Coral Beach Resort Tiran

Shark's Bay, 165, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good

Very good resort and friendly staff

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Location is very good, two pontoons to use to swim and view the coral and fish. Two other pools one for activities including water polo and aerobics. Built on side of the cliff so may be difficult to manage but hotel and restaurant staff are very accommodating. Massage treatments were of a good standard and so is the gym.

We had an excellent service for our daughter who needs gluten free food, we took gluten free pasta and the catering team cooked it with plain sauces, cheeses etc. Catering for 700 guests in a buffet style environment is challenging also the fact that more than half of the guest are from Russia means that there are combinations of foods that are alien to those from those in the UK. However, there were BBQ's, kebab's, roast beef and chicken plus themed evenings. Management are audited by travel companies and government authorities and are aware of the hygiene procedures required.
Bottled water always provided in the rooms which were comfortable and clean.
Upset stomach is an individual problem but minimising the amount of iced drinks and local alcohol consumed and not having excessive air-conditioning meant that not all the party suffered.
Local Management were very open to feedback and implemented some recommendations and observations in the week.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of October 2012

PERFECT!!

Reviewed Thu 13th of August 2009

"This was our first time to Egypt and we can honestly say it was the best holiday we've ever had. Everything about the hotel was perfect, the staff, food, cleanliness etc was excellent. We felt like royalty because wherever we went, there was always somebody about to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were ok. Yes there are a lot of Russians but we made friends with a lot of people and they were never rude or ignorant to us. There was always more then enough food and we managed to get a sunbed everyday without a problem. We would definately recommend this hotel to everybody and are already planning to go back in May next year for 3 weeks. ITS PERFECT!!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

For 3 days we were the only English coup...

Reviewed Thu 5th of June 2008

"For 3 days we were the only English couple and treated very well by hotel staff - 90% of guests were Russian - plates piled high with food and sunbeds reserved for most of the day even if they did not make an appearance !!

A couple of shops on site selling perfumes and pictures - one visit into Naama Bay reminds you that these shops are 3 times the price.

Naama Bay well worth a visit though my patience run thin with the local shopkeepers using every trick to get you into their shops - in the end you simply have to be short or simply ignore them - not something I enjoy but a necessity!!! They forever tell you how much they love the English - they love the English £ more than anything else.

On the penultimate day I left my ipod under a sunbed - when I enquired the next morning it had not been handed in - as we had left the pool area the previous evening only shortly before the pool attendants relocated the sunbeds I was convinced a young attendant had found and kept my ipod - obviously this was something I could not prove though his inability to look me in the face when I enquired with him only confirmed my suspicions.

Me and my girlfriend wont be rushing back though the hotel offered a relatively good value holiday and some very nice members of staff.

• Travel date: Thu 5th of June 2008

Just returned from an extremely dissappo...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of March 2008

"Just returned from an extremely dissappointing holiday, The accomodation was basic but alway clean and tidy but could be extremely noisy at night due to russian bears not being able to find their own rooms, You will be a lot fitter after an holiday here due to the large amount of steps and ramps you need to negotiate just to reach the restaurant The food was extremely poor with only one choice of meat or fish which was doled out by the staff, however the russians overcame this by taking everything else in sight as soon as it was placed on the servery. Drinks in the bar just had the faintest touch of alcohol in them but I reckon you could drink all day without feeling any effects and most of our northern friends did this. The staff were always friendly and very helpful and extremely quick to assist even without the inevitable back hander. Have stayed in Sharm before but will not be going back to Coral Beach again"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of March 2008

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in t...

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2007

"I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the last two years, and it is absolutely brilliant and I am already planning to go again next year. As the other reviewers have commented, the staff in his hotel are very friendly and attentive. The rooms are spotlessly clean. The restaurant food is great too, always something different to chose from. There is an animation team that organise activities throughout the day and in the evenings.

The hotel is out of reach from anything or any place, so the nearest town, Naama bay is about 15 minutes away by taxi, or you can book a seat on the hotel bus in advance. Naama bay is very commercial, and if you are not careful you will be hounded to enter their shop, offered tea and then suddenly find yourself buying something that you had no intention of buying, they are very clever sales men. I say men, as it is rare to see an Egyptian woman.

There is a diving school on site, and they use the Splash pool for initial training. The sea is close by, reached by a jetty, where you can snorkel and see the fantastic colours of the fish. I love this place, Egypt is so beautiful, and the people charming. "

• Travel date: Tue 4th of December 2007

Fabulous - all the staff was friendly an...

Reviewed Tue 4th of September 2007

"Fabulous - all the staff was friendly and the rooms was good value. The maids always make pretty things out of towel. Only the food was poor but in Naama Bay you have a large quantity of restaurants including McDonalds."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

Absolutely brilliant hotel, helpful staf...

Reviewed Tue 17th of July 2007

"Absolutely brilliant hotel, helpful staff and spotlessly clean - Would recommend to other couples and grown up families! Beware Cosmos themselves though as their trips were a bit shonky and they left us at the airport because they knew we were going to be told we were delayed for 4 hours. Grr.

Go to this hotel though! The house reef is kept immaculately as opposed to other hotels in Sharks Bay who allow guest to walk on the coral. The pools are cleaned daily, the weather is of course fabulous, and the food was great.

I got sick the third day with acute stomach cramps, called the doc out at 3am. The hotel staff sent down some mint tea to ease the pain and send for a taxi to pick up prescription from town and bring it back-AMAZING service!

Beware though that this hotel isn't suitable to the disabled or elderly as lots of steps all around the complex. There are ramps but it's not ideal."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

This was our second visit to the Coral B...

Reviewed Sun 8th of July 2007

"This was our second visit to the Coral Beach Tiran. The service within this hotel is excellent and staff within the complex cannot do enough for you. They are always at hand to cater for all needs.

The food during our stay was again excellent and due to the hotels flexible outlook, we were able to change our tea for lunch on many occasions during our two week stay, so that we could spend our nights in Naama Bay.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to couples as we had an excellent time and would definitely go back. We will be booking to go back at Christmas if the hotel is open."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of July 2007

Just got back from a week at the Coral B...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of January 2007

"Just got back from a week at the Coral Beach Tiran and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Went with my best mate on the 14/01/07 and have no regrets, everyone at the hotel is lovely and are very friendly.

Food choice is great and weather was fantastic. The pools were chilly but still good for the occasional dip.

Must recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good chilled out holiday. Scuba dive with mr diver is fantastic and he is based on the site itself the sea is about a 30 second walk from the pool which is perfect and always a good temperature.

Hire a snorkel etc from mr diver and see the fantastic underwater life from fish to turtles!

Night time has fantastic entertainment and the reps onsite are very friendly and take you into the centre for the night (if you want to).

Rating 10/10 cannot fault this place....going back in may cant wait!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of January 2007

This hotels greatest asset is their staf...

Reviewed Thu 4th of January 2007

"This hotels greatest asset is their staff, genuinely helpful and friendly.

The food choice is very limited and overall, I would rate it as poor.

If you are there in the winter months, December or January the pools are unheated and therefore basically unusable.

In the two weeks we were there, nobody ventured into any of the pools as they were freezing!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

Just returned from our first holiday In...

Reviewed Wed 26th of July 2006

"Just returned from our first holiday In Sharm El Sheikh at Coral Beach Tiran where we had a great time. The location of the hotel couldn't be better for snorkeling enthusiasts with a huge variety of fish swimming around in these warm waters.

We found the staff exceptionally helpful and friendly, Aseem whose job it was too keep our apartment clean and tidy was particularly kind and diligent, so much so that I was prompted to post this review, as for the food we were half board for two weeks and enjoyed every meal we ate.

Try quad biking in the desert to catch the sunrise and finish this off with an early morning cup of tea with the Bedouins. Too end our evenings we enjoyed sitting outdoors in the hotel's Sheisha bar where you can choose to relax as the locals do with a water pipe and/or a little nightcap."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of July 2006

Just back from the coral beach and on th...

Reviewed Wed 26th of July 2006

"Just back from the coral beach and on the 20/07/06 and have just booked to go back
The waiters and pool attendant especially Ahmed Dweik were brilliant.

The food was delightful and anyone who says they didn’t like it must been eating the same food as I was and for the steps they keep us all fit as we were walking up them 3 or 4 times a day.

I would advise everyone to go to this hotel as it is a very clean hotel and for the animation team they were brilliant and night their entertainment was very fun and for the dances they were even better.

So if you’re ever going to Sharm el Sheikh go to the coral beach Tiran. "

• Travel date: Wed 26th of July 2006

Hotels near Coral Beach Resort Tiran

Stayed at Coral Beach Resort Tiran? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Coral Beach Resort Tiran

• Ben and Sasha Gowdy by Ben and Sasha Gowdy

"Nama Bay and Scuba diving trips "

• SandersSW by SandersSW

"Go with a smile and be respectful of the staff. "

Coral Beach Resort Tiran is also called