Coral Sea Waterworld Resort

El-Salam Road Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 317 Egypt

Good

wonderfull holidays and resort!!!!!!

"I just can't beleive some people made bad comments about this hotel since it's so beautiful. Some people are never happy for what they get I feel really sad for them. But, if you're like me and enjoy life trust me you'll have a great time there.

it's definitively a four stars resort, the accomodation are very nice and even the single bed are huge. The swimming pool are not freezing, it's not heated ok but i mean it's 34degrees outside who would need an heated swimming pool.

The beach of the resort is just great, the sea is turquoise and there is lots of fish of all colours. But a little piece of advice, you should try to dive in another place as I thought there was so many fish it wasn't possible to find better but it is beleive me!

So, some people critisize the staff??!!! How come the egyptian people are the greatest people ever, there are alway trying to engage the conversation, make you feel welcome. I would give 10/10 for they hospitality, we even make some friends there and are invited to come back next year in their place.

And for single girls watch out! egyptian guys are so hot and good looking (oh my god)... But I am not single so I could only watch :-)...

So if you want to enjoy the perfect holiday ever, for the negative point you shouldn't:
-book any excursions trough the resort are it is so expensive but use this website instead, ----
you can book by sending them and email and paid once on arrival. it's very good. I've done a couple of excursions with them.
-don't buy anything at the resort, eg:souvenirs, cigarettes...because it's too expensive. Buy it on the old market instead, better value.

That's all i can see really, for the people who have been sick in the report before ok bad for them, but they says that everybody in the hotel was sick, when I was there nobody was sick no that I heard of anyway. You won't be sick if you follows this very simple rules don't drink something with ice in it, brush your teeth with mineral water, don't eat fruit whcih are not peeled.

Then for the food i think it was good I mean ok compared to what you can expect from a restaurant 4 star in france (i am french) but very nice if you compare it to some restaurant in ireland or in the uk! I really enjoy the chocolates cakes, yummy!

To conclude we had a really good time. i'd like to say something more though some people have been so unfair with the staff and this resort, the worst comment was that it's ok for chavs. Because It's so good for the value that people like you and me can actually afford it, and some rich people don't like to be mixed up with the commun one, so snob!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006

let down

"Well we have just come back from this hotel, after reading so many good reports on the internet before going i was really looking forward to it, what a let down, the hotel itself is spotless, however the food was awful nearly everyone there had upset stomachs, i was really ill for over 3 days, the rest of my family had the runs all the time. It is not buggy friendly at all there are no lifts and no ramps up to the reception area, we dont have small kids anymore but a few people we met over there has and it was a nightmare for them. The staff are only nice to you when you are tipping, they just want as much money from you as possible. The location is like being on the surface of the moon, there is nothing at all around it apart from 1 supermarket. If you want something to do then you have to take a thrilling 100mph taxi ride into Narma Bay and if you do this at night they dont use their headlights!!. We found all the bar staff really rude, and the food is just tasteless, they are currently looking into way so many people have been ill, so at least they know something is wrong and are willing to do something about it. The bar staff chat in their own language about the customers they make so obvious, one day a customer will understand what they are saying and they will be in for a shock, when you ask for a beer they act like they are paying for it themselves, the enterainment is something else kids mini disco's till nearly 9pm then bingo and football card and then some ear bashing singing from the reps. Jamie and Lisa did their best bless them, but if you are looking for a fun packed holiday this is not the place. Sorry Coral Sea you need another 10 years to sort this problem out."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of May 2006

Ignore the negative reviews!!! This place is great!

"We recently returned from a wonderful two week Easter break at the Coral Sea Resort and can honestly say it is one of our best holidays to date. I am a school teacher (meaning we are restricted to school holidays) and my girlfriend works as a team manager for First Choice and we are very picky to say the least when it comes to booking holidays spending hours reading reviews and scrutanising brochures. With so few reviews for this resort due to the hotel only being open 12 months, and some of those not being particularly good, we did feel we were venturing into the unknown some what. However, we couldn't have been happier with our choice and I can honestly say that any negative reviews about this place says more about the people writing them than it does about the hotel itself! Granted, this isn't the Ritz or a Hilton and 4 stars in Egypt is not what you'd see back home but for overall value, comfort, cleanliness, food, grounds etc etc you could not ask for more without breaking the bank.

The main positives are as follows...
Staff - Very friendly but not over the top. As other reviews have mentioned, if you are polite to them they will be polite to you (with or without you tipping them). Sounds obvious I know but we encountered some very, I'm ashamed to say, typical Brits who think they are the only people staying at the resort and expected to be doted upon! We don't have any children of our own but did notice how brilliant the staff were with children.

Rooms - Probably the best we've stayed in. We upgraded to a sea view select room for around something as small as £4 per night. Aswell as a fantastic view this gave us a DVD player which we made use of in the evenings! (You can't beat a bit of Only Fools!) TV also showed a few English speaking channels including a 24 hour movie channel showing fairly recently released films.

Grounds - Excellent pool areas leading right down to the beach front. The grounds were kept meticulously and were pleasant surroundings to laze in! Beach itself was pretty good but best of all was always quiet - never a problem getting a lounger. Sea was lovely although not suitable for swimming due the shallow depth but snorkelling off the jetty was fun if you could be bothered to get up.

Drinks - As other people have correctly said beer was as good as we get here, red wine was drinkable, white and rose were not great and spirits weren't the best either however unless you are a connoisseur (which I certainly am not!) this wont bother you.

Food - Buffet restaurant is as any buffet restaurant in a 4-5 star all inclusive hotel is. Food is good but not fantastic, you will always find something you like even if it's only pizza and chips (pizza and pata are cooked fresh to order - this isn't common in other all inclusive hotels we've stayed in), if food has been standing for a while it will be cooler than when it was first put out, choice can become repetitive and some evenings quality is better than others. Don't get me wrong the food is good particularly if, like me, you are not fussy about what you eat but would be better in more expensive hotels or on a cruise ship.
The italian restaurant you can vist once per week is pleasant and quite entertaining due to the 'Manuel' style of waiting! (In fairness I think they are just learning the job.)

A visit to Naama bay is a must with a wide number of restaurants as you'd expect in a bustling resort. I can personally recommend the Hard Rock Cafe and a Mexican restaurant (can't remember the name I'm afraid but it was always busy) There are also bars in Naama bay that show live sports like The Camel Bar and The Tavern (Where I thoroughly enjoyed watching my beloved Liverpool beat Chelsea in the FA Cup!) The hotel offers a bus service to and from Naama bay for £1 English each way.

Overall, there is very little to complain about this hotel and please don't be put off by the bombings. Sharm el Sheikh is incredibly security conscious and we genuinely felt safer here than we have in other holiday destinations. They are far more prepared than we are over here.

Forgive the overly long review and I know it makes me sound like a geek! but I just find it difficult to understand how people could write an entirely negaive review about this place. If you've booked to come don't even consider changing your mind, you will regret it."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of May 2006

Fab Hotel

"We have just returned from the Coral Sea and again after reading mixed reviews were unsure what we were going to experience. But any fears we may have had dissapeared as soon as we arrived, firstly Sharm airport is a military airport and as such isn't massive also no English reps are allowed in the airport building but it was no where as bad as some reviews made out, the only thing you will experience are staff who want tips for just about anything!! One guy managed to lift my case off the carousel before I could get to it and wanted a tip - no chance!!. The transfer to the hotel went smoothly and took less than 30 minutes and when we arrived we were greeted with complimentary drinks in the fab reception. After checking in we went to our room (the cases get delivered later) and were really impressed how spacious everything was, the room, the balcony, the grounds, the pools etc. Everything was spotless with bedding/towels changed daily.

After reading other reviews we knew that the minibar wasn't free so we just used it to chilll the free bottled water you can get from the restaurant. As for the food we had no complaints at all we just stayed away from the salad as from previous experience at different hotels are sure that this is where most dodgy tummy problems arise as most get washed with tapwater. But there was plenty of choice and there was a smoking and non smoking which you dont always get. As for the evening entertainment Its true you wont be experiencing a broadway show but what are you expecting from such a reasonably priced holiday? But the First Choice entertainment team especially Jamie worked really hard and did a good job also in the daytime there were always activities to keep you occupied.

All in all a brilliant holiday and would have no hesitation in booking to go there again just remember to tip the staff at the end of the hoiliday as they really do appreciate it."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of May 2006

Don't be so hard on the reps!!!

"We just arrived back from the Coral sea and have to say, it was pretty good!

Pluses... Supersized rooms and equally large balcony. Towels and linen changed EVERY day and kept immaculate. The gardens and pool areas were immaculate too. Gemma and the rest of the ents team worked very hard and were always down to earth, they always had time for you and never had any attitude. Nothing was too much trouble.... You did a fab job lads and lasses! Have to say we didnt bother too much with the evening entertainment but that was because we were knackered by 10pm by busily topping up our tans!!! Pool areas were great, loads of sunloungers so no-one went without and pool towels are free, so dont bother taking any.

Negatives? just a couple...
Mini bar, extortionate prices. 22 E£ for a can of coke whereas if you got to a supermarket, you would get 4 litres for the same price...
As soon as we arrived and gave our cases to the driver, he asked for a tip. Of course he didnt get one! not the best introduction to your holiday. The visa issue at the airport was a little confusing. If you dont go out of Sharm eg Luxor or the bigger days out, then you dont need one. You are advised to queue to speak to the Egyptian Airport reps and I would definitely take the advice. There are other reps at the airport that try to get you to leave the watchful eye of First Choice and buy a visa regardless of whether you need one or not. My advice is to let the tour operators look after you. They know what they are doing.

Restaurant.... Quite repetitive. Tough meat, and the chefs had difficulty in getting to grips with keeping the food well stocked. There is always freshly made pizza and pasta if you dont fancy what is on offer. You will be amazed at the fresh bread and pastries on offer and the desserts are plentiful!

The staff.... my advice is to tip them at the start of the holiday otherwise "Aziz" would rather spend the day chatting up the girls or serving guests that had done the above! Not particularly good service in my opinion!

The reps.... We had a problem with a sharp broken tile in our room which I reported to Jay on the day of the welcome. 24 hours later, nothing was done so mentioned it again to Vicky and it was fixed within the hour!!! Well done Vicky!! Jenn on the first day really went the extra mile to tell us more than we asked for and even remembered to ask how we enjoyed our scuba diving course! Pretty impressive when you think that she has 700 ish guests to look after!!!

Overall, we loved our 7 nights at the Coral Sea and would return in the future. As an ex manager for Thomson and First Chjoice, I am very critical about where we stay but all in all, the First Choice team and the hotel gave us good service and great value for money!!!

Final thought.... First Choice..... give us more legroom on the flights!!!!! I would happily pay more for this!
Thank you and good evening!"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

Fantastic holiday!

"We have just returned home after spending a week at the Coral sea. Had an excellent time. Spent every day by the pool from 10am till 5pm. Great quality sun beds and free towels too. Hotel rooms were exceptional, separate area for wardrobe hidden away! We upgraded to a sea view and wow, what a view, such a large balcony area too. Food and drink very good choice (even free bottled water). Evening entertainment wasnt very good, but could get the courtsey bus into Narma Bay, took about 30 minutes. Security very tight all over the place. The beach was very clean and the sea very shallow, able to see lots of fish. Would strongly recommend scuba diving here. Overall we loved the place and would definately return (only time we left was one evening to Narma bay, scuba diving and a trip to Cairo)! As another review stated, would definately chose Egypt over the Carnary Islands this time of year!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of April 2006

Entertainment Lacking

Good

"Just returned from Egypt (20-28/04/06).
After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor are thoughts were a bit mixed before travel, but found most of problems mentioned have been ironed out.
The First Choice reps have been replaced by 4 new ones, and although they did try to be jack of all trades with so many guests they were run ragged by the 'guests', both adults & kids. I always found them polite and able to answer questions promptly.

The VISA issue at the airport was explained by an Egyptian rep, this is due to the war with Israel in the 70's. If you intend to travel within 300km of the Israel border you must have the visa - this includes trips to Cairo etc, but is not required if staying in the resort area.
We were advised to write on the Visa entry card on the plane 'Siani only’, and this was find in passport control.
Speaking of the airport, there are 9 flights arriving in this small airport between 5pm to 7pm, hence the issues. Good News then, if like us you are travelling from Brum, you get there at about 8pm and you're the only flight at that time!

We had a tip from the First Choice travel agent in the UK to get a private taxi to the resort, this is well worth the extra few quid as we walked out the airport into the taxi and arrived at our hotel in about 10mins. Our bags delivered to our room and we were down to the bar in a total of 30mins. 40mins later we enjoyed watching the rest of the guests checking in. You also have a taxi to take you to the airport at the end of your stay which is also great.

Never found there was an issue with the food in the restaurant or getting a seat, although the water bottles only given out during lunch & dinner which is no good and must be sorted out.
Found all the Egyptian staff friendly and had a laugh with you. As noted in a previous review - the beach staff (they look like Asda staff) are the best on the site and deserve a pay rise.
Always found the room clean, although when items such as shower gel used these were not replaced very often.
The entertainment is due to be changed this week, so hopefully the Irish bar will be an adults only bar so there are places for us oldies to relax without being hassled by the reps and not full of kids until midnight.

A note of warning though, we heard a conversation that FC has over-booked during the summer months and the hotel has to build extra rooms for them. This has yet to be started. Also there are around 1,000 kids due in the summer, so if you are going you have been warned ;)"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of April 2006

Fantastic hotel, great food - give it a try!

"Just returned from a week here for Easter with my wife, 3 year old son and in-laws (74 and 68). There is a mix of reviews for this place but I can honestly say that this was one of the best resorts we have stayed in! The rooms are spacious and clean and the communal areas are spotless. The pool areas and grounds are meticulously kept.

The staff are excellent and can't do enough for you; the food is great - always hot with a good selection. Every night in the self service restaurant there is a different theme and the waiters dress up accordingly. There were great choices for breakfast with food cooking counters for eggs and omelettes in the morning and stir frys and grills in the evenings. There is a children’s only area which is great for the kids and there was always plenty of tables what ever time we went - yes it was busy it was Easter but you never felt that it was too busy - always enough food and attentive waiters. The bread and pastry table was amazing - you will not be disappointed with the food!

The pools are great - one is heated and one isn't, they both have swim up bars and the cold pool has a daytime activity program (water polo, quizzes etc.) There is a giant chess set and giant snakes and ladders which is great for the kids also. There are two kiddie pools - one at the cold pool and one at the children’s playground.

The beach is excellent and very safe for children – you can walk out for what seems like a mile up to your knees! You can walk along the jetty and see numerous fish but I can definitely recommend a ride into Namma Bay (approx 20 minutes and £13 return in a cab – or only £1 per person each way on the hotel shuttle) for a glass bottom boat ride. Pick this up from the Movenpick Hotel beach jetty for only £4.50 each person. The trip is 1 hour and the fish you see are amazing. We also went on a snorkelling trip with them also and enjoyed this but you see more from the boat!

The only criticisms I would have with the hotel are that there are no lifts so this made it difficult for the disabled guests and those with baby buggies (like us!) and the evening entertainment is poor for such an opulent hotel.

The evening entertainment consisted of First Choice resident entertainment team shows, audience participating games (like “You Bet” and “Mr and Mrs”) and the 2 external shows we did see were very poor – but our 3 year old enjoyed the mini disco and the Bingo was fun! If you are expecting world class evening entertainment then this is not the place for you – but there are plenty of places in the hotel to escape the Butlins style entertainment of you want a quiet drink. Plus you can walk along the beach path to the neighbouring 2 hotels if you need a change of scenery or the hotel run shuttle to Namma Bay operates well into the evening with the last bus back at midnight.

Overall value for money is excellent – for an early sun break you can’t beat it – we’ll never go back to the Canary Islands again!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of April 2006

OK for Chavs

"This was our first package holiday experience for some time (and the last), but seeing as we were taking my 5 year old daughter we thought an all inclusive package of this type would be ideal. On first impressions the hotel looked very clean, spacious and ideally located for the beach.

We realised our mistake at dinner on the first night, all I can say is it was absolute pandamonium, why do British parents let their kids run riot in restuarants (I use the word restaurant in it's broadist possible sense here)? The food itself was ok but it is complete chaos, the noise was unbearable. For the 2nd night we went to the 'Italian Restaurant', again the food was ok but the 'Wine List' (apparently this consituted a list) consisted of a choice of either 1 red or 1 white, the red is paletable but the white is possibly the worst I have ever tasted. The meal itself is 'free' so you only pay for drinks, frankly I wouldn't bother, we spent £20 on 4 glasses of rank wine and a bottle of water.
We avoided the main restuarant as much as possible and went into Naama Bay a couple of nights, a taxi will cost E£120 return but well worth it even with a 5 year old.

During the day we spent our time on the beach, which is very good, uncrowded and clean. Luckily there was a breeze blowing on shore most days which meant we couldn't hear the racket from the 'entertainment' and music from the pool area, do people really need to be 'entertained' 24,7? do us Brits have no sense of adventure or minds of our own???
As I mentioned the beach is very good, my 5 year old learnt to swin in the sea and to snorkel in the shallow lagoon.

The beach bar is called 'The Mermaid'(?), this is where we went most days for lunch, again the food was ok but why do we have to have chips with everything? is it because First Choice say we should?

As mentioned by others' reviews' the all inclusive spirits were dire, the Gin smelt and tasted like perfume, the Vodka was ok but either incredibly strong or barely evident. The wine was awful.

I would urge you to leave this resort from time to time, or not come at all, and experience what Sharm has to offer, you can then go home saying you have been to Egypt and not just to Skegness with better weather.

Overall this holiday offered very poor value for money."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of April 2006

brillent hotel

Good

"Arrived back early saturday morning from the coral sea resort hotel.have to say we really enjoyed our stay there.food was good with a very good choice.very friendly staff who looked after us very well.Two swimming pools one is heated one is cold but when it is really hot the cold one is great to jump into.we had a huge room with 3 double .Room was great it was a big room with 3 beds in and a sofa tables and chairs.i wouls say that it is a good family resort with a games room internett excess and pool tables.Football pitch with activities for the children.weather was great it is a dry heat and does not get humid. The hotel is set in beautifull gardens with flowers everywere.I Would stay at this resort again and will look into returning next year."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of April 2006

coral sea resort - jan 2013

Good

"good hotel. excellent location on beach. clean in all areas. great friendly service. food pretty good but could be better. no ice cream in main restaurant at dinner and desserts could be tastier and healthier. Banana crumble still there every day and not that great! Ahmed who cleaned our room did us some fantastic towel arrangements! The room was very big - i went with my mum and we were given a family room which wasnt ideal as we would have referred a twin. I had the king size bed and mum slept on a single bed which i think was meant for a child and resembled something you would see in hospital - no headboard, but mum said it was comfy! grounds/gardens beautiful. pools beautiful. Animation team good however it would have been nice to have some older reps to represent age ranges. Finnley's Bar needs a big update - miserable looking - a lick of paint would work wonders! Got a lot of attention from Spa staff and beauty salon staff in terms of touting for business which was a bit overpowering and sometimes unwelcome but i suppose they have to get business! It was probably because the hotel wasnt that full. Heard rumours that hotel is to be turned into more of a family resort due to new aqua park being built which would be a shame as the hotel is obviouslyt very popular. Would not recommend visit to Old Sharm Market - ripped off for drinks in cafe and only same things to buy as in Naama Bay but further from Nabq Bay."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2013

Rooms are a good size
Staff very friendly "

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2012

Hotels near Coral Sea Waterworld Resort

Stayed at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Coral Sea Waterworld Resort

• jess236 by jess236

"if you want to test the water before jumping in go to sharm "

• jess236 by jess236

"cleo water park was ok expensive inside and you cant take in anyfood or drinks but worth a visit "

• nmillar22 by nmillar22

"Snorkling is a must its amazing. "

• witold.proszynski by witold.proszynski

"Great place to go for activity holiday "

• witold.proszynski by witold.proszynski

"Windsurfing, Quad safari on the desert "

• Ashlee by Ashlee

"We loved Egypt and are going back with another 7 people from our family in April 2009 "

• Ashlee by Ashlee

"Quadbiking And Camel Riding are musts!!! "

• Kat T by Kat T

"IT is amazinngg and if you like to go out for good night life go to the next town over na'ma bay!!! "

• Kat T by Kat T

"We ate at the hotle or the restaurants in our all inclusive and it was great! "

• : ) by : )

"We loved the resort so much, and would definaty go back again and reccomend it "

• : ) by : )

"Diving was the most enjoy able part "

• Threlfall by Threlfall

"enjoyed the Aqua scope trip (even saw scuba diver fish) "

• pete+bridge by pete+bridge

"loved the diving if never done it before you got to try "

• nicandcraig by nicandcraig

"go the beach is great "

• nicandcraig by nicandcraig

"VIP cruise around Ras Mohammed "

• ANNALISA by ANNALISA

"A FABULOUS PLACE TO RELAX "

• xstacersx by xstacersx

"Bring sterling, price around for trips. "

• lindag512 by lindag512

"snorkelling on the tiran island - all we did "

• lyons1 by lyons1

"a relaxing, child friendly amazing place to take a break "

• katijay by katijay

"go vist a lovely place nice people "

Coral Sea Waterworld Resort is also called