Sand Beach Hotel

El Corniche St, Hurghada Egypt

Good

Sand Beach Hotel

"First off the resort is far from in the centre of town all the main shops/restaurants and duty free shops are a taxi ride away! PAY NO MORE THAN 10 EGP!! and NO MORE THAN 50 EGP FROM THE AIRPORT TO AND FROM!!! they will try and rip you off by saying 50 egp.
Some of the hotel staff are good and accomodating and others treat you like rubbish!!
The food is aweful so would not recommend all inclusive, it often got reheated & moulded into another type of meal!! the best part of the meal was the rice!!!
The pool area itself is good,you get looked after by the towel guy however the pool does not get cleaned everday and you do find things floating in there (top & bottom)
The rooms are only very basic apart from the beach apartments which seem to be nice enough.
Finally when it comes to checking out of your room most of the staff are fine apart from a manager that is hardly there, in which case they want your all inclusive band off you there and then, no exceptions unless you pay!! you then proceed to get treated like animals untill you leave the hotel, watching your every move; making you feel uncomfortable. The so-called secure storage room, is just putting them in front of the main window where the policeman sits all day & night ergo NO SECURE ROOM!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of December 2008

The hotel is worn down and the pool was...

"The hotel is worn down and the pool was half full and had dead bugs in it. The staff is very unfriendly and stare at European women in a very uncomfortable way, and demand bribes if you don’t want a room that is more of a wardrobe than a room. The persons at the door to the restaurant only opened the doors Egyptian people, and ignored Europeans. Once inside the restaurant, the chef took several laps around us, continuously staring.

We were almost the only European people there, and my girlfriend simply refused to be at the pool. The Egyptian men had jeans and t-shirts when they were at the poolside, whilst the women were fully covered in black, only showing their eyes. Everyone staring at us of course, with suspicious faces. We thought that maybe we could avoid the staring by going to the hotel beach instead, but realized that it was more of a mud pool than a beach.

The thing with Hurughada is that you are limited to the Hotel which you are staying at, since there are no nice public beaches. Make sure you stay at good hotel, which excludes Sand Beach hotel.

I had booked our journey before I read the other reviews on this site, and though “Hey, they must be comfortable people not used to travelling outside of Europe. I’m a backpacker that has travelled the world and lived in shady places, Sand Beach will be fine. We won’t have to spend so much time there anyways if it's bad.”

I was so wrong. If you already have booked, rebook. If there are no other available options, I would rather cancel the trip, especially if you are going as a couple.

By the way, avoid Med Hotels.

• Travel date: Tue 4th of December 2007

The Sand Beach Hotel was very good, the...

Good

"The Sand Beach Hotel was very good, the Staff were very friendly and everywhere was cleaned frequently. Not too big a hotel, just right I thought. The rooms were done every day and towels changed frequently. Plenty of hot water whenever you needed it too. Albeit the Hotel was full of Russians (very noisy), Germans (bagged the sunbeds), Dutch (very friendly) and one other English family (it was so good to hear some proper English spoken!). With three swimming pools, joined by waterfalls, being in the pool was no problem and the Lifeguards were so nice. The Staff looked after me very well as I was on my own and couldn't do enough for me. I even got the policemen who guard every hotel talking to me! As with other Hotels in Hurghada, the food leaves something to be desired for English people as they cater mainly for Russians and Germans, i.e. for breakfast lots of salad, cheese, chopped hotdogs, etc, but they do an omelette with salad (peppers, onion etc) or plain or just fried egg if you chose. Good chips ordered from the Pool Bar. I was B & B so can't comment on the other meals. Sand Beach is in the old area of El Dahar which was very nice, not too quiet but not overrun either. Just round the corner from Sand Beach were shops and a big hotel with a cash machine. Main shopping was in Sakala which was a taxi ride away, 10 LE to the locals so that's what they got! Don't be tempted to walk (it looks so near) it is a long way! Beautiful views of the Red Sea and their own beach, very nice. Last time I went to a 5 star hotel (rather like a posh Holiday Camp), but I much preferred the Sand Beach. All in all I would stay there again and, by the way, the locals say the Russians are only there for booze and fags so you don't really see them during the day. If it's shows etc that you want don't go to the Sand Beach but I felt it really suited the English and what we expect and a very reasonable price too, so have a good time if you'd like to try it."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of June 2007

Hotels near Sand Beach Hotel

Stayed at Sand Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sand Beach Hotel

• sebvalmont by sebvalmont

"nice place, just get hassled by locals and kids, watch your back pockets with the little kids "

• sebvalmont by sebvalmont

"desert safari on quad bikes, luxor with a proper tour operator "

Sand Beach Hotel is also called