Sayadeen Village Nuweiba

El Sayyadeen St. El Mezina Bay, Nuweiba Egypt

Lovely relaxing, peaceful place. Just ideal for R&R

Good

"We stayed for 2 weeks at Sayadeen and can honestly say the staff make the Village. The room was ok (the bed hard) and we got used to the shower!! The food gets repetitive for a 2 week stay as this hotel seems to be aimed at the 'daytrippers' who constantly come and go.
The selection on the buffet was the same virtually every night, staples of rice, chicken and fish mainly, but you only have to ask and they will cook you something. One night we didn't fancy the fish and the chef (hey man united boy) made us lasagne. It really is the staff that make the hotel. 'Bob' sorted any food we wanted omelettes etc for breakfast so we can't fault the staff on this count. I would say too much looking after the day trippers annoyed us a little, especially on my birthday we were promised a meal on the beach, but then a coach load of people turned up and that went out the window and it was 'buffet only' after that. If the hotel had more selection of food I would say it would be ideal for those who stay longer.
The staff made up for it though and did me a big birthday cake and it was certainly a birthday to remember with the Egyptian army Officers singing to me all night (nice one Ben!!). We made lots of friends here and just want to say hello to Shariff and Nisreen who were celebrating their honeymoon, I hopw Alexandria is not too cold :)
Ben kept us entertained and Nagy took us to Mount Sinai (altho I didn't see you climb it Nagy). And lots of impromptu Egyptian dancing. Although Ben I still think I was a 10!! Ha ha.
The towel art was fantastic and all the bar staff were lovely.
With regards to snorkelling, it's ok near the hotel but better further down towards the mosque.
The quad biking was great too and we stopped off at Mabroka camp for refreshments which was nice too, even got an invite back for dinner that evening!!
All in all a nice relaxing break with great weather, great people what more could you ask for."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of October 2010

I am going to miss the people and place very much!

"I got back from Egypt yesterday morning and can honestly say I am already missing Sayadeen very much. It was my first holiday in 4 years and I couldn't have picked a better place to go or have been made to feel so welcome.

If you want a no frills holiday, to be made to feel like a total VIP, to be very relaxed, to enjoy good food and stunning views not to mention attempting to learn how to dance (thank you Ben), then this is the place for you. I am currently sitting in a conference in a 5 star hotel on the edge of the Bospherous in Istanbul and can honestly say I would rather be staying at Sayadeen Village.

In my view, it's the staff that made this place so special, I think I spent 7 days laughing. Although I am sure they are quite pleased to see the back of us, they never showed it once.

So Shukran Gidann Mohammed (sorry about the water, but you did deserve it), Ben (sorry (but not too much) about the microphone and camera - nothing else our fault...promise!), Ehab, Ahmed, Atef, Nagy, Wagdi, Mohammed and everyone else there.

I am definately going to go back and look forward to seeing everyone again very soon, but for longer next time.

p.s. Take crocs or wetsuit shoes to walk into the sea as there is a small line of stones which can be a little sharp. Also take mossie spray as they can be little ankle biters once the sun goes down.

Wonderful and special place and I definately recommend it.
Caz, Lymington, UK"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of October 2010

Give this a miss

"There is no hot water. Cold showers that dribble out. There is no maid service or change of beds, or towells, or linen. We think the bed linen was probably not changed before we arrived. One of our group got food poisening. The manager, "Henry" ripped us off for a taxi service, and for laundry. When our laundry was not returned he was beligerant and accusatory as though it was our doing. A very unpleasant exchange. He should not be in the hospitalty industry! I would never stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of October 2010

Had a nice time but definitely do not take any thing of any value

"We had our honeymoon at sayadeen and it was lovely. The do have coach loads of people turn up but the second day in they all left and we had the resort to ourselves for whole week.

The beach is lovely - definitely swim to the right towards the temple as there isn't a reef outside the hotel.

The food is ok and fresh.

The rooms are basic but clean and the air con is fab.

We were made to feel very welcome (bar a very expensive taxi trip - they charge london cab prices so just walk to the port and hail one). My only caveat is that I hadn't realise that my jewelry wallet had gone missing until I got home. I have email twice a week for the last 3 weeks and I've heard nothing back from them. Without a police report I can't claim. Most of it was just costume but there was a pair of gold earrings that were a present from my husband that are not replaceable.

I would recommend Sayadeen but as there isn't a safe in the room I would suggest not taking expensive jewelry. My jewelry was tucked at the back of the wardrobe so I recommend that you do not take anything that you wouldn't like to loose.

It is a nice place to stay if you are looking for a quiet beach holiday. There is nothing to do around the port but this is a benefit if that's what you're looking for.

I also recommend going to Swiss Care resort as they have a massive reef and a dive school."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of September 2010

This place really grows on you

Good

"Sayadeen is a lovely place to stay. The chalet accomodation is basic and bathrooms need upgrading, but the location, beach, atmosphere and the sheer friendliness of the staff set this place apart. Don't go expecting great nightlife, nor homogenised hotel chain accommodation, but if you want to relax, swim, snorkel and see the desert (by landcruiser, camel or quadbike), this is the place.

The rooms are no more than 100 metres from the beach, with several interesting coral reefs, and committed divers/snorkellers can find reefs up and down the coast nearby. A trip into the desert, such as to Mount Sinai or St Katherine's monastery is highly recommended.

We have never stayed in a place where the staff were so friendly, attentive and helpful. Our teenage girls had a great time. One nice touch - the room staff are experts in towel art (see photo)

Take/buy a snorkel and mask."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of August 2010

unforgetable experience

"firstly I have to say that I have travelled to Egypt more times than I can count. I have been to so many different locations and excellent 4 and 5 star hotels.
I was quite nervous about going to a village I had never heard about, alone! However the reviews encouraged me to check it out and I am so glad I did.
The location of the hotel is just so perfect, if you are craving tranquality and peace, which I was. It is away from the noise of Taba and Sharm. The hotel can arrange for a return transfer from airport for around 400 LE.
Another thing I was nervous about was being harrased by male staff in the hotel. my previous experiences in Egypt wasn't very pleasant because of over friendly workers in the hotels and street, who get excited when they see a non egyptian woman by herself! however I never had this problem in this hotel. The all male staff at Sayadeen couldn't do enough for me, but never bothered me with any unwanted attention. Although I was asked a couple of times if i was married!
I absolutly loved the authenticity of the decor. everything around the hotel was made of wood and there was no sign of plastic around! My room was excellent size and was cleaned everyday by the very creative houskeepers. The staff at reception were very friendly and checked on me frequently to make sure I was happy. They were so informal and friendly that I felt comfortable enough to sit in reception with them and check my emails!
I do have to say that this hotel isn't a 5 star hotel and there are many things that needs imrovement. For example the toilet sometimes smelt bad and made strange noises, and the latch on the window and door were broken. The breakfast was not very adventrous. However to be honest that didn't bother me because everything else, including the service, staff and the family -friendly location was perfect. I also met a lovely English/German family who took me under their wings and looked out for me since i was by myself.A very big thank you to the West family!

Just to add that there is a small citymarket 15 minutes drive from the hotel which i enjoyed visiting. please make sure u haggle alot because they will tripple the price for tourists. Don't pay more than 25 or 30 LE for a pashmina! There are also supermarkets 5 minutes away from the hotel, where you can buy drinks and snacks.There is also a cash point in the village which is very useful. I you need help there ask for Atef and Mahmoud who were fantastic at helping out and giving information!
Overall I am very happy with my experience at sayadeen. It is the best place i've been in Egypt. I hvae already persuaded friends to go back there with me!
A big thank you to all the staff at Sayadeen for an unforgetable experience.hope to see you soon!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of August 2010

Heaven on Earth

"i live in the most amazing place on earth 'Hawaii". i thought if i go left or right on earth i will not find a place has such beaches and nature like Hawaiian islands. till i came to sayadeen village and i found out that i was wrong. i searched even before i came to sayadeen and i found out that this area has the highest percentage of oxygen on earth.
Imagine ... amazing sandy beaches, clear turquoise sea, a delicious cocktail in my hand, the warmth of the sun on my face and very friendly people. Thesayadeen is a combination of breath takingly beautiful resort and a relaxing way of life. Because of this combination I love to travel to it again and again. A holiday in the sayadeen is the perfect way to leave your busy life behind you. Sit on a beach, enjoy the tranquility and the amazing views and just forget everything around you. Do some tours, have lunches and dinners in lovely restaurant and right on the beach fresh from the grill, and all what comes along with the amazing relaxing natural beauty."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of August 2010

Fantastic!

"We had a great stay here, superb, beautiful backdrop (Sinai mountains) and view of Saudi and a flat horizon in front. Very friendly and helpful staff, whom our children really got on with. Great towel art, again a winner with the children. Tiny bit of snorkelling from Sayadeen's beach, but good beaches for this further north after Nuweiba itself, namely Stone House beach (just past Hilton), Ras Sheetan, 25 mins taxi ride further north, and just before Ras Sheetan, beach hut accommodation run by German people, superb snorkelling straight from the beach and a chai shop, (take passports as id on these taxi rides, otherwise you might be turned back by a jobsworth at the checkpoint!). Good, clean food at Sayadeen Village, might get a bit monotonous after a while, but supplemented with things from nearby shops, all was fine. Our holiday was super peaceful and recharging (possibly partly as a result of the volcanic ash disrupting flights, there were very few other guests, but again this was fine with us) and we would definitely go back to Sayadeen Village again."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2010

Door to the haeven!

"We have just returned from our two-week stay at Sayadeen Village hotel and can honestly say that we weren't disappointed. Loved every minute of our stay there.We only had the room facing the sea.But WOW. I checked out their location before making the booking.And i had a picture in my mind of what to except.But when i got there it was better than what i expected.Absolutely 100% recommend this hotel - food, staff, rooms, beach - all amazing.We had a fantastic holiday and were overwhelmed by the friendliness of everyone (manager, housekeepers and waiters).
This hotel is a good base for doing a day trips to Jordan (Petra), Jerusalem, St. Katharina Monastyr, snoorkeling in Blue Hole in Dahab or romantic diner in Castle Zaman restaurant and probably many more.
I am very sure we will come back to Sayadeen Village hotel soon.

Thomas"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of July 2010

Fantastic beach with great snorkeling nearby - a lovely place.

Good

"We had an amazing time at Sayadeen Village and would recommend it to people who are not seeking the Sharm el Sheikh tourist experience.

Positive points:

* Beautiful setting with amazing views and surroundings.
* Tranquil beach with plenty of sun loungers.
* First class service and extremely helpful and courteous staff.
* You only need to tip at the end of your holiday as appropriate.
* Brilliant snorkeling only a 2 minute walk away (in front of the mosque).
* Clean environment.
* An authentic Egyptian experience.
* All rooms have a beach view.
* Rooms have air con and a fridge.
* You can have your meal at the waters edge if you ask.
* You meet some fantastic people.

Negative points:

* Our first room had a bad smell but you can change rooms upon request.
* The food can get very repetitive - especially if you are staying for 2 weeks. There isn't a lot of choice but it is still very nice.
* Huge tour groups randomly arrive for 1 or 2 days! This means that you can't get pancakes at breakfast time which is very annoying and have to settle for bread and jam. Even when we asked for pancakes they said "No."
* The taxis ordered from reception are at hugely inflated prices - you are better off sorting one out yourself by walking towards the port.

Top Tips:

* Go snorkeling outside the mosque and at "Pete's Reef."
* You can buy beers from the duty free shop near the port for your fridge.
* Get the bus up to Taba for a beautiful journey along the coast.
* The Blue Hole in Dahab is a good day trip. A taxi for the day including return trip should be 250 egyptian pounds.
* You can get a taxi up to Swiss Care and snorkel on their reef - this is fantastic.
* You can get fruit and water in the shops near the port.

Having said this, the negative points above do not stop you from having a great experience - just do not come here if you are looking for amazing food and luxury as it is not that kind of holiday. We had an amazing time and would definitely return."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of July 2010

A true gem at a great price

"We stayed 2 nights at the Sayadeen Village (also Al Sayadeen) and at first were quite concerned given we seemed to be the only guests. We have since learned that they get big bus groups that only stay one night often and we lucked out on an off night. The people are absolutely fantastic, the front counter staff either spoke poor or excellent English but we got what we needed. This place is gorgeous, the Red Sea is amazingly beautiful and they have beach chairs and a bar there for you to enjoy. We were a bit confused as to when to tip, we learned to tip as we go and not at the end as this will ensure the staff get the tips directly. It was a really nice place to stay and very good prices. I highly recommend it. If you are doing a day trip to Jordan, make sure you get there the day before or stay after to have time to enjoy the beach!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of June 2010

My Paradise

"Perfect in every way. Unspoiled by tourism. A great place to visit if you like to see the real culture. Staff were fantastic, helpful and respectful. Going for dinner when you are alone can be the most daunting, but hey ho room service when ever you like and for free. Need a taxi the manager will take you so you feel safer. There are organised trips if the mood takes you and on site quads for daily desert safari. I went to Egypt 4 times last year and stayed in five star all inclusive hotels. This far outways any of them. I was a little worried about how much i'd be ripped off as i was only staying half board . But like i say unspoiled probably paid a little more than the locals for everything but not by much. Towel art on your bed every day not just the last ,for a tip. If you have booked this holiday you have absolutly nothing to worry about. Enjoy every moment of a laid back chilled out, picture perfect couple of weeks and cherish it forever."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of April 2010

Hotels near Sayadeen Village Nuweiba

Stayed at Sayadeen Village Nuweiba? Share your insight.

Sayadeen Village Nuweiba is also called