Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh

Ras Nosrani, Sharm El Sheikh 102 Egypt

Fantastic

Reviewed Mon 7th of October 2013

"I have stayed at this hotel and loved every minute of it. The service is outstanding; the rooms are very modern and contemporary.
The food choice is plentiful even for the fussiest eaters.
You receive weekly leaflets with what’s on for entertainment and activities.
I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Travel date: Mon 7th of October 2013

More of a dinghy than a flagship

Reviewed Sat 19th of May 2012

"The Sensatori, what a disappointment!!!! Our rooms were lovely (although no fresh towels in the evening), swim up, beach view with a sun lounger on the patio. That was a life saver as in order to get a sun lounger by the pool I think you may have to get up at 6am!! On the one occasion we were up really early for a trip at 7.30 EVERY bed had a towel on it, I think there just weren’t enough beds, same scenario on the beach. Our neighbours asked for a 2nd lounger for their patio but were told no as it would create a health & safety issue, even if they took the table & chairs away!
Dining – left a lot to be desired. I think the canteen at my school has more ambiance than the buffet experience and if you don’t fancy walking around & queuing up to get fed whilst on holiday you can queue for an hour in the morning at one of the four terminals to bag a table (2 days in advance) at one of the 3 a l’carte restaurants. The Italian restaurant wasn’t bad but when we ate in the other one it was two thirds empty, with absolutely no atmosphere & mediocre food.
If being on holiday means sipping a cocktail under a palm tree or umbrella whilst still in your swimwear….not a chance!! There were two air conditioned glass houses by the beach, one of which did have 6/8 tables outside but no shade whatsoever!! At least it was easy to get a seat during the day but not a hope when it cooled down in the evening.
Entertainment – LIMP! The theatre is a cavernous tent so maybe it was the acoustics but 3 songs was all we could manage on the Take That evening, we’d managed more at the previous show but it still wasn’t a great experience. As for the activities, that was pretty limp as well with no sign of any motivational enthusiasm from the entertainment team. On one occasion only 2 others (& my daughter) turned up for the water polo but instead of going around the pool & asking if anybody fancied joining in the rep sat down at the side & grumbled about his toe for half an hour.
Sad let down as we had booked it based on the great sales pitch by Thomson, we certainly will not be doing a Sensatori again.

• Travel date: Sat 19th of May 2012

5 star youve got to be kidding........are you all blind

Reviewed Tue 8th of May 2012

"all i can say is that the general cleanliness of the place and the bedroom / bathroom(including the rooms either side of us) were nothing short of shabby and disgusting......do not pay your hard earned cash to go this horrible Thomsons resort ....yuk . And we paid for a family delux swim up ........thats a con too."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of May 2012

Sensatori, Sharm.

Reviewed Mon 16th of April 2012

"We stayed here in 2006, 2007 and 2008 when it was a Hilton hotel, and again in 2009 just after it was sold. It has since been closed and totally revamped, now it is much improved and has had a breath of new life. We were happy to find a couple of staff members from the old days, and the fantastic jetty is in the same location. Our room had a sliding door between it and the veranda, which housed a bed for our daughter (8), and was situated near the childrens pool and great slide which she loved. The beach was clean and cared for and the pool and beach staff were attentive and friendly. All the staff were very conscientious. Food choice was great, buffet style which can suit everyone, the choice was vast. We dined at the outdoor Stonegrill one evening, which we had to pay for, but the bill was minimal and the experience was good."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2012

love this hotel

Reviewed Mon 12th of July 2010

"this is a purfect holiday they will treat you like kings food is good different theme every night cocktails are good the beds are to die for the room we had was a double select which was realy nice always clean, some of us did get a tummy bug but it wasnt from the hotel it was from the heat, the hotel is spotless. I am a florida person and never thought in my wildest dreams that l would like egypt but l love it.Please dont listen to all the rubbish about this hotel try for yourself, you cannot please some people there just have to moan about everything, our room wasnt the one we requested when we got there and after a talk to reception they sorted it and moved us A S A P good hotel please try, all the shops on site are brill and the picture shop outside robert l think his name was he will do you a good deal on the pictures they are lovely. Enjoy this hotel you realy dont have to try to hard, the airport at sharm isnt that nice but dont let it put you of as the loos arnt that nice and never have toilet paper so take your own, the food is very expensive there also so dont get ripped of and the men waiting outside put your bag into the coach and say money just ignore them they are rude but you wont get that when you get to your hotel its help and hapiness all the way "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2010

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed Tue 29th of June 2010

"ive been here three times now and loved it
Getting there
Its all a bit cahotic getting there and we always get delayed but maybe that is just us. The airport was really usy and the heat hits you as u come off the plane also u do have to wait for a bit and dont understand anyone but that is what it is like most places ... Dont be worried by this though ...

There
1st time i went we were late and had had not tea so when we got there we got pizza and bottles of water served to us whilst they sorted us out then we were whisked away and taken to our rooms shown how everything was done and we had a better room each time

Next day
Next day they show us round and tell us someof the trips u will probly find they are cheeper by the rep but not all the time

Food
The food is fantastic sont listen to anyone who says its not... they have some food all the time but others not and it is good for children to try them with new things

staff
Omg i think the staff are the nicest people ever they hit on woman (just to let u know) but only as a joke and they will play with kids do little hand shake thingis talk to u some of them remember us from the years before and talked to us because of that they are all amazing and work alot for a lil money

Room
Rooms are all really nice and clean everyday we only needed to ask for new towels once as they forgot that day one day we were in the room when they came to clean it so we sat outside and watched and they cleaned everything make animals out of towels and alsorts.

Annervercity
The second year we came here it was my mum and dads wedding annervercity and they got a big chocolate cake to take to them it was gorg we didnt finish it so thy took it to our room for us

Annimation team
One year when we came it wasd the olympics so they were doing contests and we all had to pick a persons team it got a lil competetive but thats because some poeople go a lil ovverboard night entertainment is okay but not the best but they do put a lot of effort into it. Day entertainment is better though . They are all really friendly and u can get to know them really well.

Trips
Horse riding was my best one as we went in the destert horse riding. it was really good but a lil scary as it is totally different than our way. There was a dancing horse which was really good as well.
Snorkelling ones are always good
Town ones are good but if u like staying out late then maybe not for u.

End
Coming home is a night mare as u have to wait for ages on the coach before u even set off the animation team do there dance for u (i nearly cried lol)
Luggage takes agees to find it is really busy and doesnt seem to be very organised as we werent allowed to take water but we saw other people do so .
Shops are dear there but u expect that anyways .
Plane flight is very good we got upgraded last year as the other plance was broke

Points
Be careful about buying things like tobacco
Barter for what u want other wise they will sell it to u at ridiculous prices
Be ready for the madness in towns
It is a fantastic place to stay

Basically just stay there !!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of June 2010

spotless

Reviewed Fri 26th of June 2009

"Me and my partner have just return from the coral sea imperial was the conrad previously.
We are unable to fault this hotel.Rooms where large cleaned everyday,maybe bathroom could do with a few touch ups, tile missing here and there but being spotlessly clean made up for that.
Resturant very clean food excellent yes same chicken,beef,fish daily but cooked in different ways,so not a problem, plenty of choice,salad bar, cooked while you wait,pizza, pasta,egg dishes,fantastic barbicues,the bread stall was fresh baked daily,and the sweets where to die for.
Staff very friendly couldnt do enough for you.
Beach was cleaned daily no crowding,fresh towels provided.Drinks on tap,very hot so a must from beach bars.Never been snorkling as i cant swim,did it this time and wow what fish there are to be seen.
Two pools one very busy noisy with games.pirate pool very quite with pirate boat bar,perfect for relaxing with a book.
Evening entertainment could have been better got to say that was my only dissapointment with this holiday.
We have been to egypt many times and never gone back to same hotel,but we have booked again next year for two weeks.So that says it all you wont be dissappionted."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of June 2009

Interesting Place but very deceiving

Reviewed Mon 23rd of March 2009

"We arrived in Egypt around 7pm and was told that we have to get a VISA at the airport this IS NOT the case it is only if you are leaving Sharm to do excursions if not you DO NOT need this another rip off!!!!They are out to RIP YOU OFF not matter what!

HOTEL! first impressions lovely and quite smart but as this was an all inclusive experiencing for my first time however! told it was 5 star!! mmmmmm! hotel staff could not fault them and they love WOMEN blonde hair especially and over friendly!BE CAREFUL! We were shown to our room very spacious but certainly not a 5 star perhaps 3-4 star at a push! it was clean and tidy so main things that you want BUT the restaurant was OK great choice of fish, meats, salads and must admit great choice of desserts seemed more like a cafe really very standard nothing fancy about it accept one night they had candles and a musician in there playing a guitar which made it feel a little more like a restaurant with an atmosphere! The grounds are kept lovely and clean and pool is great too the choice of spirits is very limited and they do no taste like vodka or gin more like cream soda and you have to pay for MARTINI I mean MARTINI surely is the cheapest drink EVER and not included in the all inclusive (MADNESS) drink is expensive too and in Naama Bay we paid about £20 for 2 drinks in the Hardrock Cafe apparently they charge whatever they want depends the mood there in and there is a Shuttle Bus that takes you into Naama Bay so DO NOT PAY for a Taxi from the Coral Sea Resort as it cost us 120 Egyptian Pounds and the Suttle Bus cost as 40 RETURN! Finleys is the Animacion Teams Bar its like the worst Irish Bar takeoff ive ever been in and if you don't smoke don't bother going in you will hardly see with the bellows of smoke from smokers. The animacion Team will hound and harrass you all day to play darts/pool and any other sport well kind of sport i did try the water areobics but it ended up as a splashing/mess around and then they get you out of the pool to dance to La Bumba!!!! truly awful and if your there to relax at the pool expect Ground Hog Day with the music every day! I dont want to seem a moaner or ungrateful it was a true experience for me and was nice to get off the resort but Naama Bay is not for the faint hearted be on guard and haggle as much as you can or you will be done over. There is a fantastic seafood restaurant in Naama Bay called Daneemba and it really is lovely food is excellent if you fancied a change for a night and very reasonable and also the The Buddha Bar. Would go back to Red Sea Holiday Village apparently fantastic for kids but Coral Sea not catered for children! DO NOT eat from the MERMAID on the beach on Coral Sea Resort a few people were ill and not surprised the amount flies hanging around for a free all inclusive put me right off! would try other hotels 5 star and above just want to be honest about the place and hope whoever stays there enjoys it
Not a place for CHILDREN but couples and and older generation who want to chillout and go bed early be aware AQUARIUS TOURS are cheaper than First Choice trips so be prepared to ripped of with First Choice try Aquarius in the hotels or on the beach much better value "

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of March 2009

Beautiful...Would live there if I could!

Reviewed Wed 18th of March 2009

"My Fiancee and I stayed at the hotel Conrad in Sharm in June/july 2008 and it was the best holiday I have ever had! The Hotel is beautiful, very clean and unbelievably spacious. The grounds of the hotel are gorgeous and well kept and the staff are the nicest most helpful staff I have ever encountered!

The Food is lovely with lots to choose from (ranging from oriental dishes to a pasta station where they make pasta to your liking if you are a fussy eater!) The presentation of the food, especially the deserts are amazing!
There was entertainment every night with bingo, kids discos, couples contest, Miss Conrad competitions and also one for the guys (these are hillarious to watch and great fun to take part in, I came second!!) The Egyptian night is spectacular, they have egyption food, lights everywhere, egyptian dancers, snake charmers, a dancing horse, belly dancers and so much more!
It is right on the beach also which is gorgeous, the beach has a kids club, bar and always runs activities such as volleyball and football. Would highly recommend taking part in either a snorkling session or scuba diving it is unbelievable!

The hotel itself has 2 pools, one that is more children and family orientated with the animation team on hand to keep kids amused and the other is the quiet pool which is lovely and peaceful! (both have a bar!) There are also shops and a gym etc within the hotel which is handy. Its not right in the centre of the main town (nama bay) but is only a 5min taxi journey, the hotel reception organise a proffessional taxi for you (many people do not actually have a liscence!) so you are very safe!
Would also highly recomend the day trip to cairo (can be organised through reps) it is an amazing experience.

One thing I would advise is take a small medical kit (imodium and dehydration tablets especially) as the combination of heat, different food and alcohol will make you really need them! Also take insect repellent or even better take odourless garlic tablets before you go cause those wee buggers love british blood!
Highly recommend this to all ages, families, couples etc! Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of March 2009

Quite Good

Reviewed Mon 2nd of March 2009

"I visited the Coral Sea Imperial in February 2009. The hotel was very clean and staff were both friendly and helpful. The food was of good standard but a bit repetitive after a week. Its location was great! A 2 min walk to the beach and a 10 min taxi journey to Namma Bay. I would advise that you haggle with the taxi driver. On my first trip I paid 80 Egyption pounds and by my last trip I travelled for 30.
I dont want to be mis leading, the hotel is good but I would say that by UK standards its only a 3 star rating."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of March 2009

Fantastic

Reviewed Wed 25th of February 2009

"We have just returned from the Coral sea, 3 girls aged 15, 10 and 6 my wife and of course myself. To sum it up 5 star fantastic resort. Clean, spacious, courteous staff, great food and very well run. Kids clubs and entertainment are very good. The rooms are massive and always spotless. The staff will make your holiday, nothing is ever to much. If you want that extra special service give a tip. These guys work long ours for pennies. The whole place is just so clean, gardens are spectacular. Beach is very nice with plenty of beds etc. It was very warm 28-35 so be prepared. Just remember that if you plan to go outside the resort you will need a visa. I would recommend this resort to anyone."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2009

Fantastic two weeks at Coral Sea Imoerial...everything we wanted!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This was our second time at Coral Sea Imperial and will definitely not be our last. It was like going home and the weather and service meant it was even better this time.
The beach was amazing and the weather fantastic. Highlights for us were the trip to Cairo and the VIP snorkelling cruise! They were both fantastic. I would do the VIP cruise every day if I could!!!

We asked to change rooms when we were given our original room in the new part of the hotel purely because we wanted to be in the block we were in last year. This was no problem for the staff who were very obliging. As all the reviews say they aim to please and I am sure this is why we would always return to the CSI.

The animation team were as always friendly. They work so hard and Romeo in particular took a shine to my husband (apparentrly he looks like his Dad!) Kimo is also excellent and so polite and charming. They are what makes this hotel even more special. We must also give a mention to the waiting staff in Tiran...Salah, Mahmoud and Mr Muscles. The Lovely Nas is the only female waitress and is adorable...she also takes part in the egytian night which is lovely.

We adore the CSI and yes it has it faults but all in all you get what you pay for with the best beach in the area.

The only negative is First Choice and their reps who sadly once they have taken your money no longer have an interest in you. They took money to ensure we had seats together on retrun flight aand yet despite this we were givne exactly the same aisle seats we had on the way out!!!! The crew were very understanding and changed the seats for us. I would not go with FC again and will book dorectly with the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of January 2009

Hotels near Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh

Stayed at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh

• AngieD by AngieD

"Gorgeous, Friendly, Wear lots of sunscreen!!! "

• AngieD by AngieD

"Scuba diving, Cairo, beach...everything! "

• stevlind by stevlind

"Lovely hotels, beach and fish all the colours of the rainbow. "

• stevlind by stevlind

"Pyramids a must see the true egypt in ciaro, "

• Cheshire visitor by Cheshire visitor

"Vary your choice of restaurant in the evenings, and use the different pools and beach. Politeness to the staff costs nothing, and they appreciate it. "

• scottyf1 by scottyf1

"dont go ....... check out all the average feedback on trip adviser its all true ! "

• HolidayMag by HolidayMag

"Take your own fold up sunbed "

• JueMc by JueMc

"The snorkelling is fab from the hotel jetty. "

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh is also called