beach nearer to the centre of a more established resort."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of January 2007

The AI option needs to be seriously looked at....

"Happy New Year...

We have just spent a week AI at the Sol Sharm in Sharm El Sheikh from the 24 - 31st December and it was perfect relaxation.

Having read all the previous reviews then we had a good idea what to expect so we were well prepared for the negatives as well as the positives.

First of all the Hotel is clean, with Air Con and heating in all the rooms which helped at night as it's VERY COLD at night so pack a few zippers or jumpers if venturing outside the hotel at night.

Keep plenty of Egyptian £10's handy (worth £1 UK) and tip the chap at the pool and the guys in the AI bar and they will look after you.........it's amazing what a tip can do.........

You can sunbathe from about 8am - 2.30pm in the winter and the temperature ranges from 20 - 28 degree's C which was perfect. It's best to sunbathe at the hotel as it can get cold and windy at the beach which isn't sheltered.

The hotel is perfect if you want a week away in the sunshine relaxing topping up the tan but if you want more than that then I would recommend another hotel. A week was the perfect time as 14 night be too much. The CONRAD hotel looks amazing.........so check that one out........

The entertainment is what you would expect in most places.....it was amateurish but ok and the annimation team were very pleasant and not sleazy in the slightest as another review has stated. The team are fun mavericks who work hard and keep the kids happy at night.

The pool is like ice and everybody wasn't happy as it's claimed that it is heated but they never take the chill off it...........

We met a Scottish family who had a 8 year old and a 6 year old and they used wet suits to go into the pool without a word of a lie......SORT IT OUT PLEASE.........

If you go half board you get treated better than AI and it's a disgrace as WE PAY TOO...........

We had to go to the bar upstairs to get a drink to bring it down which wasn't too bad but we got served drinks in different glasses to the half board guests and it just doesn't look good..........

WHY DON'T THEY JUST MAKE THE HOTEL AI INSTEAD...??

If you want a normal whiskey and coke it's £5.50 so it's not cheap. Also buy your suntan lotion before you go at it's expensive in the hotel shop....

Sharm El Sheikh is a work in progress at the moment so it's nothing to look at and I heard mixed reviews on the trips to Luxor and Cairo mostly bad............

If you want a get away at Xmas to top up the tan and get away from the winter blues and you fancy a change from the usual Canaries options then try out Sharm El Sheikh but unless the management make a few changes then try a different hotel.........."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of January 2007

Annual Visitor

Good

"I write this review due to being somewhat shocked at the review below. I have been to Sol Sharm a number of times at will be returning in 2007. I was a guest at Sol Sharm 12 Dec. nobody in my party "got off" with any of the entertainment staff, I can confirm this. In fact two of the staff told me that they like English women because they do not sexually harass them. The entertainment staff escort guests to night clubs ensuring they are returned safely and not harassed by locals. In all my visits I have never been asked for a tip. With regards to the food you get what you pay for, if I want 5* food I pay 5* prices. Albeit I would like to see bottled water given to AI guests and be able to take wine out of the restaurant. The stairs are a little dangerous however that could be resolved with rubber strips being placed on each of the steps. Yes the pool and beach can be a little noisy however if you ask the enterainment staff to turn it down they will. Also when ever I have wanted quiet time I have gone to the paddling pool where I have never been disturbed and on my 2005 holiday found myself and my friend the only people by that pool, (May be it's a little too quiet.) The reason I go to Sol Sharm if because I know what i'm getting!! Good service, polite staff, decent guests, a clean room and I feel safe due to security around the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of December 2006

Shocking!!!

"Probably the worst experience of my life! Where do I start... No way is this hotel or the staff 4*! It was my 1st all inclusive experience & I hope that isn't the general standard. Not only that but everyone under 25 seemed to think it was an 18-30 holiday! I am only in my mid 20's but hotel staff (management of entertainment team) are openly sleeping with hotel guests, Certain members of the animation team are rude & only speak the people they like, complaints are laughed off, entertainment is poor, (worse than a weekend @ butlins) I felt like i was trapped as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere & the taxi's the hotel books for you are more expensive & just as dodgy. The room cleaner knocked on our door & demanded money for his holiday "as we wouldn't be needing it!" The pool was freezing cold even though it has a facility to be heated, the staff in the all inclusive areas are rude, however staff in the paying bars are friendly! funny that. The hotel shops are overpriced & shop owners hassle you to go in there. The hotel is amazing in itself but is let down by alot of factors, the all inclusive food was the same every day & you were not allowed to take wine out of restraunt even though that was the only place serving it, it has seriously put me off ever going back to egypt let alone this hotel - HOWEVER!!! if you do go to Na'ama Bay please please visit Little Buddah, it is the most amazing restraunt i have every been to & the food is so delicous you actually make noises of delight when you are eating it, I recommend a nice bottle of rose & for starters either chicken spring roll or steak satay, main course definately mongolian beef & to finish a perfect evening a Chocolate martini all for just about £30 per person... bargain, the staff are fantastic & so friendly & all speak brill english"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of December 2006

Place to relax

Good

"Just spent a enjoyable week at the Hotel Sol Sharm, its not a huge place but this we liked as there wasn't to much walking involved, plus you got to see the same faces most days.
Rooms are very nice and a good size, always very clean.
Wasn't to sure about the food the first day but once i tried it ..even though i wasn't always sure what i was eating i found it all very testy, not always very hot but there is a microwave you can use.
Nice wine in the restaurant but its a great shame you can not have this in the bars (its not included in the all inclusive package, I felt i missed out as i only drink wine.
Beach is only a short walk away, which has a beach bar and toilets.
Pool and area around the pool is lovely and always kept clean.
Nice friendly staff had a good laugh with a few especially the hotel photographer.
Never left the hotel as we have been on the trips before and this holiday was just for relaxing.
Weather was lovely....very hot!
Have already booked to return for christmas, fingers crossed that wine will then be available then."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of June 2010

outstanding

Good

"Myself and my partner went to sol sharm this may and had a great holiday, good staff, good food and clean and comfortable rooms.Whist here i celebrated my birthday and the hotel staff went out of there way to make it special, grat holiday hope to go back next may, Aileen & Bill Derbyshire"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of May 2010

Hotels near Cyrene Sharm Resort

Stayed at Cyrene Sharm Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Cyrene Sharm Resort

• Richard Scott by Richard Scott

"I enjoyed my time there but I wanted a quite holiday anyway. If you want lively pick your hotel acco "

• stevie19 by stevie19

"Stay at the Sol Sharm - You wont regret it :) "

• stevie19 by stevie19

"Restaurants and scuba diving "

• faygum by faygum

"Very relaxing place and the weather is hot and sunny but comfortable. "

• DKNY by DKNY

"Great weather, beaches, sealife and a bit of shopping. Something for everyone! "

• glenvile by glenvile