Utopia Beach Club

20 km south of El Quseir, Marsa Alam 84733 Egypt

Good Destination for our Group

"We took a group of about 20 persons to Utopia for a combination retreat and seminar. We had several requests, a healthier accompaniment for the tea and to include a few more vege/vegan dishes in the open buffet. We got the complete package and superior rooms for a reasonable rate.

The staff was very accommodating for our meeting room needs and graciously made room changes for those in the group who wanted to stay nearer the sea. All the staff were friendly and helpful no matter what our request.

There are a lot of activities for children so families should enjoy Utopia.

Polling our group, they enjoyed the rooms, the food, the setting and water. We definitely would consider returning to Utopia another time.

• Travel date: Fri 6th of June 2014

Super friendly and relaxing

"We chose Utopia for our first holiday as a family with our seven month old baby and it was perfect. Great and varied facilities all within easy reach, friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us.
The range of swimming pools and the accessibility of the beach made us feel like we were in a different resort each day. The water slides are a source of fun for people of all ages (and great white noise to keep the baby asleep). The food is great and there was so much choice it also provided us a great opportunity to let the baby try a range of things.
We were the only English residents (it was low season) so we had a great time meeting people from other countries and it was nice to be a novelty for once.
The snorkelling just off the beach is also incredible. We had never seen such a beautiful array of fish so close to the shore.
The rooms are huge and well built and most have a balcony overlooking the grounds or the sea. Ours had both.
There is activity in the evenings but if you want a quiet, early night, that's also possible.
There is a mini bus to the nearest town twice a week so we were also able to get a flavour of the local culture outside of a paradisical tourist resort. "

• Travel date: Wed 6th of March 2013

I love Utopia.

"I visited Utopia in April 2011 on a trip to go diving for the first time. Everything about my stay there was wonderful.

The location was stunning and peaceful. The hotel was lovely and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I think about going back every day because I loved my stay so much.

And if that isn't enough, the dive centre was the icing on the cake. I had never been diving before and was very nervous about going. I had only learned to swim this year and still had a lot of anxiety about being in the water. They were patient, calm, and supportive.

I have told all my friend about this place and am already planning a trip back. "

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2011

Extreme relaxation.

"After spending a few days in one of the huge, yobbo infested establishments up in Hurghada we headed down to Utopia, which, although a decent size itself, actually felt pleasantly quaint! It was MUCH quieter than Hurghada and the food was infinitely better. I have no illusions about large scale buffet catering but, actually, the food here was good and varied. As well as the usual european fare there was a great vegetarian selection and a respectable Egyptian choice. The resort is on a hill and has a few picturesque nooks and crannies which give it the air of an old Arabic souk. The staff were friendly and the dive team exceptional. The walk in reef has a fantastic range of dives and is in great condition compared to those further north. I'll be back!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of June 2011

Amazing time in Paradise

"Well what can I say about Utopia... it is, Utopia! A paradise here on earth. Well, a little over the top maybe but when my wife and I first booked here we were taking a bit of a flyer. We have two small children and the facilities for them as well as the opportunity to go diving were what attracted us to this resort. Right from the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome by the friendly and attentive staff. The family room was great with a separate adjoining room for the kids (so we got to spend time some alone!!!) and everyday the animation team had something new for our little ones to get up to.
The food was great with a mind boggling choice of both Egyptian and European dishes.
I went diving a few times with the onsite dive centre and although I'm not massively experienced this was without a doubt the most spectacular underwater experience I've ever had.
I have read a few negative reports here about this hotel but it seems that Utopia is recently under new management and it looks like they have really got their act together.
Thanks to everyone at Utopia and we'll be back next year!
Steven and Vanessa

• Travel date: Wed 7th of October 2009

My family horoughly enjoyed the two week...

Good

"My family horoughly enjoyed the two weeks we have just spent in this beautiful hotel, the room was basic but clean and tidy, the restaurant was lovely and most of the staff were very friendly. The location is fabulous for those like us who want peace and quiet although it is in the middle of nowhere. Our only gripe was the food, not the type of food as that was what we were expecting, but the quality was not good, most of the time it was freezing cold or had been left out too long. Overall though we had a fantastic time and look forward to hopefully returning there next year."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2008

The rooms are fine, the pools are nice,...

"The rooms are fine, the pools are nice, they opened the new reception while we were there, which is better, however the food was terrible, I am not a fussy eater at all.
If there was anything half edible they only ever made one tray and didnt replace it.
There really isnt anything for children to eat, on the last day when the new part of the hotel opened, they moved the restaurant indoors, there was some new equipmeent in there so maybe the food will improve, they also served burger and chips at the top pool bar, but dont know if this was a one off. They are really stingy with alcoholic drinks, serving a quarter of an inch of wine at a time, which meant you had to keep going to the bar. Boring. In the end we got so fed up, we bought a bottle of wine and some cans
of lager for our meal from the bar. I was ill from the 3rd day of the holiday with the squits. The entertainment wasnt to bad, but they are very persistant you keep joining in
which did get annoying when you just want to read a book. In the middle of no where
no where else to eat or buy alcohol, just a small shop that sells overpriced crisps and sweets. 6 or 7 souvenier shops that all work in euros, so if you have egyption pounds
be careful you dont get done on thecurrency transfer as we did. Had a relaxing time
though, 6 hours by coach and taxi to luxor, interesting journey though. Be aware all
taxi drivers drive like maniacs. Went to alquesier - not worth the trip, full of title tattle
shops waiting to rip you off, quite slumish. If you go on any trips dont bother with the breakfast box, dire in fact open it then offer it to the receptionist and watch his face! so
great for snorkelling, lovely weather, hotel ok, pool water warm, food dire and dont expect to get drunk on the measly measures.

• Travel date: Thu 5th of June 2008

this hotel was a nightmare, it looks nic...

"this hotel was a nightmare, it looks nice but the hygiene was very poor, if any.
the food was cold and everyone was very ill.
this hotel is in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do.
if i was given this holiday for free i would say NO.....
i need a holiday to recover from this one.
the other review must be false............

• Travel date: Sat 17th of May 2008

For the second year my wife and I enjoye...

Good

"For the second year my wife and I enjoyed two excellent weeks in this friendly hotel.From the reception area ,bar staff,restuarant to beach ,animation team,divers everyone made us so welcome.Planning to take our daughter and partner for Christmas and New Year. Only downside was seeing so many people ignoring requests not to walk on the coral,why not utilise the diving fraternity topatrol the area .The coral and the sea is the lifeblood of the region and could be in danger.In Turkey the Turtle beach is well protected by frequent patrols to stop the unwitting from crushing the nesting areas."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of March 2008

What a fantastic hotel, is all I can say...

"What a fantastic hotel, is all I can say.

The accommodation was very clean and quite basic.

The all inclusive food and drinks were brilliant and the staff could not do enough for you. Our kids never struggled to find something to eat.

When the bar man was quiet he would bring your drinks over to you when you were by the pool.

The location is outstanding and beautiful and the sea and reefs full of bright fish are to die for. But be warned like most of the hotels in Marsa Alam you are in the middle of nowhere. We had 2 children with us and we just went for a relaxing holiday so it was perfect for us but if you want hustle and bustle of shops then this is not the place for you. You can however travel to Luxor in less than 2 hours where you can experience some of the most amazing things in the world.

None of us had dodgy tummy’s in the whole two weeks, I added this because we have been to Egypt several times to supposed 5* hotels and had complaints.

The entertainment was OK, perhaps could do with a little tweaking but all round it was great.

• Travel date: Fri 4th of January 2008

The rooms are quite large and clean. Foo...

Good

"The rooms are quite large and clean. Food usually good, did NOT go hungry, can also use the facilities at the Pensee next door(a little more up market). Waiters most good but some sloppy.

Beach fabulous!!! snorkelling superb, but watch the tide on outer reef!!! Inside the outer reef is almost a lagoon and swimming in a fish tank!

However if you snorkel PLEASE do NOT use fins within the lagoon, you will crush the coral and go too fast to see the beauty beneath you, use soft beach shoes as coral is SHARP!

PLEASE KEEP OFF THE CORAL SAVE IT!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of December 2007

Hotels near Utopia Beach Club

Stayed at Utopia Beach Club? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Utopia Beach Club

• jneergaard by jneergaard

"If you like night life, you will find it there. If you would rather sleep early, stay near the lodge, not the beach where all the action is. "

Utopia Beach Club is also called