Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa

P.O.Box 13 New Karnak, Luxor 13 Egypt

Good

You just have to stay here!

"Whatever your preconceived ideas of hotels in Egypt are, forget them! This hotel is simply superb. From arriving at the door until you leave you are treated in the best possible way. From the security, to the check in staff, from the porters to the bar staff, the service is exempalary. I'll be heading back to Luxor just to experience the Hilton. Just superb. Thanks to all the staff, and of course management, for making our stay such a memorable experience."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of November 2009

absolutely fabulous

"We have just returned from four nights at the Hilton following a very tiring Nile cruise. In every way this was the best Hotel we have ever stayed at . Nothing was too much trouble for the staff from the room attendant to the restaurant staff and the amazing pool attendant.The half board package was very good value for money ,the food was of an incredible standard with a variety of dishes on offer.Beds were vast and very comfortable,bathrooms luxurious.In these days it is rare to encounter such genuine hospitality.Many thanks to everyone who made our stay so unforgetable.I recommend this hotel without hesitation."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of November 2009

Wonderful hotel & spectacular staff (with 2 minor caveats)

Good

"We completed our 2 1/2 week Egypt/Jordan vacation by staying 2 nights at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa. From the moment we walked into this gorgeous property, we were welcomed by the most extraordinary staff of the 6 hotels we stayed in during our trip. During our too brief stay, everyone we encountered was helpful, gracious and really wonderful. My hats off to them and the management that gets those kinds of excellent results.

Everywhere you look is beauty, from the water features throughout the property, the tastefully decorated rooms and public areas, our gorgeous bathroom with very large walk-in shower and, of course, there is the smashing Nile view from the wonderful pool.

My only two caveats were 1) the location is a bit north of the center of town (something I didn't recall reading about when booking the room), however, the hotel provides a free hourly shuttle or you just take a cab which is 25 Egyptian Pounds ($5 US) from the center of town - no big deal; and 2) I paid more to book a room with a Nile view balcony and it turned out to be small triangle sliver of a balcony (I could fit one chair on it) and it faced the Nile on a diagonal. Even the rooms closest to the Nile had the same small balconies that were diagonal Nile views. That's the way it was designed, unfortunately. FYI - it's about a 10 minute walk to the Karnak Temple through a safe neighborhood.

However, those 2 complaints are minor as this truly was an oasis away from the craziness of Luxor. I did take advantage of the included spa and spent an hour in one of the most clean and beautiful hotel spas I have been in - a spotless steam room, fresh herbs scenting a gorgeous sauna, as well as another room that had citus essences filling the air (as well as wonderful relaxing music). There were many other relaxing rooms and areas to the spa I didn't experience.

The included breakfast buffet was well stocked and first rate. Room service was quick and they aimed to please (we had the mezza for two which was a delicious and fresh meal), we ate poolside and had their wood oven baked pizza and we ate in the restaurant that night and had extraordinary cucumber gazpacho and penne al pesto - all delicious.

Again, thanks to the staff for a wonderful stay at your beautiful hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of November 2009

excellent service, beautiful view and delicious food

"Everything was so good. This is how it must be in real 5 star hotel !! Excellent service!!! Always fresh and tasty food!!! Just perfect !! Very clean and nice. Had a very good time there!"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of November 2009

Cool oasis, warm welcome

Good

"We had a wonderful experience during our 4-night award stay at the Hilton Luxor. We were upgraded to a Nile view room - worth paying for if an complimentary upgrade isn't offered because the view is lovely. Every member of the staff seemed to go out of his or her way to welcome us to Luxor and make us feel like special guests. We took advantage of the free shuttle to get around the city. We also had the concierge arrange taxis for a half-day trip to the West Bank (e.g. Valley of the Kings) and for our onward journey from Luxor to Aswan. Based on our other experiences negotiating for car services, the concierge arranged for fairly priced car services, taking into account the condition of the cars (good) and professionalism/friendliness of the drivers (also good).

I also loved the style and ambience of the hotel. Working with the existing footprints of the rooms and bathrooms, Hilton has done a good job of creating stylish and very comfortable rooms and bathrooms. We especially liked the shower - with room for 2 people - although I imagine there are some people who would prefer bathtubs. We also loved the pool and surrounding area. Although the pool is relatively small, it's beautifully laid out, has reclining chairs in the pool itself, regular lounge chairs and two-person hammocks.

I would highly recommend this hotel to others, first for its service and hospitality, and second for its stylish decor."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of October 2009

Luxor Hilton is Amazing

"One of the most beautiful and luxurious hotels in Egypt! Exceptional staff and guest services throughout the hotel.

CHECK-IN
We were met with refreshing cocktails in the lobby, while we checked in -- and greeted with friendly smiles by front desk staff.

ROOMS
The rooms were pristine and the beds like heavenly clouds. Amenities were well stocked and the housekeeping staff friendly, professional and courteous.

DINING
Dining was a rare, amazing and delicious experience! Expect a 5-Star experience for breakfast, lunch and dinner -- and smiles from all the staff.

POOL
We were treated like royalty at the pool -- from sunglass cleaning, to Evian water facial spritzes, and 5-Star bar service. The pool area is immaculately clean and overlooks the incredible Nile River. Serene cabana beds are available with privacy draperies.

The HILTON experience is always appreciated -- and you will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of October 2009

Best Hotel experiene ever

"I have just spent 7 nights at this hotel with my daughter who is 20. I cannot reccomend it highly enough. Our room was really comfortable and spotlessly clean with a great view over the Nile. The food and restaurant service was excellent, we began the holiday avoiding all fruits, salads, ice or anything uncooked but ended up eating and drinking everything with no ill effects at all. All the restaurants were fabulous with very fresh delicious food. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the pools were fantastic. The iced flannels and endless fluffy towels were brilliant in the heat and the pool attendants could not do enough for us.

The hotel was very quiet when we were there due to the heat and, I gather, the recession but The Hilton Luxor deserves to be a huge sucess and I really hope to go back there myself before too long"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of September 2009

Great stay

"We had a lovely, restful holiday at the Hilton Luxor. While the location was sufficiently convenient to allow for all of the sightseeing (and there was lots!) the hotel's pool area made it a lovely place to come back to and cool off.

The service was a little bit patchy at times - slightly over-attentive e.g. still chatting to you while trying to eat a meal of while drifitng off to sleep on the sunlounger! Prices around the pool were also a bit too pricey at times (£8 sterling for a banana milkshake!) but most of the food was good value and a good standard."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of September 2009

Great location on the river

"We came to Luxor after a few days in high stress Cairo. Luxor was a great place to chill out. The Hilton is right on the river, with great amenities and staff. Great pool and service. The outdoor restaurant had great food and was just the ticket after a day of traveling. Great breakfast. We ate outside of the hotel a time or two, but even the places recommended by Trip Advisor were not nearly as good as the hotel itself (which is pretty unusual in my book).

When my friend got sick during our stay they offered to call their doctor and helped us out with going to the drug store and other things. When we were going out to see the Valley of the Kings, they froze our water bottles for us so that we could keep cool in the 115 degree heat. They gave us free transportation to the Karnak Temple night show. And, they even knew our names every where we went in the hotel.

As a Hilton Diamond member I'm used to good treatment at Hiltons, but this was above and beyond.

Great spot."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of August 2009

Wonderful Place to spent time

"I have just returned from Egypt. I stayed in this hotel for 15 days and this I felt all the comfort and relax in this hotel. All the staffs of this hotel were really very nice and well behaved. I liked the food of this place and this place made my trip full of happiness and joy. The events were very attractive and entertaining. So i would love to go there again in my life. So if anyone wants to go there and want to know more about Luxor then just check it out: http://goo.gl/jcv7DU. I think it will helpful for you."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of January 2014

Beautifully!!!!

"Had a lovely stay. Think we must have been among the first guests. Beautifully clean, great rooms (we were upgraded to deluxe which had a balcony looking onto the Nile – with nothing obscuring the view which is unusual). Shame the spa wasn’t fully open, it looks like they were still finishing but the pools are lovely with underwater sun loungers. Food was good – we loved the fresh hot oven bread and the staff were lovely too. Really making an effort but not pushy like some. It’s still a bit quiet but won’t be for long. Though that may be the point as it’s a lovely spot. We’ve done a Nile cruise before but this had all of the benefits with much better food if you don’t like traveling about. "

• Travel date: Tue 13th of January 2009

Superb

"Great service at Hilton Luxor Resort. Mrs W had a wonderful time having massages all holiday – she didn’t join me to see the sights till the last few days. Some incredible things to see in Luxor and then to come back and lie back in the pool looking out across the Nile with some decent food, it’s ideal. A true getaway. "

• Travel date: Fri 19th of December 2008

Hotels near Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa

Stayed at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa

• BBerkley-Waycon by BBerkley-Waycon

"You don't need to travel far to have a fantastic break, Luxor is near, cheap and sunny "

• BBerkley-Waycon by BBerkley-Waycon

"We at at the Hilton mostly, with 7 restaurants/bars we had plenty of choice and knew it was safe "

• MiniWunderbar by MiniWunderbar

"Luxor - need to stay at the new Hilton Luxor Resort and Spa "

• MiniWunderbar by MiniWunderbar

"Silk Road at the Hilton Luxor Resort and Spa "

Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is also called