Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 33735 Egypt

Good

Nice hotel just wish I didn't go half board!

Good

"The hotel itself is really lovely, very new, very clean, nicely decorated. Was very impressed with our room, lovely bed and bathroom, And air condiionong was fantastic. Room cleaned very well every day. The grounds were well kept and really loved the swimming pools.The swimming pool staff were incredible and couldn't do enough, as were most of the staff, maybe a little slow at times!!
Now on to the bad stuff!!! I was a little disappointed with the beach, we were unable to walk straight into the sea due to coral so had to use a man made promenade, the hotels isn't built yet so used the neighboring hotels. We slept in late a few mornings and on these mornings the cleaning staff were adamant to get into our room to check the mini bar, which we had never used. They would knock constantly until we got up and let them in which i found a bit strange. One day we were in a rush to get changed as we were being collected for an excursion at 4, so i went up to the room and they wouldnt let me get ready as they were cleaning the room, then the household service manager came up and shouted at me to sit on the balcony and wait 20minutes. i was very unimpressed.
Naama bay is a twenty five drive away which got a bit tedious as we went in every night as there is nothing to do around the hotel and it is fairly isolated with no facilities nearby,(there is a shop which tries to rip you off and an atm) I am not a huge fan of Naama Bay. We were half board and only ate in the hotel twice, in fellini and the market, In fellini the food was thrown on our table and the market was not up to scratch, food not great. The beach snack bar was nice. All in all i enjoyed lying by the pool everyday in the lovely surroundings but probably wont be returning ."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of September 2010

Incredible!

"As a frequent traveler to Egypt, I have to admit that this was one of the best vacations I ever had. The Hotel is located a littlebit outside of Sharm el Sheikh and so its perfectly quiet. If you feel the need to go out an excellent taxiservice is bringing you to town. The rooms were very clean and I felt comfortably the moment I entered them. The hotel appeal is modern but very classic to. The service made feel as being a friend for a long time. The amazing breakfast which starts with 3 baskets filled with huge variety of breads and pastry. Then the waiter was at the table with fresh juice, the tea i liked without ordering on my second morning. This individual service and if breakfast is the most important meal of the day, those guys made already in the morning may day. After that you can enjoy at three supersized poolareas with very comfortable couches which felt almost like beds. Pool service is always around and very friendly. They always know what you might need! In the evening there was show cooking at the main restaurant and an excellent fish restaurant with an overwhelming seaview. Also don´t forget the italian place called Fellini. It felt and tasted much better than the all inclusive ,train station like buffets, i ´ve seen before. Compared to all the Hyatts and Hiltons I´ve been, this place is far better! So all i can say is that nothing thats advertised is overpromised! I´ll come back soon!"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of September 2010

this hotel will not satisfy you, no matter the price rates given

Good

"Starting with the advantages, It's a brand new resort that have been established july 2010, the rooms are spacious and very beautifully decorated, it is probably listed on the top five most beautiful rooms between Sharm hotels. However, DON'T let the price rates of this hotel fool you! This is a big disadvantage, we had to pay loads of money on transportation from and into Na'ama Bay, the most popular centre of gathering for tourists. The hotel is very,very far away from attractions, up to another point, the service, was literally, crap. Imagine 40 people lying in the pool and another 30 at the restaurant next to us are all run by one waiter... that was the case. FOOD: Breakfast buffet is rated 4- stars, not even close to 5 stars, it took them ages to serve a cup of tea or coffee, and the tables around are more than half empty! You don't want to waste your money on dinner, dining in town is much better."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of September 2010

looking for 5-star service? this hotel is not for you!!

"I stayed at the Cleopatra luxury resort collection hotel during the "eid" vacation after reading the hotel's reviews on tripadvisor. the hotel is brand new, rooms are spacious ,nicely furinshed, and the swimming pools are big. the hotel is located 25 minutes away from Na'ma Bay, you won't find problems getting a taxi outside the hotel. BUT, when it comes to service the hotel is extremely understaffed i.e only one waiter gets your orders around the pool! we used to wait for 30-40 minutes for our orderds to arrive, we complained over and over again but they keep saying that the hotel is not yet ready!! as for food, we had dinner at the main restaurant there (buffet) , I could count 3-4 main course dishes only!! again we waited for 20-30 minutes to get a bottle of water! the food was tasteless and we ended up eating outside the hotel ever since. breakfast was ok but way less than any 5-star standards, again , we usually asked every single waiter for a cup of tea during our stay at the hotel , and we would not get it until 40 minutes later (on average).. and oh, forget room service as the service experience above applies also there. I hope that they can solve the service and food problems since the hotel is still brand new."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of September 2010

Lovely hotel with friendly and helpful staff - no spa or fitness centre though!

"We were left with 2-3 days to book an alternative holiday when our travel company went bust, so we spent a lot of time on lastminute.com trying to find a suitable alternative. This hotel really stood out even though it had (at time of booking) 1 review and no website! We were very glad to arrive and see that our choice was a wise one.

General ambience -
The staff were absolutely fantastic and couldn't have been more helpful. Very friendly and approachable. When we arrived the hotel was just 6 weeks old and there were only 45 guests, so there were many more staff than guests and it really showed, eg at meal times. The pool attendants were helpful and would do little things like help you pick where to sit, put up the sunshades and arrange the lounger to your liking. The receptionist was very professional and always on hand to help with little problems, eg the key cards suddenly not working (apparently there are some teething problems). Bar staff and restaurant staff were also helpful and enthusiastic.

Appearance -
Although very new, the hotel looks wonderfully "finished" with lots of flowers, greenery, trees and a beautiful garden-like setting. The rooms are large and have small terraces or balconies, with very lovely bathrooms (we had no bath but a "wet room" shower with a rainforest-style head). The free toiletries were wonderful and in very large sizes! There are 3 pools, one of which is a lovely infinity pool overlooking the beach. The views over the beach at sunset and in the late afternoon are very serene. The beach is well-kept and was deserted for most of our stay, with comfortable cushion loungers and adequate sunshades.

Food -
Possibly the hardest thing for any hotel, as I am vegetarian! Here the staff really outdid themselves and at "The Market" (buffet-style restaurant) they did everything from cooking special dishes and giving table service in the evenings, to making 5-6 vegetarian dishes part of the buffet every night. The food was freshly cooked and there was plenty of variety. The breakfast buffet was a little disappointing as the "menu" was identical every day but you could of course have freshly cooked omelettes, waffles etc made to order. "Fellini", the Italian restaurant, was similarly disappointing but I suspect great for meat eaters as there are normally 5 courses nightly (the menu changes every night) and include things like steak, seafood salad etc. Beware the "panna cotta" dessert - it seemed to make a nightly appearance and was pretty far from any other panna cotta I've ever had. Food at the "Beach Grill" for lunch was good value and freshly cooked.

Value for money -
We went "half board" so can't really comment on the evening dinner prices. However I thought the wine list was reasonably priced (approx £14 with taxes for a house bottle) for a 5 star hotel. The cocktails were approx £6 each and very reasonable. Food at the Beach Grill was about £6 - 10 per main course and there were other smaller snacks and beach drinks as well.

Hotel amenities -
This was our one real complaint. We booked through lastminute.com which proudly advertised the hotel with a spa, gym, etc (as you would expect from a 5 star hotel). However BEWARE - these are due to be completed in April 2011 so don't pack your gym kit or expect a massage! The hotel website (www.clc.com.eg) is more accurate about facilities although I didn't see any of the snorkelling, aqua gym etc advertised happening and the "jetties" for swimming in fact belong to the 2 adjoining hotels on the beach (very loud, crowded beach clubs with constant music etc). There is free Wi-Fi in the hotel lobby area but no computers for those travelling without laptops etc.

In short, this is a lovely 5 star hotel but still lacking in key amenities. The entire complex is beautiful and I would recommend going now while it is still relatively empty and peaceful! I can't comment on nearness to Sharm/other shops and restaurants etc as we didn't go for the nightlife, but there are plenty of cash points (of dubious working order) and supermarkets within easy walking distance if you need to stock up on your sun cream (the hotel provides free bottled water in your room daily)."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of September 2010

Sharm-el-Sheik The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection - a perfect choice

"The Cleopatra Luxury Hotel Resort Collection is too long a name but you should file it in your memory if you want an extraordinary leisure holiday. The rooms are very nice, clean and the bed was perfect. Air conditioning, tv, internet, phone all the usual 5star things were there. The management and staff, is professional, helpful, discreet, friendly. The beach, the pools and the features surrounding those (sunloungers, hammocks, big sunshades) are nice, wood and actual cushions, good quality. Perfect for a relaxing holiday, snorkeling, staying at the poolside, lazing around. Evening entertainment was divers and interesting enough to keep us on the terrace. The hotel is close to the airport and a bit removed from the actual Sharm-el-Sheik. Obviously taxis and busses go all the time. Still we were quite content to wander along the beach, snorkel from the piled boardwalks that lead to the reef and relax at the pools...."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of September 2010

it was the best hotel, really clean. their service was in top form. no insects at all. you will never regret it if you c

"their rooms were so big and spacious. nice and neat. air conditioning so you have fresh air all the time;) Invented ready for service and it becomes your room will be clean within no time."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2010

Luuuuuuxury

"We really enjoyed our stay in the Cleopatra Luxury Resort. The hotel and the room was very clean, and the staff members was really kind and helpful. The breakfast buffet was delicious. The hotel has also a good location, near a super market and some small sovenir stores. But it is unfortunately a litle far from the centrum Nema Bay, but you can easily take a taxi or one of the public buses .
I will definetly recommend The Cleopatra Luxury Resort if you're looking for a perfekt place to stay in Sharm el Sheik."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of August 2010

Fantastic Holiday with great value for money & the best sea food restaurant in the area

"I could never say enough words about this hotel, coincidently we heard that Cleopatra is opened & it is going to be one of the best in Sharm El Seik so my wife & I decided to call the hotel but we couldn’t reach the hotel number so we tried the internet & succeeded to book a room on line, it was extremely cheep when we value the money we spent vs the happiness we received.

The hotel is extremely beautiful & the staff are will chosen, We drove our car from cairo & arrived little bit early but we were taken straight to our room, which was very very luxurious.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the bedding was lovely and soft I presume Egyptian cotton! It was very hot day but we froze from the air-condition, we did not expect that but we received complementary mineral & sparkling water every day in the room.

the swimming pools was fantastic & the beach was charming…

The staff, from receptionists to waiters to gardeners to cleaners, could not do enough for us. All of them so friendly & polite.

Gardens & landscape are fantastic, as are all the grounds (including the pools

The food in the hotel was nice, nothing to complain about at all, in fact it was really one of our best vacations ever if not the best

I already booked for my next vacation & I will advice all my family & friends to go there"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of August 2010

Excellent five star value for the price

"Brand new resort hotel, with deserved 5 stars. In the introductory phase was offered exceptionally cheap, so - after seeing it surprisingly in a search - we immediately decided to book it.
I'll say just so much: it was better than our former trip at Ritz-Carlton in Sharm ...

I'll let my wife to write her own, much longer and much more detailed review ..."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of August 2010

COULD DO Better

"Recently back from the Cleopatra, overall it was OK but definitely not 5 star.

Our room like the rest of the resort (with the exception of the reception area)is looking jaded and in need of some TLC. The bathroom was shabby with a number of broken floor tiles.I the bedroom there was also broken floor tiles and the veneer on the headboard was peeling off.

Reception staff not very accommodating, verging on arrogant.

Main dining area shabby, tables not clean, broken and chipped crockery.

Stayed in some great 5 stars this wasn't one of them.

Will not be going back or recommending it.

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2015

Cleopatra "Luxury" Resort - (Id rather stay in a tent)

"Avoid this hotel!! (It may look nice but Butlins is better!!) Its more like a 3 star. Its in the middle of nowhere in Nabq. A 20/30 minute taxi ride to any kind of civilization. You can only get in the sea via the jetty due to the coral reef. The main restaurant is dirty. All the tables were sticky and the wall where the fresh juice machines were are covered with spillages & more flies than I have ever seen. We did eat in the Italian & beach restaurant but the food was cold and tasteless.
I did see in the main kitchen (before being removed) and I have seen cleaner abattois. The bedding smelt greasy. Towels were dirty. There was no hot water and the shower was moldy. The hairdryer did not work. The gardens were messy and unfinished with junk furniture stored here and there. They blasted out music at 7.30 am in the morning - After playing music to midnight every night. The bar staff can not take drink orders and it took them @ 2 hrs to bring us the wrong drinks on the beach - This is probably due to most people drinking from bottles of duty free alcohol at 11 am in the morning! When I complained to the manager he asked to make it better by giving us a room upgrade (after trying to charge us extra for a room upgrade when we arrived) We just wanted to get our money back and move to another hotel but the manager would not refund us - nor travel republic. We had to pay another £1000 to move to a real 5* hotel, and we then had nice food, clean sheets and towels, hot water, a working hairdryer and staff that really took care of us and a happy holiday. Although the staff were nice the service was bad. They just don't know what service is! Or standards .. especially 5 star.. If you want real 5 star - try the Marriott, novotel, Ritz, Hyatt - real 5 star hotels :)"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of January 2015

Hotels near Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Stayed at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh

• justrelax by justrelax

"Keep it short - 7 days max "

Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is also called