Villa Lostris Holiday Apartments

Eastmar Road Alawamia, Luxor Egypt

Good

What a Wonderful Place the Villa Lostris is

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The Villa Lostris was a much needed relaxing respite after a week of madness in Cairo. Eid and Linda offer first rate accommodations with excellent service. My friends an I stayed a week in a beautifully maintained two bedroom suite and had a thoroughly enjoyable time as we spent our days exploring the Valley of the Kings, Karnak, and the rest that Luxor has to offer."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

Great accommodation, lovely people and an insight into "real" Egypt.

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"My youngest son finished his degree a week before we went to Luxor. This was a treat I had promised him as a break after all his hard work. He has always wanted to see the temples and tombs so that was a great success.

The apartment was really comfortable and the pool most inviting and the roof terrace great for sunbathing although not for long - it was very hot!

I already knew Linda and Eid through some mutual friends and can't praise their hospitality highly enough. We did the felucca trip and all the other good stuff and they showed us great places to eat too.

Can't wait to go again."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

quality insight into Egypt without the hassle

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Superb standard of accommodation with all mod cons including quiet, efficient air con and a beautiful,private pool all to ourselves and fantastic care from Eid and Linda. Nothing too much trouble for them. Their local contacts meant we got a tailor-made holiday, seeing the real Egypt but with the knowledge that Eid and Linda were on the end of the local mobile phone they gave us. Really convenient for all the temples, Valley of the Kings etc and with contacts in the best local restaurants with superb food and fantastic value. We've recommended Villa Lostris to all our friends."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

perfect

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"I stayed at villa lostris for about 4 months with my teenage daughter,and we were made very welcome by the owners the apartment was beautiful and very tasteful and was equipped with everything we needed for our stay.It is the best place by far that we have stayed in and having a luxury pool was ideal for the hot sticky days you would expect in luxor,i would recommend villa lostris to anyone coming over for a holiday be it with there partners or with a family. it is in easy reach of all local amenities."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of September 2009

Great idea for accommodation

Good
Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"We are so pleased that we chose to stay at Villa Lostris during our stay in Luxor. The apartment , only a short walk from the rear entrance to the Sheraton, was superb in all respects. Looking over the green fields to the Nile was a great experience.
Our hosts, Linda and Eid could not have been more helpful with their recommendations.
We are so pleased that we chose to stay at the Villa instead of at an ordinary hotel, it greatly added to our Egypt experience."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

One word ??? ...... Brilliant !!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"A second visit and I thought we couldn't beat the first! What a wonderful holiday. Linda and Eid provide the most relaxing, comfortable and welcoming base for the whole Luxor experience ...... an experience even more magnificent if you allow them to advise and recommend the days excursions. The Villa is just off the 'tourist' bit and allows you to experience some of the real Egypt. After an early rise, a visit to one of the many must see places there was nothing better than floating around in the pool and snoozing on one of the sunbeds before the late afternoon / evening activities.

We hope to repeat the whole experience again in 2010 and would recommend to all.

The Lincoln Tribe"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

An oasis of calm and the comfiest beds in Luxor!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"I have stayed at Villa Lostris twice, once in March 2008 and again in January 2009. I can't rate Villa Lostris enough. The apartments are spotlessly clean and the balconies offer great views of the surrounding area and farmland. Great location for people watching whilst eating breakfast!

Villa Lostris is close to the town centre yet far away from the noise and hustle and bustle - imperative if you need a good nights sleep. The beds are really comfortable with proper bedding (duvets and pillows). This may seem like a strange comment but you would be amazed at the number of apartments I have seen in Luxor where you just get a sheet and a typical Egyptian style polyester blanket on the bed.

The rooms are large and airy with air conditioning units in each room. Luxor can get chilly in the evenings during the winter months but there are portable heaters that you can use to warm things up - very cosy!

On arrival the fridge is stocked with basics which is a god send and there is a mobile phone for your use during your stay which I thought was a great touch. There is a welcome book in each apartment providing details of local restaurants, taxi drivers, supermarkets as well as details on the excursions that they can provide for you if you want them. Linda and Eid are great hosts and get the balance just right of being friendly and approachable without being intrusive.

My little boy was 18 months old when we visited last time and he loved it, watching the people from the balcony and stroking Linda's lovely cat every day!

I can't recommend Villa Lostris enough - I just wish I was there now!"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

we had a lovely holiday and so will you.

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"our stay at the villa lostris was a wonderful experience, the family make you feel very welcome, and one of the most memorable days we had was to be included on the family felucca to have xmas day dinner on the nile,it was magnificent ,as is the whole egypt experience.I can recommend without any hesitation ,villa lostris.bon voyage./"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of September 2009

Oasis in the Heart of Egypt

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Villa Lostris for a week in August 2005 after working in Beirut. Besides a wonderful two bedroom suite on the edge of Luxor, our memorable experiences in Luxor emanated from the generosity and graciousness of Linda and Eid, our hosts. We were able to see and do things that would otherwise be unobtainable. We travel a lot, and will definitely plan another stay with Linda and Eid in the future."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of September 2009

Absolutely the best way to visit Luxor and the Valley of the Kings

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Linda and Eid have superbly appointed air conditioned apartments and know everyone of importance in Luxor.

They made us welcome, organised taxis, restaurants, guides and transport. Eid's skills as a Nile boatman are unrivalled so we had the most magical sunset trip imaginable.

We stayed a week to see the Valley of the Kings and enjoy the other sights of Luxor and trips on the Nile and we could not fault our hosts."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of September 2009

Hotels near Villa Lostris Holiday Apartments

Stayed at Villa Lostris Holiday Apartments? Share your insight.