Carols Beau Rivage

Agiba Rd. El Obayed Bay Al Kasr District, Mersa Matruh Egypt

Good

Never Again!!

"In this "5" star hotel not even the water is free!! They charge you to bring ice to the room!! The service is horrible!! The staff is not qualified to run a 5 star hotel. The rooms do not meet the requirements expected for a 5 star hotel. The "white" towels were stained! The pool towels were worn out and they strictly only give you one per card!! The breakfast was ok, but we paid so much for a horrible dinner! The pasta was not good and the selection very limited! Poor room service!! Should not be a 5 star hotel, whoever is doing the classification should look into all this so important details before posting it as a 5 star hotel and messing up people's vacation. We were willing to pay a high price for a 5 star hotel who provide the service expected, but it was truly a dissapointment!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of August 2010

I would never stay there again!!

"This hotel needs a lot to improve for the amount of money that is charging. Management need to learn to provide better service.... When we arrived at the hotel, we had to wait for somebody to come and get the luggage. We were two parties and when somebody finally appeared we had to take the luggage from the car ourselves, while this guy helped the other party. I knew then that the service in this "5" star hotel was not what we expected! The food was not great, in fact the pasta was horrible.... Their section very limited. Again the service in the dinner room was terrible. We had to tAke the napkins from other tables because to find a waitress was not easy and when we found one they took forever even for one soda. At the pool you could only get one towel per card and the towels were so old and discusting that we had to buy our own. The people at the pool area did nothing for us. We requested an iron and they replied that they had the service not the iron, but the other party that was with us in a different Room got an iron. Room service was horrible.... They either did not picked up the phone or took forever to bring the stuff that we requested. Oh! Amanzingly to bring the ice to your room there's a charge, so no even the ice is free. I have stayed in 3 stars hotels that provided better service that Carols. I truly do not know how they got 5 stars. They catered mostly Italians and maybe they pay group rates cheaper and they may find it ok, but for the price that we paid it was truly a dissapoinment. We stayed at Fairmont in Cairo days before Carols, we paid less and the experience was unforgettable. The service expectacular, luxury everywhere, a truly 5 star hotel. Management should visit Fairmont to learn how to treat guess and to learn about what truly service means!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of August 2010

if you are an arab or muslim do not stay @ the hotel... They dicreminate aagainst muslim women

"when i went to the swimming pool in my berkini which is aproved by the olymbics they refused saying that it is offending to the italian guests and not approved by the egyptian ministry of tourism., which is a LIE as i have stayed @ the ritz in sharm, jaz, and jw marriot.
when i spoke to the foriegn italian manager, he hung up the phone as i am speaking... I checked out for discrimination in an islamic country."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of August 2010

Friendly Staff

"Just came from vacation and it was first time to go to Marsa Matrouh, I surprised that we have such a nice place like Carols in Matrouh ,
Fantastic view and very friendly staff."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of April 2010

Best Holiday ever

"I was there with my wife and we was not sure what to expect but I have to say we had the best Holiday ever. The wheater, beach, service, food was just exellent and I plan alreaddy to came back next year with all my friends. Our room was really nice and allways clean. The beach was just great I cant discribe it even in words. All the staff did their best to satisfie us and we really enjoyed all our Holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of September 2009

never go there

"It is disappointed to go such a far distance to deal with very non-qualified hotel staff .At first they requested 80%(nearly full payment) 3 weeks before the date of vacation and spent a lot of time to know that I already did that .All inclusive act is very joky (so never do it) as you are legible to pay for most things even water.Any good food must be paid for and all the hotel advertise about selection of paid foods and drinks??!.When I called the manager(Mr Ehab) he ignored my compliants and called me these are our regulations..?"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of June 2009

Hotels near Carols Beau Rivage

Stayed at Carols Beau Rivage? Share your insight.

Carols Beau Rivage is also called