swimming pool seen from roof top bar

Good

Tired old hotel with bad staff

Reviewed 23rd March 2016

"Stayed here for 1 week with friends. Check in was slow. Room not clean. Food dire. Staff never around. Couldn't get a drink at the pool as no staff manning the bar. Pool was cold not even heated Man called Ali was a leech. He must be a manager there but was annoying. He's more interested looking at us girls than listening. Suggest he remembers guests are not potential bed conquests. Breakfast staff ok but need to be more active with cutlery. We stayed in Garden rooms but some people we met where in Nile rooms. Lot better. Won't return as there are better hotels for same money. Go Sheraton 4 better experience and cheaper "

• Travel date: 23rd March 2016

Did not have a pleasant stay

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"On the plus side the location of this hotel in Luxor is spot on, being centrally located. Sadly there were some down sides too. We found the staff to be unfriendly and the food choice was limited, especially for vegetarians, which is not the case in other Egyptian hotels. My wife and I were subject to an assault by a boat owner of the boat named Nile Smiles when crossing the Nile and would certainly not recommend this boat to anyone. But on reporting the incident to the hotel they were unhelpful and seemed not to want to know about it. Our Cosmos rep was the invisible man on this trip, we never saw him (or her) the Cosmos notice board at the hotel was a complete blank for the entire time of our visit. "

• Travel date: 29th November 2012

Good hotel

Reviewed 22nd February 2009

"Just returned from a week in the Mercure Hotel booked through teletext holidays and had a great time. The hotel staff are excellent and very helpful, The rooms are a little dated but fine and were cleaned daily with TV, Safe,fridge etc The hotel restaurants are not great but the food is adequate. The bar is very nice and the reception area and pool are nice and clean. . The hotel makes a very good base for touring the sites around Luxor. I must mention Ali the Tourist relations manager, he is one of the most helpful people I have ever met, nothing is any trouble and he will always advise on local pubs, restaurants etc. I did have problems with the cash machine not reading the new chip and pin cards but just went to the bank next door. Will definately return"

• Travel date: 21st February 2009

The best hotel ever

Reviewed 15th November 2008

"My husband and I have stayed at the "Etap" (as it was once called, the people who go back year after year stil call it this) 12 times and are returning next year. We normally email the staff about 2 weeks before we go requesting one particular room and always get it when we arrive. The rooms are spacious and cleaned every day with fresh linen and towels, we even get flowers and fruit sometime left in our room. The food is excellent and quite cheap, we always go on B & B basis but eat in the hotel about 6 times during our two week stay as there are lots of places to eat within a short, cheap taxi ride away. We have always found the staff to be very helpful and have known many of them for years now, the staff never seem to want to leave, in fact we have heard that they have a very big waiting list for people to work for them. Every time we go back we get "welcome home" and that is just what it feels like, we are in the hotel a day and feel we have been there a week, we are so relaxed. This is the place to stay for touring, it is very central and everywhere touristy is within easy access from here, I have read reviews of some staff being surly, but surely we are all entitled to an off day, especially in the very high temperatures, and we have saw the way some guests treat the staff, as if they are dirt under their feet, yes we pay good money to stay there but come on what does a little bit civility cost? Yes enjoy the sites, but coming back to the hotel and lounging by the pool is just fantastic, the pool is large with loads of beds and towels, it is cleaned regularly and inspected every morning, so yes you can totally relax here knowing it is clean and safe. I dont think it is a hotel for kids as they do not have much for them to do, but that aside I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, I already hav to family and friends and they all agree with me, it is the best."

• Travel date: 15th November 2008

The best holiday I have ever been on!!!!...

Reviewed 4th June 2008

"The best holiday I have ever been on!!!! This hotel should be rated as a five star as I couldn't fault them on anything. The food was fantastic and really cheap. The staff went out of their way to help and as for the standard of service, it was out of this world. I have made many friends whilst there and return regularly. Getting round Luxor was extremely easy with many taxi's, but I seen alot of horse taxi's and unfortunately the horses look the worse for wear, but the hotel doesn't allow them near. The entertainment could be better at the Mercure, but that is just my personal view, my family really enjoyed it."

• Travel date: 4th June 2008

Haveing stayed here many times the only ...

Reviewed 18th April 2008

"Haveing stayed here many times the only 2 things wrong is the food could be hoter and time for better evening entertainment!! Otherwisw very good, pool larger than most hotels. Staff wonderfull.Rooms very clean.Any problems just see ALY quest relations man he will do the best he can and speakes perfect english. There are plenty english resurants just pay 20egyption pound (£2 ) english in taxi ask for 7ways for 7days or john johns maxines they will drop you at the door. Also we know of good honest shop run by JACK called DIANA WORKSHOP just past the jewelry factory down street with bank on corner and police box on corner highly recomended.Dont use the horse and carts as they whip the poor horse( CALESHES) In front of The Winter Palace is Jollys they do good cheep tours very good.We were afaid at first time but after 12 times ofgoing we find safe than home. You will be hassled but thats there way of life just tell them NO !! it doesnt stop but then they have a living to make and its the way of life. HAPPY HOLIDAY. E.M. me if any ?"

• Travel date: 18th April 2008

Good enough

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"The best with this hotel is its location. Right by the Nile and with a fabolus view over the Nile with the mountains from most of the rooms with Nile view. The breakfast/lunch/dinner resturant shares the same view. The hotel is also close to the main sights on the east bank. The good things about this hotel besides its location is: * There is a good level of service in the hotel with several resturants. * Nice and clean rooms * Friendly staff in the breakfast resturant. * A very good breakfast with a wide selection of food The backside of the hotel is the following: * The rooms are a little worn down and the bed is quite hard. * The resturants are expensive (dinner buffé 125 Egyptian pounds!) * Not so friendly staff in the other areas of the hotel. At the end of it all I would happily stay in this hotel again."

• Travel date: 21st December 2007

very happy

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Happy with all the staff at hotel and the food was very good, the only problem i can think of is it is dark when we got to the airport .had to wait for people to get there visas, which they should of done back in the u,k."

• Travel date: 3rd December 2007

Worst customer serive on the strip

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"Don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were talked into upgrading to a more expensive room then awakened by loud pounding and hammering noises and 7am! I spoke with 2 different employees about this and wasn’t even given an apology, just an explanation saying they were working on the windows. Absolutely unacceptable. The drilling and pounding noises were so loud we couldn’t even talk to each other in the room, let alone try and sleep. I will never stay at Luxor again because of how poorly this situation was handled. Trust me on this one, stay ANYWHERE else!!"

• Travel date: 30th November 2007

Going again

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"My wife and I visited the Hotel for a weeks holiday in September and found the whole experience faultless-we've already booked to revisit in September of 2008 for 2 weeks. You must pay a visit to an Egyptian guy who goes by the name of Ahmed who helped us with several trips up and down the Nile and to the Valley of the Kings.Ahmed was very informative,helpful and cheaper than the 'reps' regarding excursions.He had a friendly relaxed approach and even invited us for a meal in his home.He can be found directly opposite the Hotel on the river.See photos. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere 'laid back'-entertainment was nightly with a varied mixture of fun and games. The location was ideally situated to all sites of historical interest and the markets. If you see Ahmed sitting on the bench opposite the Hotel,tell him Andy and Julie said Hello."

• Travel date: 23rd November 2007

great time, friendly staff

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"The rooms werent great but they're not the worst either,the only compaint I would have is the cleaning staff would insist on walking us around our room showing us what a "wonderful job" they did at cleaning it, this got very annoying as it happened a couple of times a day!! Pool staff are really friendly and the food is lovely."

• Travel date: 18th September 2007

Bad end to a Great holiday

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"We had been touring for a week from Cairo to Aswan up to Luxor & back to Cairo. We had lovely accommodation in both Cairo & Aswan, so were looking forward to our stay in Luxor. What a disappointment. The room was unclean and smelt of stale cigarette smoke. The beds were made with sheets that had holes in them (this in the country were Egyptian cotton comes from). The shower was not only cold but the water pressure did not exist. The buffet for dinner and breakfast was Ok, although the staff were very pushy and expected tips just for pulling your seat out. Seeing the sites of both the Valley of the Kings & Queens, plus the Luxor temple were truely amazing - too bad the hotel let down the stay"

• Travel date: 2nd September 2007

Hotels near Eatabe Luxor Hotel

Top traveller tips for Eatabe Luxor Hotel

• by shanklinmike

"Stay at another hotel"

• by Peter Haigh

"Genesis bar and restaurant, Great place for a meal"

Eatabe Luxor Hotel is also called