Nuweiba Coral Resort

South Sinai, Nuweiba 46625 Egypt

Good

Sad to say but after 14 visits we will not return again!

Reviewed Mon 20th of August 2012

"It pains me to say that after returning last night from our 14th visit to what we once called our second home; unless there are drastic changes to this hotel and the way it is being run; that this will have been OUR LAT VISIT and I would strongly advise others to seriously think hard before spending the kind of money they are asking for what we found to be a total waste of money and apart from getting to see the staff we consider family everything else was either not working or not worth the money.
Now where do I start, no disco for 14 days the sounds system didn’t work and when it did there was nobody to work it, no kids club, we were told they would open it for my granddaughter but again there was nobody to manage it so it was a room not a kids club, the A la carte was as the called it broken! Not sure how a building can be broken or how a hotel with any business sense can shut there extra revenue source in peak season, but they did, Sammy; as always; did more than could be expected to help and laid on special meals in the restaurant and also one for my daughter on the beach but unfortunately Sammy doesn’t run the hotel!
The rooms were dirty and they needed telling to clean them and fix, lights, sinks etc the grounds; still lovely; but beginning to look unkempt and litter in the gardens stays for days without being cleaned up and the pool was filthy, I reported that the pool should be cleaned as it was full of paper and it wasn’t done!
The General Manager was on leave and the manager I spoke too to complain did get the rooms fixed but argued about other services treating us as if we were fools, especially with regard to the disco and kids club and basically said we were lying about them not being open and after explaining that we had check ourselves he seemed unable to confirm or explain his attitude.
Basically from what I can see the hotel is severely understaffed; and underfinanced, and I know numbers at the hotel are down; but if you let standards drop then when think pick up people wont return standards have dropped dramatically I paid a lot of money for the 6 of us to spend 2 weeks there and feel we should be compensated especially after 14 visits and a bowl of fruit wont make me change my mind!
And as to their comment that room booking were down all along the coast we had some friends and the Sofitel, which had previously had issues and the hotel was busy and from what we heard was excellent, maybe my holiday next summer will be there instead, and I sorry Sammy and all the other friends we have that work there but blame you management as we would love to return but to the Hilton that was not this overpriced 2 star hotel!

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2012

It was a rip off

Reviewed Mon 10th of January 2011

"Having booked an all inclusive package via the website, additional charges at check in for gala dinners on Christmas Eve and New Year's eve (35 and 140 US Dollars per person respectively), were out of order. Also on arrival found main swimming pool closed for maintenance without having received prior notification. Wine only served at lunch and dinner as part of all inclusive. Available in the bar at other times at exorbitant prices! Unusually during our stay it rained. The room flooded and had to be baled out. We had stayed at the resort in October 2009 and the difference in the offering was marked - a definite deterioration! Needless to say we won't be returning. What a rip off!"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of January 2011

Money is stolen from the safe in the rooms

Reviewed Fri 24th of December 2010

"Hilton Nuweiba is a hotel, where money is stolen from the safe in the rooms.At least 6 person in December 2010 were revealed the loss from the safes 35-100 $.
A staff in the hotel are not friendly and rude, especially in the restaurant.

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of December 2010

Perfect!

Reviewed Wed 27th of May 2009

"I went to the Hilton for a weeks relaxing break with my friend.
We were just looking for a total relax all inclusive in a beautiful setting which was exactly whats we got.
The staff were extremely friendly and not too pushy for tips.
Good range of entertainment in the evenings in the shell bar.
There was a good range of food which rotated on a weekly basis with a theme each night- this was fantastic for myself and (as a vegetarian) I found plenty to eat each day.
You could chill by the beach or the pool (the main pool was extremely cold though) and the second pool was where the water aerobics took place.
A range of sports throughout the day and activities were also provided.
Drinks were available for the majority of the day with alot of variety.
Rooms were spotless and cleaned thoroughly several times throughout the week.
Restuarant staff and hotel staff were fantastic, really polite.
I lost my camera throughout the holiday and the staff bent over backwards to help me find it and showed genuine concern until i found it.
Fantastic holiday! I would go back tomorrow!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of May 2009

Relax in a gorgeous setting

Reviewed Wed 8th of April 2009

"My partner and I stayed at the Tropicana Grand Azure in Jan '09. We enjoyed that holiday and fell in love with Egypt, but fancied something a little less informal and more relaxing..
After reading through many hotel reviews in Egypt, of which there are hundreds! Lots of them are not of a very high standard. We stumbled across the Hilton Nuweiba, all the reviews were good and it sounded exactly what we were after. So we booked through Thomas Cook... We departed on a Thursday and were warned on the plane that this was the most hectic day at Sharm airport they were not kidding... it was bedlam.. a lot more organisation is needed.Thank god we were not travelling with children, but in all fairness we were processed quite quickly.
We arrived at the resort about 9pm local time.. the welcome at the hotel was very warm,we were given cold towels and drinks immediately and were soon shown to our rooms. Which were very clean, although my partners face fell when he realised we only had a shower...
the food at the restaurants was plentiful and very tasty, we had no complaints about the variety or the quality of the food.
During the day we ate in the casa pesto Italian restaurant, fresh pasta and pizza cooked in front of you... we both loved it. Sat night is BBQ night and although a bit chilly when we were there, it was a nice experience.
Drinks are plentiful, service is very good. The waiters are more relaxed than they were in
Tropicana Grand Azure and we found this much nicer.
All inclusive on drinks ended at midnight, but to be fair after a long day we were tired by then anyway. The shell disco could be so much better if more people were aware of its existence, we always spent an hour or two in there... and maybe its busier in peak periods.
In our opinion if you are after a relaxed informal holiday then this is for you... and in the evening make your way down to the jetty that is lit up, the fish you see are amazing. The lion fish are a must see."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of April 2009

Peter and Caroline

Reviewed Mon 13th of October 2008

"We chose this hotel due to the high standard of previous reviews and tranquil setting.

It takes about 2 hours to drive through the Sinia mountains before arriving at the hotel which is fairly isolated with no adjacent hotels or walks. The hotel grounds are huge, very well maintained and very peaceful. The beach is great with plenty of beds and very large umbrella's to shade beneath. Dont expect snorkelling to the same standard as Sharm as there is no reef, however, being able to walk into the sea from a sandy beach is quite nice if you just need to cool down and splash about. Plenty of fish, just a bit more boring.

The staff are in the main great. Very polite and friendly. The rooms are large and clean. The air conditioning in our room was set to work on fan only without cooling the air, hence at nights the room was sometimes warmer than we would have liked.

The big dissapointment with the hotel is the food selection. We are not hyper critical types but the food is definitely in our opinion not 4 star. The selection was poor, and most dishes were warm not hot. We found very few dishes that we felt confident to eat without a degree of risk of upset tummy and mainly stuck to the few freshly cooked items from the hotplate. Hence our typical daily diet was omlettes for breakfast, pizza at lunch, soup and the main dish on the hotplate each night. We are glad we only stayed for a week.

The AbuLouLou restraunt did not have any visitors in the week we were there, hence we chose not to go there which was a shame as a change would have been nice.

In conclusion, a great hotel for a relaxing chilled week, just dont expect to put on any weight through over indulgence.

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2008

First visit to Egypt and first time on a...

Reviewed Wed 8th of October 2008

"First visit to Egypt and first time on a fully inclusive holiday.

We picked this hotel as we had wanted a chill holiday due to issues at home over the past 12 months and you certainly due chill out after 3 days we had lost track of days.

The hotel is 2 hours travel from Taba Airport, travelling time is mainly due to the quality of the road system!

The hotel is very isolated from any other facilities, if you want shops, restuarants etc. then its about a 40 minute taxi ride in either direction.

The hotel is of a good standard through out, our room which was on the bottom floor was very spacious with a 6' x 6' double bed, sofa, chairs, small table, loads of wardrobe and storage space, a good size toilet / shower room, air con at no extra charge, safe in the cupboard also at no extra charge, colour TV, Tea and Coffee making facilities and a fridge.

The rooms and the grounds are keep extremely clean and tidy at all times which makes it a pleasure it walk round the facilities at any time.

The beach is of a good standard however there is area's of stones to cross both on the beach and in the water. The beach parasols are generously spaced on the beach and you dont feel like your imposing on anyone else's space.
Kamel who supplies you with your beach towels, really looks after you from the time you arrive until the day you leave and its a pleasure to see some one so helpful without having to keep tipping.

In fact none of the staff at the hotel are looking for tips, they are all helpful throughout your stay and are always pleased to say hello etc. and have a short conversation.

The beach does have a limited amount of water activities available but I think there is something to meet all persons requirements.

There is a dive school on site which was well used by persons during our stay.

The hotel has a selection of 6-8 lock up shops but these are mostly for holiday presents etc. no supermarket / store on site and the nearest pharmacy is in the port which is about a 5-10 minute taxi ride away.

There is entertainment during the day but its very repetative, the entertaiment at night is very poor and if your going looking for a heady night life then sorry this hotel / location is not the place for you. If your looking for drink after your evening meal sitting around the pool etc. its ideal for you. We didn't try the disco so I cant make any comments on this facility.

I have to say that both my wife and I were extremely disappointed with the standard of food in the main resturant which is buffet style.
Breakfast was great but unfortunately we found the lunches and dinners very bland and repetative something that you dont want when your stopping at a location for 2 weeks. We weren't expecting UK 4 star meals but we were expecting a lot better than what was presented.

The pizza / pasta resturant is good for lunch but it's the same menu in the evening as at lunch time and its the same everyday but this shuts early on in the evenings.

We didn't try the resturant on the beach which was not included in the exclusive package but a number of people we talked to commented very highly on the food etc. but there you would be looking out around about £25-40 per couple dependant on what you had.

There is a doctor actually on the hotel complex who is on call 24 hours a day, unfortunately my wife had to use his services but all we can say is that the service we received from him was excellent throughout.

All the staff are excellent at this hotel and they all have a pride in their apperances and the apperance of the hotel.

The one major problem with the hotel is the food, not the standard, just the bland and repetative nature of the meals.

• Travel date: Wed 8th of October 2008

Just returned from the best holiday ever...

Reviewed Fri 1st of February 2008

"Just returned from the best holiday ever. It was our first visit to Egypt and we were amazed by how beautiful it was. The staff truly made the holiday, always laughing and smiling and working so hard. Your dirty plate didn't stay on the table for more than a few seconds and a new drink was there as soon as you finished one.
The food variety is amazing, and you can eat virtually every hour of the day, (which wasn't good for the waist-lines!)
Everything is well layed out, so you never feel cramped. Staff are constantly cleaning, polishing and gardening. Not a leaf out of place. The beach is so comfortable with beds, mattresses, pillows and towels.
The cleaner made some fantastic out-of-this world creatures which were great to come back to each day.
The pier on the private beach was the most idyllic place in the world - every night we walked down it and watched the millions of fish in the water lit up beneath.
We were surprised by how cold it got at night - definately recommend a jumper!
Will definately be returning to Hilton Nuweiba for another relaxing holiday asap!

• Travel date: Fri 1st of February 2008

We stayed at the Hilton Coral Resort for...

Reviewed Tue 8th of January 2008

"We stayed at the Hilton Coral Resort for a week all inclusive. First impressions were not good as the hotel didn't seem to have the 'Hilton' standard. The room was a bit dated as were the bar and reception area.

The first morning revealed a great looking resort, very green and spacious. The breakfast was of Hilton standard and what a selection there was.

What can I say about the beach...fantastic? The soft sand and amazing water was stunning. The fish and the coral was just fascinating. At night part of the water is lit up and you can see the fish from the jetty.

The food was of a very good standard and there was a wide variety of choice. There was also the option of Italian or fish restaurant which served food to a great standard.

The entertainment was mixed but it would depend if you are really interested in that sort of thing. We were not that bothered.

My parents came with us on the holiday and have recently returned to the resort due to the great beach and food. They said that the rooms have been updated and that the resort is still of a high standard. They also said that the customer service would be hard to beat.

A great holiday. I would go back tomorrow."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

Me and my other half, who are both in ou...

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2007

"Me and my other half, who are both in our mid 20 stayed at the Hilton Coral last year and absolutely loved it, it was really romantic.

The hotel was gorgeous, the room very large and clean and the food fantastic. We especially liked the Italian restaurant where you could create your own pizza (very tasty) but the buffet breakfast was also very good with a huge choice.

The staff were friendly and polite and could not do enough for you, the maids made various decorations, such as swans and hearts, out of towels which were left on our bed for when we returned from the beach or pool each day.

Snorkelling is fantastic (be careful of the lion fish). I can recommend taking a walk up the beach along the jetty at night to see the lion fish swimming on top of the water looks cool with the moonlight shining on them.

We also visited the pyramid's which was amazing, almost life changing! It was an experience we will never forget.

Egypt is unforgettable and we loved every minute.

We will be going back and when we do it will definitely be to stay at the Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

If anyone wants paradise on earth then t...

Reviewed Tue 5th of June 2007

"If anyone wants paradise on earth then this is the place for you. Words just cannot express the feeling of complete luxury you receive mainly due from the staff there.

Absolutely nothing is too much trouble and they go out of their way to make you feel special.

The food is absolutely marvellous and the chef greets you personally every day.

The weather is guaranteed and the hotel is beautiful.

The rooms are spotless and the room boys make sure that your every needs are catered for.

Romance, excitement, and care are all at the Coral Hilton."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

Well where do I start? I first visited t...

Reviewed Sun 25th of June 2006

"Well where do I start? I first visited this hotel in august 2003, and since then we have come back every year! And are returning this year in the summer.

I highly recommend this hotel to people of all ages, being 16, I am used to going out and partying, this hotel offers a disco for the younger generation ranging from about 15-20 and I can guarantee you will have a great time! There is also live entertainment for the adults, which I hear is also highly enjoyable. The hotel has recently been refurbished and looks a great deal better than how it used to, me and some friends I had made got to paint some of the hotel as we were walking back from the disco at 3.30AM! Which was great!

The hotel is totally relaxing and the staff are so friendly! You are never bored on this holiday as there is always something to do, on 2 occasions dolphins swam up to the hotel and everybody went into the sea to swim with them which was a great experience. The atmosphere of the hotel is out of this world and everyone is so friendly, a word of warning though the all-inclusive stops at 12am! So stock up on drinks beforehand as you have to pay for them otherwise and when the disco closes at 3.30am/4.am it can be quite a pain.

I can guarantee you will have an amazing holiday and I am really looking forward to my return visit."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of June 2006

Hotels near Nuweiba Coral Resort

Stayed at Nuweiba Coral Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Nuweiba Coral Resort

• Monrich73 by Monrich73

"Unles they make serious changes I would not book this hotle "

• Debs and Jay by Debs and Jay

"Nuweiba is really in the middle of nowhere... you can get a taxi to the local town. "

• Unhappy guest by Unhappy guest

"Find an alternative diving destination resort "

• lauraj1989 by lauraj1989

"Go!!! Fantastic hotel!!!! I "

Nuweiba Coral Resort is also called