Coral Beach Resort Montazah

Ras Nasrani Sharm El Sheikh - South Sinai - Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh 159 Egypt

A hidden gem of a hotel.

"We have had a wonderful holiday. The courtesy of the staff and their efficiency was better than we have had staying at Hilton and other chains. The food is superb and their patisserie is phenomenal. We were the only British guests and were grateful to stay at this hidden gem."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

Nice Hotel, Food a little repetetive

"Returned from this hotel today. Was a little worried after reading previous reviews. But there was no need. I went with my partner and two children. We were allocated a huge room with two kingsize beds. It was very clean and spacious with a good sized bathroom with huge walk in shower. Could not fault the room (except having to share bed with 9 year old boy lol).

We went on an all inclusive basis which was quite good plenty of food on offer, the only problem was it got a little repetetive after a couple of days as at lunch and dinner only one item from the buffet seemed to change, everything else was the same. All the food was cooked well and edible so nothing really to complain about just limited choice.

The drinks included were fine also the only odd thing was the bar didn't stock wine this was only available in the restaurant. But fine if you like beer, vodka etc.

The pool area was very nice, quiet all day which made a nice change from getting up at 6am to find a sunbed. But the water was freezing!!!

The beach was great, fantastic jetty from which you can snorkel and see a huge selection of fish. Not great for small children you couldn't paddle as the water was covering coral.

The staff at this hotel were fantastic and could not be more friendly and professional. The waiters made sure we got a table for every meal (and not for tips we only left one on our final evening and this went in a box).

All in all thought the hotel was very good, just the lack of choice in food let it down."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

nothing special

"Stayed there for 2 weeks.
First room given was awfull, on the 1st floor, dirty bathroom etc.
After complains to reception, we got very nice room near the main pool. Room is very basic, but comfortable.
Bathroom was poorly equiped, time by time water was dirty.
Air conditioning worked perfectly, nice balcony, also a lot of places around hotel where to just lounge with your drink.
Hotel was nicely green, staff friendly and helpfull.
Most of the time we spent outside hotel, Naama Bay a lot to do in evenings, during the day time take tours to explore Egypt.
Be aware of taxi drivers, always ask for price and negotiate at least 3 times lower as they want to cheet you all the time. Once also taxi driver brought to other Rotana hotel and did not wanted to bring to right hotel.
Otherwise, Sharm is perfect place where to relax and to spend vacation!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of March 2008

Total relaxation and regeneration

"I was a bit uncertain when we booked this holiday as this is the first time I went for an All inclusive package. Both my husband and myself get bored pretty quickly and a week only sun and sea would have been too much. I must say I was pleasantly surprise. Coral Beach Montazah not only had a beautiful beach- for those that like just relaxing and doing nothing but also during the full day there are enough activities to keep you occupied without talking about the excursions , trips to Namma Bay , etc….

It has been a fanatastic experience …The hotel was clean, the service good, staff extremely friendly and there was a huge choice in the food buffet. One comment I guess would have been nice to have a larger choice of local dishes …seeing one’s in Egypt.

We only went on one excursion Ras Mohamed which for someone like me that has never snorkled / and a bit worried about what I can find in the sea , it was an eye opener….it was absolutely amasing . Words cannot describe the vision.

During this week I was able to totally cut off from my hectic work life, relax , enjoy stretching in the morning, belly dancing ( if I can call it that , not sure what I am doing half the time) . Did not use a single brain cell , only maybe to work out some Egyptian riddles like “Why did the mirroir not break when it fell from the second floor” ( you will need to go there to get the answer J ) . There was also aqua gym, Latin American lessons ( which I choose not to indulge for the sake of other guests) ….the evenings were intriguing …every night there is a different event ( Fakir show –my favorite, comedy night, the Egyptian night,….. one better than the other …the nice thing was they got the guests to participate and you never know when you get dragged up there or what you have to do ( adrenaline rush but also a bit nerve wrecking) but it was fun once you’re up there…. After that a few nights we hit the town with the animators – whether it’s to have a boogey or just a walk around Naama Bay. Sharm was very safe. I was with my husband but I wouldn’t have felt uncomfortable even if I had to walk around on my own. I guess some of the shop/restaurant owners can be a bit tedious in trying to reel you in their shop but if you are firm that you are not interested , they leave you alone.

And last but definitely not least : The whole holiday was made even more intense and enjoyable due to the staff behind it . The Chief animator (a star) the week we were there and Freak animation team made the holiday more special than it already was. A team of great people, fun to be with, nice to talk too …from the first to the last . They were always available and it seems they don’t only do it because it’s part of their job but because they like the company of their guests and try their best to make sure the stay is as memorable as possible. For me it definitely was. Sherrie & Matteo

It was sad to leave but I have taken a lot from this holiday, it will always be part of me……thanks again to everyone we meet on this trip to Sharm."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2007

Fantastic, highly recommended

"We booked to go to Egypt two weeks before the bombings. We were a little worried but didn't let it stop us. The hotel was not even half full but we prefer it like that. It was nice and quiet; we practically had the pool to ourselves. We travelled into Naama Bay most nights which was busy.

The room was very clean and of a good standard. It had a large balcony which attracted the sun all day. The bedding and towels were changed each day.

The hotel itself has a 24 hour shop; it didn't have the greatest selection but was good when you needed water/coca cola etc. There is an English pub which mainly serves Egyptian spirits and plays Egyptian TV. There are pool & fuse ball tables.

The pool is large and clean and there are several sun loungers to choose from. You are provided with a pool towel voucher on arrival which is useful. There is a pool bar.

The restaurant is buffet style. We are very fussy but found the selection to be good. We ate out in Naama Bay once and regretted it for a few days so found it safer to eat in the hotel resort. We tried the Taj Mahal which is an Indian restaurant on the beach, the food there was excellent. They also have a Bella Pasta by the beach on the resort.

There was some cabaret style entertainment in the evenings; we didn't watch any of it. It sounded awful from what we heard, but I shouldn't really comment. There is lots to do in Naama Bay of an evening, the hotel run a shuttle bus but it goes at 5.00pm, we got a taxi which costs about 80LE which is about £8. We ended up in the Hard Rock Cafe a few nights, there are several bars where you can chill out and smoke some hubbly bubbly. There are lots of shops that sell fake bags etc.

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful as are the taxi drivers. There are touts in Naama Bay trying to get you into their shops. You have to be very stern with them or they won't leave you alone. The locals were mainly friendly but after Barca beat Arsenal they were a little hostile towards English people.

The hotel had mainly Italian people there, some Russians and a few English. Most other guests were friendly but some do try and push their way in at the restaurant which was rude.

On the whole I highly recommend Sharm El Sheikh and the Coral Beach Rotana. The weather was beautiful and I would definitely go back."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Most Enjoyable!

"We always go away at May Day Holiday and found a 5 day late booking deal. £260 B&B from Gatwick! The bombs last year did not deter me from Sharm El Sheikh but the bombs just last week in Egypt did but the holiday was booked, nothing I could do!

The hotel or resort complex is split into 2 areas. You have the reception/main hotel area which looks like any other hotel. The the remaining Resort part is like a village with apartment style lay out, although the inside is just like a normal hotel room.

The main hotel area has a huge pool with sun loungers for over 100 and the restaurant next door. In the resort area, there is a smaller pool with sun loungers for about 20/30 people.

But you don't come to the Coral Beach for the pool, you come for the Red Sea! WOW!!! What can I say, the Sea Life and coral at the end of the beach is just amazing! There is so much sea life so close to your hotel it is un-believable! There was a lion fish just hanging around the jetty into the sea!!! If you just want to tan, there then are plenty of sun loungers on the beach.

From my apartment door (I stayed in resort side) to jumping in the sea is 2 mins!

If you book all inclusive then you will be fed up (literally) with the food on the buffet very quickly. You can get a good variety in Naama Bay for £5-£15 per person. So don't worry if you don't want to go all inclusive. If you like seafood, it is much cheaper than the UK but still expensive.

The reason for this is that there is a 100km exclusion zone around Sharm that stops any fishing. Therefore all fish although very fresh, has to be brought it from other areas. My Cairo guide said that in Sharm Old Town you pay about 150LE for a kilo of prawns, in Suez, it's only 20LE for a kg!

Took excursion by Air to Cairo costing £140. Flight is 1hr v 6 hours each way by Coach. If you have time and want to save money then take the coach, it's only £25 return! If you have time, then go to Cairo and see and learn some history. Don't pay to go inside the pyramid to see the tomb room as there is noting to see!!! Just a crawl inside and an empty room.

Also took the Ras Mohamed national park excursion which was a whole day on the boat and 3 stops for snorkling, lunch included for £23. Nice day out and saw fish not resident at the hotel coral (such as Clown/NEMO fish) and big Hump Head Wrasse. But if you are short on time, then what you get to see at the hotel is not much different from the boat trip.

I am not going to post anymore pics as all previous reports contain very accurate images of the resort.

Clean Big A/C Rooms with Patio/Balcony
Excellent Diving/Snorkling on your doorstep
So many fish so close
Very Freindly Staff

Restaurant buffet is nothing special
Lots of Rude Russians/Eastern Europeans (60% Italian, 35% Eastern Europe/Russian)
Nothing to do at night

It was a great holiday and nothing to complain about Coral Beach Montazah itself. Only distraction from the holiday was the Russian Guests who are very rude and just, well, RUDE! Queue jumping, barging in, it's all normal from the Russian tourists..... And they feed the fish and touch the coral..... which is not allowed. To be honest, go soon, or all the coral and fish will have been killed off by the Russians....."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of May 2006

Fantastic for Couples and Families - A Nightmare for Single Women!

"I stayed at this hotel for seven nights in April, 2006, as part of a package organized by a local tour operator. I am twenty-two years old, female, and traveled alone.

The hotel premises and facilities are excellent: three spotless swimming pools with ample sunchairs and umbrellas, new rooms spread over a village-style property, immaculate and expansive bathrooms in the rooms, a restaurant serving a huge buffet for three meals per day, a white sandy beach, etc. The hotel rises up from the beach on several levels connected by both stairways and ramps, meaning that the rooms fall somewhere between reception and the beach. Swimmers must cross a floating bridge (protecting the coral reef) to reach the ocean, where they will find a large coral reef and all sorts of fish, from parrotfish to angelfish to rays to (deadly!) lionfish. There is a diving center on site that can organize snorkelling and scuba-diving excursions, and the hotel can organize a variety of day trips (Cairo and the pyramids, Ras Mohammed National Park, camel rides, etc) as well as taxis into Naama Bay. Nightly, entertainment was organized by a group of international young-adults who put on cabaret shows, led karaoke, and generally did their best to embarass the guests (who are mainly Italian but also Russian, Polish and English). I could not have stayed at a hotel that was better designed, equipped or maintained...

... however as a single female traveller I faced a barrage of sexual harassment from the male employees on an almost hourly basis. From the first night when one of the employees called my room at 1.00 am to ask "if I remembered him" to the men in the cafeteria comparing the breadsticks to their penises, I was made to feel uncomfortable and embarassed at every opportunity. Other travellers who were either male or with companions were not subjected to anything similar. I felt so uncomfortable that I slept with the lights on in my room!

I would highly recommend this hotel to couples, families and groups of friends. I would also recommend that single women avoid this hotel like the plague."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of April 2006

Coral Beach Montazah

"Me, my brother and sister-in-law stayed at the resort in Jan 06.

The check-in was very quick and easy and our baggage was taken straight to our apartment. As we arrived around 10pm, we missed dinner, but reception sent plates of fruit, meat, cheese and bread up to the apartment just after we arrived.

We had a two bedroom 1st floor apartment, which was large and comfortable. There were two bedrooms, one with 2 single beds and the other had a double.

The double had an en-suite bathroom, both had TV's and a small fridge in each.

The apartment had a kitchen area with a sink, lots of cupboards, and a large fridge, no cooking facilities though.

It had a large living/dining room with a table and chairs, 2 small sofas and a chair. This opened on to a small balcony with chairs.

Each room was air conditioned, or heated, adjusted via thermostat.

We stayed half-board, and had breakfast and dinner in the Miramar restaraunt. All of the meals were based on a buffet arrangement.

At breakfast they had cereals, fruit, cooked breakfasts, and a large selection of danish pastries.

The dinner each evening was supposed to be themed, but it hardly ever changed.

The starter was soup and bread rolls.

For the main course you had a choice of meats, vegetables, salad, rices etc.

For desert they had more danishes and cake.

The restaraunt also serves lunch for around £5, but the pool side bar also serves food.

Coke & Sprite are about 80p and beer is £2 - 2.20.

The beach is 4 levels below the main complex, and there are only stairs, no lift.

The pool area is very clean and you receive a towel card for towels.

The on-site mini market only sells things like crisps, drinks and toiletries, don't expect to buy food there.

The resort is about 20 mins from the city centre and the resorts runs a courtesy coach at 5pm and 7pm every evening, but you must book your seat at least 1 day before.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, especially in the restaraunt.

I would reccomend this resort and we really enjoyed our holiday there."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of January 2006

Great but not ...

"My fiancee and I stayed at this hotel in September 2004 and the hotel is absolutely FANTASTIC !! Probably one of the nicest Ive ever stayed at. It was clean and the rooms were large with balcony over the pool, the pool area being the best part of the hotel - its a massive pool, continually cleaned, enough loungers and shades for all and the beach is only a few mins away if you get fed up of the pool bar tape/CD being played on repeat
'c-o-n-t-i-n-u-a-l-l-y' ! The beach leads to a long jetty for the snorkelling out past the coral so be wary for those that imagine you can just walk into the cant - this is a snorkelling extravaganza area and not to be missed! Staff were OK, a few round the pool were fantastic though...a certain little local called 'Meemo' who was hilarious and sooooo friendly ! We did a trip to Cairo & the pyramids which was absolutely fantastic and then came back to a nice and relaxed Coral Beach Montazah and collapsed on the ever so comfy bed and enjoyed the fantastic air conditioning and the satellite TV, oh and the fridge in the room to store ourdrinks & chocolate from the onsite shop ! : ) So, plus points were fantastic hotel & pool, obviuosly great weather (if not too hot as it got to 44 degrees !?? )Minus points were awful food hall - staff trying to make us sit on tables with strangers and after 8pm dinner there was NOTHING to do ! The hotel entertainment was geared SOLELY towards the Italians which we thought was really, really rude ! For this reason, my fiancee and I ended up sticking together with the 3 other English couples there for a beer at the pool bar and then later on in the 2 week holiday we started going down to Naama Bay - where I wholheartedly recommend the 'Hard Rock' as you get a full 3 course MASSIVE dinner for about 10 english pounds ? CRAZY !! Not very Egyptian I know but it made a nice change to see some 'life' down there as around the hotel, it IS boring! Enjoy Sharm if you are going but keep in mind there are the locals that grab the cases from your hands at the airports for your change and dont realy take no for an answer and you WILL get an upset tummy !! So as you see, it was great ...but not ?!? : )"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2005

Snorkelling is great!

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July 2005. It's a very nice hotel, not too big. The snorkelling outside the hotel was really good, saw lots of fish including a lion fish. Also got speaking to a guy who went diving outside this hotel and saw a shark in about 40ft water. The food in the restaurant was ok, although suffered from a bad stomach for a few days although this is probably the norm anywhere. The food at the snack bar is pretty cheap but sometimes was cold. But if you tell them about it they try not to make the same mistake twice. Rooms are very nice and kept clean. Most rooms seem to have nice views of the sea and pool.

The location is nice and quiet. The evenings were very low key unless you went into Naama Bay. The entertainment was very poor, it was all in Itallion which didn't help. Staff are friendly and helpful. Although we found them quite annoying in the main restaurant as they would come up to you in the middle of your meal asking you to sign for drinks which we found abit rude. Also if your a couple they will try and sit you on anyones table, e.g. on a table for six inbetween two others couples. We told them we wanted a table on our own and they eventually got the message.

Drinks and food are similar to UK prices in the hotel & at Naama Bay. The trips are good. We went to Tiran Islands, Ras Monhamed, Diving and Camel Trek with a Bedouin dinner. The camel trek is a laugh. Snorkelling is great on all the trips, but I'd advise wearing flippers. We did our boat trips with The Wave. They were good in terms of their knowledge was good about the fish and explained how to dive safely etc. But we thought they should improve safety at the port, a guide on our boat fell in & was nearly chopped up by the propella. Also a guide was showing off when we were snorkelling and did a skin dive after he'd just had lunch. So he was sick and swallowed lots of water and drowned. They brought him back to life on our boat but he did not look like he'd make it. These experiences were not pleasent but hopefully they were a one off? We would of liked to go back to Sharm in the future but after the events on our last day the 23rd July not sure if we will. I hope tourism picks up again there as it is overall a great place."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2005

Never Again

"Rubbish Hotel food bland ,no entertainment boring no pools heated.

Internal taxi a complete rip off. the room smelt of sewage and was very cold.
Christmas dinner was asked to pay extra if we wanted the meal and gala even though we were all inclusive.

Never book with Tulip Travel again!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of January 2014

The best holidays of my life :)

"Me and my wife spend 2 weeks at this fantastic hotel very friendly staff and help full .The room get clean everyday they change the towel of your bathroom every day .we stay on the room n 2119 with pool view and garden sea view also .the restaurant is massive lots of vegetable salad pasta chicken beef and large selection of dessert .the breakfast absolutely fantastic lots of choice . When you go on the pool or beach you get the towel from the staff on the beach the guy name is Mohamed very nice guy friendly and help full .The animation staff is brilliant and very funny every day i play beach volley with them and order turist they keep you busy dancing on the beach and lots of order things definily we will back as soon is possible sunshine everyday and very good price all inclusive and also only 10 minute from the airport we realy high raccomend this hotel .Big massive cuddle to all staff of CORAL BEACH ROTANA MONTAZAH thank you for all your help full and see you soon :)"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of March 2013

Hotels near Coral Beach Resort Montazah

Stayed at Coral Beach Resort Montazah? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Coral Beach Resort Montazah

• Pippo B by Pippo B

"relaxing friendly staff good food and big and comfortable rooms "

• Pippo B by Pippo B

"relaxing friendly staff good food and big and comfortable rooms "

• celina by celina

"Do not go there waste of time "

Coral Beach Resort Montazah is also called