Beach Albatros Sharm

on the cliff of Ras Om El Seid, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Fantastic Time

Good

"My husband and I, 2 daughters aged 16 and 13 and our 8 year old son have just returned from a fantastic two week holiday at the beach albatros. (Last two weeks of August 2007) I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews, but can truly say that we all had a brilliant time and the kids are asking if we can go back again next year.
We booked through sun master with med hotels, over the internet and everything went smoothly, with our tickets arriving two weeks before we were due to fly. We had booked our transfer with med hotels and they were very efficient. We were met at the airport and the mini bus was waiting to take us to the hotel. The check in procedure was quick and our cases were taken to our rooms.
The hotel; although it isn’t modern, it is very clean and be no means shabby. We stayed in chalets with beautiful views over the Bay and mountains (Rooms 6005 and 6009) There are patio’s with seating and tables outside each of the chalets. The air condition worked well in both rooms and we found that we had to turn it off on occasions as we were getting too cold. The rooms are cleaned daily and the cleaners make the most amazing things out of your towels, ie crocodiles, hearts, peacocks, flowers. There is also a hair dryer and shower gel in the bathroom.
There are two pools each with separate children’s pools. However they could do with more sun loungers as we were having to get up earlier than we would have liked, to put our towels down. They could take some from the beach as there are more sun loungers there, which are never filled. Towel cards are issued, and guests can get one towel per person each day. The grounds are very well looked after with beautiful bushes and flowers. There is also a garden area with children’s play park equipment.

I would suggest taking ear plugs for several reasons. The air condition is quite noisy and the Muslims are called to prayer at about 4.30am. The ear plugs allowed a good night sleep. Also our son was in the pool most of the day which resulted in him getting an ear infection. Fortunately he could still go in the pool because of the earplugs but we could probably have avoided this if we had made him use them from day one.
We visited the doctor at the hotel with regards to My sons ear infection and my husband suffering with tummy cramps and diarrhoea. The medicines were delivered to the hotel and both of them were feeling a lot better the next day. The medical bill was about £54.00 but that was for antibiotics, eardrops, pain killers, having his ear syringed and tablets (Antinal) for my husband. We were provided with documents to enable us to claim this back from our insurance.
The staff; On the whole they are very friendly and very willing to help.
The animation team run the kids club. I was a little dubious at first as it didn’t seem as well organised as some of the others that he has been to. However, my son loved it, and the staff were extremely good with the children. They would take them to the beach, or play in the pool or do painting in the club house. They also take the children on a glass bottom boat ride and to the local water park for an extra charge.
The animation team organise volleyball both on the beach and in the pool. The also teach dancing on the beach in the afternoon.
Most evenings there is a children’s mini disco followed by some entertainment. It’s not the best I’ve seen but they try hard to involve all the nationalities. There is a disco on the beach from 11.30pm every night apart from Monday. It is not very busy but quite fun if there is a group of you. Drinks at the disco must be paid for or charged to the room
In the café bar there is entertainment several nights a week, being either a singer, saxophonist or guitar player. There is a small dance floor and the animation team will encourage you to dance with them.
The beach is great with plenty of space and an abundance of sun loungers. The sea is very clear but I would suggest beach shoes as the sea floor is very rocky due to the coral. These can be bought at the beach. We paid 160 Egyptian pounds for 4 pairs. (Just under £4.00 each) The fish are amazing. As you are knee deep in water they are swimming around your legs. I have been scuba diving in several countries but never seen such an colourful and variety of fish.
Food is available at the beach with a small all inclusive selection. There is a wider choice of menu at an additional charge (including chips and ice creams)
We went on several boat trips. The first was “The Almeria” which we booked through the med hotels rep “Nassar“. It was quite pricey but well worth it. The wooden sail boat took us to Ras Mohamed. The staff on the boat were wonderful hosts.
The second boat trip we booked on the beach. This was on a model yacht and took us to Turin. Although the coral and snorkelling was better it was a lot less organised and a lot of waiting around at sea for the scuba divers. The atmosphere on the boat was not as good. But still a great day out, and a lot cheaper than the Almeria. If you are lucky Dolphins are sometimes seen on the trip to Turin.
You will be encouraged to attend the beach bar b que, where you will be entertained by a belly dancer and other traditional dancers, although it was more like African tribal dancing! This was an additional charge and not really worth it. The dancing could have been seen from the bridge to the lift, and the food was just as nice in the restaurant.
We ate at the Italian restaurant one evening. We were giving an outside table with beautiful views. We received a 50% discount as we were guests at the hotel. 3 lasagne, 2 pizzas, 5 salads, garlic bread and extra bread and it cost £7.75 English pounds for all of us, less than £2.00 each.
We had a Mc Donalds delivered one evening (you can ask reception for the telephone number) The meals were huge and less than £2.00 English pounds each including delivery.
Naama Bay and the Old Market is worth a visit. Be prepared to be called in all directions, but the people are friendly if you are friendly to them.
Naama Bay has many bars, restaurants, shops and I think some night clubs too, but we haven’t got first hand experience of these.
We Visited the new Aqua park which is over the road from the hotel. It isn’t finished yet (it opened the week we arrived) but there is still lots of slides open. We booked this through the rep and it cost about £20.00 English each. This included lunch. We had a brilliant day and would have gone again had we had made our first visit earlier in the holiday.
None of us wanted to come home and we would happily stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2007

I Miss It!!

"I Stayed At Beach Albatros For Two Weeks..Just Got Back,And I Miss It Already!!
I Love All The Staff There Really Friendly acspeicialy Achmed,Hassan and older at the shiesha place.
When i Left The Hotel I Cried Sooo Much Because Its Such A Good Hotel

Miss You Already!!!!! x x x x x x x x x x"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

we had a fantastic holiday

Good

"we have just returned from a two week stay in the beech albertros. we had a fantastic holiday! The staff were fantastic and really admire and respect the English. They can't do enough for you. The rooms were imaculate and the cleaners were very friendly and extremely tallented they made animals out of towels and bed covers, very cleaver! The food in the restaurant was good they tried to cater for everyone I tried everything and didn't have any problems with the food although my Husband had an upset stomach a couple of times which i dont think was down to the food. The place on the whole was very clean the rooms were a little tired in the need of updating but very clean. we booked a trip diving with the dive centre on the beech this was a fantastic day out my daughters even had a go they loved it. I was a little aprehensive about letting the girls dive without previous experience but the staff were great and put me at ease. the professional diver that took them down never let go of them he only took them shallow and my husband who is an experinced diver was allowed to accompany them. what a great experience."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Lovely location, super holiday

"We have just returned from a two week stay at the beach albatros with our two children aged 6 and 9. We had requested a beach view chalet and were put in one without a view but were moved within an hour or so without a problem. Loved the location of this hotel beatiful views over old sharm and the bay, beach is acessed by glass elevator with spectacular views over the bay. Snorkling was spectacular and should not be missed, nor should a boat trip to Ras Mohammed which was stunning and we swam with tuna, baracuda and the coral reefs have to bee seen to be believed ! Would return to Sharm for this alone !
Staff in resort were wonderful, hotel and gardens immaculate at all times never set eye on a cockroach or anything else crawley ! Mozzies were smoked out every evening. Bar entertainment was er pretty dire but did cause us Brits quite a lot of amusement ! Resort is very international, quite a lot of Russians, French, Germans, Italians, Dutch and British. Our children met freinds of all nationalities and everyone integrated well, on the whole. Now onto the food which was our only grumble of the holiday to be honest, very repetative although they did make an effort to have themed nights, there was always beef stew, rice and weird veg on offer. The puddings looked amazing and tasted terrible. There were some nice dishes and the bread, fruit and dish of the day were delicious. Ice creams and chips (at the beach) were extra. We ate in old Sharm a few times and had lovely food. Can I just mention that anyone staying around this area should visit Alf Leila Wa Leila which as far as we know is not advertised, we stumbled upon it and the Fantasia show was wonderful and it has some great shops and restaurants and is a beautiful place.
Egyptians were freindly and non theatning with a sense of humour. Visiting the market is a bit of an experience and you will be expected to haggle and will be harassed to go into every shop, either ignore them or smile and walk past. Browsing is pretty impossible ! Not agressive in any way though.
We had a lovely holiday, met some lovely people and would return to Sharm at the drop of a hat."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

A lesson learnt!

"My partner and I went to Beach Albatros on the 31st May, taking our young daughter. We arrived late evening and we were greeted well. Our first room was not ideal as it was up a flight of stairs and we had a pram with us. The hotel willingly moved us the next day. We were moved to a room seperate from the main hotel with the most amazing view outside.
I would definitely describe the accomodation as shabby, it has an old Butlins feel to it. But it was clean.

The staff were friendly and chatty. The pools were kept well maintained, and clean. There seemed to be a good entertainment package for older kids.
The private beach, accessible by lift or stairs was spacious, and we found loungers at busy times of the day. The red sea was lovely. The coral around the beach however has suffered from the building of beaches, and is dying. Although there is some fairly good snorkelling to be done. I would be tempted to go on a day trip for better snorkelling/diving. The weather was approx 35 degrees, which got a bit overwhelming at midday. But thankfully the air con worked well!!

Unfortunately from day 2 my partner and I became VERY ill, despite being VERY careful about what we ate and drank. The all inclusive buffet was varied, more aimed to a German taste. There was a reasonable selection, but some food was a bit tepid and tired looking! There is a lovely Italian restaurant on site, which we ate at when recooperating.

We actually saw more of the Dr on this trip than anybody else! But it was a real shame we missed most of our holiday. The views and warm balmy evenings over looking the bay were memorable.

I think we will return to Egypt, but not this hotel. I think self-catering will be the way to go!!

P.S. Nearly 2 weeks home and still having recurring tummy upset, and numerous tests by our GP!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

Lovely

Good

"I have just returned from my stay at the beach albatros hotel less than a week ago, we went as a group of 3 girls, we stayed in a chalet which was nice, i was expecting it to be bad since i read reviews weeks before but i was surprised, it was very clean although the decoration wasn't great but it didn't bother us! The cleaner was very good, he made different animals and sculptures out of the towels most days. couldn't find a spec of dust anywhere. The waiters and staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. They like the English. The food was ok, like most all-inclusive places it can be repetitive but they had a selection of different cooked meals most days. But i would say be careful on what you do eat because unfortunately we all suffered a bit of a bad stomach but cleared in a day or two thanks to the doctor, but you can get it anywhere. The pools are great with the bar literally 20 steps away, you can drink to your hearts content. The monimare cafe is ok for a cupple of drinks before you go out or to finish off you evening. The beach is great, lots of sunbeds always got a place to sunbathe, the snorkelling on the beach is good just have to swim out a little, the fishes are amazing lots of different coloured ones. We decided to go on a safari excursion which was brilliant we went for 5 hours riding quads through the desert and had a camel ride in between with a few stops for drinks. we booked it with a guy down by the beach which was cheaper rather than the rep because they rip you off just for they're commission. We went out into naama bay a cupple of nights during the week, which has more around, lots of shops, places to eat and lots of bars with a few nightclubs. A good place for English people to go is a place called camel bar, which you will find mostly English people in and has a nice restaurant on the top. Taxi's can overcharge so don't get in a cab without agreeing a price first. we always paid 30 egyptian pounds and no more (always the blue and white taxi's, they look shabby but are ok). But overall we enjoyed our stay at the beach albratros with the exception on the bad stomach. If you are going on holiday to this hotel please could you say 'hello' to 'Waffy' from the 3 English girls (Steph) he may remember my name, He is a beach/restaurant waiter and does great cocktails! Thank you."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

hotel ok food repetative

"we have just returned from our stay at Beach Albatros Hotel Sharm. The hotel was ok definately 3 star not 4 the norm seems to be that the first room you are allocated you reject and then you are given a better room. We were a party of 4 and had booked 2 seperate rooms on arrival we were allocated a family room for 4 adults this was extremely cramped. we complained at reception and the next morning were moved to the main building to 2 seperate rooms, which were ok nothing amazing but v hot in the evening as the air conditioning did not work at all well. we coped but i think if you are going later on in the season it could become unbearable! The staff at the hotel are very friendly and cannot do enough to help. The gym at the hotel is poor is is very rarely used. The beachis man made but plently of sunbeds available all the activity i.e volloeyball aerobics boulles etc happens at the beach so the pool areas are quite quiet which is nice. The food is ok but very repetative usually fish(v.boney), chicken and beef pplenty of rice. Breakfast is fried eggs or omelltte no bacon no sausage. The down side to this holiday was the mosquitoes. 2 people form our party sufferd terribly even though they used mossie repenalt i would advise any travellers to take plenty of spays with them and also lotion for when you actually have the bites.Two years ago i stayed in Sharm and the area has grown considerably since then almost doubling in size with lots of building work continuing. I feel Sharm town and Naama Bay are almost like Blackpool but without the drunkeness.If not been there and thinking of going would go now before it gets completely commercialised."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

simply perfect

"I stayed in beach albatros hotel with my dad from 25 march to 1st of april.I have to say this hotel is really nice.As a flight Attendant I have visited a lot of hotels around the world and I have never seen such friendly staff anywhere else.They are friendly,helpful and caring.The food was good.They had european food,italian dishes,healthy corner,oriental corner,kids corner....plenty of different salads and desserts.the pools were clean and also the beach.We stayed 1 week and it was close to paradise."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2007

Great Holiday- Fantastic People

Good

"I stayed at the Beach Albatross from the 21/2/07 until the 7/3/07 with my boyfriend and son of 7 years old. The weather was fantastic very hot in the day and cooler at night but still t-shirt weather in the eve's. The Hotel itself looks less impressive than those you will pass on the way to it, but that is it's charm. I am a very picky traveller having spent 7 years in the travel industry and could not fault the hotel. You will either stay in the main building which is more modern or in one of the chalet style rooms which are great as they have a huge bathroom more like a wetroom and living room and 2 seperate bedrooms great for families with seating areas outside and washing lines. The hotel is mainly used by Russians, Italians and Germans who are very friendly and enjoy and good drink in the eve's. The food was good plenty of fresh fruit, veg. You have to pay extra for Barbecue night on a Wednesday but you do get a big selection of fresh fish and for £6.00 you can't go wrong. The staff are nothing but helpful and always smiling. My son had an accident in the hotel and required 6 stiches, the clinic is on site with the doctor who patched him up there and then and monitored his progress throughout our stay he was excellent and we all felt safe and looked after.

I have seen alot of reviews which slate this Hotel and don't feel it is justified. Some of the furniture is dated , yes but other than that it's a fantastic location on the cliff, with a beautiful beach with hundreds of fish we spent hours snorkling and if you take kids and the water is a little to chilly for them hire a wetsuit from the dive place on the beach for £3 a day and they can snorkel to there hearts content. Don't buy your aqua shoes til you are out there they are £3.50 in old sharm market a bargin!!

We had a wonderful holiday and felt rested and revived all thanks to the hotel and staff at the Albatross and will hopefully return in December for xmas and New Year and also plan to book for the same time next year."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of March 2007

great weather

Good

"we stayed here on 4th feb for a week, hot in the day but gets a lot cooler at evening time, all bars are located out of doors, superb views from this clifftop location, beer an food ok, they do charge for all cocktails, we was all inc, chips is charged as extras as well as table tennis and pool, rooms are ok but chalet rooms are nothing great, beach is good with nice walks to the old sharm, you will be pestered but thats their way, evening entertainment not brill but better than nothing, april and may are supposed to be a lot warmer, june july augest over 100 degrees, be carefull, staff are excellent and speak many languages, lots of russians enjoyed it here."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of February 2007

goood

"the hotel room is nothing like the ones on the photos, there tiny and not that nice. when i was there, there was hotels being renewed, was too much noise and it was ment to be a peaceful holiday.
the only way i loved this holiday was for the animation team, they where all friendly exept there maybe of been 1 or 2 who are all for french people, i would go back to see the animation people any day.
FOOD!
it wasnt that nice, after the 3 days i was ill i never ate from the resturant again or from the beach resturant, it was nice but it just totally put me off.
everyone i know who has been to egypt was ill for at least 2 days or more.
ANIMATION TEAM!
they were great i loved them, the shows were entertaining, very friendly and always included the audience in there shows.

• Travel date: Fri 10th of July 2009

Not

"I found this hotel average, I won't recommend it in any shape or form if you wanting a quiet location to stay, definitely not a four star, would say about a two. You have two mosques that wake you up at 4.30, 5.00 & 5.30am. The majority of the staff a very unhelpful and walk around as if they have a chip on their shoulders, bearing in mind its suppose to be an enjoyable time going on holiday. There was hidden extras, such as paying extra for the ala carte menu, beach barbacue, tennis, table tennis, pool, and snooker. I have been to Sharm before and would not compare this hotel to the one we stay at last time, the total opposite. Never mind there's always next year, would recommend you have a good think about this hotel. Don't know whether the staff are not treated fairly but did spoil the holiday for me. If you are just wanting to snokel and enjoy the sunshine and forget about the hotel, then its for you."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of April 2009

Hotels near Beach Albatros Sharm

Stayed at Beach Albatros Sharm? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Beach Albatros Sharm

• amy-lee by amy-lee

"go to a different hotel. "

• amy-lee by amy-lee

"beach all day,and shows at a night time. didnt have a favourite restaurant, "

Beach Albatros Sharm is also called