SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort

Safaga Road 20 Km Safaga Road - Red Sea, Hurghada 84511 Egypt

Good

Not suitable for disabled.

"Having booked with Panorama in August 2007 for two weeks at the Grand Siva, we were informed nine weeks prior to departure, that we would be now staying at the Mamlouk Palace, as Thomas Cook now dealt with all Panorama bookings. This was a 'take it or leave it' offer, of which we accepted with some reservations about this hotel not being suitable.
On arrival the rooms had not been allocated, and as we were two couples, wanted rooms together, and as two fot he party were disabled, wanted something no more than first foor. We got second floor, ( 4 flights of stairs).As the block was close to reception/dining room/bar, and not at the far end of the complex,we accepted.On arrival the roomswere very clean, plenty of towels etc, a 'fridge' ( more a cool box ),which was stocked with soft drinks, but only stocked once, thereafter had to be bought. WHY?As we were all inclusive , the drinks were paid for anyway!!No tea/coffe facilities, as we were told the a bar was open 24 hours for tea etc, but that meant having to get dressed, go up and down flights of stairs just for a cup of coffee!!
Room service then went downhill daily. Constant complaining about having no towels,toilet paper and toiletries in the room.Floors not swept.building working being carried out ,with an angle grinder in constant use directly outside our block, and even being used one morning at 0130 hours for nearly an hour.We were compensated by management for this, when we threatened to make an official complaint to Thomas Cook.We received a late room booking and the ladies got a full massage cheaper.
The hotel is not suitable for wheelchairs or walking difficulties disabled as there is no lifts, and all blocks are down flights of stairs from reception.
The food was passable by repetative, more suited to the Eastern Europeans staying there .The TEXMEX and ORIENTAL restuarants can be used (and were) on as many occasions as you wished, but book early.
For the older tourist, I found not a lot to do outside the hotel trip-wise, apart from Luxor, which we did over two days. Once again not altogether suitable for disabled, as involved a lot of walking over rough ground(Valley of the Kings and Temples).Temperatures were in the 50s , so very ,very hot with little shade.
The Thomas Cook rep, Julia was a truly helpfull person ,dedicated to her job, who did listen and act on our comments ?complaints, and got things sorted.
The sea is too cloudy for snorkling.
Would I use this hotel again? No.Would I go back to Hurghada? Probably not, as Sharm el Shiek was far better."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

i loved every second....

"we just came back from surise mamlouk palace in Hurghada....
it was beautifull holiday....everything was great from the hotel, room, staff and food...
we had wonderful time over there the food was excellent we had a wide varity of food ....really u can't go hungary at this hotel .... the service was excellent they always serve with a big smile on thier faces..."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of July 2008

brilliant holiday brilliant hotel

"we were a party of fifteen adults and teenagers and everyone of us had a brilliant time we were well looked after from the moment we arrived till we went home all the staff couldnt do enough for us . has for the food i am a very fussy eater and dont like in particular chinese or indian food but we all booked the oriental, asian,mexican,and last but not least the italian restaurants the waiters couldnt do enough for us and all went out of their way to accomodate all fifteen of us kept our glasses full and all of us including myself came away full and very satisfied .we were all invited to the managers VIP party were we had nibbles and drinks and were well looked after then the ladies were given a rose and the manager presented us with a papyrus picture which was very good of them .Yasser who was at the towel station made sure we all had sunbeds together round the pool despite attempts by russians and germans to split us.we found all the bar staff in the lobby bar,bottom pool bar and the beach bar more than courteous they went over and beyond courtesy, the man who cleaned the room samir did an amazing job clearing after my grandchild ,the food in the main dining room was allways varied and i never had a problem finding something i liked and enjoyed overall we all had a most enjoyable holiday i got the best tan ive ever had it was like being in paradise what more could you ask for and i would personnally recomend sunrise mamlouk to anybody going to hurghada"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2008

Such a great Vacation! 18 days definitely not enough!

"Had a rest from May, 14th till June, 1st. A family of 4 persons of 2 adults, two children age of 2 and 8 years. Very much it was pleasant, a reluctance was to leave.
In general that all described by "the previous 2 orators" is truly and objectively, from myself I will add, that it is rather useful to learn (or to recall) 15-20 common phrases in English for simplification of dialogue (but...if You read this, everything is OK). The Russian(my homeland) dictionary of the local staff is : "hello" "how are you doing?" Numerals and "vodka without beer-waste of the money".
And, women, keep off the "table with sweets" at main restaurant! It is impossible to refuse! You just ruin your efforts to loose weight! (Joke)"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2008

Disappointing Food

"We stayed at the hotel 22nd to 29th April and having been to Egypt 6 times, knew what Egypt has to offer. However, I must agree with other reviewers, the food was disappointing. The hot food was generally luke warm and the chips were stone cold on the 2 nights we tried them . Also on one occasion I found a piece of plastic in my pasta. I always am mindful of hygiene in Egypt and this was the first time I have experienced a bad tummy bug (although I am unsure of whether it was the food or the fact that the plastic glasses at the beach bar never looked clean). I have reported my concerns to the Thomas Cook representative who informed me that there had been no problems with the food!

We found that the sun beds on the beach were reserved very early! Briitish holidaymakers were definately a minority and the hotel seemed to be occupied mainly by eastern Europeans, French and ?Egyptians. However, we did not find this to be a problem whatsoever.

We had a room in block 32 which was very nice with a sea view.
The hotel grounds and our room were kept very clean.

Overall, we would not return to this hotel. We have found better hotels in Egypt where the service and food has been considerably better."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of May 2008

Hmmmmmm !!! Not Good !!!!!!

"Well according to some of the reviews this is a great place to visit, If you like cold food and food poisoning then you'll be in paradise and will never want to leave, yes there is tipping culture to the country and if you don't then you will get bugger all, especially a drink, but to be fair a couple of Egyptian pounds gets the attentions of a waiter for the week so thats not too bad, the food however is a different matter,
They have different themes for food each day but unless you fight your way into the restaurant as it opens (and don't forget it's you against Germany) then you will have cold food, some bright spark on our last night decided to have all the food outside even though it was a windy as hell, the English are in a Minority here (25 to 1) but Thomas cook do not tell you that, this is probably why the food as it is, catered for the farterland.
These people are rude and expect you to get out of the way when they walk towards you by the last day it was all i could do not to end up smacking one of em,
I just cannot stress enough that this hotel is not for the English it is a German / European hotel.
If you want a lounger on the beach get up at 6am, if you want one by the pool get up at 7am, you can hear the alarms in peoples rooms going off at ungodly hours so that they can go and put towels down on the loungers,What is wrong with these people ???
If you have already booked, I'm sorry . If you haven't then don't."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of May 2008

good hotel

"spent two weeks at the mamlouk palace 1ST-15th and really enjoyed it. We were in room 21206 and had a cleaner called ali nasser who was absolutely fantastic and deserves every penny he works for, nothing was ever to much trouble for him. The hotel is very clean and the grounds are very picturesque. The waiter at the swim up bar was very friendly always happy and smiling all the time also very professional at his job. The food at the beach bar was the best during the day and the chef who looks like Lewis Hamilton was also very quick and polite. The entertainment could of been better and on for longer as it was only on for a hour each night. The singer in victorias bar was very good and would play any reguest asked again very professional. We also found the waiter in victorias bar to be the best in the hotel very efficient and professional lovely man. We found the lobby bar staff to be very slow and quite ignorant. My husband had to keep going to the bar his self nearly every night not the service you expect from a five star hotel. The reception staff were very helpful and always pleasent and work very hard. The food definately could of been better and catered towards BRITISH GUESTS MORE. Overall we had a lovely time and would still recommend this hotel to anybody."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2008

Nice place

Good

"Well where do I start,The first thing that strikes you is how attentive the staff are.secondly there is a tipping culture @ the hotel, a few tips here and there goes along way! The food generally is fine but I must say is not the hottest I've ever had, and I did get food poisoning, The Thomas Cook rep did mention a lot of people get food poisoning in the hotel which suggests to me something is not quite right here. Make sure you go early as the sweet section can run out. The hotel now is getting busy in late March with lots of Russians who shall we say lack some manners and don't know the concept of queuing. Most people use the heated pool but my party liked the quietness of the cool pool area (much more relaxed). I found a hole around a grid 3 feet from the edge of the cool pool where a child's foot could go down and make one bad mess of a leg, I did report this to my Thomas Cook rep hope this gets sorted quickly. The one free visit to the Tex Mex restaurant was well worth the visit, loved it! Rooms are fine for all your needs with hair dryers, TV (with English speaking movie channel) clean towels daily.Maids will do anything you ask hoping you will tip well @ the end of your stay. Internet is expensive in my eyes £4.50 for 30 mins. There is a disco next to the main bar in reception. I think this hotel is much better than the hotel next door, the Garden Beach. Went Quad biking but make sure you wear old clothes as you get filthy. Helmets DON'T have visors so dust gets in your eyes even with sunglasses on. Now we went on a boat trip to do some snorkelling this was booked when a chap came around the pool, he is based on the beach more towards the Garden Beach. This guy will try to screw you, we paid £70 for three adults but wanted to pay in Euros his conversion didn't match ours but he didn't get away with this, you have been warned! The boat trip was nice and you do see lots of fish but its all in deep water and they say three one hour snorkelling sessions but no way is it an hour each time. Life jackets I found are needed it just helps with the energy levels, younger people will be fine without one as my daughter was fine without a life jacket.All in all i would say value for money. One last thing the water slides have halted in there construction, is this a lack of money? i don't know."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of April 2008

Nice Hotel unsure of star true star rating

"We Stayed Here from 26th Feb-4th March

Nice Hotel, It is not a 5* could just scrape in as a 4* depending on what you class a 3 *!!

Rooms were very good, Clean, TV with 2 film channels in english plus other english speaking channels. Large Bathroom, Good Towels, changed daily even if you didn't need them changing! Fridge, Free Safe, Everything you need,

No Kettle, I heard people moan about this but it isnt mentioned in any brochure!!. Your Man-Maid will get you one for a small tip, and you can get sachets coffee/tea from the Buffets.
Over All the staff were fantastic, a small tip and politeness goes a long way.

The Chef at the Pool Bar made us a fantastic meat and Cheese free Pizza daily, and would give us a plate of sliced fruit. as he guessed we were veggies. Super service and all just for a few odd tips, Same with the Barmen.
Food was good, well presented and a large choice though very samey. I am a really fussy eater and as the majority of the hotel clients where Russian, I think the meals were set towards them.
I lived on Chip and Salad Buttys (chips only found in Childrens section) Bread was fantastic, My partner is a Vegan and still found lots to eat.

Pool was Fantastic. One is heated and on some days a little too warm. Try the cold pool the bar there is always empty so no waiting and very refreshing!
Clean pool towels daily, with a card system.

I didn't like the man-made beach at the hotel, I am much to used to fantastic beaches I think. Take a trip out to the Island The Beach there is fantastic and snorkeling is good, Quite a few fish. I do think the Egyptians have not looked after the reef very well though. Take a look for yourselves

We had a very fun time at this Hotel, Staff made it all the better
I cant see that there is anything to moan about if you want a 5* hotel, with all the trimmings you are going to have to pay a lot more! For the price we paid this hotel was excellent.
Dont be put off by some of the bad reviews on here they are obviously from travelers that are very picky
Dave Nick Julie"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of April 2008

Great Hotel, disappointing food

Good

"First of all we had a great time at the Sunrise Mamlouk Palace. The room was to a good standard, large bed, easy to use safe and a decent shower room. The TV was large enough, though not too much to watch. There was one decent film channel, which was showing the likes of Atonement, X-Men United and on our final morning, The Pink Panther. On the down side we had no hot water on the final morning and the keycard stopped working before we had checked out. The hotel is under the flight path but I never found the noise obtrusive. Personally I'm happy enough to watch planes going overhead anyhow.

The grounds of the hotel are lovely though the hotel is still missing some of the final touches. These aren't obvious though easy to see if you are looking. The largest being the large water feature between the heated swimming pool and the beach. The water slides are still unfinished too.

There appeared to be more than enough sunbeds round the pool and by the beach though we were never sure just how full the hotel was, the heated pool was lovely and warm though the sea wasn't as warm as I thought it would be.

Perhaps the biggest disappointment of the holiday was the food. If you want "good food" (I hate that term) then I doubt this is the hotel for you. It isn't that the food was bad, it just lacked variety. There was always Chicken, Beef and a selection of vegetables and rice. However I think it could have been better if they had had a curry, bolognese, chilli con carne, that sort of thing. There was a theme each night but I think this only applied to the barbecue. On the plus side though, the choice of cakes was excellent. Personally I could have spent the week living on them alone. The snacks at the pool/beach bar were delicious, Pizza was available everyday along with either Beef Burger/Sandwich or Chicken. All served with Chips or Salad.

Entertainment - Each night there was a performance in the amphitheatre at 9:30pm. Whether you enjoy the show is more a question of your own attitude. The professional dancers from the Ukraine are very good but the in house animation team are very amateurish. I got the feeling that there was a lot of enthusiasm but they just needed a better choreographer and guidance. It didn't help that they mimed everything. Still, we enjoyed it.

The staff, everyone was fantastic. The waiters were very attentive and always keen to renew your drinks.

Finally, there are by far more Russians than any other nationality at the hotel. Fortunately they are regarded by the waiters as arrogant and bad tippers which means that the British tend to get good service.

PS One last thing, the lighting at the hotel after dark is very muted."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of April 2008

Very windy !!

Good

"This was a lovely hotel - we were expecting a run of the mill all inclusive but this hotel wouldn't even let us carry our own bags!
The staff were lovely and friendly. Ahmed cleaned our room thoroughly each day and made sculptures with the towels - one looked like a crocodile next to a dead body! The food was OK. I'm glad we were only there for one week because I would have struggled to find anything I wanted to eat for a second week running. After a while the blandness made everything start to taste the same.
I think this resort is far more windy than, say, Sharm el Sheik as the beach was set up already with permanent wind breakers, so it made sitting on the beach unappealing. As far as the eye could see were windbreaks.
While we were there the main pool was being renovated but you wouldn't have known, there was no disruption or noise.
I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the same hotel but unfortunately I probably wont because the wind spoilt it for me. "

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2012

Best holiday

"We have been to mamlouk 2 times already once in summer, then we had Christmas there, and all I can say is wow, we loved every minute and have booked to go again this summer, it's true they treat you like family, and the staff can not do enough for you to make your holiday fab, mr raffick, mr zacci don't know if thats right way to spell it, gerges Assad from lobby bar you have to have a cocktail especially made for you, es slam from the Asian there is too many to mention so sorry, also it was sad when olga left to get married in Russia , see you all in August :))))))))))))))))

Molloy family"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2012

Hotels near SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort

Stayed at SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort

• tracie3398 by tracie3398

"hurghada marina is lovely and food is fab in the lodge "

• topshopbarbers by topshopbarbers

"the sinbad submarine trip was one we would do again excellent "

• Chrissy L by Chrissy L

"Great hotel and facilities, limited food choice "

• Claire by Claire

"Ask for rooms on top floors in the blocks away from main hotel if you would like it a bit quieter in the evening. "

• "Just enjoy every moment "

• MissB by MissB

"Not really suitable for children, not enough to keep them occupied. "

SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort is also called