We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Sea Star Beau Rivage

Near Military Hospital, Hurghada Egypt

Good

Nice but not perfect :-(

"Nice hotel,cleaners do their job well.Rooms big but dated a bit.
We traveled with 2 year old and we needed to carry buggy because of lack of stairs somewhere.Pool for children to deep for small ones.No bar on the beach.Food ok but repeats every week.All three of us were sick depite being careful.All inclusive end at 12:00 and you have to pay for everything if you stay longer(staff not friendly when you are desputing it).Mostly French,Italians and Russians.Beach nice but lots of oil and our shoes and clothes and feet were dirty every day.No problems with sunbeds at any time.You have to pay for juices in boxes.Definitely not 5 star,I would say 3+.
I think it will be helpful."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of June 2008

Fantastic, Amazing, Best holiday!!

"My friend & I have just returned from the most fantastic holiday at the Sea Star. The hotel is beautiful & constantly cleaned. The staff were all so very friendly & helpful & really appreciated our efforts of learning arabic & were happy to teach us more words which was great.
We loved the food which was delicious every morning, noon & night. We were a little worried that being all inclusive the food would be the same, but every day/night there were several different options of every type of food - salads, soups, vegetarian, fish & meat. We were warned about egyptian wine before we went by several people saying it was undrinkable, but drank their red wine every night & it was really nice.
The hotel put on so many activities that you just can't be bored & you can join in or just relax by the pool or the fantastic beach soaking up the beautiful egyptian sun. We loved Gigi & MC who's energies were relentless & got everyone going! They should both be on TV!
We spent a day snorkelling which was amazing & I would definitely say to try it if you haven't done so before.
I have no complaints whatsoever - well maybe 1 which is that I am at home now & want to be back there!
I will definitely return to the Sea Star & highly recommend it for a fantastic holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of May 2008

Wonderful hotel, would definitely go back again

"We have just returned from a week at this hotel and we loved everything about it. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean and very well run. The food was very good and there is plenty to do. The staff are very polite and friendly and all had a good sense of humour. The animation team were fabulous. The only bad point - once you have booked out at 12.00, the all inclusive deal ends which means that anything you eat or drink (lunch is served between 1pm-3pm) you have to pay for. We have been to all-inclusive hotels before and everything was inclusive until you left the hotel.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, we didn't want to leave. Julie and Natalie Fish, UK"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of May 2008

Be Aware

"We booked at the Sea Star but didn't stay there because the hotel was overbooked.
During a visit of the hotel a couple of days later someone from the management confirmed that the place was nearly all the time fully booked.
They officially confirmed that they prefer russian guests so western european tourists (dutch, french, etc) are the first to be bounced."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of April 2008

So so...............

"while i dont want to really slag off this hotel,to be honest there was good points and bad points to this hotel.......
GOOD POINTS...
1.it was immaculate
2.staff friendly enough

BAD POINTS..
1.it was so out of the way,that when the rep gave me a map of hurghada,it was not even on map,i think the worse part was after b/fast/dinner,it would have been nice to go for a nice walk,but believe me there was absolutely no where to walk except round the nearest building site,in which there was many..
2.the first week i used their in house internet service,the price was 20LE for a hour,the second week it had gone upto 70LE,thats an increase of 300%,i was livid,i had gone to reception to complain,the receptionist just shrugged his shoulders....
3.the food was ok,infact the breakfast was nice as was the bread rolls and desserts..and that was it..
4.this hotel was no where near a five star or even 4 star,i would say a really nice 3 star...
5.watching russians take greed to a higher level,and what annoyed me even more,they would fill their plates so high,and then leave it,and then have the audacity to go back up for more,and do it all over again,it was shameful to watch...
6.if this was 5 star you would get fresh orange juice at breakfast,yes you can get it,at a PRICE...
7.their in house (animation team),was the highlight of my holiday,i went to get a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!laugh because it was so dreadfull.......
8.please please dont waste ypu hard earned cash on this place.
9.i did not want to slag of this place at the beginning,i honestly was trying to find more good points,but i am afraid i cant...."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2008

Not as good as I expected

"We were one of approximately 5 British groups at the hotel for the week we were there. The rest were predominantly Russians, with a handful of French and German.

Not being "countryist", but it does make a difference. For example, I pre-booked a quad-biking/Bedouin village trip and found that we were the only 3 British in a group of 30 Russians and the tour guide only spoke Russian!! So, we had very limited information on how to ride the bikes and learnt nothing about the Bedouin people.

The service, staff, food, and beach were all pretty good. But I wouldn't do all inclusive again. It makes you feel tied to the hotel.
Make sure your travel organiser has ensured that the hotel will provide you with a meal if there is a big delay between checking out (noon) and being taken to the airport.

The hotel was a bit too out of the way for my liking. It would've been nicer to be able to step out of the hotel and walk to some restaurants and shops.

I consider it the responsibility of the travel company (Excel) to provide more detailed info on things like Hotel Clientele. I won't be booking with Excel again for this reason and various others."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of February 2008

What a Rip of !!!

"This was by far the worst holiday experience I have have ever had.

We were disappointed when we arrived that our interconnecting "Suites" were not available and they tried to give us two rooms on different floors despite having two young children with us.
We found the food to be boring, bland and unadventurous and we didnt know how we were going to survive the week on the unhealthy fare that was being served.
Despite it being all inclusive and there being many advertised facilities we found this not to be the case, and in fact the only recreating was mini golf and a pool table (which you had to pay to use both). tThere is no space in the hotel and it has a very small man made beach, they are also building next door (although Hurghada is one big building site) we would not recommend this hotel at all or or to be honest the actual resourt.
We did change hotels to the Sonesta Pharaoh which we found better although it also fell far short of its 5 star rating."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of February 2008

Not For the British

"Stayed at the Sea Star for our Honeymoon in December 2007. The hotel is beautiful, rooms excellent, cleanliness second to none, friendliness and service A1. Location isn't great - there are a couple of shops opposite and a pharmacy, everything else is a cheap taxi ride away.

This hotel is not for the british though it mainly caters for russian, german, polish visitors. There were only 6 of us week one and only 2 of us week 2 so we felt a bit out-numbered. The entertainment left a little to be desired - a one hour show each evening which again was geared towards other nationalities. There is a cocktail bar (extra charge for drinks) with the most awful pub singer you have ever heard. There is no background music anywhere else in the hotel, not even in the coffee shop which is essentially the main bar.

The main problem here is the food. Same thing night after night with some of it being warmed up from lunchtime! The food was not kept warm during service so unless you were eating bang on 7pm, it was cold.

A really lovely hotel overall which is sadly let down by its food and entertainment."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of February 2008

5 star??

"We were disappointed, with a young child, to find that we were the only British guests for the first 5 days. The staff said they rarely see British people there, the clientele being mainly French, Italian, Czech, Ukrainian.
Many of the staff, particularly in the Restaurant, were very friendly and helpful, but I'm sorry to say that others , particularly at the Pool bar, where decidedly difficult. No-one there knew what a 'Chocolate Milk' was, and repeated attempts to order one were met with Hot Chocolate, water, or a fruit cocktail left in front of me before I could protest. Only the assistant manager knew what it was. If all inclusive, you can expect you beer to be served in a 1/3 pint 3/4 full plastic glass and more or less slammed onto the counter while the barman starts serving another customer before you can ask for anything else, then waiting again before he comes back as if you are a nuisance to complete the order. I asked one barman for a plastic cup to fill at the water fountain and he made out he couldn't understand me for some time, so I turned and asked the assistant manager who was on my side of the counter, if he could help. Before I could turn round a cup of water was slammed onto the bar by the same guy, who obviously DID know what I wanted all along. And it wasn't just me, - I saw an Englishman who had arrived that day berating a (different)barman for serving 5 people before him, even though he was nearest, and first in the queue.
Your all inclusive cocktails will be served in the same small glasses, without ice, lemon, or any other adornment, and probably almost slung at you with little or no eye contact. We gave up trying to order drinks by waiter on the upstairs terrace as they sometimes took the order and didn't come back!
There is a 'pub' which was always empty, and never any staff in it anyway, and the 'nightclub' seemed similarly deserted. The 'live band' comprised the same one man band guy (nice chap) singing to backing tracks in broken English every night. O.K , but not a Band!
I saw a couple of Cockroaches in one of the general restrooms, and one was running around on the pool bar counter one evening. I don't know if that is unusual though, but be warned!

The Italian restaurant must be booked a day or more in advance unless you pay to go A La Carte, and is a limited set menu only.

If you saw Tennis Court mentioned on a web site, it is not the real thing. They do have Table Tennis though.
The 'high speed internet access' was charged by the half hour, and it sometimes felt as if it took that long to load a page.
There was no bed in our room for our daughter when we arrived in the evening, and when we went back after dinner it collapsed as the legs hadn't been properly extended. Added to this the divan had a quarter of the mesh missing, so the mattress sagged through it. It couldnt be replaced till the next day so she slept on the mattress on the floor that night.
We used a few things from the mini bar the first day (one item already missing) and despite my requests, it was never replenished.
Because check out is 12 on the departure day, we had booked and paid for an extra day so that we could stay in it till we left at 5 p.m. When we came to check out, the front desk where totally confused, and said we would have to pay them for an extra day, including A.I this was fortunately resolved when our rep arrived to pick us up, after 20 mins of arguing our case in Arabic while we stood mutely by. They only gave in after they had phoned the tour company and been assured of payment. I had tipped the bell boy for bringing or cases down, but he then watched as we carried our own bags out to the coach.

I must add that we are polite, deferential people, and I always met staff with a smile, not an expectant air at all.

Do yourselves a favour and avoid the Seastar.

Mark Stephens."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of July 2007

Fell in love with Sea Star

"HI stayed at Sea Star Beau Rivage 3 times in 1 year, the last time staying for 3 weeks.The place is 'paradise',situated on the red sea with its own beach leading right into the beautiful turquoise waters.The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, staff are very friendly & helpfull. The whole place has a very relaxed atmosphere.Food was excellant & plenty of it with many nationalities catered for.After my 3 weeks stat i never wanted to come back home & found myself a flat & job in hurgarda.I have since been to sharm, & Cairo (wich i love), stayed at Le Meridien in Lixir but none compare to the great time in sea star, always i have fond memories & hope to stay there again soon.For me Sea Star Beau Rivage is more than excellant, i cannot fault it or its staff."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of February 2007

It's not bad at all

Good

"Just returned from this hotel & dont believe all you read in some of the reviews, it is a lovely hotel, very clean & staff all very friendly. The food is fine just like any all inclusive it is pretty much the same each day but it is well presented, there is a variety and you can always find someting to eat you wont go hungry. True it is a bit out of the way at least a 20 min taxi ride to the Marina & not much each around, althogh if you like the sun & relaxing this is the place it has a good choice of pools & a new beach area. If you have booked dont worry join in & have fun thats what holidays are for.

Hope you enjoy as much as we did. A special mention to the the guy round the pool Ahmed he is such a lovely guy really cheerful, helpful & very pleasent to speak too, keep up the good work Ahmed soon you will make reception I'm sure. "

• Travel date: Fri 12th of July 2013

Glad to be back home

"I wonder if the people who said that the sea star is a great hotel worth of 5 stars were sober when they wrote their review. It is a 3 stars hotel, no more. It is clean (the rooms and the lobby, but not the dishes!) and the staff is friendly (the people who understood english, roughly 50% of the staff) and helpful and while the pool surroundings are fine, the beach is certainly not, because it is quite narrow and quite dirty as well if you just walk a few meters along it. furthermore there were hordes, yes hordes of dead jellyfish lying around, the ones who were not dead already you met when you went for a swim. breakfast was ok (but not a 5 star breakfast), but lunch and dinner were rather bad, day in day out the same stuff, food was cold and tasteless. If you take an all in package, expect the cheapest sorts of watered down local spirits and beer and low quality instant coffee. also, the location on the very north end of hurghada isnt exactly the place to be. The worst thing was that 6 out of the 9 other guests we were friends with and us had minor diarrhea after two to three days at the hotel. I would never go there again."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2012

Hotels near Sea Star Beau Rivage

Stayed at Sea Star Beau Rivage? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sea Star Beau Rivage

• routem by routem

"Mahmaya Island. The Lodge Restaurant at the New Marina "

• Lisagamilla by Lisagamilla

"Chose a great friend and definitely don't go if in a new relationship. You will break up for sure! "

• Shane M by Shane M

"book some tours to make time go by "

• Winter Miller by Winter Miller

"Go see the Marina it is very pretty nice resturants & a few shops, surrounding area not so nice & taxi drivers are crazy, join in they all work so hard to make sure you have a good holiday "

Sea Star Beau Rivage is also called