We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa

Village Road, Hurghada 84511 Egypt

Good

I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

"This hotel was the only disappointing part of our stay in Egypt! Staff is very bad at English, main buildings are far away from the beach ("beach" means a port with stones and oil), quality of food is poor... But the worse was the smell in the room.
Animation, diving and submarine programs were good, but it's simply not enough.
If you still have the possibilty, change your mind and choose another hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of May 2009

Not the best, but...

"Not bad at all...

My girlfriend and i caught this on a last minute deal, it wasn't our first choice but i think we got the better deal out of it. We chose the all-inclusive deal and were very happy with the quality of the food and service during our meals, the tables were cleared and reset promptly and we hardly ever had trouble finding a nice table in the outdoor dining area. During Breakfast a chef was on hand to prepare omelette's to order and pasta to order during Dinner and there was a Large selection. I'm a known "Fussy Eater" but i had no problems finding something to make my mouthwater...

On the subject of drinks. All-inclusive doesn't, mean that you'll get the best quality. That said, if you order a Gin & Tonic it's actually quite good! Better than home my GF said. The Beer was a nice clean Pilsner (which, in some areas you can literaly help yourself too) and we had a very good evening on Rum/Brandy & Coke. To sum up, drink mixes. And try the Pool Bar ask "what's Egyptian and 35cm?" If a tall skinny guy puts his hand up, then that's one of the funnies barmen I've met.

Go Diving!
Look for Deep Divers in Hurgada, it's P.A.D.I. 5-star, best i've seen...

Just to qualify my opinion.
I work in a four star hotel as barman and steward. So, i kinda know it from both sides...

Rgds Chris

[email protected]"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2008

Above my expectations

Good

"In April 2008, my wife and I went in a tour of Egypt for 16 days. We spent 5 days at Sindbad Aqua Park (Sindbad Club). By the nature of our trip we had no clue what was the hotel we will be accommodated until the last minute. So, i made a list of all 4 stars hotels in Hurgada and their ratings from TripAdvisor. We arrived at Hurgada airport at midnight and by 1am we found out that we will stay at Sindbad. I was in shock because it was at the bottom of the list I've made.

Room:
After tipping the receptionist with 10 euro we go a very spacious room, very clean and we had a view towards the pools.

Food & Beverages:
Because we had access to the restaurants and bars to 3 Sindbad hotels I can say that the food was pretty diverse. The quality was average but the food in Egypt is very average. The quality of beverages was very poor and there was no diversity. In Egypt Jonny Walker Red Label is considered special wiskey. I'm a gourmet who lost weight in Egypt :) (That's not necesarily a bad thing)

Beach:
The beach is clean and was not crowded. There were plenty of sun beds and the water was very clean. The water was clean even in the little harbor. I was worried that there were big boats so close but there were no oil or gas spots or anything like that in the water.

Pools & water slides:
We are aqua park lovers by nature :) and here the slides were ok and nice. The pools were very clean.

Service:
In a country where the policemen ask for tips, its pretty obvious what you have to do to get good service. After I've tipped key personal (bartenders, waiters, beach piccolo, cleaning personnel) I can say that the service was excellent.

Tourists:
Yes, there were mostly Russian and German. For me this was great because i cant speak Russian nor German so it was like little background noise :)"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of May 2008

Excellent! - Staff and hotel - Excellent!

"Have just returned from a week at this hotel with my husband and had to write a review as I cannot believe the negative comments on this hotel! We stayed at the Aqua park hotel and the room was lovely and clean and very spacious. The staff in the whole complex couldnt have been more helpful and polite. We were waited on hand and foot! Even when using the public toilet a lady who works in the toilet keeping it spotless handed me papre towels and opened waste bin for me to put it in.

You were able to help yourself to water, soft drinks, wine, beer and spirits but waiters were always on hand to bring you drinks.(this was greatly appreciated when lying round the pol relaxing)

I am really annoyed about the comments regarding staff, I have never met anymore friendly and helpul staff - I can only suggest people must have been rude and arrogant with staff as I cannot fault one member of staff.

We used the restaurant at the aqua park and it was a quiet intimate restaurant and the food was lovely!

I cannot recommend this hotel enough!!"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of March 2008

Sinbad Club -- ** very average ** !!!!

"Hurghada (Egypt): Sinbad Club ("Average !!)
Date: March 17, 2008
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member, Netherlands

We have just returned from a couple of days at the Sibad Club in Hurghada (Egypt). We had a bad experience with the reception when we arrived late at night. Check-in process was very cumbersome ans at a certain moment the reception supervisor ahandling our check-in started to argue loudly with his staff, just walked awy and let us standing there. When he returned after 15 minuted there was no excuse at all !!
Hotel is very average, full of russian tourists and not worth the 4* rating both in accomodation as in food quality.
restaurants are overcrowded and badly organized."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of March 2008

The Biggest Loser!

"Booked for a week for family of 5, but only could take it for 2 nights! Unfriendly, non-english speaking, and only serves russian and german tour groups. After arranging an airport transfer with the hotel the day prior, they failed to pick us up, and were unmoved when we called the front desk. While we were there, the shower broke (creating a waterfall), the bathroom smelled like a sewer, and the very tired room was infested with ants. Upon checkout, they tried to charge us for someone else's roomservice bill. The name printed on the bill was clearly not mine. When I protested, the desk said, "But you have 5 people in your room". This bill was not from any of them. Extremely frustrating experience! If you want to a relaxed vacation/holiday/getaway...DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!

For reference, we have traveled to China, Thailand, USVI, Marianas, Turkey, Japan, and western Europe; Sindbad Aqua was our worst hotel experience."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2008

Terrible experience

"We have just returned from Egypt where we spent a week over the Christmas holidays. This is not our first time in Egypt. We have been going there for years. Each time we stay in a 5* resort. This year we stayed at the Sindbad Aqua Park Hotel, which is supposed to be a 4*+ resort. Let me start by saying that the staff of that hotel are the most unfriendly staff I have ever seen. It starts at the reception where two very unfriendly staff members make you feel that you as a customer are an annoyance to them. Each and every bar has the most unfriendly bartenders I have ever see in my life. I dont drink hard liquor, I mostly orderd soft drinks like coke and 7up. It almost seemed to me that by being unfriendly, the staff are trying to repulse customers and therefore limit the consumption of drinks, soft drinks. I came once to the bar and ordered cappuccino. They make cappuccino by using instant Nescafe and adding foamed milk. There were 4 bartenders behind the bar. All standing and not working. When I ordered the cappuccino, there was no reaction from any of the idle bartenders. I repeated my request, and one of the bartenders said to the other bartender "you do it". The other bartender said "no you do it". They were so lazy and unfriendly. It took them at the end 10 minutes to serve me an instant Nescafe topped with foamed milk. As far as food is concerned, well that is another horror story. The choice is very limited and again the staff in the restaurant the most unfriendly staff I have ever seen. Quality of food was horrible, very fatty. One night they were serving steaks. the steak had 10% meat and 90% fat. In the morning, I enjoy a good coffee. It sets the tone of my day. The coffee that they have for breakfast is simply undrinkable. I never tasted something more horrible than that. I settled in the morning for hot chocolate. Another thing that bothered me alot is the behavior of some Russians in that hotel. About 60% of the guests in that hotels are Russians. Not all, but so many Russian spit on the beach. I know that I am walking barefoot on the beach and know that I will step on one of those spits is not a good feeling. Every night, some Russians got drunk. The first time we saw drunk Russians we thought it was amusing. The next time we saw again drunk Russians, it was not amusing anymore. In summary, there are much better places in Hurghada where you dont experience the nightmare that I described above."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of January 2008

First real shock in 6 years of Egypt

"This Hotel is the 6.th hotel we stayed at in Hurghada. We generally stay in 5 star hotels, so in comparision this hotel is a max. 3 star hotel. All other vacations so far were very pleasant , but this hotel was the first shock we ever had in Egypt.
I had read the reviews already and read that the staff is unfriendly. I could not believe it because in 6 years of Egypt I have never seen such a thing as an unfriendly Egyptian. But this hotel is amazing, it is true, as soon as you arrive you are treated as if you are bothering everybody. The receptionist tried to chase me away, the waiters run and bang! into you or cut you off, the bartenders dont even feel like making you anything to drink without a big hassle. In that one week it became obvious that the whole hotel is fighting, the managers constantly yell at the employees, the employees constantly yell at each other, and of course at us. That was the first time we met a big group of very unfriendly Egyptians!!!! Must be the fault of the Manager. Unfortunately I have to say that the best way to deal with the extremely unfriendly staff is to immediatly yell back at them, they then are very surprised that you dont take that [--] and try to calm you down by doing what you actually asked for.

The Hotel is divided into Sindbad Aqua Park - DONT GO THERE!!!!! and across the street is Sindbad Beach Hotel, which has a bit better standard.

FOOD:
The food they cook is the same for both hotels. Then you have some restaurants to chose from, supposedly, but it goes like that> we went to the Lebanese Restaurant, because we love Lebanese Food, all excited! the waiter comes and shows us some prawns, do you want them? yes yes yes, our mouth is watering, Surprise, not all inclusive. Instead we get some broth with frozen vegetables and chicken with rice, thats it. This choice of restaurants is a trick, it is not better to go there. we tried also the Greek restaurant, where we got served cold meat (yuck), so after both these experiences we immediatly went down to the main cafeteria to get some more normal food.
Food was definitely the worst in the last 6 years that even our children started crying when we went back to the main restaurant for food, ha ha. Coffee lovers can just forget it, the coffee is really so bad that you start drinking Nescafe. Nowhere you get coffee served but at the reception of both hotels. No fruits but some sour grapefruits in sight, oh well, I forgot, every 10 minutes some unfriendly Egyptian circles past you and tries to offer you a plate of strawberries - which of course you have to pay. Of course my kids went crazy over that after no seeing fruits for a week.
At the xmas party we went to get some chicken and meat kebab (my kids all excited, finally good food), but it turned out that all the kebabs were 90% raw!!!!! how disgusting!!!!!!

Rooms:
The rooms must be at least 20 years old, the mold is in the shower along the whole wall, it is amazing how fast it grows there, every day I could find new black sports between the tiles. Looks like a family of mosquitos lives in the ventilation system in the bathroom , and every night they come out, ca 10 of them and suck our blood. So you have to ask the cleaning guy to spray there, but it lasts only for 1 day. Our room also didnt have a safe and not much cupboard space.

Entertainment:
Sindbad Aqua Park Hotel is mainly for sleeping, you go across to Sindbad Beach for the Slides and the beach. The slides were very cool for the kids, they went down them the whole vacation. The beach is pitiful, some 200m and blocked on both sides so you can not go for any extended walk. This made the vacation quite boring for us. We wanted to rent the Catamaran but it had already so many holes and rips that we probably wouldnt have made it back from the Red Sea.
Furthermore the hotel decided to build a ship docking station right at the beach so 2 big boats come constantly into this harbour, water quality is a bit oily. The kids animators I found as unmotivated and incompetent as the rest of the staff (of course there is always a couple of exceptions).
The good thing is that the hotel is right at a mega shopping road with McDonald, KFC and Pizza Hut in a 200m radius, so for shopping lovers the locations is good."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of December 2007

Large impersonal Hotel

"We stayed here just three days on the end of our trip to Egypt. We had already spent 4 days on a Nile Cruise ship travelling from Luxor to Aswan so we had been spoilt on board (treated like royalty) it was therefore a bit of a come down at the Sinbad Aquapark. We arrived after a horrific journey by bus (from Aswan via Luxor, driving in convoy) at midnight to a cold dinner! We were allocated tables which were dirty with used plates! A very bad first impression, also the staff were not overly friendly, it was all a bit impersonal. Internet was available at a charge but was so incredibly slow it just wasn't worth it. The rooms were clean and quite nice, we were on the ground floor looking out towards the side (aquapark). We didn't get the time to visit the aquapark but were already put off as the main pool was freezing cold.....and completely empty! The weather was warm so we did do a spot of sunbathing by the poolside (plenty of sunbeds). We noticed a lot of people had 'all inclusive' but we had just half board. The beach was just a few minutes walk away but quite small and busy. All in all a hotel close to the airport, good for making excursions. We took the jeep tour (to the desert) and saw the Bedouin people and also quad, go-kart, camel, horse, sand sailing, evening show and bbq (recommended)."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of November 2007

It was a nice stay

"The hotel has an Aquapark which my children loved very much. The waterslides are for bigger kids (my children are both 4 years old) but they had also short slides for smaller kids.

The beach was in about 5 - 10 min. walking distance. It is actually in the same hotel area (Sindbad Beach Resort) and therefore we could use the restaurants and beach bar for free. (We booked All-Inclusive).

The Front Desk Staff were not very friendly and helpful, but one Guest Relation lady helped us a lot.

The marine center at the beach offered an excursion with which I am rather disappointed. We booked the "Mahmya Tour" for the Mahmya Beach (Giftun Isl.) and we were brought to the edge of Paradise Beach which was next to Mahmya, since you need an additional fee to enter the Mahmya Beach. The Paradise Beach was also very beautiful and we could see the Mahmya Beach also, but it is not what they promised.

The hotel itself is a big one with over 500 rooms (I think) and the room, the restaurants, the lobby and the pool area were all clean and tidy.

I would love to come back if the F/O staff were a little nicer ...
Maybe we will try the other two facilities, Sindbad Beach Resort or Sindbad Aqua Resort."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of May 2007

sinbad from hell...

"myself n a number of friends stayed here in january this year, 12 in total ranging ages from 2 years to middle aged with teenagers and early twentys, reading these reviews im so glad our group wasnt the only group to say we were treat disgracefully, the bar staff were horrible ignorant n unhelpful, there was rats keeping us awake scratching in the air con vents, so loud we were sared they were in the room, the food was same night after night for 2 weeks and this was the worst holiday off our lives, i have always wanted to visit egypt and have done so now and will never go back, i strongly recomend going to cyprus and going on a 3 day cruise to egypt cos thats about all you will stand being hounded anywhere u go and being treat so bad"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2012

at your own risk

"would not give 2 stars,food poor, rooms very basic, smell of ?faecis follows you all around hotel and grounds.Came home with terrible case of gastroenteritis.need money for tipping from the minute you step of the plane.staff dont want to know you if what you want does not involve a tipp. Never again.......Hurgada is just a building site"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of January 2011

Hotels near Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa

Stayed at Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa

• kimbo by kimbo

"you have to make your own mind up, but please dont go "

• Eileen L by Eileen L

"go to the beach n avoid the staff as much as possibble specailly the italian what an ignorant man he is "

Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa is also called