Sunny Days El Palacio Resort & Spa

Corniche Road, Hurghada Egypt

My Holiday in Egypt!

Reviewed Tue 3rd of January 2012

"The hotel was opened at 2002. The hotek is nice and beautiful. Rooms are clean. cleaning room is every day. food is ok you always can find something to eat. pool is big and good. kids animation. all staff is kind and polite. There is a good manager who will try to help you. his name salam. I wish to everybody to have a good holiday. "

• Travel date: Sun 25th of December 2011

Wow

Reviewed Thu 26th of February 2009

"I didnt go here in 2007 i went in 2005 but when i went here it was FANTASTIC. i went with my mum and dad and we all enjoyed it... it was great and even though they were muslim they recognised we were christian and celebrated christmas for us when we went over for christmas.
the food was great and the accomodation was spectacular,it was so clean and well looked after.
i think that this should be re-rated from 4* to 10*****. it was such a fantasitic holiday and so welcoming. i would never think twice about coming back here and would recommend you to go here!
the excursions we went to were Cairo and Luxor and we were looked after so well. "

• Travel date: Thu 26th of February 2009

worst holiday

Reviewed Thu 4th of December 2008

"I secretly booked this for my wife & i for our wedding anniversary,we rate the hotel 2 out of 10 because the staff were polite but the hotel was full of Polish,Croatian & mainly Russian we were the only English people in the hotel,this was an all inclusive holiday for a week,we arrived on the Tuesday by the Thursday we were off the beer & spirits ,i was poorly,the food was terrible ideal for Russian people but not English they eat cakes & more cakes at breakfast time so we ended up going to Hurghada town centre because we found Pizza hut & Mcdonalds which was a relief as we not eaten for 3 days,the bottled water that was being handed out free of charge at the hotel was out of date.The male cleaner for our room tried tapping us up for a tip twice the second time he knocked on our room door while we were getting ready to go out he had loose change in his hand i was going to leave a tip but when you get asked for it half way through your holiday it was very rude US ENGLISH WORK ALL YEAR SO WE CAN AFFORD A HOLIDAY WE SHOULDNT BE MIVERED FOR A TIP WE DONT DO IT OVER HERE.So to summerise our first holiday to Hurghada & Sunny Days De Mirette its in a bit of a mess the hotel looks very nice but needs up dating oh theres was no entertainment at the hotel for the English only Russian entertainment the only other night life in the hotel we had to pay £175 for a African night which lasted for 1 hour.At least the weather was fantastic very hot, the Rusian people were able to buy things much cheaper than us.SO ALL YOU ENGLISH I RECOMMEND SUNNY DAYS NO ONLY JOKING DONT GO NO WHERE NEAR IT CLINT & SHARON, CORNWALL "

• Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2008

Hotel was nice and clean, rooms were goo...

Reviewed Mon 18th of August 2008

"Hotel was nice and clean, rooms were good. The Hotels lagoon and coral reef are fantastic.
Unfortunately most reviews I have read were spot on about the Eastern Europeans beong just about the rudest people on the planet. However, as we were the only English there and after a couple of tips, the staff were great, saving sunbeds for us and a table every night on the terrace.
The food was basically the same every single meal and wasn't very nice to be honest. The bar staff would only pour a quarter pint of beer and sometimes would only give out one drink per person at a time, which with six of us got a bit ridiculous but I understand it was to stop the eastern euros from drinking the place dry.
Trips to recommend are Luxor and the Jeep safari,and the boat trips are good. The shopping in town is ok if you ask one of the hotel staff to accompany you, otherwise you will be hasseled a lot and they organise taxis and everything.
All in all it was okay as we kept ourselves to ourselves most of the time but if you want a few other English and decent food then do not go here! Good for slimmers though!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

Rooms were not clean and i poor shape, f...

Reviewed Fri 11th of July 2008

"Rooms were not clean and i poor shape, food was unfortunenty very bad. There was not enough poolchairs for the guests neither at the beach nor at the pool.....
Staff was rude, we moved after 2½ day...."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of July 2008

Just spent a week at the Sunny Days El P...

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2007

"Just spent a week at the Sunny Days El Palacio, very poor.

We were the only English there and although the staff looked after us very well, it was completely ruined by the Russians/eastern Europeans. never have I seen such behaviour.

When the restaurant opened they ran, yes ran, to get to the food, they piled their plates so full that food fell off (they didn’t bother to pick it up!). They took what food was left out of the restaurants and ate on the beach despite signs and staff asking them not to.

The drinks were the same, nearly full glasses left all over, while they got fresh ones, the response to this by the hotel management was to restrict everyone to one drink each, which doesn't sound a bad idea except you had to collect it personally, i.e., I had to queue to get a drink, then my friend had to queue to get his, even complaining to the management did not help.

To end on a good note the hotel has now opened a separate restaurant for western Europeans but it is only open for dinner not lunch, the food was of good quality and variety.

The hotel in general was clean and well kept, some refurb was going on but did not interfere with our stay."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of December 2007

I went here in May 2005, and thought aft...

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2007

"I went here in May 2005, and thought after reading these comments, I had to write one. I was there with my husband and another couple of our friends, whom, may I add share the same thoughts. This hotel should be classed as a 10* never mind a 4*.

Food excellent, rooms excellent, staff cant do enough for you, entertainment team were brilliant. You are treated like royalty.

The 2 weeks we were here, my husband celebrated his birthday as did my friends husband, and the waiters put on a party at meal time in evening, decorated the tables with the most gorgeous flowers and petals and all dressed in their whites for the occasion and came out singing happy birthday in Egyptian. Also, hotel management were there.

All in all the hotel is first class, no-one in their right minds can say different. Sad, the taxi driver is worth his weight in gold. Took us all over the place for next to nothing.

If you treat them with respect, they treat you the same and make your holiday 100%."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2007

Great holiday, staff really helpful and...

Reviewed Tue 11th of September 2007

"Great holiday, staff really helpful and nice. The night-life was well away from the room at the hotel, and the room was so peaceful. We had a brilliant time and would definitely go back. The Thomas Cook rep was brilliant, really helpful and friendly, but not too pushy. We went on several trips and was happy with the price and the experience. Highly recommended"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of September 2007

A friend and I spent an amazing two week...

Reviewed Wed 11th of July 2007

"A friend and I spent an amazing two weeks in Egypt, the hotel was great, had no bath plug but one was delivered ten minutes after phoning down to reception.

The food was good, especially the fish restaurant, the laggoon is great for relaxing in, just be careful not to get burnt.

Had two fantastic day trips Luxor and Cairo. Both left us wanting to see more of Egypt and we had such an amazing experience that we will be going again next year.

Would give it ten out of ten.

• Travel date: Wed 11th of July 2007

We spent 3 weeks at the El Palacio over...

Reviewed Sat 24th of March 2007

"We spent 3 weeks at the El Palacio over Christmas and New Year. After spending 11 consecutive years in India for Christmas all we can say is we are back to India for Christmas 07. This is a 4 Star hotel with a 1 Star restaurant.

The food was terrible. We were all ill, with my wife actually in hospital for 3 days. The hotel doctor is excellent (practice I guess). The staff was friendly and liked the English.

The hotel was fully occupied over Christmas and New Year with 90% guests Russian.
I would recommend you eat early in the restaurant because the majority of guests don’t understand the difference between all you can eat and as much as you can carry away! It was not enjoyable and we will not be going back.

• Travel date: Sat 24th of March 2007

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in Augu...

Reviewed Wed 29th of November 2006

"Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in August. Really good.

The food wasn't the best, but it certainly wasn't the worst. We ate well every night. Didn't go to the fish restaurant, but had a couple of visits to the Italian. Very nice. Food was available all day. Late night room service was very good and very cheap. Staff in dining room and bar very attentive.

Room boy looked after our room to a high standard throughout our stay. The pool got a bit busy, but the lagoon was always quiet and always warm. Be aware that the lagoon is pretty deep, so not safe for unsupervised kids. Probably over 20 foot deep in places. Snorkelling is really good from the far side of the hotel.

Never a problem getting a sun bed whatever time you get up. Beds around the pool do get full early, but it’s far nicer around the sea or lagoon and there are always beds available.

Booked PADI open water course for myself and PADI junior open water course for my 11 year old son. We did the course with Easy Divers. They were great, especially with my son. I would certainly recommend them to new and experienced divers alike.

They picked us up from the hotel every morning, 3 min drive to another hotel and the class and house reef. My wife came with us and sunbathed while we dived so she wasn't left on her own.

Overall, we would definitely consider this hotel again next year. Although it’s not really a 4*+ hotel, it’s certainly a decent 3*. The British are in a minority at this hotel which is a major bonus for me.

I go away to experience different cultures and its nice to escape the fish & chip brigade, although there are the normal fast food outlets in Hurghada. The hotel taxis are very reliable and reasonably priced.

Went to Sharm last year, but preferred Hurghada. "

• Travel date: Wed 29th of November 2006

The hotel appeared to be lovely and clea...

Reviewed Tue 15th of August 2006

"The hotel appeared to be lovely and clean. Staff very friendly and plenty of good food to choose from, but.....

After 2 days there we got awful stomach cramps, then diarrhoea and then the vomiting on top of all this. We constantly felt bloated, spent most of our Honeymoon on the toilet.

When we returned home, stool samples were sent to our GP and the results tested positive with Shigella. A very contagious bacteria infection. This is caught from either drinking water or eating food, that's contaminated with human faeces!!!

We had a further week off from work due to this and our local council wrote to us concerned about this and advised we post this alarming incident on this website, to warn other travellers.

We were careful and only drank bottled water, no ice in our drinks etc and still became ill. Many other English we met were also poorly with the same symptoms!

Our travel rep told it's an Egyptian bacteria in the air and everyone gets it and to go to the hospital for tablets. Please be warned.

• Travel date: Tue 15th of August 2006

Hotels near Sunny Days El Palacio Resort & Spa

Stayed at Sunny Days El Palacio Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sunny Days El Palacio Resort & Spa

• Anniiee by Anniiee

"Luxor and Cairo and the site in general "

Sunny Days El Palacio Resort & Spa is also called