This hotel is now closed.

Al Diwan Resort

Shark's Bay , Sharm El Sheikh , Egypt , Africa

Hotels near Al Diwan Resort

Good

Great value

Reviewed Fri 28th of February 2014

"I have no idea why so many people complain after the holiday instead of during. We had a lovely time at the resort, yes on the first night the food was warm and after a word in the managers ear the food was hot for the duration, beer cold, rooms neat & tidy cleaned daily. The resort is a little shabby but with a coat of paint & some closer maintenance it would be great. What really made our stay great was that the staff were very friendly & helpful. Will be going back."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of February 2014

Is this the worst hotel in Sharm?

Reviewed Tue 7th of May 2013

"I saw a review of this hotel that recommended changing hotels because it is so awful. Silly me I still went. Warm beer, warm wine, no ice, not enough ashtrays, glasses,cutlery, plates or condiments. The ladies toilets did not lock, did not flush, hardly ever had toilet paper & were dirty for the whole 2 weeks. The food was repetitive, tasteless & cold.
The pool area had house music played at nightclub level from 11 AM. On the plus side a few of the staff were so good, so helpful that the stay was bearable. My apartment was dated but pleasant & clean. To anyone reading this for £50 more you will find a hotel much nearer the action/beach with good food & working toilets. This is next to the airport so if you do go dont book transfers a taxi costs £3.50"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of May 2013

Dont go there!!!

Reviewed Mon 25th of October 2010

"I took my family of 4 to this hell-hole of a hotel in August2010 for our annual family holiday.
Oh boy.. I have never experienced such a nightmare of a resort in my life. We arrived late in the evening (about 11pm), we were tired and ready for a nights sleep. They fed us and watered us on arrival. In the morning I went for my typical pre- breakfast dip in the pool. My eyes were stinging so bad that I couldn't possibly swim. After fighting through breakfast we decided to take a dip in the other pool. On diving in I was informed that the pool had failed an e-coli test the previous day and that it was condemned and shouldn't have been open. Not surprising that a lot of the tiles were either broken or missing. In 1 hour I experienced at least 4 cut injuies in the pool.
This hotel caters for upto 500 guests allegedly. We couldn't get shade around either pool. the only place that I could protect my family from the 45 degree heat was in the reception lobby. Okay, we came here for some sun, but not all on day one.
The food in Egypt is notoriously bad and I think we expect that, but not this bad... firstly it was always cold, the beef was in fact liver, the fish was a mulched up ball and the chicken was ..well... frightened by the oven. All this with your choice of grainy rice, chewy pasta or mulched potato. Okay, I know that Egypt is a poor country and they do try to please us westerners but please... "

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of October 2010

worst holiday of my life

Reviewed Fri 20th of August 2010

"what can i say, this hotel is not fit to have any kind of star rating, it should be condemed, to say this hotel is only 10 years holiday, it is in dreadful condition.. we arrived a party of 5, 3 adults, 1 child of 9years and 1 infant of 13 months, we booked a family room, but were given a room wth 2 beds, the 1st room was disgraceful, the 2nd was even worse, sun lounger plastic toppers were used for mattress, bare elecrical live wires, kitchen area that i wouldnt feed a dog on, broken tiles around patio area, very few lights working, cots that should be burnt to get rid of diease. the pool had broken tiles around and at the bottom, with 4/5 people cutting limbs, fingers & toes daily, incl my son and husband. one man cut his leg on the pool stps had to have 40 stiches, the food was the same everyday, guests were have take outs from mcdonalds & kfc. all incl drinks stopped at 10pm, contaminated rubbish found on the grounds. nothing for children to eat or do, what we paid £2,000 for we most certainly didnt get... this hotel needs a serious review."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of August 2010

Dont go there

Reviewed Mon 2nd of August 2010

"Just returned from Al Diwan and would never go to that hotel ever again. Read reviews before we went but thought some were just people being picky. How wrong we were. It is all true about the broken tiles in the pool. Kids were cutting themselves everyday even with swim a shoes on. One guy had to have stitches in his foot and kids were bringing sharp broken tiles to the side of the pool. Had to get up around 5 o clock each morning to get a sunbed and u couldnt leave them or they would be taken by somebody else. Only 40 sunbeds for 150 rooms.People were actually fighting over them.Had to change room when we arrived as the door had to be kicked in from the outside and balcony door wouldnt open. Also the bed linen was filthy and when u sat on the sofa bed u ended up on the floor. The food was the same everyday and always cold.It was disgusting and seeing as we were all inclusive we spent more money going to macdonalds just for something decent to eat.There is no such thing as snacks during the day and the drinks were served in small plastic cups. The bar closed between 9.30 and 9.45 every night and the entertainment was virtually non existant. Kids were bored to death and starving as they were surviving on plates of cucumber or tomatoes. They had to risk going in the pool cos there was nothing else for them. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so you av to get taxis all the time.We were told the rooms had hairdryer, sat tv and mini bar. RUBBISH. U were lucky if the loo flushed.Egypt istelf is lovely. Naama Bay is great and I wish we would have picked an hotel near there. Honestly dont go to this hotel even if you think u get a good deal cos u will regret it. On the day of leaving, even if u not being picked up till late evening u will not get a meal or a drink after 3 in the afternoon cos they stop serving u and if other guests try to get drinks for u they get refused and watched all the time by the staff. It really was horrendous the way the guests were treated.If this hotel was in England it would be closed down for health and safety reasons.Believe me if u want to enjoy ur holiday pick a different hotel. Would not recommend this to my worst enemy."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of August 2010

Nice relaxing holiday spot

Reviewed Fri 29th of January 2010

"I went to Al Diwan Resort as a last minute bargain holiday, through which I paid a very reasonable price for at Fresh Holidays. The resort is a small, friendly and welcoming that has the decor and surroundings typical of Egypt. My family and I enjoyed our stay there as we got free use of Sharks Bay beach which is the best known and most popular spot for diving and snorkelling in the area. The kids had lots of activities to keep them occupied, which was great for us. Another great thing about the resort was that all meals were included which as a large family was beenficial - I would recommend large families alike to go to Al Diwan Resort also."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of January 2010

They steal

Reviewed Fri 15th of January 2010

"After handing them the key for the room we where advised by the receptionist to leave our bagage while we eat at a safe room where they store laguage (it was supposed to be secure ) after our lunch we went to the buss to go to the airport and when i searched my bag for my psp and iphone i realized that it was gone. Unfortunatly the management did not help us in any way and because we would have missed our flight we had no option of complaining to the police (wich told us that we have to stay thre during the investigation). I am prety sure that one of the staff took our stuff because the receptionist said he did not see anybody going in the room (he was sitting 2 meters away from the entrance of the room with a clear view on it. Be waned Do Not Go "

• Travel date: Fri 15th of January 2010

Shambolic!

Reviewed Wed 2nd of September 2009

"As a party of 8, we were very delighted to land in Egypt. We were dropped off last to our hotel, El Diwan. Arriving quite late in the night, we were told we had to wait for our rooms because they were overbooked! We had booked four double rooms and they tried to sell us a 5 person apartment and as you can imagine it would have been very difficult for all of us 8 to fit in that tiny apartment. After the hotel management made us wait over an hour, they gave us our rooms and to our extreme delight one flimsy pillow. We asked for more and we got the same response, "overbooked". My room had no towels of any sort and the A.C was broken. I called for them to fix it and they said we will do it tomorrow. So already it was turning out to be a disaster. We all thought it would get better after a good nights sleep, however this was not the case.

As we booked all inclusive we assumed there would be no restriction. We were shocked to find out that they had a time of 10 am to 10 pm on soft drinks and coffee. This hotel did not believe in offering snacks or anything of the sort. Breakfast was very poor as they did not have any cups. glasses or plates. Every morning they would run out of cutlery and do their utmost not to help the hotel guests. Lunch was even more of a joke! Out of the the 2 weeks that we were there, they had 2 decent lunches. Dinner was the worst I have ever seen in my life. There was hardly anything vegetarian. The kitchen staff did not help when questioned upon the foods and every day was the same old thing. One good thing was their bread and the desserts were usually good.

The swimming pool was more like a horror show. In the two weeks we saw 8 guests injured in and amongst the pool. One guest had 12 stitches in her ankle and others had between 3-7. The worst thing was that the hotel did not even care for these people. They had not heard of a first aid kit and did not even want to offer drinking water. Also the chlorine was unbelievably disgusting. We had seen 2 people come out with rashes on their skin. The pool was very, very unclean and unhygienic.

In addition we did meet some very good people there and came back with a few friends.
Overall the hotel is rated 4 star but in fact it is like a 2 star. The hotel cleaners and the security were fantastic but the kitchen staff and main hotel management were beyond shambolic."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

read my comment you believe me

Reviewed Thu 20th of August 2009

"well i thought it looked very nice then we went to dinner the food is the same every day pasta and rice the main pool was bad crack tiles and chipped not to mention 16 people cut or injure them self but among all i had the worst injury i was playin volleyball in the pool and i slipped on a crack tile and slice my foot open and had to have ten stcihes and when i cut my foot open they were still playin volley ball and five minutes after min someone else did there foot but had 2 stiches i had they worst injury from this hotel no matter how many people complained abut the mian pool they would no close it.but sharks bay was amazin."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of August 2009

an OK hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of August 2009

"I stayed at the Al Diwan resort with six other people in three seperate rooms. When we arrived at around 1 in the morning we were helped with our luggage and were shown to our rooms, in one of the rooms three people shared but it only had two beds so we had to wait around an hour to get an extra bed. We were also ment to have a room with a balcony over looking the pool but insted we got no balcony so i asked if we could swap rooms which we did and got a balcony but it still didnt over look the pool. The rooms were tidied and cleaned everyday by a friendly cleaner. The rooms could do with some decoraing as our bathroom tiles had cracks in them on the floor. Also the beds were quite hard and took time to get used to.
The food was not at all great, it was the same buffet everyday and got a bit boring which made you not really want to eat by the end of the holiday. Most of the people who work there are very friendly and some are not. The swimming pool was dirty but i believe somebody made a complaint whilst we was there because they cleaned it. Also the tiles were chiped and cracked which caused injuries during our stay.
The entertainment wasnt too good either there isnt much for the kids to do apart from swimming. "

• Travel date: Fri 7th of August 2009

Was Excellent Dont Know Why Others Are Complaining

Reviewed Fri 31st of July 2009

"Me and my daughter 14 went on this holiday together and had an excellent time .The people there were amazing and the manager could not be more helpful.The food was average you basically get what you have paid for and the staff could not be more helpfull.My daughter and her friend would sit up at the bar al night with one of the workers playing pool or messing around wiith them which i was happy with as they looked after them .We met many people out there and went places with like sharks bay and namma bay with them .This holiday was amazing Couldnt of wanted a better holiday .We did not want to leave and will be returning next year to the same hotel as we had such a great time . The bad reviews are people who are to picking and should go to a 5 star if they didnt like it ."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of July 2009

Last Minute Deal to Egypt on a Whim!

Reviewed Thu 16th of July 2009

"We had never been to Egypt before and always thought it sounded a little expensive but after seeing a fab late holiday deal on the internet we decided to broaden our horizons!

We booked with Monster Travel who were great as we got a package holiday with a major tour operator at a bargain price.

We loved every minute - the hotel; Al Diwan Resort was lovely, clean and with a great pool. Typical 3 star accommodation but only 15 mins from the airport so transfer times were great.

We also took a trip to Naama Bay and Sharks Bay which was nearby and the hotel provided a shuttle bus to both so we took snorkels, a word of advice if anyone is thinking of taking advantage of a last minute holiday deal to Egypt - buy an underwater camera - the fish and the coral were amazing.

Also Naama Bay was great for shopping we got plenty of presents for the guys back home at great prices. Don't be afraid to banter with the shop keepers for that great holiday bargain.

Naama Bay also had great night life so it was ideal of us as we like a good night out.

I would recommend this holiday for couples but also I think young families would have a good time on the lovely beaches and snorkelling. As far as last minute holiday deals go this was our best bargain ever!

10/10

• Travel date: Thu 16th of July 2009

Hotels near Al Diwan Resort

Top traveller tips for Al Diwan Resort

• jeffnjax1 by jeffnjax1

"Sharm is Ok resort terrible "

• jeffnjax1 by jeffnjax1

"McDonalds- and I don't like mcdonalds "

• benson2007 by benson2007

"hard rock cafe amazing meals,snorkeling in the coral and deep sea diving "

• Helen82 by Helen82

"snorkling, quad biking, seeing the pyramids "

• kassy1403 by kassy1403

"Loved Sharm el Sheikh - Egypt, going for a late holiday deal was the best idea we've had all year "

• bally by bally

"namma bay where they had thousands of shops and restaurants with shisha bars. "

• Danielle09 by Danielle09

"sharks bay is a deffenate must see the water is beautifully clear as you can see all the fish "

• rekha162 by rekha162

"Quad Biking, Scuda diving, parasailing, banana boat, beach buggie in Sharm/pyramids in Cairo "

• Qsvr by Qsvr

"Sharm is good i would recomend "

• chelsea by chelsea

"Go to Egypt, lovely place just dont stay at Al Diwan "

• Shadow1 by Shadow1

"Avoid it like the plague "

• Benjamic by Benjamic

"If you have a problem talk to the staff "

Al Diwan Resort is also called