Nakhil Inn and Dream - Nuweiba

Tarabeen Bay, Nuweiba 46618 Egypt

Heaven on Earth

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Nakhil Inn is definitely one of the best experiences I've had in my life!
it's one of those places where you wish you can never go home and stay there forever.
it's very clean, neat, warm, comfy & relaxing in an indulging way.

the staff there are extremely friendly and smiling in your face all the time, giving you the sense of home and even better..HEAVEN!

i'd definitely go back as soon as possible. everyone should have this experience."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of October 2009

Tranquility and relaxation

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We spent an afternoon at Nakhil Inn in July 2008 and came back for 10 days in November, followed by another 15 in July 2009. The welcome you get at Nakhil is wonderful, it's like going home after being away for a long time.

The staff are amazing, friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. There are plenty of sunbeds and shade on the beach and it has to be one of the most tranquil places in Egypt. The rooms are large and comfortable, equipped with a full size fridge, tv, tea and coffee making facilities and plug in mosquito repellents. The sea is safe and shallow with an off shore umbrella so you can lounge in the shade, in the water, if you fancy a change from the beach. If you go out a bit further you can snorkel on the reef and further still is the Japanese Garden, which is full of colourful fish and coral.

The food is beautifully presented and it is well worth trying the Egyptian dishes. The portions are huge and we rarely managed to finish a meal, but the resident friendly dogs and cats were always willing to help out! The rose wine is highly recommended. The chef will cook you anything at anytime or make you a sandwich if that is what you want.

The on site dive centre houses Sinai Dolphin Divers who we have regularly dived with for the last 5 years (they are also based at The Sonesta Taba where we first met them). Dolphin Divers introduced us to Nakhil Inn and we haven't been back to The Sonesta to stay since as we were so impressed with how peaceful Nakhil is. These guys have provided some of the best dives we have ever had and we have been diving all round the world. They are laid back and great fun and an absolute pleasure to dive with.

From Nakhil you can walk along the beach to Nuweiba passing various restaurants and shops on the way. It is well lit at night and the locals are very friendly.

If you want to go on excursions they will arrange them for you and can also arrange airport taxis.

We always leave Nakhil Inn relaxed and rested (and reluctant to go!) and wondering when we can go back. It is hard to leave such lovely people behind. Looking forward to our next stay."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of September 2009

Paradise

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"As my wife and I visit Sharm el Sheikh regularly we decided to explore further afield. Having been told what a wonderful and tranquil place Nuweiba is we decided to go and find out for ourselves . We found Nakhil Inn through an internet search and booked our stay. We had some email exchanges with Samer the owner before we went, and he was always exceptionally friendly and helpful. Upon our arrival at Nuweiba he sent a car to collect us and take us to the hotel. We were instantly made to feel welcome by the friendly staff and shown our room as soon as we arrived. The tranquility and sociable ambiance was instantly apparent . Our room was spacious and clean and the sea view from the balcony was excellent. The food was plentiful, delicious, and always freshly cooked, and the relaxed atmosphere meant we could eat at a table on the beach or in the resturant. Samer takes time out to chat to all guests, many of whom join him on snorkeling trips just off the beach, or playing tennis or volleyball. The concept is really not so much a 'corporate' hotel, but feels more like a relaxing houseparty with friends. All the guest chat to each other and there is a policy of calling everyone by their first name rather than Mr & Mrs. The beach is quiet and relaxing - at night you can sit in one of the bedouin tents and look at the moon rising over the mountains and the stars in the sky. We have found our place in the sun for relaxation and enjoyment, so much so that we have already booked to return in a few months time. I know this will be a place that we will return to again and again. I would highly recommend it to anyone - its a little bit of paradise and a great place to go and recharge your batteries and completely relax."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of September 2009

amazing vacation! we love it here!!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We had the most wonderful time!
we were so happy we have picked this place, what a cool spot!

place was beautiful, clean & comfortable and very private (the were very few people around in the area...)
felt like we had the place to our own - perfect relaxation!

the crew were super friendly, Samer (the owner) was so kind and friendly (took us for snorkeling the reef) and made us feel as our second home (in his words).
rooms were nice, ac, wireless internet, sea view balcony...
food was ok... - breakfast buffet was nothing to tell back home but dinner by the beach was romantic and tasty (fish was good).

beach was perfect... the next-to-the-beach sunshade/hut was even more... :)

overall this place is amazing, beautiful beach (sandy/rocky), quiet, clean, great value for a great vacation.

we loved it!! definitely gonna be back here soon (as we can make it...)"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of September 2009

A Romantic Hideaway

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Having booked for just one night, I wished I had been able to stay longer. Greeted by the congenial host Samer, given a glass of orange juice and a conducted tour, I was struck by how homely the place was, starting with reception (don't be put off that the exterior is not very impressive from the front). But the 'wow' factor is stepping through reception onto the beach, opposite the mountains of Saudi. There are plenty of sunshades, loungers, hammocks and Bedouin seating areas with cushions.
I think we had one of the best rooms - right on the beach, ground floor. Simple but clean and well equipped. One tip - use the provided mosquito net, we didn't and regretted it.

We didn't eat dinner, but saw that other guests did, but if breakfast (Egyptian style) is typical of the food thendinner would have been good.

The clientele were divers (there is a small dive school in the hotel) and sort of middle aged hippies, of all nationalities, and after they had eaten they built a campfire and proceeded to play guitar and sing. The atmosphere was lovely.

The hotel is at the north tip of Tarabeen bay, well away from the noise and light pollution from Nuweiba city.

There are several dogs and cats who live on the beach, and while they are not owned by the hotel, the kitchens and the guests feed them and they are not discouraged, which is jolly nice to see. The dogs are all very friendly and come for a bit of fuss.

What a gem."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of April 2009

It's my second home - I have been there at least 12 times in 5 years!

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"Came here first time in 2005 with my Yoga-group - fell in love with this charming place! The owner and his team do everything to make you discover the beauties of Sinai (desert trips, great snorkeling and diving) and literally read up your wishes from the eyes - the service of the crew is excellent and personal in the most friendly way. Everybody here really cares for your needs! Rooms (with nice bathrooms) are very good and clean, great breakfast and good food whenever you are hungry...not to forget great music matching the place and different moods. I first came for Yoga 5 years ago and return since then whenever possible, alone or with friends - it's always been extremly nice and relaxing and I am looking forwards to next time...."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of April 2009

incredible meeting experience

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Nakhil catered to our needs, we had 20 people from 6 countries and all went perfectly well. We are now considering making Nakhil an annual spot for us!
Great snorkelling right on location, terrific dive center also on location and great experience from staff in the 2 major attractions, desert and sea!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of March 2009

What a great place for relaxation and adventure

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Came to Nakhil on the recommendations of a friend and it has surpassed my expectations. I needed just a relaxing break and that is what I got. The staff are charming and nothing is too much trouble. They even worked out exactly what I liked for breakfast after the 2nd day. My room was very spacious, plenty of cupboards, drawers etc for sorting stuff. Lovely balcony to catch the morning sun on.
The chef produces great dinners - you can have Egyptian food or more international fare - again nothing is too much trouble.

Samer - the owner - has an infectious sense of fun. So I was soon involved in snorkelling adventures - Nakhil has a great reef right on it's doorstep. - journeys into the mountains and even an intro dive.

Liket the whole experience so much that I ended up extending my trip and will definitely be back again very soon."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of March 2009

paradise

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"this is a little paradise on earth

i can live here forever not just a holiday ,with that lovely home family friendly atmosphere and perfect service ,no words to express

susan morris"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of November 2008

I loved it here

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"This hotel is simple, beautiful and very friendly. Set right on the beach in Tarrabin (Nuweiba), each room has its own chrming individual style. Kept to a high standard of cleanliness but simply styled, using nature. The hospitable staff can not do enough for you.
There is a relaxing games room with free pool table, DVD's, music, comfy sofas and games.
The only downside is the trek over the reef to swim, the owner has eased this with the free loan of surfboards to paddle out on, and marked a route with a line to minimise reef damage.
I loved staying here as it is a welcome break from all the hussle and noise of Sharm el Sheikh. You will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2008

Hotels near Nakhil Inn and Dream - Nuweiba

Stayed at Nakhil Inn and Dream - Nuweiba? Share your insight.

Nakhil Inn and Dream - Nuweiba is also called