Good
( 2004 reviews)

Brilliant hotel and staff

Reviewed Mon 26th of September 2016

"This was our third visit in a year. The staff can't do enough for you. Muhammed on reception always gives you the best room he can (shame people are still not happy with a free upgrade). He's most helpful. The bar, pool and restaurant staff are all very friendly and look after everyone so well no matter what country you are from. The hotel is very clean. If you visit find out about options for evening meals, there is more than just a buffet "

• Travel date: Sat 17th of September 2016

Affordable clean hotel

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2016

"The main reason we went for this hotel was because of the price. You get what you pay for. The hotel was clean and staff were friendly even though most can't speak English. But hotel needs updating TV is old and mostly catered for the German and all bedding's and towels need changing as they're really old. Has few issues with air conditioning as they were weren't cooling the room and got locked out of my room due to door lock malfunctioning. Food is average and pretty much the same everyday and were quite tasteless. As we were on all inclusive deal drinks were available all day and offers snacks as well which was the same all the time. The only good thing about this hotel was the private beach and located close to the airport. If you wish to do excursions then please use the ones at the hotel instead of the local ones the hotel will be more pricey but will be more reliable than the one we went to. Beware of the taxi drivers as they will try on con you and charge you at a ridiculous price. But all in all the holiday was ok and I do recommend this hotel as it was cheap deal but honestly I won't be going back there again."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of July 2016

worst holiday ever

Reviewed Wed 9th of July 2014

"We were moved into this pigsty , because Red Sea Holidays had overbooked our chosen one.
the food isn't fit to feed to pigs , cold, uncooked and just like pigswill.
staff does not like English only have time for Germans which in this hotel is over 90% .dnt matter how much you tip you still wont get served with anything.waiters just walk past you and serve the Germans, most of the staff only German or Russian."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2014

Dishonest theiving staff - outside the hotel the situation is worse

Reviewed Mon 13th of January 2014

"We decided to spend new year in Egypt. We booked the grand Siva as it was cheap and all inclusive. We ended up loosing over £1000 of electronics after our bags were gone through by the cleaner. The hotel denies it happened and says we lost the items which is giving us problems with the insurance - don't ever go.

Full review here: http://www.garrywalker.com/2014/01/10/theives-and-liars-at-the-siva-grand-beach-hotel/"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of January 2014

Our stay at the Siva Beach

Reviewed Fri 14th of October 2011

"We have just returned from our holiday in the Siva beach this is the fifth time of staying there and I can only say it gets better.
Our room was a bunglow in the grounds very clean and comfortable.
The food was freshly cooked with plenty of choices in the main dining rooms and good choice of foods during the day at the pool and beach bar.

Fresh bottled water left in our room daily our room was cleaned every day with clean sheets and towels, staff were friendly and couldnt do enough for you, they do expect a tip this is the culture in Egypt so visit the bank for some smaller denomination notes to show your apprieciation if you have good service.
We visited Gouchos Steak Bar one of the none inclucive resturants for my Birthday while there, although its not cheap well worth a visit for a wonderful meal. I cannot understand some of the negative reports of this great hotel and we shall be visiting again next year.
Ann Price"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of October 2011

Ok, if ya don't mind ants in ya pants!

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2011

"Well. . . .Where do I start? This was my 10th visit to Egypt and my 4th to Hurghada during last 5 years and by far the worst hotel I have ever had the displeasure of staying in. We chose it as the hotel's website was massively impressive and we wanted to make the most of our two week holiday. The hotel boasted it had two swimming pools and an array of restaurants to choose from however, this certainly was not the case. There were three main restaurants for all inclusive guests and all the others were chargeable as they were part of the Siva Grand Mall. Very misleading, and if we had known this we would have definitely not chosen this hotel for a two week stay.

Two of the restaurants were identical with the same choice of food so I didn't really see the point of it. May I stress that we are not fussy eaters and have never been unhappy with the choice at evening meals before but this was the worst choice ever! It was extremely repetitive and I'm guessing it was just a ploy to get you to spend money in the other restaurants. Saying that, the choices of snacks throughout the daytime were much better and the general waiter service was ok so long as you tipped regularly and of course you were of German origin. I myself prefer to tip for receipt of good service and not bribe staff to receive any service at all. This hotel was clearly looking after the German guests and we couldn't help noticing the difference in the standard of service that the fairer guests received.

The main pool had very basic and facilities and the additional pool was a tiny shallow children’s pool which was a little disappointing. However, there was no problem finding sun loungers on a daily basis providing you got out early for the best spots. The Siva Grand beach was by far one of the nicest I had ever had the pleasure of using. It had its own sandy pier that jutted out into a far stretch of clear shallow water and it was truly beautiful. (Please see the attached photos) There was also the bonus of having a vast promenade directly outside the hotel that you could gladly stroll upon in the evenings and shop till your heart’s content. A lot of the shops had set prices so you did not have to waste time and energy haggling with the assistants. This was a good thing for us as we enjoyed getting out on an evening without the fuss of arranging taxis and since the hotels evening entertainment was absolutely terrible it was a godsend to be able to escape it.

We had two suites situated on the ground floor of the main building. The rooms were very spacious and were kept immaculately clean (see photos) however, no amount of cleaning could combat the clearly visible ant infestation. I first noticed this whilst in the bathroom and once we complained they brought an exterminator immediately to fumigate the bathroom. So it was clear the hotel were well aware of this problem. As our stay progressed so did the infestation, we were finding regular bites on our bodies as they spread throughout the bedroom. We eventually found them crawling everywhere, in our beds and even in the fridge!!! The mattresses on the beds were very hard and it was difficult to obtain a good night’s sleep. Then there was the beach towel problem that I believe many guests complained about. It was like getting blood out of a stone to swap dirty towels for clean ones. There wasn't a facility to change them like every other Egyptian hotel we have stayed in. Apparently the system was that housekeeping came round at 6pm every evening to change the towels if required. This was not the case though, we were always in our room at 6pm but they never came to check. So, after making several complaints we finally had them automatically changed every other day however, it was a large effort on our part to receive this service.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends as there were far too many bad points as opposed to good. I can say this as I have stayed in many hotels in Egypt at a fraction of the cost and had a much more enjoyable stay. However, I will say that the hotel has an impressive lobby and all of its grounds were kept remarkably clean and the gardens were beautiful. However, the hotel does need to extensively focus on training the staff to be a lot more hospitable and it needs to demolish the very disturbing ant infestation that greatly ruined our holiday. I would not return to this hotel but I won't let it stop me from holidaying in hurghada in the future. I am already planning a large group trip to celebrate my birthday next February but the Siva will definitely not be on the agenda.

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2011

Holiday - June 2011

Reviewed Tue 14th of June 2011

"Have just come back from a week at Siva - didn't know what to expect as have never been to Egypt before. Hotel was well above our expectations - although mainly German's staying there, there was a few English and the staff made our stay very welcome.

If you want a mad nightlife then this isn't the resort or hotel for you, however if you want a nice chillax week away then this is the place for you.

Rooms were a good size and clean, people friendly (especially the lovely Aziz in Siva bar who couldn't do enough for you), food was fine (pool side snack restaurant was great), reasonable choice for everyone, pool was lovely and beach/sea was fantastic.

It was a lovely week away so thank you to the people of Siva Grand and the guests staying the same week as us which made it very enjoyable."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2011

Been back 5 times and still love it.

Reviewed Fri 27th of November 2009

"We have been to this hotel 5 times and love everything about it. My children loved it and they had the freedom of going around the hotel grounds without needing suppervision. The staff are wonderful and cannot do enough for you. First class hotel for a first class holiday.... So glad RedSea Holidays started doing package deals from the UK again."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of November 2009

I travelled there with my partner last n...

Reviewed Tue 29th of April 2008

"I travelled there with my partner last november. We hated everything about the place. Our room was in such shabby conditions for a 4+ star hotel we wouldn't even put a pig in there to stay.

All the staff want is for you to tip them after everything they do for you, the food was awlful, the hotel was dirty all over.

We have stayed in better 2 star hotels where they have been so clean it puts the Siva Grand Hotel to shame.

We had taken pictures of our accommodation because it was so bad. We also had a leak in the bathroom which when someone came to look at it they used our towel to clean up the puddle on the floor and put back on the shelf for us to use!

Don't go to this hotel if you are expecting to have a good time as it will be a holiday nightmare trust us!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of April 2008

My partner and i travelled to Egypt in N...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of April 2008

"My partner and i travelled to Egypt in November, we arrived at night so the hotel looked great all lit up. We was showed to our room and when we gave the bell man a tip he asked for more, we said no he then left we thought ok he might have been trying it on. Or so we thought!

We was so tired from travelling that we went straight to the hall to get something to eat.. all the food we looked at did not look very appealing until we came across some spag bog. which we gave it a go and it wasn't too bad all we hoped is that it would get better....

We woke up on the saturday morning and was so shocked of how shabby the room was, because we arrived at night and was tired from traveling all we wanted to do was go to sleep so we didn't worry about unpacking or anything.

When we woke up we discovered the following:
1. We had mould around the edge of the bath and the plug didn't fit the plug hole.
2. Damp so bad on the walls the plaster was falling off.
3. The cloth around the edge of the bed was all hanging down.
4. On one wall we had a light lying in a shade with bare wires and the shade was only holding up by 1 hook.
5. Our door chain was broken so we had to rely on the lock on the door which if you pulled down on the handle the door just came open and we was on the ground floor next to the exit in one of the bungalows.
6. We had a leak in the bathroom which we tried 4 times to get somone to have a look at it as we thought it was leaking around the toilet, when someone finally came they mopped up the puddle on the floor with one of our towels and placed it back on the shelf for us to use (who knows what jerms were in the puddle), we asked our rep for something to be done and for clean towels and bedding but he didn't seem bothered about doing anything so we had taken it into our own hands but still didn't get anywhere.

We ate out most of the time as the food was discusting and going by the state of our room we wonderd how clean was the kitchen. We basicly lived on cloke and pringles for the week. If we could of got a flight home earlier we would of.

We had young children coming up to us from off the streets hanging on our arms and kissing us saying they were cold and hungry.

If you moved your sunbed even an inch the staff were there moving it for you then holding out there hand for a tip.

The pool had mould all on the bottom

Overall i wouldn't recommend anyone going there at all we are still fighting for compensation now (April 08).

We have recieved several letters from customer relations about this and they even said the hotel was below the regulations for the time of year and the rating of the hotel.

Its ment to be a 4+ star hotel we have styed in better 2 star hotels in the past and we will never be going to siva grand beach hotel, hurghada, egypt again.

We have photos of the state of the room so if anyone don't belive us we will show you!

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of April 2008

excellent hotel.great staff very clean a...

Reviewed Sat 12th of April 2008

"excellent hotel.great staff very clean and tidy good food excellent location and brilliant beach.i would highly recommend if you can get booked.i booked and paid for this holiday for may 2008 and this month april 2008 this holiday was cancelled due to the thomas cook group failling to renew their contract with the red sea holiday group of egypt .i have been to the siva beach grand hotel in hurghada and the ghazala gardens in sharm el sheik both are red sea holiday group and their hotels are first class 5 star.thomas cook offered me a hotel in hurghada that was no way compatable with the siva beach grand hotel.i am very annoyed they can do this only seven weeks before i am due to fly out.i feel this will put a dampner on any holiday thaat i have this year as i was really looking forward to going back siva beach grand hotel. has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know a way roundabout it as you cant book any of these hotels with a uk operator."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of April 2008

Stayed at the Siva Grand Beach in Hurgha...

Reviewed Wed 12th of March 2008

"Stayed at the Siva Grand Beach in Hurghada after a Nile Cruise.
First impressions: Good! Everywhere is sparkling clean and marble floors polished so as to be very slippery - caution, don't stop quickly!

Rooms (standard double) large and clean, free safety deposit box in wardrobe. As always, not nearly enough hangars for two people with many changes of clothing.

Laundry service - excellent, inexpensive and quick.

Staff are very friendly - although a few Egyptian pounds baksheesh (tip) helps them remember who you are and keeps them returning to you.

All Inclusive - with many exceptions, times and a distinct absence of waiters when you need them. The waiters flogging imported wines can always be found, however.

Food - not terribly nice. Lack of choice, cold, unappetising, bland and uninspiring in the main restaurants. Ice cold burgers, chips and hotdogs in the Pool Grill. Chef of Pool Grill spotted handling both raw and cooked burgers with the same hand, without washing. Only things worthwhile were the chicken soups (get 'em while they're hot) in the main restaurants and the freshly made crépes in La Terrace.
I and many, many other people fell ill with the dreaded Pharaoh's Revenge (diahorroea and vomiting) and went to the nearby (next-door) pharmacy for their customary cure - anti-sickness tablets and a vile green bottle, took about 3 days to get over it.
The cullinary cleanliness must have deteriorated recently, because this place was highly recommended to me last year. The pharmacist, though, advised someone in another party to "come back, but not to the Siva, as it has a `reputation` for this kind of thing".
I've read other reviews saying that it was excellent, provided you ate at the local McD's (about 200yds down the road), or an external restaurant, but this isn't what you want to do when you've paid for All Inclusive.

On the whole - excellent choice if you wear shoes with grips, decide to eat out, like fizzy beer and cheap local wines, or carry large amounts of cash in small doses to tip each waiter every time you see them.
Oh, and if you're young, female and sexy, the waiters will spend 30 minutes taking your order and will deliver it in 30 seconds; otherwise it'll be memorised in 20 seconds and you won't see it for an hour, after which it'll be wrong. Lost count of the times I got tonic water instead of sprite, sprite instead of coke, brandy instead of whisky, et c.

• Travel date: Wed 12th of March 2008

Hotels near Siva Grand Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Siva Grand Beach Hotel

• Melissa72 by Melissa72

"The hotel is in a good location with it's own promenade, brilliant for for socialising, eating, shopping and much more. "

• price family by price family

"Try the different resturants "

• jasperbaby by jasperbaby

"please best would be dnt go in this hotel "

• Essex Girl (Sam) by Essex Girl (Sam)

"Don't do the Asian Night at the Oasis Restaurant - it was nice but a bit of a rip off as the Egyptian dancers were then outside on the main stage doing the same routine for free and we paid GBR 15 each "

• Cini by Cini

"Hard Rock Cafe in Hurghada...... Quad biking acorss the desert........ Dessert Safari. "

• Woowendy by Woowendy

"Look for evening meal options "

Siva Grand Beach Hotel is also called