SUNRISE Holidays Resort

Corniche Road - Sheraton Street, Hurghada 84511 Egypt

Good value

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Spent a week at Sunrise, from 16-23rd March. Even after reading the positive trip advisor comments before going we were very impressed with the hotel and were suprised by the quality of it. Very clean, friendly staff, good food, nice pool, lovely sea!

Found it slighlty confusing as to what was included in our 'all inclusive'! Eg. drinks menu in lobby bar and snack bar on beach have prices by the items but were 'included', but fresh orange juice in restaurant and pizza at snack bar on beach wasn't 'included'?! Couldn't really see the logic but perhaps that was just us!

We went on a snorkelling trip booked through one of the touts who sell trips on the resort's beach. We paid around £30 each but should have haggled over price and would have got a better deal. It was Ok, saw a fair few fish but the majority of the coral was dead - probably due to boats like the one we were on, being tied to it and people standing on the coral. Was disappointed that nothing is being done to prevent people (Locals and Tourists) damaging the coral in this way. Wouldn't go on a trip like that again.

Anyway would definately go back to this hotel and recommend it to anyone!

PS Helpful to have some British £ for entrance to Egypt at airport, they let you pay in Egyptian £ but is more expensive i think!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of March 2007

Fantastic!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"We booked egypt for our honeymoon and with a lot of mixed reviews we were a bit worried about what it would be like.
But when we got there we realised it was perfect, the hotel was beautiful and perfectly clean, the staff always remembered ouy name even though there was around 800 guests there when we were. The man who worked on the beach getting you towels even reserved out favourite place for us so we didn't have to get up early to ensure we got there!
The only complaint was that when we went there was a lot of russian people and they can be abbrupt and some we found were really nasty to staff making you feel uncomfortable whilst wou were eating in the restaurant.
We couldn't fault the food, even though it was diffentent it was really nice and there was a lot of variety.
We also went on a trip to Giftun island to go snorkelling off the coral reef which was brilliant, the food was included but we thought as usual when you go somewhere secluded you would be ripped off with the drinks but it was only £1 for a coffee so we were pleasantly surprised. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone we had a great honeymoon.

Just be wary when you go out of the hotel into town, there are some great bargains to be had but, if you go into any of the Bazaars on the way into town you can be in there for hours! They just won't let you go without buying anything

All in all a great holiday and if you are into diving or snorkelling it's perfect!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of February 2007

great value from Sharon Helling Lake District UK

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Visited the all inclusive Sunrise holidays resort for a week. There are many hotels called "sunrise" from the same group and even after giving the cab driver the address he still took us to the wrong one!
But this hotel is great value for moneyand we enjoyed it far more than the Intercontinental Casino resort in Hurghada which was far more expensive. (read my report on that).
Food - is no worse or better than anywhere else!
Use to outside modern restaurant for breakfast and lunch it is much nicer.
Rooms- Spacious,. 2 King size beds for 2 adults and 7 year old son.Very clean and with great sea and lagoon views.So peaceful.
Staff- Friendly and helpful especially sunbed guys who actually find you a bed and wind breaker and lay down your towels ( a service which we didn't get at the Intercontinental the following week) Excellent waiter at beach restaurant.
Beware of salon masseurs. Surly and unproffessional. Dont waste your money there. It is like a busy train station instead of a tranquil sanctuary and I had a bad experience when half way through my massage a previous client came into my open room to collect his belongings which apparently is the norm.
Shops- A bit dingy but nice staff once you get over the initial harrassment.
Pool area- nice pool but a little chilly in Nov.
Lagoon/beach- absolutely the best. What a great idea to create a safe lagoon for the children to swim in. A few fish make it possible to snorkel too.
No pebbles.
Entertainment - A bit tame in November but a good comedy show put on by staff outside. If weather is chilly they use basement jungle bar for shows which is dingy.
Location- able to walk to unimpressive Hurghada.
All in all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and great value."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of January 2007

Ding Dang Do!

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"I have only started to look at Tripadvisor so i thought i would post my reviews of this hotel.
The hotel is spotless and every member of staff is there for you. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard and as in other reviews there were animals made out of the towels. I wont bore you with repeating what all the other reviews tell you but just to let you know that they are spot on. I have been all over the caribean and i would say that Egypt is the best. (you don`t have to worry about the rainy season) One tip i can give you is to buy insulated mugs with a lid on as these will keep your drinks cold for longer. I will be returning this year in August (Already booked) to the Sunrise Royak Makadi,"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of January 2007

fantastic stay

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"have just arrived back from the best holiday we have had for a long time, the hotel was very clean and food was first class, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Returning to our bedroom was always a pleasure because it was kept very clean and there was always a new towel sculpture to look forward to on our return .We where there over the Christmas and New Year and the gala buffets were to die for the choice of food would have tempted even the hardest to please, and the waiters were very prompt with your drinks. We would return to this hotel again and again."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

The best!

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Hello im Hana-Jane and i went to Sunrise holidays on the 24 november and came back on the 8th of december and it's got to be the best holiday ever. Im only 15 but i really injoyed and i made good friends there with some of the staff and they are really friendly and helpfull. The food is really nice and you have a good choice of food like beef or chips and beef burgars and meny more. The trips are good. Try the shesha it is not as bad as smoking and its not a drug and it legale. Me and my family went on the privet boat and it was a good price and you could go any where. we went snocaling witch i thought i wasent going to do coz i am scerd of the sea but i did it and it was the best thing i have ever done. Later on in the holiday i went on a camel trip witch was really good and the men who take you is really nice coz there was me and 2 other girls and the men who tock us and they looked after us really well and we had a good time and the camel in the hotel is really nice his name is oscer and hes really friendly coz we fed him and he gave us a kiss lol. The beach is really good with the lugoon and safe for any 1 and coz it is saltey u cant evan sink in it but make sure you get up and get a sun bed erly. The drinks are really nice and the cocktails has got to be the best non alcoholic cocktails ever expeshaly when mohammed makes it. Yes so i loved the holiday and i miss it muchly and hopfuly me and my sister will go back out there in april thank you and it was fab. Love hana-Jane xx miss you egypt!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of December 2006

Great hotel, very friendly staff

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I have read all the reviews for this hotel and for a change they are balanced and accurate.

The rooms are good and kept very clean. The Cleaning Staff work very hard and leave all sorts of towel sculptures on your bed!!

The Hotel is large and unfortunately there are absolutely no ramps to assist wheelchair bound individuals or pushchairs. We took our 14 month old child and it was easily manageable. However I strongly recommend that people in wheelchairs avoid this hotel, which is a shame.

The food is of good quality and varied enough, I do agree with previous posted comment on the beef stew!!!

The staff make this hotel, they are so friendly and helpful it is unbelievable. The British and Europeans could learn a lot from their customer service. And furthermore they are not tip motivated.

There are a lot of Russians in this hotel, they are not a problem to you but some are partcularly rude to the staff.

In summary this hotel is highly recommended.

Within 2 minutes of turning right out of the hotel you are into Hurghada town. You will get harassed by the shop keepers, and this area is particularly dirty and unkept. Again not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs. The good news is Papa's Bar shows alot of Premiership games!!

If your taking a child have no worries, the food is great in the hotel. And there are loads of chemists that sell nappies (pampers), baby food, wet wipes etc.

A really good holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of December 2006

Wonderful place

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I was there for one week with my girl, I've choosen this place after reading positive feedback here - i must say that my first visit in Egipt was the best holidays I've ever had. The room we had was huge, it was cleaned every day very very precisely. Air conditining saved our lifes ;)
Food was wonderfull - almost everything a man can eat, every day everything was fresh and tasty.
I can recomend this place without any doubts, I will return there on March 2007 for sure."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of December 2006

Fantastic Hotel

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"My husband and I returned from Egypt 2 days ago. We loved the hotel, the staff are very friendly, Emil and Ali Salim in the lobby bar and Samir in the Mameluke restaurant to mentio but 3. I had a massage and would highly recommend it. The hotel is very clean and our cleaner ( Atif ) left many different "sculptures" using towels in the room. There is a lagoon leading to the open sea which is safe for children and in where you can snorkel safely although there are not as many fish as in the open. The only problems we encountered were with the entertainment ( not our cup of tea!!) and the food, it was very poor, we had beef stew under several names one was beef chow mein without the noodles!!!
We would go again I just wish they could provide a more varied menu and give the food a bit of oomph!!
Also if you venture outside then be prepared to be hassled they just won't leave you alone.
One final thing Jane our rep is excellent she cannot do enough for you, thanks Jane"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of October 2006

24 hour all inclusive!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Stayed in January 2006 for a week.
The water was warmer than the air temperature and it did get a little chilly at night.
Hotel advertised as AI until midnight, but we stayed up drinking with a group of Russians, Germans and British until 5am and didn't get charged!
Food is fine, only slight niggle was getting tea & coffee at breakfast time.
The lagoon is good if you are a family (no jettys to jump off for the little ones).
The 'Jungle' pub is fine - although they do like their hip hop.
The entertainment was provided by the animation team and was quite good for an animation team.
Upgraded to a superior room and was worth it for the bigger room, balcony and better view. However the Ministry of Sound nightclub could be heard from the room at all hours.
Overall an enjoyable holiday that fulfilled it's purpose - to get away from the cold for a week.
Sorry not more detail was a while ago now!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

Diarrhea for 10 days holiday nightmare 85% of guests got it!!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of June 2013

"When we Ist arrived were put into a room with no working air-con. When the temperature was 40 degrees.After the enginere tried and failed 3 times to fix it we had to pack up and move to another room. When we got there there was a toilet brush in the bathroom covered in diarrhea from the last inhabitants. I asked for it to be removed, it took 2 days for them to remove it. I asked for a new toilet brush 2 days later we got another previosly used brush. On the 3rd day of the holiday we bothngot sever diarrhea, 85% of other guests also had it, some collapsed and had to go to hospital on drips. The young man cleaning our room also had it. When I complained to our rep he said it was drinking the hotel supplied bottled sealed cold water??"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of June 2013

Diarrhea for 10 days holiday nightmare 85% of guests got it!!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of June 2013

"When we 1st arrived we were put into a room without aircon in 40 degrees heat. After letting reception know an engineer came on 3 seperate occasions but could not fix it. Next day we re -packed and moved to another room. Air con OK here, but after 3 days we both got severe diarrhea, as did 85% of the guests. A friend of ours spent 3 days in hospital on a drip after colapsing, I stayed in my room and ate nothing for 2 and a half days. When I finally emerged from the room our room cleaning young man asked me if I was OK. now? I replied that I was not fully better, but gettin there, he said 'Yes me too' and waved some diarrhea tablets he was taking. When we first went into this second room there was a toilet brush in the bathroom covered in fiecees (poo), from the last occupants. I asked for this brush to be removed and replaced with a new one, after 2 days it was taken away, and replaced 2 days later with a previously used brush, so in the intervening 2 days we had to clean the completely covered toilet, after each diarrhea use, with toilet paper and our hands. When we complained to our Thomas Cooke rep he said - its drinking cold water - please dont drink any more. I told him that as we had only consumed the sealed bottled drinking water supplied by this all inclusove hote,l did he think that the bottles ought to carry a health warning? What an insult to our inteligence!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of June 2013

Hotels near SUNRISE Holidays Resort

Stayed at SUNRISE Holidays Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for SUNRISE Holidays Resort

• A Vaughan by A Vaughan

"quad biking in the dessert "

• G Bailey by G Bailey

"go to the marina, and eat at the indian, ma~sa~la first class "

• kelley35 by kelley35

"lovely place and wonderful people "

• little steph by little steph

"fantastic place loved every bit of it "

• watch yourself here i wouldnt send my dog by watch yourself here i wouldnt send my dog

"used to be ok not anymore "

• Jules by Jules

"Cleanliness is an issue "

• prof by prof

"chill out by the lagoon "

• greeklovergill by greeklovergill

"DEFINATLY JOIN IN WITH THE FAB ANIMATION TEAM DAYTIME SPORTS AND EVENING SHOWS. "

• Mary Gee by Mary Gee

"Don't go!!! I'm still suffering and I've bee n back 9 days now! "

SUNRISE Holidays Resort is also called