Swisscare Nuweiba Resort Hotel

5 The Corniche, Nuweiba 46618 Egypt

Wonderful relaxing hotel

"My husband and I have just returned from a relaxing week staying at the Swisscare Hotel Nuweiba. The owner Alvin lives on site and is always available to give advice on the surrounding area and trips etc. Alvin suggested a lovely visit to St Catherines monastery and arranged this sending a member of staff to accompany us.

We were greeted by Alvin on arrival and waved off by him and his wonderful staff when we left. The standard of accomodation, is excellent with each room comprising of a suite two bathrooms, two balconies a lounge and a bedroom with the largest bed I have ever seen!! The suite is spotless with linen and towels changed twice a day with a turndown service at night.
The food is the best I have had anywhere in Egypt, NO BUFFET, breakfast is served by the pool and the four course evening meal is served to you piping hot, using the freshest ingredients and no sign of Rameses Revenge at all!!

There is no animation team or kids club the hotel has a lovely air of sheer relaxation and is situated next to its own coral reef accessible from its private sandy beach which has the largest sun shades.

I think the clue to the relaxation of this hotel is with the staff our greatful thanks to little Willie and Abdullah who looked after us extremely well under the watchful eye of Big Willie and Alvin. the chef came out of the kitchen to ensure we were happy with the food and was happy to exchange one of our main courses without any fuss at all. He also makes the best Minestrone soup and would put the best Italian restaurant to shame!!

Each evening we sat and watched the setting sun over the Sinai mountains in this little paradise called Swisscare"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Our first visit to the Red Sea won't be our last!

"If you want peace, quiet and excellent snorkelling then this is the place for you. On top of this you get personal and friendly service from an outstanding staff. Nothing is too much trouble and it really does feel like a home from home. We shall definately make a return visit.

The suite is spacious, clean and comfortable. Food is varied, always good and sometimes excellent. All meals are served at table whether that is in the dining room, by the pool or on the beach. The pool is large and very clean with plenty of shade. Sunbeds are very comfortable both around the pool and on the beach. The owner, Alvin, is very attentive and helpful - nothing is too much trouble for him, especially if it involves chess, marmite or Spurs!

Snorkelling is easy as the reef is a short walk into the sea from the beach. There is a wide variety of colourful fish to see. We saw a turtle and identified over 60 species of fish and over a hundred marine organisms in total.

A big thankyou to everyone at Swisscare for a marvelous holiday!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

Another great holiday

"Second time we stayed at this hotel and it was as good as we remembered. We stayed here in May and although I left a review it does not seen to be in the system so I am putting that to rights now.
The rooms are huge with 2 of everything, towels replaced constantly and tea/coffee making facilities replenished every day.
The food was very good with different meals each day and cooked for you--not buffet style.
This is a relaxing hotel-cool off in the large pool or go for a swim and snorkel in the warm sea. Loungers and beach towels are plentiful, and the staff are there for fetching drinks or food, clean towels or chasing the odd camel away. Not sure if this is meant to be funny but to watch the cunning camels wait for everyones backs to be turned to sneak up to grab a mouthfull of Alvins plants was highly amusing!!! Sorry Alvin.
Anyway it was great to be met and treated like long lost friends and we hope to go back again sometime."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Total relaxation!

"Whilst staying at another well known hotel in Nuweiba over the last few years, we have watched the Swisscare being built and promised ourselves that we would give it a try.
After a "nightmare" of a trip from UK to Sharm with the seemingly normal computer failure and baggage delays one associates with Monarch Airlines, we arrived at Swisscare very late on a thursday evening.
Check in was "lightning" quick and we were shown to our extremely comfortable two roomed suite. We quickly freshened up and went off to find the pub where some friends of ours and Alvin, the hotel owner were waiting to greet us. The kitchen even sent out a full meal for me as I expressed that I was hungry!
A couple of drinks and we were glad to fall into the gigantic bed with which every suite at Swisscare is furnished. We left the amazingly efficient A/C on low as it was very warm, but we left a window that had an insect screen, open, as recommended by Alvin. No sore throats this holiday!
The next morning I made tea with the equipment provided in all suites, then went out onto one of the two balconies, to be greeted by never ending blue skies, sparkling sea and a swimming pool to die for! Tables were being laid for breakfast by the pool and we couldn't wait to get dressed and investigate!
All the accomodation at Swisscare is provided with two bathrooms, two telephones and two televisions. Copious numbers of towels were provided, all changed when required and the rooms were kept in a spotless condition. There is a free safety deposit box in the wardrobe and an electric hair dryer fitted in each bathroom. There is also a mini bar in each suite with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at regular prices.
My wife and I both found the food virtually faultless, which is amazing for a smallish Egyptian hotel and we found the small extra charge for full-board, more than acceptable. Everything is prepared freshly which obviously takes time, but whats the rush when you are in a setting like they have at Swisscare? You can take your meals, so it seemed, anywhere you fancied. The beach, the pool terrace, in your room, in the dining rooms or in Friends Pub. Although we both have suffered several times in the past from "Egyptian Tummy", we found absolutely no problems associated with our digestive system at Swisscare! Even a slight hangover seemed to disappear in minutes!
Alvin and his staff cannot do enough to make your holiday perfect! There is always a smile for you at any time of day.
Some people may think that the location of Swisscare is too far away from any "action". If you want McDonalds, shiny shops, casinos, discos, banana boat and quad bike rides, then, quite honestly, Nuweiba and the Swisscare are not for you. If, on the other hand, you want a totally relaxed chill out holiday with golden beaches, pristine coral reefs to snorkel or dive, magical mountains that provide a backdrop and a view across to Saudi Arabia, clear warm water to laze in and service whenever you need it, then maybe you should give this hotel a try, before it gets so popular that its not a secret any more!
You can arrange your own flights to Taba or to Sharm and Alvin will arrange air conditioned transfers for you, or you can book with Longwoods holidays for a package including flights."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Great Holiday, great hotel!

"We returned this week from a two week stay at the Swisscare Nuweiba Resort Hotel. We had a wonderful time there and would encourage anyone that is thinking of travelling to this part of Egypt to stay there.

Alvin and his team at the hotel made us feel most welcome, from the minute they met us at the airport, to the day we left. On arrival at the hotel, we were shown to our room, it was a late flight, so the sandwiches and refreshments left in our room were gratefully received. The rooms themselves (2 room suite) we ample for us and our daughter, they were clean, very spacious, had air conditioning, 2 bathrooms, 2 tv's, balcony overlooking the sea and swimming pool and a huge king size bed in one room with a smaller bed and sofa in the other room. Each day the rooms were cleaned in the morning. In the evening while we ate, the staff came back again and esnured that the beds were prepared.

The pool is large, lovingly looked after by Ahmed. Most mornings we were served breakfast there from the poolside bar. The food at the Swisscare is great, there is plenty of choice. In the evenings sometimes we ate inside, sometimes by the pool and on one night on the beach.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The little touches are what makes the Swisscare stand out from most other hotels we have stayed at. If we went down to the beach, someone would run ahead of us to make sure there were towels on the beach chairs, if we wanted to go out the hotel, they would send staff to accompany us, they even offered to pick up some sun tan lotion while they were out in the local town.

Alvin's attitude is marvllous, he clearly loves the hotel, Nuweiba and Egypt. His enthisiasm is palpable and rubs off on to the rest of the staff there. He is happy to advise and assist in any way he can, will swim the coral reefs with you, cintinually check that everything is to your requirements and is over joyed if you agree to take part in an evening game of scrabble, chess, monopoly, although, his skills at scrabble are questionable.

The beach is great, its right in front of the hotel. The staff ensure that it is kept clean. It is very peaceful. The sea, clean and if you enjoy snorkelling, the reef is one of the best in the area.

We enjoyed th trips out, arranged by Alvin and Big Willie, we were escorted everywhere, with breakfast and/or lunch provided.

All in all, we had a great time, the only negative being that two weeks passed so quickly. Hopefully we will go back soon, thank you Alvin, Big Willie, Little Willie and all the rest of tfhe team.

John, Dee and Jane."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Perfect holiday retreat

"We just returned from a fabulous one week's stay at the Swisscare in Nuweiba.

The suite consisted out of two air conditioned en suite rooms and are nicely appointed with two televisions, one mini bar, two telephones, two bathrooms, plenty of seating space, two balconies overlooking the pool and beach. It was cleaned every day with fresh bath towels provided. Turn-down service was offered in the evening.

Within the clean hotel grounds there is a beach bar, pool bar and 'pub' as well as two restaurants. Beach towels are provided. All communal areas are kept spotlessly clean. There is plenty of shade available on the clean beach with views of the mountains of Saudi Arabia. The sun loungers provided are of very high quality and very comfortable.

Within the package, breakfast and dinner was included. Lunch could be purchased from an extensive menu at very reasonable prices. Breakfast is continental style and freshly prepared. Dinner is a 4 course affair with outstanding quality of food with portions big enough to satisfy even the most hungry of guests. Prices of drinks are very reasonable and served promptly and courteous by the staff. In line with what the hotel advertises, any of the meals could be had any time of the day at any location of choice by the guest.

We met a set of the most friendliest staff we have ever encountered. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff are a great asset to the hotel.

Being a hotel that specialises in full relaxation for their guests, you make your own entertainment. There is no music round the pool area nor on the beach. Boardgames, books, a pool table and darts board are provided in the "Friends" bar.

Located in Nuweiba on a beautiful sandy beach. The port of Nuweiba is a short taxi ride away.

Ideal for those that wish to totally relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of daily Western life. Well recommended and we'll be back!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

An Oasis of Calm & tranquilty

"I have just com back from a whistle stop tour of the Sinai I made for the travel company I was doing research for: [--]. After 3 days of traveling, hot & dusty and bothered after days on buses and trying to steer clear of the usual hustling you get from the street vendors at the more touristy Egyptian Resorts, I was delighted to find myself at the oasis of calm, peace and tranquility that exists at the Swiss care Resort, Nuweiba.

Alvin the owner obviously loves Nuweiba and proudly showed me around. We past the sleepy port and he suggested I cycle there or even walk the short distance there from the hotel and drink tea at the shisha café’s that are frequented by the truck drivers on they’re to or from Iraq and Syria. It looked very tempting & a fun thing to do to see a little of the real Sinai life of the locals. (There was even the possibility of taking the ferry to Aqaba from the port and spending a few days visiting Petra or going on a jeep safari in Wadi Rum!). On his tour of Nuweiba, Alvin also took me past the old fort and onto Tarabin, which was just a short drive away…he told me that he often takes his guests for a similar tour and leaves them there for awhile to have a look at the stalls and drink tea at the many Bedouin style café’s on the sea front which is a nice way to while away a morning or afternoon.

Later in the afternoon I walked along the white sandy beach and snorkeled at the magnificent house reef which is just off the beach. I was touched to find that Alvin, thinking all the time of how he can improve his guest’s stay and their comfort had thoughtfully drawn up a map of the reef and the entry and exit points. The next morning for variety I choose to swim in the huge pool and found it refreshing, clean and very large which is great for me because I love swimming and have very high standards when it comes to pools.

In the evening I went to the hotel’s pub and found really interesting literature that was thoughtfully provided on local history, the Bedouins, diving and interesting near by excursions (such as St Catherine’s Monastery among others) one could make and which Alvin and his staff would organize for you and even personally accompany you there. I went to the famous St Catherine’s Monastery and was accompanied by Big William who works for Alvin…he was a charming guide and took us afterwards to a local café to have tea and even stopped in town to buy us some oriental style pita bread sandwiches for the journey back as a little extra to the breakfast boxes we had been given….the excursion couldn’t have been lovelier!. Alvin told me that one of the staff always accompanies his guests on the excursions.

For dinner I ate in one of the two restaurants and was pleasantly surprised to be offered a four course meal which was beautifully cooked from the freshest ingredients…it was a nice change from the all you can eat buffets that I had come to expect in the other resort towns.

In short, I found The Swiss Care Resort Nuweiba really magical, it was an oasis of calm far from the madding crowd.The rooms were huge (each one was a suite!) and every detail had been thought of to make sure their guests stay was as comfortable and interesting as it could be. It wasn’t because I was a travel agent that Alvin and his staff were so charming, I found that the other guests I talked to had exactly the same treatment and were just as enamored by it all as me. I couldn’t have asked for a nicer way to end my travels."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of July 2007

Superb family run hotel, fantastic staff

"We had one week in this hotel end of March beginning of April 2007 and I cannot rate it highly enough.The rooms were huge and spotless. The staff were attentive to your every need without being over bearing or in anyway imposing on your need for peace and quiet. The pool was superb: large, not heated, but refreshing and very clean. The walk to the hotel beach was 200metres from the rooms and again the staff attended rapidly sorting out a sun lounger and towels and asking if you would like refreshments. You felt nothing was too much trouble and they were incredibly friendly without being too familiar. The food was excellent quality, a four course set menu each day. Snorkelling was available from the hotel beach and scuba diving easy to arrange. We travelled with two teenagers who were happy to just relax for the week and snorkel and dive (15/16yrs). No night life for teenagers! The transfer from Sharm was two hours but the taxi service was efficient and relatively comfortable. We would certainly go again but mainly because of the hotel - the peace and quiet, superb staff and Alvin the owner."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2007

Another Great Holiday!

"This was our third visit to Egypt and our second visit to the Swisscare in 6 months and yet again we had a wonderful holiday. The hotel and grounds are very well kept, everything is spotlessly clean, the friendly staff cater for your every need and nothing is too much trouble. If you want a peaceful relaxing holiday to recharge the batteries then you won't be disappointed. Where else could you go and lay on a sunbed on the beach watching wild camels walking along just stopping briefly to graze on the hotels flowers and plants?! We will definitely be making a return visit."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of April 2007

A REAL hotel, not a holiday factory!

"I would like to recommend the Swisscare wholeheartedly. I have visited 34 countries and have probably stayed in around 80 different hotels and only about 5 of those really stick in my mind. The Swisscare is definitely going to be one of them.
Perhaps the only people who may not appreciate the Swisscare might be parents with kids (possibly aged around 10-14) who require multiple activities of the type usually provided by the big chain beach hotels. Based on this premise, that leaves plenty of sensible and discerning holidaymakers who would thoroughly enjoy the Swisscare.
Alvin, the manager, is a very experienced and consummate host. He is very visible, and will be there in person to make sure everything is as you would like it. We enjoyed his company as an individual as well as enjoying the benefits of his qualities as a manager.
The hotel itself is new (a year old at the time of writing.) The rooms are enormous. I mean, HUGE. Each ‘room’ consists of a bedroom and a sitting room. The bedroom has one massive king-sized bed, and the sitting room two comfortable sofa beds. Each room has a bathroom, a television and a fridge. It is just perfect for families with children.
The food is very good. All meals were served to us at the table and were pleasantly varied.
The staff at Swisscare are jovial, pleasant and solicitous. Alvin has selected an excellent team who seem to genuinely enjoy their job and are well-suited to dealing with visitors (not always a given, even at very high-priced establishments!) My mother and my little boy especially, enjoyed a laugh and a joke with various members of staff.
The beach is clean and attractive with fabulous views of the Sinai and Saudi mountains. The reef is just a few yards from the beach and provides absolutely excellent snorkeling. The reef is comparable to those we have snorkeled and dived, for example, in Curacao and Bali. We saw (during winter snorkeling) many lion fish, rays, damsels, parrots, pipefish…and the list goes on. The pool and gardens are very attractive and safe. In fact, within the reef, shallow lagoons provide an excellent play environment for small kids to play.
Nuweiba is a relatively remote destination, as there is very little development in the immediate area. The range of day trips is spectacular. We organized all of our visits via Alvin and had a wonderful range of experiences. We visited the coloured canyon, as spectacular as those in Utah or Arizona, and a walk of less than a mile that our 3 year old was able to manage. We saw St Catherine’s monastery, austere location, lush, gilded chapel and dripping with historical significance. We stood on Pharoah’s Island and enjoyed the 360 degree panorama, encompassing the shores of Israel, Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. On each occasion we traveled as a family group, and were accompanied by a member of Alvin’s staff.
In summary, Swisscare is a REAL hotel. The staff learn your names, they want you to have a good holiday and the service is therefore personal and genuine. I would much rather stay here than be one of the herd, grazing at the buffet at a big-chain hotel. I can imagine Alvin’s establishment remaining riotously successful on repeat business alone! Go there!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of January 2007

Hotels near Swisscare Nuweiba Resort Hotel

Stayed at Swisscare Nuweiba Resort Hotel? Share your insight.

Swisscare Nuweiba Resort Hotel is also called