Never Again

Reviewed Thu 9th of January 2014

"Rubbish Hotel food bland ,no entertainment boring no pools heated.

Internal taxi a complete rip off. the room smelt of sewage and was very cold.
Christmas dinner was asked to pay extra if we wanted the meal and gala even though we were all inclusive.

Never book with Tulip Travel again!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of January 2014

The best holidays of my life :)

Reviewed Tue 2nd of April 2013

"Me and my wife spend 2 weeks at this fantastic hotel very friendly staff and help full .The room get clean everyday they change the towel of your bathroom every day .we stay on the room n 2119 with pool view and garden sea view also .the restaurant is massive lots of vegetable salad pasta chicken beef and large selection of dessert .the breakfast absolutely fantastic lots of choice . When you go on the pool or beach you get the towel from the staff on the beach the guy name is Mohamed very nice guy friendly and help full .The animation staff is brilliant and very funny every day i play beach volley with them and order turist they keep you busy dancing on the beach and lots of order things definily we will back as soon is possible sunshine everyday and very good price all inclusive and also only 10 minute from the airport we realy high raccomend this hotel .Big massive cuddle to all staff of CORAL BEACH ROTANA MONTAZAH thank you for all your help full and see you soon :)"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of March 2013

The best holidays of my life :)

Reviewed Thu 9th of May 2013

• Travel date: Fri 29th of March 2013

What a fantastic holiday !!

Reviewed Thu 17th of March 2011

"If you get the chance to go to this report - then GO !!
It's amazing.
The staff can't do enough for you (and they don't ask for tips).
We were spoilt rotten by everyone.
The Chef tried to cook anything that we asked for.
The Animation team were really good.
We've been to Egypt before and had "Egyptian" tummy - but we didn't get this here as everything is so clean.

We will deginitely be going there again."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of March 2011

A hidden gem of a hotel.

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"We have had a wonderful holiday. The courtesy of the staff and their efficiency was better than we have had staying at Hilton and other chains. The food is superb and their patisserie is phenomenal. We were the only British guests and were grateful to stay at this hidden gem."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

Nice Hotel, Food a little repetetive

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Returned from this hotel today. Was a little worried after reading previous reviews. But there was no need. I went with my partner and two children. We were allocated a huge room with two kingsize beds. It was very clean and spacious with a good sized bathroom with huge walk in shower. Could not fault the room (except having to share bed with 9 year old boy lol).

We went on an all inclusive basis which was quite good plenty of food on offer, the only problem was it got a little repetetive after a couple of days as at lunch and dinner only one item from the buffet seemed to change, everything else was the same. All the food was cooked well and edible so nothing really to complain about just limited choice.

The drinks included were fine also the only odd thing was the bar didn't stock wine this was only available in the restaurant. But fine if you like beer, vodka etc.

The pool area was very nice, quiet all day which made a nice change from getting up at 6am to find a sunbed. But the water was freezing!!!

The beach was great, fantastic jetty from which you can snorkel and see a huge selection of fish. Not great for small children you couldn't paddle as the water was covering coral.

The staff at this hotel were fantastic and could not be more friendly and professional. The waiters made sure we got a table for every meal (and not for tips we only left one on our final evening and this went in a box).

All in all thought the hotel was very good, just the lack of choice in food let it down."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

DO NOT GO TO THIS RESORT!!!!! Me and m...

Reviewed Mon 17th of March 2008

"DO NOT GO TO THIS RESORT!!!!!

Me and my friend have just got back from a week away at this resort. We booked all inclusive but it was far from all inclusive! The all inlcusive drinks range was limited and the beer they served was the local non alcoholic beer. You could only have vodka and orange or vodka and pineapple. If you wanted some kind of cocktail or mixed alcoholic drink you had to pay. On our first night we arrived quite late and headed to the bar only to find after 1 drink it closed at 11pm. We were informed that there was an English bar upstairs that opened til late so we went up there. The bar man was pleasant and served us some lovely drinks and we thought we had found a lovely bar only to find at the end of our drinks (4 vodkas and orange each) we were given a bill of £50! No one had told us you had to pay at this bar and when we tried to argue with the barman he wouldn't listen and said we had to pay so this was put to our room. Later in the week we also found out that nice cold cans of pop were not included in the AI either only the warm bottles they left on the side of the bars. There was never any ice so your drinks were always warm.

The food was limited and disgusting, both myself and my friend were poorly, violently sick amongst other nasty things. In the end we stuck to cold pasta and bread.

The hotel is mainly full of Russians who we found very rude, there were also some Italians and only 5 other English people.

The beach was very nice apart from the building site next door that was loud and dusty all day. Hardly relaxing when you have drills and big machinery working all day next to you. We decided to try the pool area which we found alot quieter for a few days until they decided to do some maintance work to the wooden sun umbrellas. They started varnishing them with motor powered spray cans that emited varnish particles everywhere that made me cough alot and it smelt hideous!

The electrics in the room were not exactly safe and my friend got a small electric shock when removing his plug adaptor. Our bathroom flooded and when we informed reception they said they could not understand us so nothing was done.

The men were very leery and i was harrassed alot, it wasn't very pleasant especially when a man tried to force his way into my cubicle in one of the toilets in the hotel. Again when we informed the reception and they said to go to our room and security would come but we never heard anything and when enquired again they said they knew nothing about it.

I never want to go back to Egypt again which is a shame as i have spoken to some people from other resorts who had an amazing time. This resort should be taken off British tour operator lists!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of March 2008

nothing special

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Stayed there for 2 weeks.
First room given was awfull, on the 1st floor, dirty bathroom etc.
After complains to reception, we got very nice room near the main pool. Room is very basic, but comfortable.
Bathroom was poorly equiped, time by time water was dirty.
Air conditioning worked perfectly, nice balcony, also a lot of places around hotel where to just lounge with your drink.
Hotel was nicely green, staff friendly and helpfull.
Most of the time we spent outside hotel, Naama Bay a lot to do in evenings, during the day time take tours to explore Egypt.
Be aware of taxi drivers, always ask for price and negotiate at least 3 times lower as they want to cheet you all the time. Once also taxi driver brought to other Rotana hotel and did not wanted to bring to right hotel.
Otherwise, Sharm is perfect place where to relax and to spend vacation!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of March 2008

Total relaxation and regeneration

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I was a bit uncertain when we booked this holiday as this is the first time I went for an All inclusive package. Both my husband and myself get bored pretty quickly and a week only sun and sea would have been too much. I must say I was pleasantly surprise. Coral Beach Montazah not only had a beautiful beach- for those that like just relaxing and doing nothing but also during the full day there are enough activities to keep you occupied without talking about the excursions , trips to Namma Bay , etc….

It has been a fanatastic experience …The hotel was clean, the service good, staff extremely friendly and there was a huge choice in the food buffet. One comment I guess would have been nice to have a larger choice of local dishes …seeing one’s in Egypt.

We only went on one excursion Ras Mohamed which for someone like me that has never snorkled / and a bit worried about what I can find in the sea , it was an eye opener….it was absolutely amasing . Words cannot describe the vision.

During this week I was able to totally cut off from my hectic work life, relax , enjoy stretching in the morning, belly dancing ( if I can call it that , not sure what I am doing half the time) . Did not use a single brain cell , only maybe to work out some Egyptian riddles like “Why did the mirroir not break when it fell from the second floor” ( you will need to go there to get the answer J ) . There was also aqua gym, Latin American lessons ( which I choose not to indulge for the sake of other guests) ….the evenings were intriguing …every night there is a different event ( Fakir show –my favorite, comedy night, the Egyptian night,….. one better than the other …the nice thing was they got the guests to participate and you never know when you get dragged up there or what you have to do ( adrenaline rush but also a bit nerve wrecking) but it was fun once you’re up there…. After that a few nights we hit the town with the animators – whether it’s to have a boogey or just a walk around Naama Bay. Sharm was very safe. I was with my husband but I wouldn’t have felt uncomfortable even if I had to walk around on my own. I guess some of the shop/restaurant owners can be a bit tedious in trying to reel you in their shop but if you are firm that you are not interested , they leave you alone.

And last but definitely not least : The whole holiday was made even more intense and enjoyable due to the staff behind it . The Chief animator (a star) the week we were there and Freak animation team made the holiday more special than it already was. A team of great people, fun to be with, nice to talk too …from the first to the last . They were always available and it seems they don’t only do it because it’s part of their job but because they like the company of their guests and try their best to make sure the stay is as memorable as possible. For me it definitely was. Sherrie & Matteo

It was sad to leave but I have taken a lot from this holiday, it will always be part of me……thanks again to everyone we meet on this trip to Sharm."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2007

Fantastic, highly recommended

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"We booked to go to Egypt two weeks before the bombings. We were a little worried but didn't let it stop us. The hotel was not even half full but we prefer it like that. It was nice and quiet; we practically had the pool to ourselves. We travelled into Naama Bay most nights which was busy.

The room was very clean and of a good standard. It had a large balcony which attracted the sun all day. The bedding and towels were changed each day.

The hotel itself has a 24 hour shop; it didn't have the greatest selection but was good when you needed water/coca cola etc. There is an English pub which mainly serves Egyptian spirits and plays Egyptian TV. There are pool & fuse ball tables.

The pool is large and clean and there are several sun loungers to choose from. You are provided with a pool towel voucher on arrival which is useful. There is a pool bar.

The restaurant is buffet style. We are very fussy but found the selection to be good. We ate out in Naama Bay once and regretted it for a few days so found it safer to eat in the hotel resort. We tried the Taj Mahal which is an Indian restaurant on the beach, the food there was excellent. They also have a Bella Pasta by the beach on the resort.

There was some cabaret style entertainment in the evenings; we didn't watch any of it. It sounded awful from what we heard, but I shouldn't really comment. There is lots to do in Naama Bay of an evening, the hotel run a shuttle bus but it goes at 5.00pm, we got a taxi which costs about 80LE which is about £8. We ended up in the Hard Rock Cafe a few nights, there are several bars where you can chill out and smoke some hubbly bubbly. There are lots of shops that sell fake bags etc.

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful as are the taxi drivers. There are touts in Naama Bay trying to get you into their shops. You have to be very stern with them or they won't leave you alone. The locals were mainly friendly but after Barca beat Arsenal they were a little hostile towards English people.

The hotel had mainly Italian people there, some Russians and a few English. Most other guests were friendly but some do try and push their way in at the restaurant which was rude.

On the whole I highly recommend Sharm El Sheikh and the Coral Beach Rotana. The weather was beautiful and I would definitely go back."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Most Enjoyable!

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We always go away at May Day Holiday and found a 5 day late booking deal. £260 B&B from Gatwick! The bombs last year did not deter me from Sharm El Sheikh but the bombs just last week in Egypt did but the holiday was booked, nothing I could do!

The hotel or resort complex is split into 2 areas. You have the reception/main hotel area which looks like any other hotel. The the remaining Resort part is like a village with apartment style lay out, although the inside is just like a normal hotel room.

The main hotel area has a huge pool with sun loungers for over 100 and the restaurant next door. In the resort area, there is a smaller pool with sun loungers for about 20/30 people.

But you don't come to the Coral Beach for the pool, you come for the Red Sea! WOW!!! What can I say, the Sea Life and coral at the end of the beach is just amazing! There is so much sea life so close to your hotel it is un-believable! There was a lion fish just hanging around the jetty into the sea!!! If you just want to tan, there then are plenty of sun loungers on the beach.

From my apartment door (I stayed in resort side) to jumping in the sea is 2 mins!

If you book all inclusive then you will be fed up (literally) with the food on the buffet very quickly. You can get a good variety in Naama Bay for £5-£15 per person. So don't worry if you don't want to go all inclusive. If you like seafood, it is much cheaper than the UK but still expensive.

The reason for this is that there is a 100km exclusion zone around Sharm that stops any fishing. Therefore all fish although very fresh, has to be brought it from other areas. My Cairo guide said that in Sharm Old Town you pay about 150LE for a kilo of prawns, in Suez, it's only 20LE for a kg!

Took excursion by Air to Cairo costing £140. Flight is 1hr v 6 hours each way by Coach. If you have time and want to save money then take the coach, it's only £25 return! If you have time, then go to Cairo and see and learn some history. Don't pay to go inside the pyramid to see the tomb room as there is noting to see!!! Just a crawl inside and an empty room.

Also took the Ras Mohamed national park excursion which was a whole day on the boat and 3 stops for snorkling, lunch included for £23. Nice day out and saw fish not resident at the hotel coral (such as Clown/NEMO fish) and big Hump Head Wrasse. But if you are short on time, then what you get to see at the hotel is not much different from the boat trip.

I am not going to post anymore pics as all previous reports contain very accurate images of the resort.

PROS:

Clean Big A/C Rooms with Patio/Balcony
Excellent Diving/Snorkling on your doorstep
So many fish so close
Very Freindly Staff

CONS:

Restaurant buffet is nothing special
Lots of Rude Russians/Eastern Europeans (60% Italian, 35% Eastern Europe/Russian)
Nothing to do at night

SUMMARY:

It was a great holiday and nothing to complain about Coral Beach Montazah itself. Only distraction from the holiday was the Russian Guests who are very rude and just, well, RUDE! Queue jumping, barging in, it's all normal from the Russian tourists..... And they feed the fish and touch the coral..... which is not allowed. To be honest, go soon, or all the coral and fish will have been killed off by the Russians....."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of May 2006

Fantastic for Couples and Families - A Nightmare for Single Women!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I stayed at this hotel for seven nights in April, 2006, as part of a package organized by a local tour operator. I am twenty-two years old, female, and traveled alone.

The hotel premises and facilities are excellent: three spotless swimming pools with ample sunchairs and umbrellas, new rooms spread over a village-style property, immaculate and expansive bathrooms in the rooms, a restaurant serving a huge buffet for three meals per day, a white sandy beach, etc. The hotel rises up from the beach on several levels connected by both stairways and ramps, meaning that the rooms fall somewhere between reception and the beach. Swimmers must cross a floating bridge (protecting the coral reef) to reach the ocean, where they will find a large coral reef and all sorts of fish, from parrotfish to angelfish to rays to (deadly!) lionfish. There is a diving center on site that can organize snorkelling and scuba-diving excursions, and the hotel can organize a variety of day trips (Cairo and the pyramids, Ras Mohammed National Park, camel rides, etc) as well as taxis into Naama Bay. Nightly, entertainment was organized by a group of international young-adults who put on cabaret shows, led karaoke, and generally did their best to embarass the guests (who are mainly Italian but also Russian, Polish and English). I could not have stayed at a hotel that was better designed, equipped or maintained...

... however as a single female traveller I faced a barrage of sexual harassment from the male employees on an almost hourly basis. From the first night when one of the employees called my room at 1.00 am to ask "if I remembered him" to the men in the cafeteria comparing the breadsticks to their penises, I was made to feel uncomfortable and embarassed at every opportunity. Other travellers who were either male or with companions were not subjected to anything similar. I felt so uncomfortable that I slept with the lights on in my room!

I would highly recommend this hotel to couples, families and groups of friends. I would also recommend that single women avoid this hotel like the plague."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of April 2006

Hotels near Coral Beach Resort Montazah

Top traveller tips for Coral Beach Resort Montazah

• Pippo B by Pippo B

"relaxing friendly staff good food and big and comfortable rooms "

• Pippo B by Pippo B

"relaxing friendly staff good food and big and comfortable rooms "

• celina by celina

"Do not go there waste of time "

Coral Beach Resort Montazah is also called