Coral Hills Sharm El-Sheikh

El-Forosia Street, Sharm El Sheikh 46619 Egypt

Loved the Coral Hills Resort!!

"We stayed at the Coral Hills resort for the first 2 weeks in November. We booked on and payed £397 for 2 weeks. I was a little worried after reading all the reviews on here and so I went expecting the worst but the Coral Hills turned out to be one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to.

We had a fantastic holiday. The temperature was perfect, hot in the day and still warm at night, athough people did start to put on cardigans and jumpers at the end of the second week.

The hotel itself is beautiful. Rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff came in everyday to clean the room, change the sheets and put in clean towels and toilet rolls.

Staff are all very friendly and will always go out of your way to help.

There are two pools within close proximity of each other. One has a swim up pool bar, volleyball net and table tennis and the other is much more relaxed.

Hotel gardens are beautiful, staff are always busy maintaining them. There is also a bedouin tent that looks really cosy however we never used it.

Hotel has its own minibus that we found very useful it will take you to its private beach at Sharm-el -Maya, Sharm Reef, Wind Beach(next to Jaz Lido in Naama Bay) and El Fanar beach. It also takes you to Naama Bay and back on a night for free. The hotel also has its own taxi service that will take you wherever you like. We went to Sharks Bay one day which is nice but make sure you barta with the taxi driver to get the best price, never pay more than 2 Eygiption pounds to go anywhere in Sharm el Shiekh.

Hotel also has its own shops that sell suveniours, snacks, perfume and there is also a man who can take professional photographs of you. There is also an asian spa but we never used it so cannot comment.

We stayed at the Coral Hills on and bed and breakfast basis, the breakfast was ok, there was lots of choice but we did notice that the criossiants always had mold on the bottom of them so after seeing that stuck to chocolate cereal with milk, tea and orange juice. We are not the type of people who go all inclusive as we like to eat at a different restaurant every night and I would recommend that u do the same as there are so many places to eat and so many different types of food to try including Eygption, Lebannese, Chinease, Thai, Indian and Mexican. There is a loverly lebannese restaurant just round the corner from the hotel and a huge shopping centre next door so you will never run out of places to eat. Also try the restaurants in Old Sharm Market they offer some great local mezzes for a good price.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday and will be going back soon!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of November 2008

Lovely Friendly Hotel

"My daughter and I have just spent 10 nights at the Coral Hills Resort and can honestly say we had a great time.

Having read some of the reviews before we went we were a bit worried and unsure what to expect.

Our flight was delayed by 5.5 hours and we finally arrived at the hotel at 3am. We were greeted warmly, checked in promptly with no fuss, escorted to our rooms (infact the guy escorting us was takenaback when we tried to assist with our luggage!) and on arrival in our room there was a plate of food for each of us - appreciated thank you!

The staff in general at Coral Hills were helpful, friendly (not overly as you get shopping in Egypt, which was great) and so hard working it's untrue and always with a smile.

The food we had read was 'samey', yes I would say it was but frankly there was so much choice that you didn't need to eat the same every day?! It always looked fresh and was always plentyful and replenished regularly. I cannot comment on snacks as my daughter and I believe eating three meals a day is more than sufficient.

This is not a burger, fish finger and chips hotel so if you have fussy eaters......................... However if you have children who eat healthy you will have no problems!

Check out is at noon however if you have a late flight they do allow you to each lunch which is between 1-3pm, much appreicated given most people are skint towards the end of their holiday! Drinks are not however included after noon.

Our cleaner regularly left us little 'gifts' of beautiful towel sculputures or simply fresh flowers in a bottle or on our pillows.

The bathroom was a little tired and yes would benefit from a refurb but frankly it was clean and I hadn't gone to spend time in either my room or the bathroom...........................

If I had any complaint at all it was that bottled water was not considered as part of the 'all inclusive' and as lite drinkers of alchohol/fizzy drinks water was a staple for us. Notwithstanding I had a hydration problem (not from a bad belly but from not drinking sufficient water) and it was therefore essential that I drank lots of water! Yes you could have water from the cooler but if you are trying to ensure you are drinking sufficient water each day in such a very hot climate it is much easier to monitor if done from a bottle, although to be fair the bar staff did fill our bottles but we were concerned they might be getting into trouble by doing so!

The two pools and grounds were kept extremely clean and well maintained, again by friendly helpful staff.

If you are looking for a peacful relaxing weeks holiday to get away from the hussle and bussle I would personal have NO hesitation in RECOMMENDING this hotel!

I would more than second previous reviews regarding the Russians though, they are withoutdoubt rude, unfriendly and so inconsiderate it is untrue!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE HOTEL!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of November 2008

not a good holiday

"Choose this hotel because it looked nice and was a 4 star I would only rate this as a 21/2 star. I have been on all inclusive holidays for the last 7 years and this was the worst. We had 2 bars one in reception and one 1 pool bar. Couldn't use the pool one only if you wanted to pay. Never heard of anything so ridiculous. The room was ok although the curtains in parts were hanging down. The shower connection leaked. We had a bug in the room later on. The staff were very helpful and cooperative.

The swimming pool was good like a warm bath but very clean."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of September 2008

Nice and friendly hotel

"Just came back from Egypt. Superb holidays with nice weather and interesting excursions. Hotel Coral Hills was a good choice although you have to be open minded with some things. Food is not bad, but almoust the same every day so guests who are keen on some specialties want be happy. All peple working in a hotel are really friendly and we did not have any problems with them. On our arrival they gave as wrong room (2 beds instead of 3) but that was sorted next day as we arrived in the middle of the night. We got nice room with a view to the pool and air condition was working nicely and this was important as the temperature of the air hits some days over 40 degrees Celzius. As this was our second trip to Egypt we already knew that you have to count on not so clean floors, tables... as in European hotels. That is the way they do it. Hopefully they will change their habbits soon. Just near the hotel (after you step out go right, and imidiatly right) you can find Mercato-new shopping area build in Italian style, and if you want more traditional shops go a little bit further and you will find them with no problem.
I would recomend this hotel to the families with children as the hotel does not have any special entretaiment and it is a perfect place for relaxing. If you want parties and night life then you have to go to Nama Bay (new Sharm) which is 10 minutes drive from the hotel and you can find there what ever you want.
Hotel shuttle bus to the beach is going according the scedule every hour, and for the private beaches once or twice a day. (we went only to private beaches as they are less crowded and you can find a part of peace for you there). Mostly we went to Coral reef beach and (entry is 20 Eg.pounds if you book it in a hotel and 25 if you are paying on the beach). Once we went to Fanara bach (10 Eg pounds entry) and it was over crowded but it was nice for snoorkling. Shuttle is free of charge. As it goes once or twice a day we sometimes used TAXI and for 10 Eg.pounds you can go on almoust every location you choose (Nama bay is between 15 and 20 Eg. pounds).
Snoorkling is a must so take equpment with you if you have it at home or buy it in Old Sharm for 40-50 Eg.pounds. You can rent the equpiment but they will charge you 25 pounds for a mask. On the beaches all the prices are much higher so be aware of it and take watter or other refreshment with you. (bottle of water in a store is 2-2,5 pounds and on the beach 10-15 pounds). Coca-cola, fanta, sprite and similar baverages are 3-5 in the store and 10-15 pounds on the beach or in the hotel.
If you like swiming pools than you can enjoy two pools in a hotel and they are clean. You can get towels from the pool for free.
egarding excursions and trips we went to boat trip with snoorkling to Ras Mohamed (do not miss it!!!), Saint Catharine monastir and safary (Abu Galum, snorkling in blue hole, camle riding and trip to Dahab). All the excursions where great and it is worth going although they are not cheap. If you want to save some money you can choose the trips from local agency. You can find them an almoust every corner (we choose Susi near Bacus shop about 10 minutes walking from the hotel) and they were great. Everything went by the scedule.
We had camel riding included in our safary trip so we did not have any problems with beduins, but our friends tried it on their own and they had a big argue, almous a fight. They set a price on 15 poundsper persson and they all went at the same time on Camel. After 15 minutes of riding guide took a camera from our friend to take a picture of them on the Camels (they thought that was a nice gesture) but when they wanted to go down from the camel guide said 35 pounds for the riding and he did not want to turn back the camera until they pay higher price. So if you are a couple or a familly it would be good that somebody always stays on the ground. You can find that cind of peple everywhere, even in Europe so just be aware of this situations.
All the rest was a pure joy and we wolud recomend going to Sharm and to Coral hills hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008

Not as good as you may think.....

"A group of 9 which inculded two children stayed at the Coral Hills in March, lets just say it wasn't the all inculsive hotel we were expecting.

Now don't get me wrong there was some good bits too about this hotel. The staff behind the bar & beside the pool were excellent. Always wanting to help with anything possible whilst making a massive effort with the children. The all inculsive bar was all inclusive. The pool bar wasn't even open & if it was, its not inculded. After 11pm the bar is charagable too. Thats fine as I have expercienced this in other hotels. The other funny thing was as we left, collection was at 6pm, we ordered some drinks & also had lunch, nobody said a thing until they wouldn't let our transfer bus leave because we owed them money... apparently all inculsive ends at noon on the day you leave, even though you pay for 7 days!

The food was a bit boring after 4 days of the same lunch. Breakfast was much of the same & dinner was a little different but still a bit of the same old food. A welcome change was a walk around the corner to the shopping centre where a great resturant was there & for all of us to eat two courses & drinks was £60. Bargian & excellent food."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of March 2008

Well done Coral Hills

"I’m just back from Coral Hills sharm elsheikh it was my best vacation. I have been many times in sharm elsheikh & I can say it is one of the best resorts I ever saw
We reserve one stander room & one family room which is the bigger family room we got in any other hotel which including master bed room , sofa bed , living area & dinning table with kitchenette it was more than wonderful.
Our kids enjoyed their time in the kids club & in the kids garden their pool was very nice as well
Staff are very friendly all what they need is to be treated like human not like slaves as many other people were doing I learn many nice jokes from them
Our rooms had been cleaned every day with a new show from the house keeping they were doing many nice things every day which our kids liked so much
reception staff were very helpful & very nice with us. shuttle bus need to be more than this but I already informed the manager
Restaurant is very clean & food is very good we enjoyed our breakfast lunch was okay & dinner was so good a lot of variety & nice test
I believe those ones whom didn’t like this hotel didn’t go to many other resorts in sharm elsheikh as I’m sure my next vacation in sharm elsheikh will be in Coral Hills resort"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2008

dont believe bad reviews

"we heard really bad reviews before we went, so we went with an open mind.( expecting the worst ). But we had needn't have worried because it was a very good weeks holiday. The hotel was very clean, the staff were very friendly and the food was varied and good, catering for all nationalities. The all inclusive package was excellent you could order as many drinks at one time even water and that wasn't a problem for the staff. We are booking again for xmas this year. and we recommended this to our friends who are also booking with us for xmas.
Mark+clair xmas 2007"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008

Just avoid it

"With one word terrible.Staff are rude,food was all week the same(rice,potato,....),no fruits at all.Rooms are dirty but ok.All hotel had a problem with cleanless.Pools are ok.Hotel beach disaster.Shutlle bus didn't go every 5/10 minutes but it drove on 1 hour."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of November 2007

faulty towers

"we booked and payed for a four star hotel which this is no way near, its impressive to look at but the service is disgusting, staff are rude, and the the only phrase they seem to know is not all inclusive, we booked a family room for three people and were given a room with two single beds in and was offered a broken camp bed, finally at two am we were given the base of a bed which was crammed into the already small room, the dining room had six hot plates which contained one rice, one veg, one potato which im sure was the same one brought out each day, some boiled eggs and one meat, the hotel doesnt cater for english people which should say when advertised and when we complained to the rep that how could this be four star he laughed and said its not!! also he told us he had so many complaints about the hotel he had told the travel company not to use it, we went to the beach that was said to be five mins walk down the cliff but was a 15 min bus ride and then when we went for a paddle in the sea we noticed two sewage pipes, we asked our rep to move us as we were getting taxis each day into naama bay to eat and drink but he said he couldnt do it we would have to contact uk which we did and was given another number to call passing the buck comes to mind!! after two days of calling uk etc and being told they would call us back which they didnt we decided to book another hotel ourselves, we asked our company you travel to help but surprise surprise they didnt call back!! in the mean time two of us suffered with stomache cramps and sickness, we booked ourselves into another hotel which we couldnt fault, we went to egypt for my friends thirtieth birthday and saved and looked forward to it all year and we can honestly say it was awful."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007

Avoid it!

"Recently built, is a small size hotel compared to those in Sharm. It is not on the beach (unlike most of Sharm's hotels), which was reachable with the hotel shuttle in 5/10 minutes.

The overall look isn't so bad: there are two swimming pools in the center and all the rooms around it. Rooms are modest and averagely clean.

What's really bad and devastates the hotel reputation is the kitchen: I was a boyscout and I never eat so bad: from bread to meat, fish (few and always fried) had an horrible taste. Even deserts ware horrible. I found myself eating twice in a week in a McDonald's close to the hotel.

Secondly the staff: never even tried to smile. They had a frozen internet connection and as I tried to argue that I spent money to buy their connection that didn't work, they didn't gave me my money back.

Animation was all about putting for a whole week the same Eros Ramazzotti CD the whole morning.

So I suggest to go elsewhere as sharm is famous for having very nice hotels (Rotana,Hilton ecc.)."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of October 2007

Coral hills

"My friend and I were booked to go to the dive inn, on arrival we were told they had overbooked and were taken to coral hills with no real explanation. The food was diabolical and hot food was Luke warm. The staff were great and couldn't do enough to help. We arrived early Friday morning by Sunday we were both in bed with food poisoning we spent two days in bed almost everyone in the hotel had the same. We were due to fly home on the Thursday on the Tuesday a rep came and spoke to us and told us we should have been told we could go back to the dive in the day after we arrived. We ended up booking another week and staying at the dive inn.
The restaurant in coral hills was filthy there was rotten food under the servery, at the bar the glasses were filthy we bought our own cups from a shop and took them to the bar with us each time we had a drink
Someone was sick in the pool and there were still bits floating round the next day"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of November 2015

"We have just returned from this hotel on 05/05/2014 and I should warn all not to go to this hotel or the sister hotel next door ( the Badawin Hotel ) which was worse than the Coral Hills Resort.
The staff in the main were quite friendly and the food was not as bad as some would say however as we have been to Egypt for 10/11 times I must suggest that anybody looking to travel to this area should Not go to either of these Hotels.
1 The property is badly in need of repair and some areas are unsafe and mesh over grids,parts of pool area dangerous for young children.
Numerous days we were without water in the rooms and in the toilets in the lobby hence there was a stench of waste products and this went worse after they put up notices in the toilets informing people not to put paper in the toilets.
The rooms were never cleaned properly the towels were either just re rolled to look like they had been changed or you were given towels from another room that looked better than those you had asked to be changed.
If the Management ever want to have these Hotels used by people then they need to wake up and get their act together.The properties need to be reassessed as they are not worth more than ONE star if that."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of May 2014

Hotels near Coral Hills Sharm El-Sheikh

Stayed at Coral Hills Sharm El-Sheikh? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Coral Hills Sharm El-Sheikh

• miachel by miachel

"Would return to this hotel "

• suemorgan by suemorgan

"Visit the proper Egypt, Cairo and Luxor etc. Sharm has no character or history "

• RJM by RJM

"Built for tourists expect everything that goes with a tourist resort. "

• ally01 by ally01

"picassos restaurant if your missing a taste of home "

• Sammiebrock by Sammiebrock

"Nanna Bay is lovely... "

• king by king

"Book a different hotel "

• stagdad by stagdad

"nice resort ,poor hotel "

• weary by weary

"Just do not go there if you want a good relaxing holiday "

Coral Hills Sharm El-Sheikh is also called