Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments

Single Room

gaddis hotel

Reviewed 13th June 2013

"I booked 2 weeks at the gaddis hotel and stayed there 1 night only that speaks for itself my advice pay the extra for a 5 star it will make your holiday more enjoyable "

• Travel date: 7th June 2013

WARNING!!!!!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!

Reviewed 30th December 2012

"A group of ladies decided to take a winter holiday in Luxor, Egypt. We decided to stay at Gaddis Hotel after reading the reviews in August. In December, which was closer to our departure date, I decided to reread the reviews and they were all ‘HORRIFIC!’ To my dismay I decided to ignore the reviews because that could have been their own personal experience and besides it was too late. On first inspection of the Gaddis Hotel the reception staff where quite rude. When we went to our room it was dirty! It smelled like mold and cigarettes and the bathroom was disgusting. We had to shower in sandals because we were afraid we might catch something. At 4am we were awoken by the call of prayer which happened to be our next door neighbor. 24hrs in we ordered room service and the Bar Captain brought our food to our room where he sat on our bed and made sexual references to each one of us. We then talked to the General Manager where he promised to fire him for his inappropriate behavior. Two hours later we were meeting with our local Travel Agent in the lobby and saw the Bar Captain in the lobby talking to guest. This is when our experience turned into ‘HELL’. We requested to leave the hotel, they disconnected our room phone so we couldn’t receive or make calls, told our travel agent and police we were not in our room and gave them the wrong room number, they wouldn’t allow us to call the police, wouldn’t call our travel agent, kept making excuses for the phone line being down, promised to move us to another hotel but because we didn’t sign a statement stating that, we would not tell Expedia of our horrific experience, the Hotel Manager made us walk three blocks to the other hotel, during this time calling that hotel and telling him to make us pay cash. The Gaddis Hotel Manager and Front Desk Team told the Gaddis Hotel Security to follow me as I went into the streets searching for someone to help me, while he told the locals not too. Finally close to midnight my personal cellular phone finally worked and I was able to text my local Travel Agent and he came out to escort us to the police station. After writing up a report they put us in wonderful hotel, St. Joesph’s Hotel. Our 7 day holiday turned into a 5 day survival retreat because you go out into the streets or markets and are harassed, lied to and disrespected. We caught a horse and buggy and agreed upon 5 Egyptian Pounds and once it was over an argument escalated because he wanted 5 euro. When I tried to give him what we agreed on I was called the ‘B’ word, was told ‘F’ my country and Mother and had 5 men surrounding us demanding his money. Overall Egypt was a growing experience. Women have no rights what so ever and the Egyptian men do not respect them at all. Every time we voiced our opinion we were told to ‘BE QUIET!’ If it wasn’t for Elegant Voyage and the team of people they had to help us out we would have been left hopeless. Expedia did not help us at all! They over charged for the events we brought such as visiting the Temples and Valley of the Kings and Queens ect. When I spoke with them they wanted more money, I will never EVER use this site again because if it wasn’t for their recommendation of this particular Hotel our Winter Holiday might have been more doable. I would personally like to Thank, ELEGANT VOYAGE, an Egyptian owned company because without them and their dedicated staff my trip would have been more disastrous! "

• Travel date: 29th December 2012

Hassle free gaddis

Reviewed 14th September 2012

"Booked the Gaddis through thompson,for two weeks,we were worried about some of the reviews but when we arrived there we were greeted with a complimentary drink,friendly staff,the bedding and room was clean everything you would expect from a three star hotel.Manager HANY NASRY was prompt efficient and did everything to make our stay as comfortable.plesant and enjoyable as he could ,we had a few complaints which were dealt with immediatley .the food was excellent,although a more traditional egyption menu would have been better, we have to say when we asked for diffrent egyption food it was cooked for us .The staff all worked as a team Magar and Ahmed leading the front.We had a brilliant stay thankyou to Hany and staff for everything and hope to see you all soon ."

• Travel date: 14th September 2012

The real Luxor

Reviewed 21st July 2012

"Not having been to Luxor before I didn't know what standard of accommodation to expect, so I looked past the shabbiness of décor, Bathroom and furniture, opting to sleep on top of the moth eaten bedding. It was just fine for a man at a budget price. Noisy music went on till after midnight, this along with car horns and loud air-conditioning, meant there were no early nights, so watched TV movies till exhausted and fell asleep. The food lacked imagination and culinary ability, so ate out at some of the many mediocre European restaurants in the area. If you want reasonable backpacking accommodation this is just fine, if on the other hand you are looking for more, then this isn't for you. "

• Travel date: 20th July 2012

Keep away

Reviewed 27th April 2010

"Unfortunately we were moved to this hotel from a beautiful resort in Hugarda due to the volcanic disruption. It was awful. The room was basic to the point of being hardly suitable for backpackers. The curtains were hanging off the rail. The bathroom was so small with a shower that needed a physics degree to control the hot and cold water taps. The cistern was cracked and the basic cleanliness left a lot to be desired. The restaurant was OK but not cheap but the inclusive breakfast was simply prison standard. The pool did not look clean and at no time during our stay did it appear to be cleaned or tested. There saw also a lack of sun beds. During our 4 night stay, the evening entertainment was either karaoke that was well supported or a big screen showing of the TV series 'Benidorm'. Towels and bedding were clean and staff were friendly. This hotel needs a complete-regeneration our even better, demolition. If you can afford a little more then go to another hotel in this attractive City. How Cosmos can list this hotel in any of its brochures is beyond me. It certainly does their Company no good at all. "

• Travel date: 25th April 2010

Reviewed 12th August 2009

"If you want a safe,clean,friendly hotel that is great value for money in Luxor then the Geddis is the place to stay. I have stayed in hotels all over the world from the Burj al Arab Dubai to the travel lodge Droitwich the Geddis is the best value for money hotel I have ever stayed in.I was here on my own with my 7 year old son and we had a great time. The staff could not do enough for us especially my son.I was able to relax in the hotel because of the safe enviroment we were in. The restuarant ran by an English guy was brilliant good food,big portions and always under £10 for both of us to eat, Sunday lunch for a fiver or try the local dishes that were excellent for under a fiver.My bar bill for day time drinks, ice creams and snacks for the 2 of us was £40 English for the whole fortnight. The only downside was the cosmos rep. They spoilt our holiday a little by misleading us on the sightseeing trips.Do not use them they are a rip off. Use a local tour operator called Karnak travel they are near the winter palace.They do the same trips for 40 to 50% less than the tour operater will charge you.The cosmos rep implied the train to cairo is unsafe and awkward that is misleading. Its a safe and economic way to see Cairo and Karnak travel will look after you."

• Travel date: 12th August 2009

Expect what you pay for

Reviewed 21st January 2009

"We arrived at the Geddis Hotel on New Years Eve. A New Years Eve party was waiting for us and it was really good. The room was basic and the staff was very friendly. The towel man was there to cheer you with his sculptures. The downside of the hotel was that the pool was freezing and we had to go across the road to the Nile Palace for a swim which costs about £5 each per day. This Isis was £10 and not as good. We never saw the sun shining on the pool and the sun never shined on our balcony which overlooked the pool. There was the muslim 'call to prayer' every morning at 5.15am which woke us up, a dog in the next building who barked alot and there was Kareoke twice that week until 1am and 2am in the morning right under our balcony which isn't convenient when you have children. We didn't join in as the bar was an area where you could smoke which was uncomfortable for those of us who don't smoke. The security was very good.The owner of the shop inside the hotel was really friendly and helpful when it came to sights to see. Outside of the hotel was not really a nice sight with rubbish and debris. Outside of the hotel's main door was the main street which was always busy with those trying to get your business. You will either hate it or make it fun with bargining and the British sense of humour. We opted for the bargining and the humour and made quite a few friends with the locals. We loved the city and plan to return in the summer but will probably try a hotel with a roof pool."

• Travel date: 17th January 2009

Great value for money hotel

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"Having recently stayed for two weeks at the Gaddis Hotel I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly yet professional and the hotel was kept spotless. The rooms are basic but cleaned every day (including fresh bedding and towels) by a rather eccentric but charming man. Hot water is always available and the shower is quite powerful! The hotel restaurant doesn't offer a particularly good menu but within the premises is the infamous John and John's restaurant which has anything you could want to eat, even down to a top Sunday lunch. During the time I stayed I found that the sun only covered the sun terrace not the actual pool area but that I didn't find that to be a problem as it was really hot! There is no hotel entertainment but you can hop in a taxi to one of the hotels that do offer it. All in all, well worth the money!"

• Travel date: 20th October 2008

hotel gaddis pros and cons

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"we all look for different things when booking our holidays, I read all the reviews like you are doing now. I always think about the time I will spend in a hotel and whats important to me. Important to me is the country Im visiting, culture, area, weather etc, secondry is the hotel, what I want is something clean and safe, this is not the case for everyone. The hotel Gaddis is not the biggest or the flashiest hotel, it is very clean, no bugs but it is a little dated, the aircon worked great, the linen clean and the service great, the man that came to clean the room everyday was fab all our towels were arranged daily in different local shapes such as pyramids, scarabs, cobras etc. The downside was the variation on the restaurant menu, the food quality was good but the choice is poor, but for £5 you could use one of the other restaurants inside which had a larger choice, We found the staff to be accomodating it really does depend on the attitude you go with. The review we read said the swimming pool is always in the shade, this is not true as by lunchtime its full sun until teatime. The location of the hotel is spot on with everything you need on the doorstep. One other small downside is that the hotel is right next to a mosque which has loud speakers attached and when praying starts which is 5 times a day it can be very loud, whats wrong with that you might say, it starts at approx 5am. In a nutshell, if you are not worried about decor and early morning calls have a great time."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2008

great hotel

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"family of four,two adults and two kids aged 11 and 9,we came thru to luxor from two weeks holiday in hurghada for two night stay in luxor at the gaddis hotel.i booked it thru this website for £29.00 for two nights bed and breakfast.yes £29.00 for the family of four. i had been to luxor before and wanted to show it off to my family,the usual sights,temples and tombs etc.and i thought the gaddis would be a good base. how right i was.check in quick and easy.we were shown to a two bedroom family room with good aircon and a balcony overlooking the pool.the restaurant and bar were on the poolside.restaurant was the two johns,an english run restaurant serving traditional english dishes and also international dishes.very good value and very tasty,especially after nearly two weeks of hotel all inclusive food.we were up and out for 7 am.and did not use the breakfast,so as to miss the heat of the day.back at lunchtime and into the restaurant for a cold coke and a well earned lunch.the pool was very inviting after the heat of the trips.it didnt shade over till late afternooon,by which time you were glad of the shade. we had our evening meal in the restaurant on the second night,i had the steak and pepper sauce,truly mouthwatering,and my wife had a chicken wrap,she was happy with this also.. this is a very good value hotel,ideal for discovering luxor and then relaxing and chilling,and of course enjoying the restaurant.,with kfc and pizza hut across the road for the kids. all in all a great hotel remarkable value for the price paid.harry"

• Travel date: 23rd July 2008

You get what you pay for - Great

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"This hotel is deceiving from the front because it is directly opposite the Isis Hotel. You get what you pay for here, a clean room with all amenities, good food, friendly staff and the cleaner does lovely decorations with the towels every day. The only thing is the pool is in the shade so we used the hotel across the road pools. Funnily enough a lot of people at the Isis had food poisoning but we did not. So there. I would definitely stay there again !!"

• Travel date: 15th October 2007

Perfectly acceptable hotel

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I had already booked the Gaddis before I read the other reviews on this site - so I checked in with some worries. However once I arrived I was very pleasantly surprised. My room on 2nd floor was clean and comfortable - it had more than I expected for the price. The eccentric 2nd floor room cleaner was marvellous - everyday he arranged the towels into the shapes of swans, snakes and other creatures on the bed - you never knew what would be waiting for you next. I found there to be an abundant supply of hot water at all times of the day and night - and the shower was very good. I agree that the pool area suffers from a lack of sunlight for most of the day, but there is a sun-deck on the roof with comfortable sunbeds and fresh towels laid out daily. I didn't eat at the hotel much, but the food I did have was of good quality and was nicely presented by helpful and friendly waiters. The reception staff were always helpful and were able to assist with all my requests for information - and to extend my checkout time on the last day etc. Overall I would say that the Gaddis offers very good value for money and I would be happy to stay there again."

• Travel date: 6th March 2007

Hotels near Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments

Top traveller tips for Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments

• by Sandie C

"Deane's Cafe on one of the nearby side streets was a good place to eat English Food."

• by Sandie C

"Yes, we plan to return in the summer."

• by philr

"Johns restuarant hotel geddis, Karnak temple sound & light show, Nile cruise to Dendra"

• by Sunseeker58

"ask and the friendly staff will do as much as they can to provide"

• by Christina C

"If you need anything just ask Hany the manager ."

• by Queen of Shebah

"Luxor and the Nile are amazing places but hotel, what can I say - Keep away "

Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments is also called