Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort and Club

Madinat Makadi, Safaga Road Madinat Makadi P.O. Box 178, Makadi Bay, Hurghada Egypt

Almost great.

"It's the first time I'm experiencing a "All inclusive" hotel, and I must admit that this one saved me a lot of the clichés you get when anticipating this king of lodging facilities.
The rooms were great (the dolby surround effect" is amazing), food was absolutely satisfying, in variety and quality, people from the hotel were usually nice, rarely reluctant to help you, pools and facilities perfect, the nights were quiet and the animations uninvasive.
I have only one negative thing to say: the bar near the pool was not up to the standards of the restaurant, for exemple. Personnel too limited for the numerous clients (the served every bottle of water drinked in this hotel, every drink needed by the people spending the whole day near the pool, and enough cocktails to satisfy the german and russian clients ready to push out the limits of an all inclusive. The varity of the drinks was poor, especially in the juice category, more than artificial and chemical. This critic could yet be more implified for the drink palapa at the beach. Desastrous.
But even if I took a lot of time to describe this only weakness, I must admit that the rest was marvelous and that I had a wonderful stay at Makadi Oasis."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of July 2007

Well worth a visit

"We spent a wonderful week at Iberotel Makadi Oasis in March.

Hotel itself was lovely set in a large complex of 2/3 storey buildings, 2 big pools and lots of open space. The staff were very friendly, reception always very helpful. Our room was lovely. Had a queensize bed and lots of room, with a terrace opening onto the main pool. Everywhere was very clean, staff were cleaning all day.

We used the restaurant by the main reception. Breakfast was always good, with choice of whatever you could think of. A nice little extra on your table was a daily news sheet with the latest news and details of activities for the day and night. Lunch and evening meal again, lots of choice, and most nights there was a barbecue outside cooking meat that was lovely.

Pool bar good too with a pizza bar with yummy pizzas cooked to order. Lovely ice-cream too.

Drinks were ok, if you're not fussed about specific brands. The gin tasted a bit like vodka and vice-versa. But who cares when it's free!

Beach was a short walk through another hotel grounds, but well worth it. Again very clean with a snack bar for your needs. The corals in Macadi Bay are fantastic for snorkling. We went out on a boat trip, but the next day found corals in the bay which, when snorkling, you could think you were in a tropical fish tank there were so many fish. It was fantastic and on your doorstep, you didn't have to swim miles to get to it and didn't have to go mega deep either. Don't book your trips through your holiday rep, book them on the beach, you will save loads and the boat trip we went on was excellent. Must say fish were better in bay than those we saw at locations where the boat took us but it was a really good day out, food was excellent, and it was an experience.

Animation team didn't pester you. There was entertainment every night, not brilliant but we never have been anywhere where we could say it was brill.

Would definately recommend going to the Spa in the resort, we had an Adam and Eve massage and it was brilliant. Make sure you book it for the evening, when it is dark ,as you will then have the benefit, like we did, of the stars above us which just added to the experience.

Never ventured out other than the boat trip which was from our beach so can't comment on outside the resort.

We went to totally chill and that's what we did, and came back with lovely tans, feeling very relaxed and rested."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2007

Very good value for money

"We stayed at the Makadi Oasis for one week in early March 2007.

I had never been on an all-inclusive holiday before and was a little apprehensive, with images of naff hotels with dreadful food as was the norm in 1960s Costa Brava.

In fact the Makadi Oasis was fantastic. The hotel has large grounds with two swimming pools (one heated), an outside bar, two restaurants and gardens. It is also part of a larger complex with more hotels (including the Iberotel Makadi Beach), restaurants at which a payment of 10 euros allows you a three course meal, shops, and the beach.

The hotel is spotless, with staff cleaning the communal areas continually. The food was varied and very good - a wide range of salads, fruit, hot courses, and even BBQs on most days. The only thing missing was a good selection of cold meats and cheeses, but (the former particularly) is unlikely to be found anywhere in this area. The drinks, including the usual soft-drinks (branded, e.g coca-cola) are all included, with beer (very good), red wine (OK), white and rose wine (not OK) easily available in the restaurant and at the pool bar. There are also free pizzas and other snacks available by the pool, and cake is brought around at 4pm.

The hotel has good gym and sporting facilities, and a wide-range of activities. The only thing to note is the clientele has typically been German and Russian, so German is more widely spoken than English, though the staff speak reasonable English and I suspect over time this will improve. The entertainment for children, however, I think was in German. For adults it tended to be just a singer, belting out English (or American) classics, and was very low key.

The beach is about 3-5 mins walk away, and is also clean and has bar facilities.

Finally the hotel is remarkable value. We paid about £80 a night, which for three meals and all the facilities was remarkable. Staff do not seem to expect tips (something which worried me) except the people who carried your suitcases to the room.

Not really any but a few things to note. Makadi Bay is a Disneyland style invented resort, and so there is very little to do outside of the hotel. You are about 20 miles from Hurghada itself, so you would need to get a taxi or the 5 euro hotel bus service.

The weather in Jan/Feb/Mar is not always brilliant, we had some cloudy days even in March.

Although tipping is not widely expected, it is handy to have some euros with you for this purpose. Egyptian money is accepted, but euros are preferred."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of March 2007

Makadi Oasis

"I have recently returned from The Iberotel Makadi Oasis hotel and having been to the Carribean a few times and being thoroughly spoilt I thought that it would be hard to find somewhere that I liked as much.

Overall I found this an excellent hotel.

I booked and travelled with Thomson holidays. The flight and transfer went without a hitch. The airport tax/visa on entering Hurghada airport was £10/person.

It was dark when we arrived so I couldn't see much of the surrounding area during the 30 minute coach transfer. On arrival, it was very organised with almost regimental style. The whole party on "newbie" holiday makers are sat in the reception and the goings on of the hotel were explained to he group. Not what I have been used to in the past but saved the queueing for keys etc.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The food was satisfactory. If you are going for top class food then my advice would not to go to an all inclusive, buffet style service. I travelled with my 10 year old son who can be picky but I can honestly say that there was something suitable for us both at every meal. Freshly cooked pizza, sandwiches, cakes and ice cream were served at the pool bar. We didn't get upset tums at all. The drink was available all day around the pool and on the beach. Alcohol, soft and hot drinks.
The evening entertainment is very low key. There was a live singer in reception 4-5 nights out of my 7 night stay and there was a nice relaxed atmosphere. If you want shows etc then this isn't the place to go.
There is a disco attached to the hotel which I didn't go to. I was in block 1 and I could hear the faint boom boom of the music when I went to bed. If you are a light sleeper then I would recommend that you request a room near ro reception. the downfall of the disco was at 3 am every night I was woken by people that are inconsiderate and talk and slam doors on their return from a night out. To be fair though, the doors are impossible to close quietly.

My only thing that did not match to the Carribean was the beach. Iscomparison to the soft white sands of the Dominican republic, Makadi bay could not matchit. The sand is course under foot, the water was cold at the moment and you need to wear shoes in the water as it is a little uncomfy on your feet. Having said that, i understand that the snorkelling is very good and there are fish to see if you brave the cold water. My son had a scuba diving lesson (additional cost) and absolutely loved it. In comparison to other all inc resorts the facilities are limited i.e no kayaks, wind surfers etc but in comparison to other resorts, I paid half as much money!

The other thing of note is that the clientelle is predominantly Russian and German.

So all in all a very pleasant holiday. Would I return? To Egypt, Yes definitely. I would not return to this resort as I like to try new places but I would certainly recommend this hotel to others."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of March 2007

Excellent Hotel and wonderful service

"Excellent hotel, with superb food, service and weather.

The location is great for a sun based holiday as the weather is amazing, however as a base for things to do it remains in the early stages of developing, in particular catering for the English visitor; and the nearest major resort of Hurghada, some 30mins away by shuttle bus, is going to need significant imprvement if the current range of construction continues.

All in all a wonderful holiday, and a superb place to stay for the best that an All-inclusive has to offer - but i would hesitate returning to the resort until the range of retail development improves."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of February 2007

Fantastic relaxing holiday

"Stayed here over the last week of January to get some winter sun, and thankfully, got exactly that.
It was lovely and warm, although a bit cooler in the evenings, (it is wise to pack some jumpers!) and the hotel was beautiful and relaxing. Nice large pool though not heated overly, takes you a few minutes to get your self into the pool but nice none the less. Rooms were great and just what you needed, the food was fine and catered for everybodies needs, and the staff were brilliant, especially a rather helpful waiter called Eid, cant do enough for you.
Over all brilliant for a winter destination and wouild recomend the hotel and definately stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of February 2007

Excellent resort with great staff

"We went to Makadi Oasis hotel for a quick break to escape the UK winter
it was an excellent resort with great staff and super clean. The food is very good with a wide choice of dishes. The hotel does cater for mostly German and Russian tourist but I am sure it will be popular with all holidaymakers and would go there again I an instant. A big thanks to everyone at the resort for making our stay an even better experience."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of January 2007

Super Hotel ..... Recommended !!

"We went to Makadi Oasis hotel for Christmas and New year (2006/07).
It was a super holiday there, and would go there again.
The hotel was kept exceptionally clean and tidy, early in the morning there was a small army of cleaners out in the hotel grounds.
The rooms are average size, but again kept very clean.
Staff are very friendly and give excellent service, (look out for a waiter called "Sameh" he is a great guy, and will serve you very well.
Food was very good, local and International dishes served daily.
I was not sure how good the "local" beer would be,... but it is as good as European lager beers.
Hurghada is 30Km north of Makadi, the hotel taxi service charge about 140 Egyption Pounds (15 GB Pounds each way). But if you get a local taxi back from Hurghada it should be about 50 EP (6 GB Pounds) per trip ... DO NOT pay much more than this. We had one taxi driver try and charge us 50 EP per person when we got back to the hotel from Hurghada ...if this happens say you want to speak to the hotel security, and the taxi drivers will then charge the proper fare.

Bad points: The were no bad really bad ponts at all, but our shower floor was very slippery, I fell once. The shower water temparture would go hot then cool.

One peice of advice at the Airport, if you intend bringing back a "Water Pipe" put it in your Checked In case, myself and a traveller in front of me were told we could not take it on as hand luggage, and we had to leave them behind. .... BUT I did see other travellers with them at the departure gate, so just be aware of this. ... I think this was a con by the x-ray machine security guy.

All in All an EXCELLENT hotel and we would recommend it."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of January 2007

Wonderful Holiday (14 days) LOVED it.

"We enjoyed our stay at the resort hotel. The staff service was impecable, our room was quiet and comfortable plus they allowed us extended hours for late check out. The food was prepared superbly with LOTS of choices. The fresh fruit, cheese, and other entrees all great. Shopping available nearby with ease, taxi - limo service if desired, the beach was within walking distance. As we were there in December / January I did not go in the water but others were swimming and said it was great.

The holiday was so relaxing. I have only praises for the hotel and would recommend it highly. A fine place for families with children too.

It is located a bit of a distance from Hurghada. Taxi rides were not expensive to take us to and from Hurghada.

Overall: EXCELLENT! We loved it."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of January 2007

beautiful hotel

"This Hotel is hard to review its a beautiful hotel without a doubt and the resort is just as stunning as you would expect from the red sea but it has a few minor problems that hold it back from being truley excellent. First of all the GOOD, Hotel rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained althought theres only a shower no bath for those of you who like a soak. Pools are large with plenty of subeds for all. The gardens throughout the hotel are maintained beautifully, They seem to work 24/7 keeping the small hedges either trimmed staright or wavy. The hotel has plenty of facilities but we spent most of our time snorkeling in the bay as it has a small reef with all the fish you could wish to see.

Now for the BAD, Some of the staff have poor english Which makes comunicating simple things like drinks a painful experience. I found the choices of food a bit limited you are garanteed a fish dish and a beef dish at every sitting even breakfast. Personally I like to try exotic foods but beef stew for breakfast just didnt apeal. I think this was the hotels main let down it catered to its russian guests and forgot about the rest of us. I wont say that the food was bad because what i had was nice but i did seem to keep eating the sames dishes, these seemed to be pancakes and waffles for breakfast ( they also put pancakes on at every sitting), Chicken with rice at lunch and beef and rice at diner. Next was the evening entertianment, I know that the entertianment was good but it was also not performed in english. This became a little isolating we felt a little left out but we just had to find other things to do at night.

I can not give this hotel a bad review because the truth is we still had a really nice time and if the hotel could just tweak a few pionts it would be an excellent hotel. I would go back to makadi as it is beautiful place, But would i stay at the makadi oasis? i dont really know, I cant help thinking that maybe one of the other hotels might not have had the same problems that we encountered here."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of December 2006

Awful discrimination

"This hotel cancelled my confirmed reservation for my family apparently based on my Nationality. The cancellation was within only three weeks before my travel date. They did not respond to any of my emails. I have escalated the the issue to the Egyptian Police and also contacted my embassy in London.
I have managed to get another reservation but at more than double price. This is my worst travel experience."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of March 2015

A great hotel and a great holiday. We st...

"A great hotel and a great holiday. We stayed 4 nights in this resort (2 Oct. till 6 Oct.2008). The service is super, this resort should be rated as a 5 star and not a 4 star hotel.
Rooms: Spacious, clean
The housekeeping report and call maintenance to fix things before we ask, i.e. the AC was leaking in my room, so I said I will call after I come back from the beach, and to my surprise when I came back I found the maintenance man coming to fix it.
Restaurant: The food is good with variety, what you have in lunch is different than what you get in dinner. The All inclusive service is good at this hotel, you get bottled water, ice cream, there is no limit.
Each day they have a theme for dinner, we had barbeque twice , one day sea food and the other day chicken and meat.
Also at dinner we had Turkey and Duck.
Animation: The hotel has an amphitheatre where there is entertainment every night and then another show at the pool bar.
We were really happy and not bored.
The beach is fabulous and very clean. I did parasailing which was interesting, it costs $60
The service in the hotel is very good, they are attentive and want you to be happy.
The mangers ask us if we are happy and if there is anything more that they can do.
I really loved makady bay, and I loved the hotel. "

• Travel date: Wed 8th of October 2008

Hotels near Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort and Club

Stayed at Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort and Club? Share your insight.

Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort and Club is also called