Iberotel Luxor

Khaled Ebn El Waleed St., Luxor 84511 Egypt

Loving Luxor

"We absolutely loved the hotel, it was better than we thought it would be and everyone is very friendly. We paid for B&B and there was a large selection of food to choose from and the waiter armed with tea and coffee always seems to be there to refill your cups. We tried the buffet restaurant, Italian & Chinese which weren't bad but being hotel restaurants they were more expensive than if you eat outside.

We were on the 5th floor with a Nile View (lucky for us we got a free upgrade as we had just got engaged). Was nice watching the hot air balloons go up in the early morning (not tempted to try myself as I was too terrified). The rooms were cleaned daily and we found that if we were out during the day the cleaners seemed to magically appear as soon as we got back to see how we liked the room (to try and get a tip). The gardens were beautiful and the pool on the floating barge on the Nile shook slighly whenever a motorboat went passed, had lovely views of the West Bank.

It was our first visit to Egypt and wanted to do as much as we could. Having travelled with Thomsons before we were well aware of the prices of their trips so we did a lot of research before hand and found a local tour guide. If we had done the trips with Thomson we would have only been able to go on two trips but for the same price with the local guide we did the following.....2 trips to the West Bank which included 6 tombs, a trip to the East Bank to see Luxor & Karnak temples, back to Karnak for the evening light and sound show, a felucca trip to banana island at sunset, dinner on a motor boat, trip on a caleche, trip to Abydos & Denerah temples. We later added on another trip on a felucca and a trip to Aswan. Our tour operator Hassany and guide Abdul were great, they made everything informative and relaxing. Made the trips even better getting an understanding of what we were seeing, and couldn't do enough for us to make our holiday an enjoying one. Check out his website [--]

The only drawback is when you leave the hotel you draw the attention of taxi & caleche drivers and also people on the street who see you are tourists and hassle you a lot. (no hassle is a phrase you will hear often, though hassle is what you get). I'm quite shy and found this a bit too much. I love going into the gift shops but also put off by the "no hassle" shouts then not able to find a price on anything and they come out with some ridiculous price.....never pay more than a third of their original price.

That aside we had a wonderful time and didn't want to come home. Would also recommend the 12 hour cruise on the nile on the Lotus Boat which was alongside our hotel, was a lovely relaxing day plus they sell gifts much cheaper than in the shops."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

Fabulous!!

"My family and I stayed for a week all inclusive and it was the best holiday ever, this was due to the hotel! The food was lovely an excellent selection fresh pancakes while you watch for breakfast, pasta cooked to your preferance. The staff fell over themselves to make your stay comfortable with waiter service at the pool and even someone to place your towels for you. There was no fighting for sunbeds as there were plaenty to go around. The pool and the view from the pool was breath taking. Excursions were reasonably priced we went on a hot air balloon over the nile for £35. I thoroughly reccommend this hotel and location and I will definatly go back again."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of August 2007

oh my god it was the best holiday ever!

"I chose this hotel purely because I loved the floating swimming pool. I was not in any way disapointed. The hotel, food , staff and overall ambience were superb. The place was so clean it was beautiful. The staff were so helpful and always smiling. Egypt was never a place i would have chosen but I am so glad I did."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Iberotel Luxor - The Preferred Choice in Luxor

Good

"I stayed 3 nights in Luxor's Iberotel and I love it. I agree, you must book rooms with Nile View. Just add 10 Euro to upgrade and you will see how beautiful the West Bank of Thebes with the Nile River. I took a lot of photos from the balcony which oversee many cruise ships sailing to the Upper Egypt to Aswan and early in the morning, you could see the valleys scorching under the sun in red brown colour. You could even see the hot air balloons early in the morning at 5.30am. That's what you pay for a Nile View room. The best thing is abt this hotel is, it is newly renovated, it has clean bed, bathroom,clean facilities, a cozy room that is worth the money (compared to other 4-5star hotels). For only 45 Euro, what you are getting is a cosy room (small but comfortable), and you get to enjoy the breakfast and something unique which I enjoy the most...the floating swimming pool.

Swimming in the Nile is something I wish to do, swimming in a clean floating pool is what I did...and it's cool. Many tourists in their cruise boats, passed by Iberotel's swimming pool, all of them would wish to stay and enjoy the facilities at Iberotel. Everyone who saw the pool and Iberotel's landmark building is envious and you get to stay there. The pool is small but it does its purpose... makes you fresh and lets you enjoy the sun, the sunset, and the Nile, as close as possible.

I have to mention a little about the Chinese restaurant within the premises of Iberotel. It's tasty and affordable. It's run by a Mainland Chinese who knows what's real chinese food is and he did it with authentic style of cooking and it is worth. I spent my dinner there, other than having western food in Luxor central.

I would definitely recommend Iberotel Luxor. It's not far from Luxor Central, in fact, it is just nice for me to take a carriage ride to town and back with just 2LE and I enjoy. If you stay in town, most of the time you walk...and u wont get to try the carriage rides.

The staff at Iberotel are very polite and they do take care of your holidays, your stay and your satisfaction. It is the hotel, your preferred choice in Luxor. Forget the others, I did my homework before spending 4days in Luxor and it is the best hotel in Luxor...if there's an Iberotel in Cairo, I would stay there.

Rgds
Simon Lin
(SINGAPORE)"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

Great Staff

"Stayed here 5 times (when still Novotel). Staff were always excellent, rooms clean, food very good. Only complaint was that every time the pool was freezing cold, needs heating."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2007

worst hotel i have ever stayed in

"The location is the only good thing about this hotel, put simply it is awful, located on a main roundabout we were glad to be informed when we checked in that we had "a very good room". Open the door to the room and not so, overlooking the rounabout with a slight view of the nile the traffic noise was terrible and I could not sit on the balcony as the pollution was too much.

The hotel itself i found cold and miserable, it mentions entertainment but does not provide any and as such is dead as of 10pm. The bar has no atmosphere and is very very dull at any time of day, the pool was a nightmare; on the 2nd day of our trip i was bitten by something which was in the pool and ended up being violently ill for the next two days which required 3 doctors call outs, the doctor himself said there was nothing else it could have been and i should
"be very angry at the hotel"

further inspection of the pool when i eventually was well enough to get up proved that there were several of these bugs swimming around and when i asked the hotel what they were they were said to be "harmless" (i think my case proved they were not)

The food in this hotel was very bad and after recovering from the bite decided to go to a bbq night in the restraunt, kofta kebabs etc things were looking up, 4 am the next morning and im hit with gastroenturitis, the same doctor comes to see me and shakes his head in disbelief, the next day we arrange with portland to be transferred down to safaga, i was happy to face a 5 hour convoy than stay another minute in this hotel.

In closing:

The food is bad and unimaginative
You cannot lay down in the bath
Traffic noise is a nightmare
Hotel staff constantly want a tip even for bringing medication to the room!
There is no entertainment at the hotel

and also to agree with another point from a fellow reviewer the Dhendendra day cruise is a joke, have to pay for all drinks and they constantly try and sell you things, the pool on the boat was so dirty that you could not see the bottom

you have been warned!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

Fantastic!

"This hotel was the best one we stayed at while on out 10 stay in Egypt, & we stayed at 3! Everything was great - the pool, restaurants in the grounds - Italian & Chinese & bar, gardens, massages, & most of all the value!! This was a very good 3 star experience at a ridiculously cheap price. 5 min walk from train station & town centre. A real oasis of calm - would highly recommend to anyone"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2007

Do not stay anywhere else but here!

"Seriously good hotel staff friendly, hotel immaculate,pool lovely,food good for egypt-this holiday cost me just under 200 pound for a week you couldnt get anywhere in england for that money! but believe me it is the second time i have stayed here with a four year gap in between and i would not go anywhere else in Luxor-TAKE NOTE SINGLE TRAVELLERS this is really the place to stay as there is no hassle from anybody! will be making this my yearly retreat from my family as i could not have been in more relaxing surroundings-excellent excellent excellent"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Lovely Hotel with excellent views

Good

"I've just returned from a week long holiday in Luxor and it was really nice.

I just want to write about the Iberotel hotel because I’d read some mixed reviews about it but I can confirm it was definitely decent.
I stayed in a superior double room with a Nile view. It was just amazing to wake up in the morning and sit on the balcony, and look out onto the Nile. It was so picturesque and watch the sunrise and set each day. I’d book this hotel again just for those views.

The hotel staff were friendly, and rooms were always cleaned well each day. The food was ok (breakfast was good with loads of different foods available and a chef making fresh food), and there was a variety of options within the hotel (Italian, Mandarin etc) but there’s lots of other food places to visit.

Food and taxis are very cheap but be careful as some people will try to get you to pay more because you're a tourist, so you may have to barter. Don’t go to the “Special Egyptian Markets” that you get told about because the taxi people are getting commission for this.

We went on an amazing balloon ride, which cost us £70 each and totally loved this (booked through our tour operator Cosmos). Also we went to the Valley of the Kings and Queens which cost £39 each but we had an experienced Egyptologist who was very good and explained the history of the tombs, as well as having a good sense of humour!

Would definitely recommend it, and will visit there again soon."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

Absolutely fabulous!

"Absolutely fantastic holiday! Our first mention must go to the staff at the Iberotel. They all contributed to such a friendly, helpful warm atmostphere that we cannot wait to return here (and I for one dont agree with going back to the same place twice)! A personal mention to Hassanova and Hagag in the bar area who made us feel at home...look out for John Barnes at breakfast ...the Liverpool coffee is simply the best! And a high five to Abdul Latif in the Italian restaurant.

The hotel itself is superb. Clean, air conditioned and centrally located. Rooms are lovely. On arrival we were allocated a standard room with street view, but had paid for a nile view. Fortunately we had our invoice with us and this was rectified the following day. Although the nile view is breathtaking, the street view is amusing, and certainly will keep you entertained!

Every day we returned to our room to be greeted by a different towel design ranging from swans playing cards to a crocodile eating a swan...all adding to the constant smiles.

Food at the Iberotel is simply first class. The breakfast was too good to miss with a huge range to choose from. The chef cooks omelette and pancakes to demand, and he was such good fun. Lunch by the pool is a must. With 3 restaurants on site, the main hotel restaurant, the italian and the chinese it is possible to eat all meals on site, very reasonably priced.

Stepping outside of the hotel is an adventure in itself. Do be prepared to get hasseled by anyone wanting to offer you a ride in a horse and cart, taxi or boat..and this can be at any time. Its worth remembering that haggling and tipping are a way of life, and it took us a couple of days to get used to saying NO. I would recommend that you check out the fixed price shop under the Winter Palace before you go to a bazaar.

The Valley of the Kings/Queens and Workers was a life time experience and an absolute must. Be prepared for an early start because of the heat. A separate trip to the West bank for camel riding through a local village was remarkable, and next time I do that I will be taking pockets full of sweets for the local children. If you get chance to pack any pens, please do so.. they are greatly appreciated as pens dry out so quickly in the heat and prove costly for the children.

Recommend this to anyone who has ever thought about visiting Egypt.

Zoe and Andy
Herts"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Chill,out at the Iberotel .

Good

"I thought the Iberotel in Luxor was brill, great staff good food but a bit of the same thing. food wise , the best part of the hotel is the pool area floating on the Nile with food and drink with a click of your fingers. Amazing views wherever you go . Be prepared on the streets you will get hassled and don't forget to haggle ,but whatever you give its never enough .Do everything yourself not through any travel agents or the hotels its much cheaper . From the moment you step outside the hotel you will get hassled all the time but if you go to theses countries you expect it . There's not much entertainment at the hotel but if you want to chill out and a relax just stay at the pool you cant go wrong.
This is one of my best trips i love the country and the people and will be going back soon as i can .
Thanks to everyone at the hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of April 2013

Fantastic Holiday In The Iberotel.

"This Was The Second Year We Have Been To Luxor And Stayed In The Iberotel. The Hotel Is Fantastic, Very Clean And The Staff Are Very Helpful. The Rooms Are Really Well Kept And The Service You Get Is Second To none But Opt For A Nile View Room Because The View Of The West Bank Is Well Worth It. The Hotel Is A Great Central Location To Visit All Of Luxor And The West Bank But Is Also Quiet And Peaceful If You Just Want to Relax. We Booked All Our Trips Through A Local Travel Company On The Corniche ( Jolley's ) And Got A Great Deal Compared To Our Travel Agents. When You Venture Out Of The Hotel, Expect To Be Bombarded With Taxi Drivers, Felucca Captains And Caleche Drivers All Offering Great Deals, Bargin Hard And Always Have A Sense Of Humour. As For The Hotel Its Self, Fantastic. Looking Forward To Going Back Next Year."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of May 2012

Hotels near Iberotel Luxor

Stayed at Iberotel Luxor? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Iberotel Luxor

• loujbuch by loujbuch

"Love Luxor,good hotel if you don't have mobility problems "

• Captain Gordon by Captain Gordon

"Try And Visit All Historic Sites "

• Byron B by Byron B

"All inclusive does not count room service so check first ,dont use the phones at the hotel its expensive , and any trips arrange them yourself. "

Iberotel Luxor is also called